Ace Deck & Fence

Founded 2008 • With Angi since January 2011

4150 N Fairfax Dr

Arlington, VA 22203

Welcome to the original Ace Deck & Fence. We are a Virginia based deck and fence and patio builder servicing Northern Virginia, Maryland, and Washington, DC. We are focused on providing our customers with the professional service they deserve and the quality craftsmanship that is expected from an "A" rated company. The experience, knowledge, and creativity of our sales team allows us to help our customers with choosing the right deck or fence style for their home and working with them to pick the right materials and colors of materials to compliment their home and yard. Ace Deck & Fence is your designer and contractor wrapped into one which allows our customers to have a smoother experience from start to finish. With in house CAD design, we are able to create blue prints to handle all permits for custom deck and fence projects. Ace Deck & Fence looks forward to hearing from you and discussing your project. $1,500 minimum project price VA & MD and $2,000 minimum project price Washington, DC....

04/23/2021

Lauren G.

Hernan and his crew at Ace, Deck, & Fence (AD&F, LLC) built me a gorgeous fence and under-deck screen porch. They were meticulous, thoughtful, skilled, professional, and efficient in their work. On top of that, Hernan is simply enjoyable to work with. My yard/project had a number of challenges to solve, and he solved each of them with enthusiasm and creativity. It is crystal clear he takes immense pride in what he creates. Their quote wasn’t the cheapest I received (also not the most expensive), but the quality output and seamlessness of the process is worth the price, without a doubt. I would strongly recommend Hernan and Ace, Deck, & Fence to friends, family, neighbors, even co-workers, in a heartbeat. In fact, I already have. (I note that it seems like there is another company with a similar name who does work far inferior to Hernan and team. Be sure to go with the Ace, Deck & Fence (AD&F LLC) in Virginia and speak to Hernan!)

Description of Work
Fence build, under-deck screen porch build, existing deck repair

Category contractors, decks, fencing, deck cleaning, woodworking, patios

03/18/2021

Ben B.

Excellent work installing a ramp and deck at our home.

Description of Work
Deck & ramp

03/18/2021

Ayanna B.

This company was fantastic. They were fast, professional and responsive. I plan to hire them again for my deck project

Description of Work
Fence

12/30/2019

David F.

We had a small (3' x 3') balcony off the back of our Capitol Hill (DC) row home. The wood was rotting and failing anchors were leaking water into our walls. Ace was a competitive price and workmanship was excellent. They also rebuilt the balcony in a way that minimized the number of attachment points to prevent future leaking. Responsive, permitted, and on budget. I highly recommend them for projects requiring structural integrity. Note: Ace did not do masonry repairs, but they added two weeks into the schedule between removing the old balcony and rebuilding it to let another vendor fix old holes.

Description of Work
Rebuild small 2nd floor balcony

Category decks, deck cleaning

07/07/2019

Cornelius K.

ADF quickly and professionally replaced our existing but deteriorating fence. We have previously used ADF to install a fence, build a patio, and build a deck and will use them again to build a patio in our new property.

Description of Work
Fence removal and replacement

05/28/2019

Taylor H.

We hired Ace Deck and Fence to construct a vinyl fence and automatic gate for the front of our property in 2018. We were extremely pleased with the work, professionalism of all members of the company and the finished product. Recently, our fence was damaged by our landscapers and we consulted Ace on how to go about fixing the problem. They immediately came out to the property and repaired the damage free of charge. The repair is so clean, we can't even tell where the holes once were. I would recommend Ace Deck and Fence without hesitation as they have proven to be a solid, reputable company with top-notch customer service. We will continue to be long-time, loyal customers!

Description of Work
Fence and Gate Installation and Repair

Category electrician, fencing, driveway gates

04/26/2019

Jan R.

Personnel from AD&F replaced flooring, railings, and balusters on an upstairs deck at my home in Arlington. I was happy with most of the work but over time I realized water was leaking through the deck and in some instances into my home. I called AD&F and the employee who came (Herman?) was professional and courteous. He came several times to try to resolve the issue and communicated thoroughly with me through out. There were structural issues with the porch that made it unusually hard to work with but he worked extremely hard to make the porch watertight and prevent further damage. I am extremely satisfied with his work and highly recommend AD&F.

Description of Work
Replace decking, balusters, and railings on porch

01/31/2019

Pamela N.

Top Rating!! Work was carefully planned and built; all correct measurements. Fits beautifully. did all the needed permitting, including DC historic district approvals. Did the work in one day, and a cold, miserable day at that. Acceptable clean-up (might have been a little better). previously ACE had built a deck for us with some engineering challenges which they really handled well. So we went back to them to propose this project. Their price was very good (one cheaper) but the service was great and the permitting issues properly addressed. Absolutely would use again!! Even the office staff, Angelika, was super to deal with. We're really happy with the work.

