A Cleaning Service

Founded 1985 • With Angi since May 2009

2912 17 St S Apt 204

Arlington, VA 22204

A Cleaning Service provides residential, commercial, and janitorial cleaning services, and has been serving the cleaning needs of Washington, DC, Virginia and Maryland since 1985. With a strong reputation for thoroughness, A Cleaning Service provides the highest quality of professional cleaning and

08/06/2019

Lynn W.

Selma and Renata are a great team. I have been looking awhile for conscientious, reliable and thorough house cleaners. We have a big house, 3 pets and often have visitors. I am a perfectionist when it comes to keeping my house clean so I was happy to find Selma and Renata at A Cleaning Service! They clean and sanitize 5 bathrooms, vacuum the carpets and rugs, vacuum and mop the tile in the kitchen, breakfast room and laundry room and vacuum and mop the hard wood floors. They polish all the furniture, clean/dust all the blinds, window sills (for over 40 windows) and dust the lower walls and ceiling fans. They windex the glass top tables. They put new sheets on the bed and even fold the throw blankets and arrange the pillows prettily on the sofas. They dust the wall hangings. The kitchen is sparkling when they leave. If I ask for anything special, they always oblige. There's more but I think you get the idea!

Description of Work
They cleaned my whole house really well.

05/18/2019

Shauna H.

Do NOT look any further for the best, most reasonable cleaning service in the DC area!! Trust me --i did a lot of research! We have been with this company for about seven years and have never once been anything less than amazed with it's quality of work. They do not miss a detail. We moved from a townhouse to a single family home farther out. I fully expected Beatriz to use the opportunity to finally start charging us rates comparable to other companies. Nope. Still a great deal and wow!! The team did a deep clean that made the new house feel like home. We have used A Cleaning Service for special clean out as well (hello gross fridge). The team never disappoints. Did I mention they are also super pet friendly? Cat litter and fur is gone-people say they don't realize I even have pets. And Beatriz is always flexible if I need to move around dates for a clean for some reason. Like Mom coming into town. I'd give 100 stars if I could. Best company ever. My husband and I look forward to coming home to clean house every Monday. It strengthens our marriage and makes us happy;)

Description of Work
Routine house cleaning

10/26/2018

Larry L.

Same crew provided exceptional services bi-weekly. They have been our best business team over the years and always give the very best cleaning services.

Description of Work
Routinely provide professional housekeeping services at our home.

Category blind cleaning, house cleaning, floor cleaning

11/30/2017

Larry L.

The same team continues to clean my home as they have for several years now. These women are like family now and continue to be professional housekeepers who maintain the utmost positive demeanor. Their honesty and integrity as well as their work ethic are exceptional.

Description of Work
Our home is cleaned from top to bottom. What I like to call "deep cleaning" from top to bottom. Window blinds and curtains, upholstered furniture, lamps and tables, chairs, cabinets along with carpeting, wood floors and ceramic tile. Bathrooms are sparkling clean from the tub to the vanity. Even the laundry room is clean with no evidence of dust.

08/26/2017

ian W.

Perfect. High quality at a great price.

Description of Work
Regular house cleaning

06/08/2017

Erin C.

Great. Company was responsive and they have the same team come to your house if you do the recurring service.

Description of Work
House cleaning for 4 bedroom 2.5 bathroom house.

05/01/2017

Ed M.

One word, AWESOME! Louisa is absolutely phenomenal. She is prompt, gets the work complete in a timely manner with excellent results. She always amazes me how one person can clean the house in the time that she does with such high quality. Best monthly expenditure.

Description of Work
house cleaning bi-weekly

04/04/2017

Katie Q.

Wow. That was my first thing I said after seeing the results. They did an OUTSTANDING job and did the job efficiently. They showed up when they said they would, brought everything they needed, worked extremely efficiently, and followed up on the job immediately after leaving. Not only are they very affordable, but the level of professionalism and quality of work is excellent. I am very satisfied! I would highly recommend them to anyone looking for housecleaning and has not had luck finding a good team. I have since asked them to come every two weeks and will keep looking forward to coming home to a clean house that smells fresh and looks spotless. Thank you for your great service!

Description of Work
I asked them to clean the main level of my home, upstairs master bedroom, and all bathrooms.

03/21/2017

Michelle T.

