Solution Painting Inc

Founded 2003 • With Angi since January 2007

Super Service Award winner from 2007-2021! We are a professional painting contractor and home improvement serving Virginia, DC and the surrounding areas. Our company has been the leading painting service provider for the community for more than 20 years. Additional email -

2022 Super Service Award

Interior Painting 2020

interior painting

202022311
View project

interior painting (778)house painting (383)drywall (180)pressure washing (94)woodworking (84)handyman (83)wallpaper removal (58)plastering (42)deck cleaning (33)general contractors (30)decks & porches (27)door installation (25)

07/30/2022

jack S.

Solution Painting far exceeded my expectations. The extensive prep work of the 75 year old drywall and wood trim in my Arlington home made the rooms look like new! Wayne and his crew were always on time and very polite. And the price was the lowest of the three estimates I received. Hire Solution.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We're glad that you are satisfied and pleased with the work. We hope to work again with you in the future!

07/20/2022

Virginie D.

This is the second time I have used Solution Painting in 8 years and each time has been a breeze to work with them. I have been posted overseas for the past 12 years and my house has been rented since then. Therefore all my interactions with any contractor has to be exclusively either over the phone or by email. Their professionalism made the experience stress-free for me. They are super responsive, courteous, helpful and most importantly they do a fabulous repair and painting job. My tenant can be a little bit demanding and picky at times but she was very pleased with their service and their cleanliness. Solution Painting gets a well deserved 5 stars!!!

Description of Work
All exterior wood trimmings (all window and door frames & front door)

Work Completed On 06/16/2022

06/10/2022

Lloyd G.

Excellent, second time in 11 years Solution Painting had done a terrific job painting the entire exterior of my home in Vienna, VA. I would give them SIX stars if I could. Do not hesitate.

Description of Work
Paint Exterior of Single Family Home

Work Completed On 05/10/2022

11/18/2021

Teresa E.

They did a great job! Cleaned up after themselves very well everyday and I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Exterior painting

Category house painters

Work Completed On 08/01/2021

11/10/2021

Dominic S.

They did a superb job across the board. There were two workers, and both were highly skilled, and meticulous in their attention to detail. I couldn't be happier with the results.

Description of Work
They removed and replaced a section of rotted wood on a portion of a very large stationary window, and replaced four rotted window sills.

Category woodworking

Work Completed On 10/23/2021

09/02/2021

Jeanne H.

They did an excellent job! First, Daniel came to our home to learn what we needed done. He was very helpful with ideas about how to solve problems. We agreed on a price and a date to start. The team that worked at our home was very professional; they spent almost a day covering floors and furniture and preparing surfaces. They gave great attention to detail, were very courteous, and they cleaned up thoroughly each evening. I gladly recommend them and I will use them again. The only caveat I would add would be to spell out all of the details of the project in advance and in writing on the contract. It was sometimes harder to communicate small details directly with the painting team.

Description of Work
We had the entire first floor of our home and our 2nd floor master bedroom and dressing area repainted. We also needed paneling and wallpaper removed, and various drywall and molding repairs.

Category drywall, wallpaper removal, interior painters

Work Completed On 08/16/2021

07/13/2021

Phil L.

Service was excellent. They showed up on time and worked hard every day. The foreman discussed any potential issues with me before they worked on them. The results are beautiful. They were the most expensive of the three bids I got but they also proposed the most work. One item specifically was that they used oil-based primer on all areas before painting, not just the areas where wood was repaired/replaced. They also did extra work without charge to caulk the roof above an area where a soffit had rotted and repaint gutters when the old paint came off during washing. I would definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Repair and painting of exterior woodwork on house, garage doors, and shutters. Pressure washed concrete driveway, sidewalk, and patio.

Work Completed On 06/21/2021

06/08/2021

Barry R.

This is the third time I have used Solution Painting. The painted the first floor bath room, kitchen, Family room, dining room and living room. The foyer was a rich Navy blue. The changed wall colors going to the second floor and did the upstairs hall. When estimating the job, he looked at my recent cabinet refacing, done by another vendor, and he said he would paint the interior edging to improve the quality. Mario recommended changing all the brass fixtures on the doors to match the upgraded appliances. He cleaned up all the short cuts over the last 35 years: wall paper removal, ceiling patches for electrical work, and other sloppy jobs. The house looks great. His crew was polite, efficient and went the extra mile. When one of the doors didn’t work correctly, the task lead went to YouTube and enthusiastically fixed the problem. I highly recommend them for interior and exterior jobs. They go the extra mile, provide quality and value.

Description of Work
Third time - interior painting

Category contractors, house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 06/08/2021

06/01/2021

Carl U.

I am an out-of-state rental home owner who was not present during any of the work or the inspection to provide the quote. It was wonderful experience to work with Patricia who came on a Saturday to estimate the work and to coordinate the painting efforts. Even with a miscommunication between myself and the painters, Patricia had a crew back to the rental home within 12 hours to complete the project as contracted.

Description of Work
Rental Home with all interior walls and bedroom ceilings.

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

05/18/2021

Oleg A.

Very expansive, the owner told me he has very high liabilities. Quoted $2800 for painting walls in a 750 sq. ft. condo. I received 3 other quotes for the same job and this one was the highest by far. I wonder why his liabilities are so high, maybe this company has been sued a lot?

