Home Energy Medics

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2011

Home Energy Medics is a well respected, full service, home performance company. We conduct energy audits to address home comfort, energy efficiency, and homeowner health and safety. Our team is comprised of building science experts and engineers that hold multiple certifications through the Building Performance Institute. We bring a deep understanding of science, engineering, home performance, and construction to every project. With a combined 9 years of experience in home improvement and renovations, we’re your local experts in building science and home efficiency....

Bright Construction Group

Bright Masonry Inc offers professional and experienced masonry and concrete services as well as creative design work for your construction, concrete work, driveway, sidewalk, retaining walls and patio for both small & large jobs. For generations we have maintained our goals to provide the highest quality of service. We employ the most experienced and friendliest staff & offer the sharpest prices possible. We have also built and sustained a desirable reputation with our clients as a qualified, dependable contractor. Bright Construction Group is the logical choice for all construction work requiring the services of a concrete and masonry contractor. They are located in Arlington and Merryfield, phone (703) 522-1848 or (703) 533-7422 and their years of reliable dependability & unparalleled workmanship have gained them an excellent reputation among contractors and homeowners throughout the area. Bright Construction Group employs European-trained craftsmen, are members of the National Association of the Remodeling Industry (NARI) and the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and have outstanding concrete and masonry workmanship. These highly skilled professionals have been featured on HGTV and has one of the best reputations rated by consumers on Consumer CheckBook and Angie’s List. Bright Construction Group is equipped to handle any size job, large or small. They have the necessary experience to provide durable, attractive concrete and masonry work. All types of brick, block, stone and concrete construction including outdoor patios, slabs, driveways, foundations, footings, curbs, sidewalks, fireplaces, chimneys and retaining walls can be performed by these professionals. DBA Bright Construction Group Maryland Home Improvement Contractor License #105847

Odemz Plumbing

Odemz Plumbing is owned by a master plumber & gasfitter with over 22 years experience. We specialize in drain cleaning, water heaters, leak detection, gas leaks, main water & sewer line replacements and all aspects of plumbing. Our team is in strict compliance with COVID restrictions. We always wear gloves, shoe covers, and face masks with every visit.

Herndon Service

Cost is determined by the job. Additional Email - info@herndonservice.com. Award wining.

Offers by Herndon Service on Angi

01/01/2022

Miten M.

We initially called Home Energy Medics (HEM) to replace old and inadequate insulation in the attic of our 60-yr old home. We knew our home was drafty, and the three floors felt like three different climates. We assumed all we needed was new insulation. However, we were intrigued by HEM's home energy audit because of the age of our home. We started with a comprehensive energy audit performed by Luke to assess all areas where energy leaks might be causing an uncomfortable environment inside our home--not just the attic insulation, as we initially thought. Luke was courteous, professional and thorough in explaining the process of an energy audit and answering our questions. After the audit we met again with Luke and the owner Scott who went through, in even greater detail, potential areas of improvement. Scott was very accommodating in offering customized alternatives to address our concerns. HEM initially offered three options (good, better, best) to improve energy efficiency. Then, Scott worked with us to craft a solution that fit our needs, desires and budget. He patiently educated us on how to prioritize the home improvements that would best address our desire to improve the climate inside our home. HEM replaced and installed foam insulation in the attic, basement and a bay window; added a return to the HVAC; performed duct cleaning and aeroseal duct treatment; and installed a new range hood. During the actual work, Scott visited frequently to communicate with his subcontractors and personally ensured all jobs were done per our agreement and to our satisfaction. Our home now is more uniformly comfortable across all three levels of the house. It's also quieter thanks to the insulation. HEM's energy improvements resulted in a Silver Pearl Certification of our home. Scott is honest, direct and passionate about his work. He was great to work with.

Description of Work
Energy audit and attic insulation

Category drywall,heating & air conditioning/hvac,insulation,air duct cleaning,interior painters,dryer vent cleaning,energy audit

10/28/2021

Nikki D.

I had Home Energy Medics help me with an ongoing condensation issue on my duct work. To say I was pleased is really an understatement. From start to finish they were extremely professional, knowledgeable (I asked lots and lots of questions) and helpful. The crew was exceptional, meticulous with their work and timely everyday They arrived when they said they would and worked non-stop throughout the day. I am not someone who normally gives reviews, good or bad, but I just couldn’t let their work go unnoticed. The supervisor came by after the job was done to ensure everything they did was to my satisfaction and I couldn’t be happier.

Description of Work
home energy audit and leaking condensation on duct work

Category drywall,insulation,lighting,replacement windows,energy audit

[Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for writing a review on your experience. It means so much to us that we fulfilled your needs and that the outcome was a great one! If you need anything from us in the future, please do not hesitate to ask...and we will be here. Have a great weekend [Member Name Removed], and thank you again:) Best Regards, Vicki Wells Operations Manager Home Energy Medics, LLC

09/01/2021

Michael M.