The price varies according to the size of your house. My results remain the same for whatever month. I use them every single month. I keep calling them because they're doing a good job and they keep doing it every month. They're quick. I have no comparison for the price.

Description of Work
They did housecleaning.

02/20/2017

Connie M.

Excellent service, flexible, reliable, skilled.

Description of Work
Regular weekly cleaning

12/04/2016

Larry L.

Quality work and exceptional professionalism. The staff clean from top to bottom and rarely miss a thing. Spotless cleaning makes the home smell fresh and clean. Brings a smile every time I come home and walk in the door anticipating the rush.

Description of Work
A Cleaning Service continues to provide the very best housekeeping services. I have the same workers that started years ago. They are more like family than employees who treat the service as if it were their own.

09/19/2016

Antonio D.

it went great. they showed up on time and cleaned everything. they were very professional!!

Description of Work
move out cleaning

07/16/2016

Jennifer J.

We needed a specific time so that my BF could let them in to our secured building. The house cleaner showed up precisely at the agreed time (and has for all cleanings since). They are very responsive to emails about any questions. The house cleanings have been very thorough and the price is right for us to do it 2x per month. We have been so pleased with all aspects this service!!

Description of Work
Regular housecleaning for 735 sq ft condo.

06/05/2016

Randall M B.

They came and cleaned the house from the third floor to the first floor. Extra people were called in to do the job. They cleaned the bathroom and kitchen extremely well. They cleaning the place bi-weekly. We are happy.

Description of Work
Cleaned my Mom's home.

05/16/2016

Sharen M.

Leah's team was very trustworthy. They cleaned while I was out on vacation. The owner was always helpful and worked with rescheduling dates etc. Once I moved, there was one last clean. The new owner said there was not a spec of dust left.

Description of Work
Cleaned entire house for four years.

03/15/2016

Kristine N.

A Cleaning Service did a great job! It's rare for me to write reviews unless I feel someone went above and beyond to provide me exceptional service and a cleaning service did that. I was looking for a cleaning service that would pay attention to detail and be able to get out tough stains. I needed someone who would be careful on hardwood floors and know how to treat carpets. I recently moved out of an apartment of a brand new building. I was the first tenant so they were expecting the apartment to look the same as when it was rented to me. The building even left me a list of what my cleaning charges could look like and it was really expensive. I have 2 dogs, a cat and two birds and all animals had left behind a big mess. I'm a horrible cook so you can only imagine what the stove top and oven looked like. I had mud stains throughout each room and feathers from my birds in hard to reach areas. After reading many reviews and comparing prices, I decided to go with a cleaning service. They were super easy to schedule, on time and fast. They did an amazing job. You would have never been able to tell someone lived there, especially all the animals!. I would recommend their service to anyone.

Description of Work
Move out cleaning.

01/17/2016

Rolland G.

great price, but quality was inconsistent.

Description of Work
bi weekly hosue cleaning

Category house cleaning

Hello [Member Name Removed], I think you may have confused my company with another. My records show that we have not cleaned your home since April 2014. I also show that you stated you were pleased with the service at that time. Please check your records. Best, A Cleaning Service

01/16/2016

Kathryn G.

I have been using this service for a few months now. Cleaning is thorough and everything is in its place when I get home.

Description of Work
House cleaning every other week

12/22/2015

Larry L.

As usual, they performed magnificently. I have been provided the same crew for years and have been pleasantly surprised at the longevity of the staff since housekeeping generally has a very high turn over rate. I am always very satisfied with their quality of work and attention to detail. I highly recommend A Cleaning Service for your housekeeping needs.

Description of Work
Deep cleaned my home for the upcoming holiday season. This included high dusting, base boards, kitchen appliances, windows and wall hangings. They also vacuumed carpeting and used attachments to vacuum draperies, window ledges and floor edging. They damp mopped the tile floors and thoroughly cleaned the bathrooms from top to bottom.

07/16/2015

Jeff G.

I really like the young lady who cleans my condo. She does a wonderful job (and I'm a tough customer). She's reliable and the price is MUCH lower than the competition. I'm going to continue using these folks for a long time.

Description of Work
Clean my 1-bedroom condo (about 800 sq. ft.).

07/13/2015

William M.

The two member crew showed up at the scheduled time and worked through the day. They were not bothered my dogs (in crates)

Description of Work
Cleaned my 4 bedroom, 3.5 bath town house.

