Best Contractor'S - Plumbing & Electrical

Founded 1992 • With Angi since July 2011

4.1

3202 13th Rd S

Arlington, VA 22204

Free Estimates * Pricing Varies Depending on Job * 24 Hour Emergency Service * Payment is due at the time of Service, unless other specified * 10% discount 1st customers ONLY!!

12/19/2018

Laura C.

Steve Best was paid in full. He unjammed the disposal but said he needed to go get parts to remove the disposal. He never came back. We contacted him numerous times but he continues to ignore us. Do not hire this person.

Description of Work
Garbage disposal removed

12/19/2018

Laura C.

We used this company in the past and were happy with their service. When our garbage disposal jammed, we decided to just have it removed. Steve came over and fixed the jammed disposal but said he needed to get more parts to remove the disposal. He asked for payment up front. Because we were happy with him in the past, we agreed. We asked for a receipt. Steve said he didn't have his receipt book. Once again we let this go because we had a good experience in the past. I'm sure you can see where this is going. Steve never came back. My wife took time off of work just to be left there waiting while Steve ignored her calls. I called Steve from my phone and he answered. He said to call back and set up a new appointment. Now that he knows my number, he ignores my calls as well. He took our money and ran. He has ignored all text messages and phone calls. Our fault for paying in advance with cash. Stay away from this company.

Description of Work
Removal of a garbage disposal

06/23/2017

Stephen L.

Squeezed us in at end of day. finished at about 7 pm.

Description of Work
Snaked a clogged Kitchen Drain and installed Owner provided Garbage Disposal

08/19/2015

Nicholas P.

Things went very well. He was early, knew what he was doing and did what was necessary to get the job done. Difficult spot to work in - job done no problems, Clean, quick and professional. Not cheap but reasonable. Would use him again. Cheers Nick

Description of Work
Attempted to remove Moen shower cartridge - finished with replacement of entire vale as needed.

11/03/2014

srikanth G.

This is my first experience with a handyman service as I have bought a home (first time buyer) and want to install ceiling fans inside my home. Also wanted to change the lights as they were old fashioned and want to replace them with some nice looking chandeliers. I have been shopping for the handyman services and finally thought to give chance to some handymans who i talked on phone to let them give me a quote. Total 4 different handymans came and looked and gave me a quote. By the way he talked and gave me a quote I thought I had a professional and very reasonable quote for the services he had accepted to do. The day has come and as he came by and saw the fans and chandeliers i bought he said that he can only do it for 4 or 5 hundred dollars more as the work he thought would be and the work it is now is much more than expected. I agree that he might need some more work to do than initially he thought. So I thought to agree upon the 450$ more from what he already agreed And then after he has done his work. He came up with the bill. He said he wanted almost a 1000 bucks more even after agreeing to do it for 500$ more when I asked about it he initially tried to explain he has to do more work but after I was insistent on saying that for the more work we agreed on paying 500$ more he lost his cool and started shouting on me in my very own home . I ended up paying 750$ more than i agreed intially just to get rid of him from my home and he was still raising his voice. I have asked him if they would do a paint work for my living room and he quoted almost double of his painter had quoted me directly after I rejected his quote. Looks like he want money desperately and he somehow made me overpay for that. Having said all that the job he has done is very decent and very good although he left some places without cleaning stuff. I would not recommend based his unprofessional behavior. I have created angieslist account just for this review and this is my first review and first horrible experience.

Description of Work
4 ceiling fans with wiring and drive wall work and 4 chandeliers in my living room and bedrooms

Category electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, drain cleaning

04/04/2014

JAMES U.

For both jobs Mr. Best needed to deal with non-standard and outdated parts. He cheerfully made two trips to the hardware store to accomodate the odd parts situation. All work was done with outstanding results. His prices were much lower than other contractors I got quotes from. I would heartily recommend Steve Best to anyone who would like prompt professional and economical services.

Description of Work
He installed a turn-off valve and connected my gas stove and he replaced under-the-sink plumbing.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

07/23/2013

Patrick D.

I prepaid $275.00 to Steve Best [Member information removed] to replace a toilet at a condominium property in Alexandria, VA. Fairfax County. Mr Best did not ever perform the work. He kept the money I gave him. He did not answer my phone calls or text messages. Until seeing him on Angie's list, I thought he was off the grid.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

05/29/2013

Magdi I.