They were prompt, responsive, and very helpful. They walked me through their process, explained what they found, and provided useful options for remediation.

Description of Work
Energy Efficiency Audit

08/20/2021

Scott P.

The initial onsite energy audit went very well. It was both thorough and efficiently conducted speaking to the professionalism of the company. Our Energy Auditor, Brian, brought several items of potential concern to our immediate attention as the audit progressed. We are looking forward to reviewing the full results and will be using the information to plan some long needed comfort and energy efficiency improvements.

Description of Work
Full Energy Audit

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,home inspection,insulation,energy audit

04/14/2021

Karl K.

Luke was extremely professional and easy to work with. I am a shift worker and had just come off of a night shift. Luke was kind and understanding to the extreme. He worked quietly and efficiently all while answering any questions I had before and during his time in our home. He patiently explained his work and showed me things about my home that I would have never known. Additionally, Luke bonded with our dog to the point that when he left our lovely greyhound was upset that her new friend was gone. Above all, Luke was thorough, easy to work with, and a salt of the earth individual. I look forward to working with anyone else from Energy Medics on any future project to help our home become more efficient!

Description of Work
Home Energy Audit

03/12/2021

James H.

Home Energy Medics has dramatically improved the energy efficiency in our two houses. Ten years ago, HEM redid the insulation in our crawl space and attic, cutting our heating and cooling bills in half. Most recently, they upgraded the insulation and ventilation in our new townhouse and again, did a great job!

Description of Work
Insulation and ventilation

Category drywall,insulation,air duct cleaning,energy audit

Thank you for the feedback! It was a pleasure to work for you again, and we hope you enjoy these improvements as much or more than the ones on your prior home! :)

02/19/2021

Juliet W.

If the polar vortex is coming into your home, I recommend Home Energy Medics to conduct an energy audit to pinpoint where you are loosing heat. Using high tech machinery, the Home Energy Medics identifies where heat is escaping from your home and proposes solutions. I’ve used Home Energy Medics twice in the last five years and have been extremely happy with the results. In January 2021, they put insulation in my exterior walls where none had existed in my 100-year old building. The able crew completed additional tasks on my “to do” list (among them adding closet doors in my bedroom) and repainted all the walls in the two rooms in which they had worked. I recommend High Energy Medics highly to make your home more energy efficient (read lower energy bills). The outfit is extremely knowledgeable and the workers are considerate and Covid 19-aware. I recommend them highly.

Description of Work
Insulate bedroom & living room exterior walls

Category drywall,insulation,interior painters,energy audit

We appreciate the terrific feedback! It was a pleasure working for you again and helping make your home more comfortable.

01/28/2021

sharif A.

The quality of the repair was very good. When done, everything looked as good as new. Scott was always responsive and clear in communicating next steps etc. The team was punctual and always cleaned up before they left. The found the source of the mold and repaired, which had been an issue for us for a long time. The cost was on the higher end, but you get what you pay for and the end result was of a high quality. We would use them again and would recommend to others.

Description of Work
Repairing mold damage, finding the source, insulation removal and replacement

Category drywall,insulation,mold removal,energy audit

01/05/2021

Michael W.

Luke was extremely thorough in his inspection and pointed out several areas of our house where we are losing hot air that I would not have thought of before. He was diligent about testing every part of our house and also did a good job explaining what he was finding along the way.

Description of Work
Home Energy Audit

11/26/2020

Richard P.

I noticed a substantial pool of water leaking through the ceiling of my kitchen. I emailed Home Energy Medics and they got back to me within a few days. Luke came out to do the inspection and give us a entire home energy audit and Action Plan to address a number of issues both related to the specific problem we were having but also a number of other issues that would improve the home in general. I know a lot more about my home now which is well worth the cost of the audit. Scott was the project manager. He and his team came out and found warm moist air coming in from outside the home and into the voids in the walls and condensing around the cold supply and return ducting leading to and from our second floor and running down to the ceiling in the kitchen. The only way to address the issue was to open up the walls in two rooms upstairs and the ceiling in the kitchen and use spray foam to insulate the entire stack. It took a couple of days of work but afterward the drywall looked better than it did before the work. Scott worked really well with our insurance company and provided them pictures and details of the work. This was particularly helpful, as the insurance company didn’t even need to come inspect personally and we received the claim money within a few weeks. We had no more issues with the ducts since and the HVAC system is more efficient. Overall I have no complaints. Great work. I will definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Insulation of HVAC ducts and subsequent drywall repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,home inspection,insulation,interior painters,energy audit

Home Energy Medics

Founded 2009 • With Angi since December 2011

817 22nd St S

Arlington, VA 22202

Home Energy Auditing, Energy Remodeling, Duct Sealing, Insulation, Windows & Doors, Ventilation Equipment

Visa, MasterCard, Check