Category house cleaning

Hello Member, My company did not clean your house and I would never charge $400 for a 4 bedroom house. Please check your records and remove this review . Thank you. Beatriz Sampaio

07/11/2015

Rachel S.

Two very nice ladies come once a month and do a great job. They are friendly, efficient, accommodating and professional. I requested they be the regular crew for me. It's so nice to get the house cleaned the way you want.

Description of Work
Complete housecleaning.

05/05/2015

Ramaswamy M.

A Cleaning Service has been cleaning our condo for approximately 6 months now. Although I have never met the owner of the company who is also the coordinator of service, the core of the cleaning crew remains the same from week-to-week. They have done a quality job and have been flexible with working around us while we are home. They are responsive to suggestions for additional spots that need cleaning attention and with a crew of 3 they are pretty quick. We have a regular time slot, but it can vary plus/minus 90 minutes or so depending on how their day and workload is going. This is not ideal, but the owner/coordinator does keep us apprised re text messages as to when we can expect them. They bring all cleaning supplies as well as a vacuum cleaner and remove all cleaning waste as well as the trash from our trash receptacles when they leave. We will continue to use A Cleaning Service and recommend them to others.

Description of Work
Cleaned 2-bedroom, 2.5 bath condo in Falls Church

05/04/2015

Jameelah L.

There are not enough words to express how pleased I am with "A Cleaning Service" Layara was beyond thorough and my house looks AMAZING!!!!My son said he could eat off the floor and my husband was amazed at how clean the bathrooms were. When I came home from work I was able to breathe. My house was CLEAN!! The price is right and the service is stellar! I am sooooooooo happy I have hired them for every week. I will be telling EVERYONE I know about "A Cleaning Service"

Description of Work
Housekeeping

03/18/2015

Sharen M.

My husband and I have employed "A Cleaning Service" since approximately November, 2012. The first time I spoke to Beatriz, the owner, she was so professional and pleasant. She answered all of my questions about her business, the type of cleaning services her company provided and the price. She has continued to be the same professional and pleasant person each time I speak to her and if she is not available when I call she returns my call within an hour. She has always tried to help me when I have to change the schedule due to illness or vacations. We have had the same three ladies cleaning our house since November, 2012. That tells me that Beatriz is a great employer to have such loyal employees. It is great to have the same people here every two weeks, they know our house; where all of the cleaning supplies and vacuum are kept and they return them as they find them. They have been so friendly and my husband and I look forward to seeing them. They work so hard, they come in and start to work and finish in a timely manner and I have never been disappointed with their cleaning. They never use their cell phones while they are cleaning and that is very important to me. I highly recommend "A Cleaning Service" to my family and friends.

Description of Work
Thoroughly cleans our single family home every 2 weeks.

Ayoub Carpet Service

We make your carpet & rugs look like new again by offering the most thorough green-cleaning possible by our friendly and accommodating staff- saving you thousands of dollars in replacement and giving your home a breath of fresh air…removing harmful pollutants and contaminants.

Offers by Ayoub Carpet Service on Angi
    Ayoub N&H

For three generations we have specialized in carpet cleaning, rug cleaning, in-plant Oriental & area rug cleaning, carpet installation, and repair of your floor coverings. When you're in need of new carpeting, rugs, custom runners, or hardwood flooring be sure to stop by our showroom for a wide selection to choose from.

Offers by Ayoub N&H on Angi
    Smart Choice Cleaning Inc

Smart Choice Cleaning is a family-owned & operated residential and commercial cleaning company servicing the Northern Virginia area. Here at Smart Choice, we don't just offer one type of service but a multitude of services from carpet cleaning and grout cleaning to house cleaning and move-out cleaning. For house cleaning, we offer bi-weekly and monthly services with no binding contract required. We have over 25 employee's and we offer phone estimates as well as in-home estimates. Make the Smart Choice and call us today! (703) 455-1440. Award-winning. Service area covered: All of Northern Virginia area.

Award 2022
    Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Check

sweeping, mopping, vacuuming, interior glass and window sill cleaning, dusting all surface areas, trash removal and receptacle liner replacement, disinfecting bathroom and kitchen areas, stairways, spot cleaning walls and carpets. Eco Friendly, Pet Friendly Services, Maid Services, Commercial, janitorial & residential cleaning.

One time cleaning, move in/out