Dominion Electric Supply Company, Inc.

Founded 1940 • With Angi since February 2011

3.7

Dominion Electric has been serving professionals and homeowners in the Washington D.C./Baltimore area for 75 years. Independently owned and locally operated, our comprehensive inventory, combined with a team of highly experienced professionals focused on providing personalized service, has earned us the reputation as the partner to turn to for projects large and small. This location has a retail lighting showroom as well as a supply counter, will call, and commercial quotations. HOURS: lighting showroom: M-F 8:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday 9:00 am to 3:00 pm supply counter: M-F 6:00 am to 5:00 pm Saturday 7:30 am to 3:00 pm We have two other retail lighting showrooms in the area: 14605 Lee-Jackson Hwy, Chantilly, VA, 20151 (703) 631-8300 and 8610 Cherry Lane, Laurel, MD 20707 (301) 470-2121....

Green landscape llc

Green landscape is a landscaping company with over 12 years of landscaping and design experience. We specialize in providing quality landscape options for your living space. At Green Landscape Llc, We take care to provide our customers high quality on every project and the best services.

Creative Irrigation & Lighting, Inc

Expert irrigation, lighting and drainage solutions for your home with award-winning service. The personal attention we dedicate to our customers and project quality is the pride of Creative Irrigation & Lighting. We have served the DC Metro area under the same name and ownership with the same high standards for the last 30+ years. Our promise is to offer the Creative Irrigation & Lighting distinction on every project we tackle for you. We are Different by Design. 6 year Angie's List Super Service Award Winner

Mister Rogers Electric LLC

MisterRogers Electric, LLC is a small, family owned residential electric service company located in Alexandria, VA. Serving the Northern Virginia area, we offer a complete line of residential electric services. Residential electric service is our only business. We combine knowledge, personal service, creative solutions, quality materials, & a clean work area to give you a one of a kind service experience. Mister Rogers Electric offers military & senior discounts. We are LGBT & pet friendly.

06/16/2014

Abigail E.

Had an excellent experience with Dominion Electric. We went there to buy under cabinet lighting, and the woman who helped us also gave us an impromptu design consultation which included some great tips that we ended up incorporating into our kitchen remodel design. Great inventory and selection, very friendly and professional. We will go there for lighting moving forward.

Description of Work
Design consultation and sold us under cabinet lighting.

Category electrician,lighting

06/10/2014

Karen B.

Our electrician encouraged us to go to Dominion Electric to buy our fans since the ones we have from the local orange Mega mart no longer work. We went to Dominion and their sales staff is very professional. Our sales woman did not try to sell us anything and made copies of several fan models for us. We showed them to our electrician and then went back to Dominion. We made sure to see the same sales person who recognized me and then said, and quot;Thank you for coming back. and quot; You don't hear this very often. Dominion is more expensive but the warranties are better and the sales staff is far more knowledgeable than the mega mart. I would go back there if we had further needs. They have an amazing selection of lights to suit all needs.

Description of Work
We bought several fans and lighting

Category lighting,ceiling fans

Thank you so much for the feedback and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. Sincerely, Patricia Jordan Marketing Manager

01/31/2014

ray T.

I went to this store to create and place an order for lighting for a new home theater room and rest of the basement area. the order was to include a large number of recessed lights, undercabinet lights, and a home automation control system that could be operated via ipad. I made an appointment with a sales rep (who turned out to be one of the managers I was told). I brought in a detailed design showing all of the lights needed and only needed help selecting the final products and placing the order. the person was not familiar with the home automation products available to control lighting from an ipad. I waited 2 weeks to contact them after not hearing anything. I was told the person that I met with was on a business trip for 2 weeks, and there was no record of my order. I waited for another 2 weeks and still was not contacted by the person despite an email request and phone calls with another sales rep. bottom line - abysmal customer service and poor knowledge of current industry trends.

Description of Work
develop and place a lighting order

Category lighting

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to apologize for the bad experience you had with us. We do our best to make sure everyone has a pleasant shopping experience and assure you that we have already shared your post with our sales team. If you'd like to discuss this further, we'd love to talk to you. Jim Pishner, Executive Vice President Operations, works very closely with the showrooms and would be happy to assist you. His number is 703-536-4400 extension 3385. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to better deliver on our commitment to take care of the customer. Sincerely, Patricia Jordan, Marketing Manager

11/14/2013

Diane G.

