ATLAS Home Inspection

Founded 2012 • With Angi since April 2014

1614 N Wakefield St

Arlington, VA 22207

Professional Home Inspections: HVAC, Electrical, Plumbing, Structure, Insulation, Ventilation, Roofing, Exterior, Interior, Appliances. Property Condition, Maintenance, Energy Efficiency, and Safety. Ed Snope is a Licenseded Virginia Home Inspector, a Certified ASHI Inspector, a NADRA Certified Deck Inspector, and a member of NOVA ASHI, VAREI, and NRPP. Ed has over 30 years of experience covering the following fields: Historic restoration and wood preservation; green/organic methods and products; fireplaces and wood burning stoves; insulation, ventilation, and roofing; home renovation, construction, carpentry, repair, and painting; tree and plant care, diagnosis, pruning, and removal; landscaping, patios, walls, and decks; grading and drainage....

06/14/2019

Austin A.

I have read numerous reviews about Atlas Home Inspection and inspector Ed Snope that suggest he does a great job for home buyers. While his aggressive approach may satisfy some buyers and provide them a negotiating tool, as the seller of a home that has been subjected to one of Ed’s inspections, I feel compelled to offer a very different assessment. Earlier this year Mr. Snope of Atlas inspected a home we were selling--a 40-year-old home my family and I lived in and maintained well for almost 14 years. When Mr. Snope left my home following his 3+ hour inspection, I found damage to a window shade, garage door openers that no longer operated properly, and a locked door handle that caused us to lock ourselves out of our bathroom in the middle of the night—and required that we remove the door knob to access the bathroom. We also found multiple surfaces defaced with stickers indicating very minor problems. Mr. Snope delivered a report that contained many inaccuracies, including an error on the first page that added years to the age of the home--a data point that is easily checked online via public records. He also recorded some features of our home as not working when the only problem seemed to be his inability to understand their basic operations. The inspection report also seemed to base its findings on arbitrary and highly questionable standards and judgements, including recommending changes that would violate HOA covenants. To be fair, the inspector did report that our dishwasher had been recalled, which I confirmed with the manufacturer and were repaired at no cost to us. However, my overall view is that this home inspector lack professional integrity and courtesy. In our case he provided a report that was in many respects inaccurate, misleading and grossly unfair. He also showed little respect for our home and its current owners. In short, this is not a home inspector I would ever choose to engage, even if I was a buyer.

Description of Work
Pre-Sale Home Inspection

01/28/2019

Donna D.

This is the second time we've used Atlas Home Inspection/Ed Snopes, and like the first time, we were extremely pleased with his thoroughness, attention to detail, professionalism and quick response with a fully-detailed written report. Ed was particularly instructive to our son who is purchasing his first home, pointing out what he was seeing, giving guidance on what could be expected in the future, and demonstrating patience when we asked follow-up questions. His report included annotated photographs and comments that allowed us to go back to the Sellers with informed reasons for asking for repairs and/or a price reduction. We highly recommend Atlas Home Inspection and Ed.

Description of Work
Home Inspection: 3 BR Condo

06/18/2018

Candace L.

ATLAS, Ed Snope, exceeded my expectations! I had some issues with basement waterproofing after the recent storm. I wasn't sure where to turn. A friend suggested that I seek a home inspector to provide an independent opinion. As a follow up, I chose ATLAS to provide me with an inspection specific to basement waterproofing and drainage. It was pouring rain the day of the inspection, this did not deter Ed from a thorough interior / exterior review. He was entirely open to me accompanying him during the inspection and he provided clarification along the way. This was a super learning experience. I promptly received a detailed report, along with recommendations and photos which allowed me to tune in to specific contractors in a more informed fashion. Ed has also been available to respond to follow up questions. I highly recommend ATLAS' services and not waiting until you're ready to sell your home to get a home inspection. I feel that my home will benefit from a higher attention to upkeep based on Ed's recommendations.

Description of Work
Home inspection specific to basement waterproofing

03/05/2018

Geoffrey G.

Ed was fantastic. This was our first home, so he took lots of time to walk us through the inspection room by room and explained to us not just what he found but also regular home maintenance and other pointers that were very helpful. He was incredibly thorough and very direct and professional in communication, which I appreciated.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

Category home inspection,radon testing

Thank you for choosing ATLAS Home Inspection. Please let me know if you have any questions.

10/18/2017

Peter S.

Atlas Home Inspections was easy to contact and we were able to schedule an appointment quickly. They were the most reasonably priced of the companies we contacted to do the home inspection, with a base price and then additional fee based on square footage. Ed is extremely professional, very thorough and provided an extremely detailed report with photos and recommendations for repair. He did such a wonderful job, our real estate agent decided to recommend him to clients exclusively for home inspections. We will continue to recommend him to friends and would definitely use him again if needed.

Description of Work
We had Atlas Home Inspections complete two home inspections for us before we purchased our house.

Category home inspection

Thank you for choosing Atlas Home Inspection. Please let me know if you have any questions.

