A GUY WITH TOOLS

Founded 2006 • With Angi since July 2007

2249 MADISON ST

Arlington, VA 22205

OWNER OPERATED. USES SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. NO TRAVEL CHARGES....

07/03/2014

Brian K.

Every repair was completed timely and satisfactorly

Description of Work
Household repairs

Category electrician

01/02/2014

jay K.

See Above - the only suggestion is that they get a PayPal account for electronic payments.

Description of Work
Tree limbs punctured the roof of my house less than 24 hours before closing the sale of my home. It would have been weeks before anyone else could of come to my property because of widespread ice storm damage - Pat was there within an hour of me calling him. The work was completed on time and on budget.

Category electrician, roofing

05/17/2012

Neil S.

He does very good handyman service. He is very thorough. He keeps us up to date. He cleaned up before he left. He always seems to get the job done. It was very satisfactory.

Description of Work
We had some electrical work that needed to be done and A Guy with Tools did that for us. We had a display that was put in that was given to us by one of our companies that didn't work, and he came in put it back together and made it work. He did a lot of work. He has done some work at our house too.

Category electrician, handyman service

09/09/2009

Lisa M.

Not sure if this guy is still in business or not. Called the number, requesting to have an estimate for a repair on a sub floor in a bathroom. This person never called me back.

Description of Work
called to inquire about getting a quote on repairs

Category flooring contractor

08/05/2008

ann P.

The price listed is for a days worth of work. He made this house look like a million bucks, he did a perfect job! He does great work, I use him all the time.

Description of Work
I have a rental home that needed to be fixed up for the next tenant. He adjusted the doors and changed locks. He painted and fixed walls. He hung rods that were down.

Category home remodeling

06/22/2008

Al G.

It went really well. He was able to fit me in sooner than the competing bids and had it done in the same morning he started. He came in with an assistant and I was able to leave for a little while, while he worked and when I got back I could see that he did a solid job. He could not be nicer and I think the fact that I live in North Arlington made it that much easier. I asked him for estimates on two other jobs I need to have done and he was willing to give me some free advice on another job I am working on myself. I give him a very high rating and I'm glad I found him here on Angie's List.

Description of Work
I was in the middle of a kitchen renovation and when they pulled up the tile under the fridge it turned out that the sub floor was rotten and had to be replaced. I got three other estimates and Pat's came in hundreds under the others. He cut out the old wooden sub flooring, replaced the area in question and made sure that the rot had not spread further. He also glued down the replacement subfloor to prevent creaking.

Category flooring contractor

07/19/2007

ann P.

I went to a home improvement store and picked out my cabinets and appliances and granite countertops. I also gave them a layout of how I wanted my kitchen to look and since I'm picky...I also chose where and which type of cabinet I wanted in the kitchen. They basically did everything else. The thing that I loved about them was they were ON TIME and AHEAD of schedule. When problems came up, they gave me good suggestions on how to fix. Since I was living in the house it was important to me that the area remain as clean as possible, which they cleaned up better than I do. It's just two guys, the owner and his helper, but they're fast, efficient, competent. They were not the cheapest guys. And being someone who can't do this kind of work, I felt very comfortable with what he told me.

Description of Work
They gutted my kitchen and replaced all new cabinets and appliances, added under-cabinet lights and ceramic tile on the floor and backsplash. This also required the relocation of a main waste line pipe and replacement of some of the old plaster ceiling/walls with drywall. I also had just a toilet sticking out in my basement with nothing around it, so I had them build me a bath to go around it :)

Category ceramic tile, drywall, flooring contractor, lighting, woodworking, home remodeling, doors

Carlos Camayo

The Doctor House, Handyman, we can do almost everything, using good materials, no job is to small if we can't do we have a business partners and we can help you with your Home Improvement or your HONEY DO LIST.

LA & Brothers Inc

LA & Brothers Inc is a painting and remodeling company that has been servicing the DMV for over 25 years.

Daniel & Sons Services

Daniel & Sons Services is a locally owned and operated company with over 14 years of business experience. We’re the smartest and fastest handyman service in the Falls Church area because of our wide range of services offered at very competitive rates. We’re quick at fixing your problems while handling each project with great care. We specialize in paint and stain projects, replacing water heaters and pumps, drywall repair, and small remodeling projects. We’re proud to use products and equipment by the Sherwin-Williams Company and gladly service Falls Church, Arlington, McLean, Merrifield, Springfield, Vienna, Alexandria, Fairfax, Manassas, and more. Contact us today if you want a professional job done at an affordable cost! Hours of operation listed below excludes holidays and increment weather.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express