Absolutely no customer service. They don't care if you're there or not. Lots of people sitting at desks. No one interested in customer service or communication.

Description of Work
Tried to find light fixtures.

Category lighting

Thank you for your feedback. We'd like to apologize for the bad experience you had with us. We do our best to make sure everyone has a good shopping experience and assure you that we have already shared your post with our sales team. If you'd like to discuss this further, we'd love to talk to you. Jim Pishner, Executive Vice President Operations, works very closely with the showrooms and would be happy to assist you. He can be reached at 703-536-4400 extension 3385. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to better deliver on our commitment to take care of the customer. Sincerely, Patricia Jordan Marketing Manager

09/24/2013

Robert V.

After several years, we were having trouble with a fixture and two caps, which had cracked. The electrician who had installed the lighting originally told me it was a factory problem and that I should call Dominion. With the original receipts in hand, Dominion worked with the manufacturer and arranged replacements. Mary Rudy was amazing and I can't praise her and Dominion enough. This was the way businesses used to be run!

Description of Work
We purchased exterior lighting for an outdoor deck project from Dominion Electric

07/29/2013

Cynthia D.

He was able to help me and everything went well ordering my items. They have a great selection to choose from.

Description of Work
I went to the show room and they helped me select some light fixtures. They also provided special assistance when it came to ordering.

Category electrician

07/11/2012

Tom J.

The first time I visited I got great customer service. A lady on the showroom helped out and did a great job explaining options for my lighting project. However, the second, third and fourth time I visited it was nearly impossible to get help. Like the previous comments there were plenty of salespeople sitting at their desks, they just didn't seem to want to deal with customers. The service desk in the back is a bit better, but you need to know exactly what you want as they are used to dealing with professionals.

Description of Work
Under-cabinet lights, recessed lights.

Category electrician,lighting

04/18/2012

Erin W.

Excellent quality merchandise, nice showroom in convenient location. Service in the showroom was a little slow on a busy Saturday, but that's to be expected. We used our own electrician to install.

Description of Work
Purchased ceiling fan, electrical supplies

Category electrician,lighting,ceiling fans

09/19/2011

JO ELLEN W.

I'll never go back to Dominion after I receive my new shipment -- which I didn't want to get from them, but they would not refund my money even though they gave me a defective light fixture.

Description of Work
I totally agree with the previous report. Unfortunately, I did not review Angies list before using Dominion! I am also remodeling my kitchen and wanted two pendant lights to go over the pennisula. I found two, and ordered them -- one pendant was defective and wanted them both replaced. I felt that just replacing the one defective light would delay the situation because it was highly probable that the replacement would also be defective, for reasons that would take too long to explain. Anyway, I talked with Linda, the Manager, and, to say that she was curt would be an understatement. She acted as if she was doing me a hugh favor by taking back the defective pendant -- she absolutely REFUSED to refund my money, and she acted as if she couldn't get me out of there fast enough. I ordered new pendants which will take another three weeks to get in the shop. Long story short, why bother with these people???? There is a lovely shop I found in Old Town Alexandria on Henry street that I will be going to for all my lighting in the future. And their prices on the same items were better. It's not as if I was buying a $25.00 light fixture. And, as the person said in the previous report, so what if I were? They should treat their customers better.

02/26/2011

CATHERINE R.

My husband and I are currently remodeling our kitchen. We were in search of lighting fixtures. We visited this showroom and spent well over 45 minutes without one single individual acknowledging we were there. While several people were working with customers, there were others sitting at their desks avoiding our eye contact. Obviously, this company doesn't need any new business and the economy must not have affected their sales. If their process is you need to make an appointment, then shouldn't someone have the decency to advise potential customers of their process? Not one person said, "we'll be right with you," NOTHING. We get better treatment at the big box stores..........Don't waste your time.

Description of Work
Went to purchase lighting for our kitchen remodel.

Category lighting

Lighting layouts, consultations, fixture selection and design, controls, fans, energy saving products & electrical supplies. Please remember, lighting design takes time. We suggest making an appointment for consultation with blue prints and plans.

Lamp shades, fixture parts or repair

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa