J Reynolds Landscaping

Founded 2001 • With Angi since December 2010

5213 11th St S

Arlington, VA 22204

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience....

lawn & landscaping (86)drain pipe installation (38)hardscaping (28)stone & gravel (19)mulch delivering (12)landscape lighting (8)lawn care (8)Patios (6)basement waterproofing (4)masonry (4)concrete repair (4)plumbers (9)

08/08/2020

I spent about a year soliciting quotes for what I wanted in the back patio, I chose Matt because he was very professional, polite and knowledgable. He produced a CAD drawing that represented everything I was trying to accomplish, which was very helpful in obtaining the HOA approval before I started. All through this process he took the time to answer questions, and was exceptionally helpful in cho...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Irrigation and Patio installation

CATEGORY decks,irrigation systems,masonry,basement waterproofing,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/13/2020

Photo for J Reynolds Landscaping - 5213 11th St S, Arlington, VA - 38789007

06/11/2020

It did not go at all, the company never responded to the request for quote.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Rear stoop/step installation

CATEGORY basement waterproofing

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/11/2020

[Member Name Removed], I apologize but I had thought I called you to set up and time but never got an answer. You mentioned doing a stoop with steps in your message. I would be happy to set up a time with you if you are still interested. If so, please call me at 571-424-0842. Thanks Matt

03/18/2020

100% endorse and recommend Matt and his crew for any landscaping job. We were thorough and called 6 landscapers (5 came out, only 3 submitted bids and this was during their slow time in December!) Matt's bid was in the middle but he provided a detailed drawing with plant names after we walked around our property. We also had him build a structure for a garden that turned out to be bigger and bette...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Demo of old landscaping, new shrubs put in with mulch and a garden structure designed and built.

CATEGORY landscaping,mulch

WORK COMPLETED ON 03/18/2020

11/05/2018

J. Reynolds did a fantastic job from start to finish. They professionally diagnosed the problem, proposed a good solution and executed it flawlessly within the promised time. Matt and his team were hard working, polite, and took great pains to leave no mess behind. I was very impressed with their work and highly recommend them for drainage, hardscaping and landscape work.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Drainage project

CATEGORY landscaping,irrigation systems,pavers, gravel,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/01/2018

Photo for J Reynolds Landscaping - 5213 11th St S, Arlington, VA - 37531822

06/03/2018

Quality was excellent and price was fair. Responsiveness and communication could have been better.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Garden path with field stones and short dry stack stone wall.

CATEGORY landscaping,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 06/03/2018

04/11/2018

The work was excellent, special finishing touches were added to really make the driveway extension and paths look great and the patio extension was just what we wanted. We're definitely going to hire again! (Just a little late on the review ... ;-)

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
extending driveway, extending brick patio and extending gravel path to square off and match driveway

CATEGORY decks,landscaping,pavers, gravel,patios

WORK COMPLETED ON 11/16/2017

07/20/2017

Matt and his team were great! Matt was very accommodating and even met with us on a Saturday to go over the project before starting. Just to be sure everyone was on the same page as to the patio. Matt worked and stayed on site while most of the work was being done. Matt's staff were also very nice and thoughtful. I really like that Matt is the owner and he is also responsible for the work being do...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We were looking for someone to build a 400+ square foot patio and fire pit with a solider row. We had engineered drawings showing the size and location. The patio was to be constructed mostly with a curved border and with the curves having a specific radius. With all the curves blending smoothly into each other. I was looking for a professional team with low overhead (no ridiculous pricing). Some previous bad experiences with contractors had left me skeptical. I specifically wanted a company that could operate independently. I was tired of having to take off work and babysit contractors.

CATEGORY landscaping,lawn service,hardscaping,patios

WORK COMPLETED ON 07/20/2017

Photo for J Reynolds Landscaping - 5213 11th St S, Arlington, VA - 35867822

06/02/2017

Came out for a free estimate, friendly and responsive. Suggested the problem was a faulty blocked gutter, rather than a standing water problem. Would hire for another job, as needed -- appreciated the honesty and open minded appraisal of the issue.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
Discussion of drainage and grade concerns with new house.

CATEGORY landscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/19/2017

05/14/2017

Excellent all around service from beginning to end. Matt called me while he was on vacation to return my initial call, and rather than wait to get back in town to get my plat and pictures of the current situation, he asked me to email them to him so to be able to hit the ground running. The walkway took a week, and the end product was solid. He provided good advice as we picked out the stone and b...

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
New flagstone walkway, house lighting, and mulch

CATEGORY concrete repair,mulch,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

WORK COMPLETED ON 05/14/2017

Photo for J Reynolds Landscaping - 5213 11th St S, Arlington, VA - 35032109

12/17/2016

Excellent! Their crew came in, took care of business, and completed the job in less than one day. The system is working well, and the load on our sump pump is greatly reduced.

DESCRIPTION OF WORK
We needed a drainage solution to channel water away from the house. Downspouts drained directly to the surface of the yard, but flowed back toward the house. J. Reynolds team installed drain piping to run the downspout water away from the house, directing it toward the storm drain. They also installed a small French drain in one location.

CATEGORY landscaping,drain pipe

WORK COMPLETED ON 10/07/2016

Drainage & Erosion Control, Basement Waterproofing, Gutter Downspout Extensions, Hardscaping, Landscape Lighting.

Lawn mowing and Snow Removal.