Description of Work
built a fence and gate, replacing old fence

Category contractors, decks, fencing, doors, driveway gates

11/21/2018

PHILIP T.

I scheduled an appointment for an estimate from 8 to 10 AM on Oct 17th. They never showed. I received an e-mail at 10:44 from the estimator that he was in the ER night before. I completely understood. I e-mailed back on October 18th inquiring about them coming out on October 26th. I didn't hear anything back until November 11th when the office e-mailed me (and copied the estimator) stating the estimator was out of work until November 11th and he would respond to me directly. It's November 21st and I still haven't heard anything. I guess business for them is very good because they certainly don't want my business. As a customer, I understand things happen. Just let me know and don't waste my time. It's unprofessional and insulting. I will never give them any business.

Description of Work
Install new decking on existing deck

10/29/2018

Anita G.

Great service from this company. I appreciated they were willing to take on my job; other companies I initially reached out to said the job was too small. Ali Farzard met with me, helped me to design the deck, he has a great eye for design and his color choices were perfect. I rehired Ace to install an Iron Fence and will look to rehire Ace in the future for any similar type of work. A great local company, highly professional and great customer service.

Description of Work
Build a 64ft sq ft deck from second floor with walk down and install an iron fence

Category decks, fencing

10/16/2018

Robert R.

I acquired estimates from more than 7 different companies and decided on Ace because of their previous work shown in their photo gallery (especially from a Hill row house perspective), pricing, and responsiveness. We were delighted by the outcome! They provided a very reasonable timeframe compared to other companies. Ace finished within their promised window. They came to our home to discuss things and dropped off samples while we were at the office; some deck design companies made us go to their showroom in faraway MD and it felt more like a car sales pitch. The Ace deck came with quality materials, beautiful lighting, and modern details. We also had to manage some of the project while out of the country, and Ace was sure to send pictures and updates. Our neighbors loved the finished product too and asked for the referral. We couldn't be happier!

Description of Work
Elevated deck and stairs on row house

10/04/2018

Adam B.

We hired Ace for a second time to install stone stairs and landing in front of our home, after they did a truly amazing job removing our old deck and installing a new one. As far as professionalism, quality, price, customer service, and ultimate responsiveness, you will NEVER find another company-- of any kind-- that will come close to Ace. They are truly top notch. For this particular project they were a little slower to respond to us than the first time around, but then again it was a particularly busy time of year so we don't fault them that. In sum, we absolutely positively will hire them again for any future project for our home.

Description of Work
Stone stairs/entry in front of home

Category decks, masonry, hardscaping, patios

10/04/2018

Dave B.

It was very easy working with ACE. We coordinated with our neighbor that had worked with the team on a previous project. While they were on the project site, Hernan was available to help work through some scope change and did it in a very timely manner. We moved shortly after they finished the work and immediately called Hernan and Angelika again to help with a fence at our new home.

Description of Work
Fence replacement

10/03/2018

Jennifer M.

Working with Ace Deck and Fence went very smoothly. It started with getting a bid for the deck. Ace did a thorough job of understanding what I wanted and proceeded to take careful measurements of my balcony and drew a picture of the deck I proposed (unlike any of the other companies I contacted for bids). The price came in at the midpoint of all of my deck bids. It took Ace three days to complete the job. The first day Hernan, the chief contractor, came and took additional, detailed measurements. The second day, all of the materials were delivered to my condo (which they had to haul up eight flights of stairs because there is no elevator). And the third day, the deck was built and installed. The materials and the craftsmanship are superior. The measurements were so precise that there are no spaces around the perimeter of the deck or between the deck boards where debris can fall through. A couple of weeks after my deck was built, I noticed that the deck boards were uneven and bowing upward. Hernan came to inspect the problem and discovered that one of the joists had warped. Hernan proceeded to remove all of the deck boards, sanded down the joist to make it level, and replaced all of the deck boards. This took him approximately four hours to complete on a Friday afternoon and evening, which he did in the pouring rain! His service and dedication were exemplary! I wish every contractor I worked with were as professional as him and the rest of the Ace team!

Description of Work
A small deck on my balcony

Thomas S.

We were abroad on vacation when the person watching our house let us know that a neighbor had driven into our fence, knocking out a portion. We called Ace Deck & Fence, as they had built the fence originally, and despite the call coming during some of the miserable storms in the DMV during the time, they were able to send out someone to take a look and assess the damage. Not only did they come out to check, but they were able to put it back together in that one trip. Allowing out dogs to return to the yard while we were on vacation. AD&F was exceptionally courteous on the phone, very sympathetic to the time-zone differences and able to work with us. It was a cheap and quick fix. Overall, I can't say enough how great an experience it was.