He was very punctual. He told us ahead of time what we needed in parts so we could have everything ready for him. He fit us into his schedule after hours so we would have our grill for Memorial Day weekend. He was very courteous, clean and honest.

Description of Work
Best Contractor fixed my gas grill.

Category gas grill repair

05/21/2012

Mani M.

Steve and crew were very professional, courteous and thoughtful. They completed the work in spite of all the obstacles. The price matched the quote with minor changes due to the conditions.I plan to use Steve and Best Contracting for all my plumbing, electrical and drywall work going forwarding!

Description of Work
We noticed a wet spot on our bathroom ceiling drywall. We had one plumber who came in, looked in the ceiling and said, yes, there is a leak. I will send you a proposal to fix it and then nothing. Steve, Bill and Troy from Best Contracting came in, inspected the situation and asked all the questions - where are the water shut-off? They provided a quote and got to work. This was expected to be a pretty simple fix. Replace the leaking sections of a 1 inch copper pipe. Over the next 3 hours, Steve and his crew learned more about our condo and that the pipe in question than any of us knew or even could have anticipated. There was no shutoff valve for this pipe within our unit or building. Eventually we had to call Arlington water to shut the water to the entire complex. Once the water was shut off, Steve and crew were able to fix the pipe and clean up in a very short tim.

Category drywall, plumbing, drain cleaning

12/19/2011

Jan R.

I had a problem on Saturday evening and he came at 10:00 PM to fix it. Next he came out within an hour to fix the stove. He was absolutely fantastic. He was extraordinarily helpful. He was polite. He did what he needed to do. It was a really wonderful service. He was extraordinarily responsive. He set a time and he was there. He was extraordinarily courteous, professional, and careful. He made sure he did not make a mess and he was very helpful. I would definitely recommend him. I would use them in the future.

Description of Work
I used Best Contractor'S - Plumbing & Electrical. He came twice over the weekend. He fixed my stove and he cleaned the pipes of the sink as it was clogged.

Category appliance repair, plumbing, drain cleaning

07/24/2011

Carol B.

Excellent customer service.

Description of Work
Best Contractor's Plumbing & Electrical is one of the BEST plumbing companies I've used. I had an emergency my hot water heater was leaking. They have 24 hour emergency service and they arrived at my home in less than an hour. Mr. Best arrived with the crew to make sure that things were handled appropriately. He was very friendly and so was his crew of men. They stopped my leak and then the next morning they installed a top of the line A.O. Smith Water Heater in my home. There prices are reasonable and they did not even charge me an overtime charge. They were clean and profesional and got everything taken care of and fixed in no time. I would highly recommend them.

Category drywall, electrician, gas grill repair, lighting, plumbing, water heater repair, water softeners, gas logs, gas leak repair, sewer cleaning, drain cleaning

J Reynolds Landscaping

J Reynolds Landscaping was created to provide the Northern Virginia area with the highest quality installation of landscaping materials possible. The Owner, Matt Meyer along with Jason Reynolds, has been installing custom designs right here in the northern Virginia area for over 18 years. With a reputation for excellence, the highest quality customer service, master craftsmanship and fair pricing. A design expert will come to your home and provide you with a free consultation and estimate for your homes unique needs. J Reynolds Landscaping will then provide you with the professional installation of the materials that you have chosen for your home. We differ from other Landscaping companies because we: - Never sub-contract any portion of the job. - A design expert is physically on every job site. - Your job is completed before any other job has been started. - We have no day laborers. - We are licensed and insured. - Estimates are always free. - All installers have at least 3 years of experience.

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services.

Metro Drainage Pros LLP

Metro Drainage Pros is a licensed & insured company that specializes in exterior storm water management and drainage issues. At Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP, we offer a team of highly trained professionals who all have a vast amount of experience in storm water management. We are a fully licensed and insured company, and we strive to bring our customers the best possible solutions, tailored to fit their needs. There is no job that is too big or complicated, and with over 30 years of extensive experience, our professional trained employees are fully capable of handling the most demanding of projects. So don't let your drainage get you any longer. Let the Metro Drainage Pro's, LLP team identify the source of the problem so we can provide you with long lasting results.

All aspects of Plumbing and Electrical