07/31/2017

Jim G.

Ed was excellent! He went above and beyond my expectations. From the beginning he was very responsive in him communication with getting me an estimate and just remaining in contact with me. Both before the inspection, and even after! He made sure that I understood everything he pointed out...he was very knowledgable and informative. One thing specifically that made Ed stand out was that he went up in the attic, came back down, put his ladder away but realized he forgot to take a picture...and without me saying anything, Ed went back to get his ladder, when all the way back in the attic, and took that picture that I needed. Another impressive thing was the home inspection report itself. It was extremely detailed and very well organized. There were plenty of pictures in the report and each picture had either an arrow, or a circle around the troubled area. At the end of the report was a summary page of all of the major discrepancies. Finally, Ed provided and with a very nice referral list to people who do various work that may need to be done on the home such as painters, HVAC repair companies, and roofing companies. This list is great! Well done Ed, Thank you!

Description of Work
Needed a buyer home inspection before the purchase of a new home.

07/24/2017

Maisie M.

Very well the report had a lot of description and photos and level of need to repair

Description of Work
Needed pre-sale home inspection and it was done very professionally. Would hire again

07/17/2017

Nigus T.

Ed did a thorough inspection and took the time to explain observed and potential issues. He sent a comprehensive report the next day. He did an excellent job I will definitely work with him again. Nigus

Description of Work
Home Inspection

04/09/2017

Giuseppe M.

We used Ed's services twice, and we would recommend him to anyone without hesitation. His attention to detail, thoroughness and honesty are exceptional. He tells it like it is, his final report is beautifully formatted and easy to read, and he goes above and beyond to include a wealth of information that would normally be very tedious to acquire. The first time around, due to the outcomes of the inspection, we were forced to rescind the offer, and we are very happy with that decision: Ed helped us stay away from what would have been a very troublesome and flawed home to own. After the inspections we have always been able to get in touch with him to ask questions and opinions, which he addressed with extreme grace and patience. We are still incredulous about how much value (for the money) Ed's services have provided us, and we are happy to have chosen us as our inspector.

Description of Work
two home inspections

11/14/2016

Andy L.

Very impressed. New home construction project where the PMs are so busy, they can't possibly review the work of every sub contractor. I had a list of 5 things I thought needed to be addressed, but decided to call in AHI for a sanity check. He found pages of issues. I sent the report off to the prime contractor, who was shocked and, after review, said this is all valid and that they would address 90% of the issues (the rest being out of scope). Honestly, this inspection paid for itself 10 times over, and frankly I went with a decent builder who has high ratings and also with whom I have a good relationship. So if you hate your builder, this might be even more useful. AHI were really helpful throughout and answered follow questions.

Description of Work
End of builders warranty inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for choosing Atlas Home Inspection. Please don't hesitate to contact us if you ever have any questions.

Dianne Hansen

Consistent Super Service Award winner. Local Real Estate Expertise. Specializing in Fairfax County. Professional Assistance for all your Buying and Selling Real Estate needs. Free Comparative Market Analysis (CMA), insight to the current market and best strategies for a smooth transaction. See article published by Angie's List: http://www.angieslist.com/articles/5-tips-easy-home-closing.htm. If you're looking to move out of state, let us help you find an experienced agent to make your transition a good one! Please call or email if you are interested in buying or selling a home in the Northern Virginia area. Honest, ethical and responsive service to help you buy or sell a home. Whether you're a first time buyer or experienced homeowner, we would be happy to guide you through the newest housing requirements as smoothly as possible. I have more than 15 years experience in Northern VA real estate and look forward to working with you to meet your goals. I don't just sell houses, I help you get where you want to be - Start to finish management of Trusts/Estates. Hand us the keys and tell us your budget, we will take care of all the details and sell your home for the maximum price. Trustworthy representation for out of state families. - New home buyers expertise, learn how to negotiate with the builders - How to market your home with the best pictures, presentation and timing - Buy your next home with a strategy that will make your move as smooth as possible 703-819-7779 Dianne.Hansen@penfedrealty.com

Keller Williams - Tim Pierson Home Sales Team

Real Estate consulting and sales services including helping buyers, sellers, investors, builders, estates, downsizing, upscaling in all matters related to buying and selling real estate. Our mission is to help people use real estate to achieve their long-term personal and financial goals. We work to make sure your best interests are represented when buying or selling your home to help you get further faster in life.

All United Locksmith

Whether you are seeking emergency services such as car lockout,house lockout,and postal lock installation or standard order services such as re keying of locks or lock installation, we will deliver services using top technical skills at the most reasonable price. Whichever your needs may be, automotive, residential, or commercial, All United Locksmith will deliver the solution. Our goal is to make you feel secure.

Home Inspections, Radon Testing, Consultation. Interior, Exterior, Roofing, Insulation, Ventilation, Structure, Electrical, Plumbing, HVAC, Appliances...

Repairs, advice on purchase.