Description of Work
While on vacation someone drove through our wooden privacy fence knocking out a panel.

Elizabeth H.

After the patio was installed I had a sewer issue (house is old) and we needed to tear up part of the new patio to get to the sewer pipes - yes, bad timing. ADF was incredibly helpful and brainstormed with me and the plumbers the best way to do it to avoid total disruption. All the people who worked on the patio, deck, stairs, and railing were professional, hardworking, and always left the area clean before leaving the property.

Description of Work
Flagstone patio, deck with iron railings, two sets of stairs

Category decks, wrought iron, patios

Lynn I.

Work was done promptly with care taken to minimize harm to nearby plants. Finished product looks great. All debris was removed the same day and site left clean.

Description of Work
Remove and replace old fence with new wood fence

Joshua H.

Everything went great. This is the third time I’ve hired Ace and will do so for future projects.

Description of Work
Underdecking

Kenneth G.

Went really well - hired them for a second job. Highly recommend

Description of Work
Fencing for yard

08/20/2018

Janice S.

They did not schedule my work. They do not answer the phone. They do not call back. They only deal with text messages. Is this a real business?

Description of Work
I had some gate repairs needed on a fence they installed

Category fencing

1. We called this customer back shortly after she called that same morning on Wednesday the 15th. The customer was asked to send us an email with the details of her repair since everyone in the office was on the field. The conversation had been transferred to one of our representatives' cellphones while she was running permits, and the information received could not be processed at that particular moment. The customer said she didn't use her email and the customer herself proposed to use texting instead. 2. These gates were installed by our company in 2014. We did not scheduled her work because first we needed to verify the thickness and the current conditions of the gates. The customer wanted us to install magnetic locks, for which depending on the position of the existing gates, may not even be able to be installed in a standard way. Last year we performed an adjustment on the gates that were installed by us, again, back on 2014. The person who performed the adjustment was on vacations when the customer called, so we had to schedule a supervisor to stop by to do the assessment. Unfortunately, the soonest we could send a supervisor to her area was the following week. 3. The office called the customer on Tuesday the 21st to inform the conditions in which the supervisor needed to do the assessment this week, and unfortunately the customer decided not to take our services.

07/15/2018

Mary C.

The initial meeting on April 1, 2018 went very well. I liked the person immediately and believed we would work well together. That same day I was sent a proposal which I felt was fair. A 50% deposit was required with signing of agreement which I sent on April 2. By April 17 I still had not heard anything from them regarding the project and decided to contact my bank to see if the check had cleared. It did clear on April 9. So I sent an email and mentioned that my check had cleared and hoped they would start the project soon. I received an email that day stating they would check their schedule and get back to me. After 24 hours, I still had not heard a word from them, so I contacted them again and stated my concern as to when the project would be starting since my check had cleared nines days prior. I received a litany of reasons why they didn't get back to me sooner. Bottom line, they were too busy. It wouldn't have hurt for them just say so. The response to me was quite snarky. Since they had over a couple thousand dollars of my money I decided to let the snarky comment slide. We finally decided on a date of May 1 to begin, or so I thought. At 9PM on April 30, I received an email telling me my project would start on May 3. So, I went along with that. They arrived and did a very fine job on that day. In order to replace the wood on the deck floor we needed to move my deck furniture (cast iron) into the kitchen area. There it stayed for almost two weeks, until I and my 71 year old husband moved the furniture back onto the deck, as at this point, they still hadn't come back to complete the project, nor was there any correspondence from them as to when they would be returning. Around May 15, they came back to work on Phase 2. I then received an email telling me that they would come back to clean up and to leave the balance in a baggy under my welcome mat and they would pick it up. I wrote back and said I didn't understand the clean up phase as there was still work to be done including replacing part of the fence that we had agreed on that needed replacing and replacing bricks that they removed. I also said that I would not be putting a check under the mat. Rather, I will hand them the check after the project is complete so that I have a chance to discuss it face to face with them. Sometime between June 10 and June 15 the project was complete. I was out of town, so I don't know the exact date. The clean up was excellent! But, one of new the 2 X 4's on the fence is shabbily nailed in and the wood on top of the deck is splitting across the entire length and has a good size gap where the corners meet. It wasn't until my meeting on June 27, 2018 (details below) that I was told nothing could be done as that's what wood does. But the wood has been in place less than three months! Once the project was "completed" we discussed two possible dates for them to come over to discuss the project and to pick up the check. I asked for a window of time as to when they would arrive. They never responded. They never arrived on either date and there was no explanation from them on their absence. Finally, on June 27, 2018 almost two months after the project began, I was able to personally once again meet with the deck representative to express my lingering concerns regarding the project and to pay the balance of the invoice.

Description of Work
deck and fence repair for a basic 8 X 14 deck and some new 2 X 4's and new fence door and posts.

Category fencing, deck cleaning

05/01/2018

Andrew S.

We wanted our existing deck replaced with Timbertech. Ali was great from the beginning, had great ideas for color choices and the masonry work. Our deck is an odd shape - approx. 600 sq feet, curved on one side. It looks awesome, the cuts are amazing. Very happy with the craftsmanship. Would definitely hire again!

Description of Work
Replacement of deck and masonry work

Category decks, masonry, deck cleaning, woodworking

09/29/2017

Adam B.

It's easy to talk about my experience with Ace Deck & Fence because it was truly excellent from start to finish. Angelika provided prompt and helpful responses to our inquiries even before we had hired Ace. Hernan provided a thorough estimate, promptly responded to our email questions, and he even met with me again to go over the estimate in person. The team that removed our current deck and built the new one was efficient, courteous, and professional. Each and every day they cleaned up the site... in fact, some days the only way I knew for sure they had even been there was because the deck was more fully built than it had been that same morning! Unfortunately, these days it is often very hard to find a company that is responsive, affordable, customer-centered, professional, and quality in their service delivery. Ace is ALL of these qualities and more. I have never written a review on Angie's List before (though I am a frequent user of the site) but I felt compelled to share the five-star experience I had with Ace. I give the highest of accolades and a glowing recommendation for working with them!

Description of Work
Removal of existing wood deck; construction of new wood/composite hybrid deck

09/12/2017

Jonathan N.

They installed the fence quickly, but it was still well done.

Description of Work
The installed a fence around my house.

08/10/2017

Barbra H.

They did an excellent job with everything. The gate took longer than I wanted, but the end result was a well-built, solid and good-looking gate! Ali was and has been very responsive. I enjoyed working with him and Ace. I would hire them again!

Description of Work
Ace Deck installed a new patio and parking spot in my back yard including a banging new gate that worked for the narrow alley leading to the new parking spot. They also laid wiring for lighting and a charging station for the Tesla I don't own yet.

Category electrician, hardscaping, driveway gates, patios

Drainage and Erosion Solutions

Drainage & Erosion Solutions (DES) is an award-winning company that provides assessment and repair of all drainage and erosion problems for residential and commercial properties. We are a design-build firm, with both engineering and contracting divisions; offering aesthetically pleasing and professionally engineered solutions to drainage and erosion problems. Our team members are year-round, full-time employees with a strong reputation for technical knowledge, attention to detail, great customer service and general excellence. All DES consultations, assessments, and installations are performed by a licensed professional soils engineer, or landscape and drainage systems designer. These professionals have several decades of combined design and contracting experience. Clients like working with us - much of our business comes from referrals and from our top rankings among the most popular contractor ratings services .

VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC

VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions will solve your drainage or landscape problems. Now is the best time to take the first step, contact VM Drainage & Erosion Solutions about our practical and permanent drainage and erosion solutions. We are also experts in house cleaning, lawn/yard care, and tree service. We offer good prices for everyone and we are very flexible with what we do. We are proud to offer one of the best warranties in the Virginia, Maryland and Washington Area because our goal as a company is to perform the best quality work, we enjoy providing our customers with a trustworthy and transparent warranty that sets a high standard among other competitors and confidently represents the faith put in our work.

Offers by VM Drainage & Erosion Solution LLC on Angi
    A A Action Waterproofing Inc

AA Action offers permanent solutions to fix your leaky, moldy or flooded basement or crawlspace. Call AA Action Waterproofing, Inc to schedule your Professional Foundation Inspection 888-922-5517. What our inspection will involve is a very thorough examination of the foundation inside and out. We will explain why your foundation is leaking and what we can do to fix it permanently and provide a written estimate. This service is FREE of charge as long as we are meeting with the homeowner. We have over 30 years of experience helping homeowners in Maryland, Washington DC and Northern Virginia. We offer lifetime warranty's that are recognized and accepted as proof of a dry basement by FHA, VA, conventional lenders, and real estate professionals. Our warranty is also transferable should you sell your home. Interest Free Financing available with approved credit. We look forward to working with you.

Offers by A A Action Waterproofing Inc on Angi
    Check, MasterCard, Visa, American Express, PayPal, Discover

Wood & PVC & Composite, Custom Decks, Stairs & Railings, Wood, Vinyl, Steel, Aluminum, Metal, Picket, Cedar & Chain link fences, Automated & Electric gates, Patios, Patio Pavers, Stone Work, Remodeling & Home Improvements.