Description of Work
Interior painting 750 sq. ft. condo.

Work Completed On 05/18/2021

When a company has been sued it becomes a public record. I would like to invite you to search all you want about Solution Painting Inc. We have been in business for the past 18 years, and I have almost 30 years of experience in this trade. All my employees received training to work with pride and to treat a house as their own. People sometimes don't understand that doing a painting project represents a task that requires a lot of care with personal stuff, floors, light fixtures, mirrors, decorations, etc. This means that when we are around, we are responsible for any damages that accidentally could be caused... we are liable for any damage. Also, I want to give my point of view when it comes to saying that a job is "expensive" for painting "only walls''. Just for your information: it is even more difficult to paint "only areas". We have to be extra careful not to paint the other areas that will not be painted, we have to use more material to protect these areas, it takes more time. besides these things our company has an office, secretary, license, insurance, so our expenses are not only a "gallon of paint". I hope that this will make you understand how a company works and how much money we need to keep a company with the reputation we have. However, I wish you find the right contractor for your project based on your allowance. Thank you for your review, that gave me the opportunity to explain several things about "only walls". Best Regards, Mario Vega

05/17/2021

jackie G.

They were amazing, on time, very neat and professional. They stayed to the budget that were talked about not more or less and they were very detailed on their work.

Description of Work
Interior Painting.

Work Completed On 05/10/2021

05/13/2021

Gary S.

Very responsive and the onsite team really cared about the quality.

Description of Work
Removed popcorn ceiling and painted living, dining, and bedrooms.

Work Completed On 05/08/2021

04/21/2021

karen H.

Solution Painting Inc did an Awesome Job!!! If you need any painting done, please consider hiring Solution Painting Inc. I hired them to paint my Master bedroom, which had not been done in more than 20 years. They filled in dents and cracks in the walls, sanded, painted the ceiling and the walls, and put everything back as it should be. The most amazing part....there was not ONE drop of paint out of place! So meticulous and left everything every clean.

Description of Work
Master Bedroom Painting

Work Completed On 04/15/2021

Review for Solution Painting Inc - 3813 Kendale Rd, Annandale, VA - 39302415

02/05/2021

Kelly M.

While we are generally satisfied with the fresh look of the newly painted surfaces, not much care was taken with the fence staining. The fence is old so we expected some uneven stain, but several interior borders were missed and there are boards with stain runs and drips which looks sloppy. In addition, paint dripped onto our siding when the back shutters were being painted, and wasn't cleaned off. Scraping and painting the iron railing on the front steps takes a lot of work, and we were going to do it ourselves, but were assured by Solution that they would do a thorough job with scraping, priming, and painting. However, within 5 months, the paint was already chipping off, and we're going to have to do it ourselves anyhow. We were less satisfied with the project management and communication from the company regarding the project. We got a quick estimate visit (we accepted the same day and provided paint and stain colors 2 days later) and assurance that we would be contacted with the start date within a few days. I emailed Solution after 3 weeks of no communication from them and was promptly given some date options, leaving me to wonder when we would have eventually been contacted. We scheduled date 2 weeks from then, and the workman showed up on the scheduled start date with no materials because he did not know the paint and stain colors, although we had provided them. When I provided the information again to the office, I was told they didn't work with the particular brand of stain I had chosen; they could have been up front with this and saved me an extra trip to Home Depot. To continue, the workman power washed the fence and then left without doing any prep work. To our minds, he could have started scraping the front railing, or gone and purchased the materials and got started on the priming. It turned into a longer job with less on-site workmen than I was told when asking questions during the estimate. The workmen also asked whether the wood under the deck needed stained, although it was stated on the estimate. We went with Solution Painting in part because of the good reviews that were posted for the company, but I don't think we would use them again.

Description of Work
Our exterior project involved a fresh paint job on numerous shutters and two doors, scraping and repainting iron railing on the front porch, power washing the fence surrounding the back yard, and staining that fence as well as the wood associated with the Trex deck we had installed the previous year.

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

Thank you for your feedback. Your opinion will help us to be better and better. We appreciate your time.

Robert V.

On time, within budget, and excellent quality

Description of Work
Interior painting and painting of cabinets

Category drywall, interior painters

Work Completed On 02/04/2021

Karen H.

The work crews were professional and friendly. The work was completed quickly and perfectly. The house looked brand new when they were finished!

Description of Work
dry rot wood replaced, exterior of home pressure washed, all trim repainted.

Category contractors, pressure washing, house painters

Work Completed On 06/22/2020

Richard B.

The job went very well. The crew was well organized and managed. The work was done with attention to detail. The crew went above and beyond the scope of work by repairing an outdoor gate to ease entry and egress.

Description of Work
Exterior painting; replacement of rotted wood; repair of rear gutter

Category contractors, gutter cleaning, siding, window cleaning, replacement windows, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 09/07/2020

02/03/2021

Andrew J.

Outstanding. Patched rotted wood. Caulked, Primed and Top-coated exterior of our home. Also washed our windows. Very glad I chose them. Excellent work. Would use them again and recommend them to friends.

Description of Work
Whole house exterior painting

Category contractors, woodworking, house painters

Work Completed On 02/03/2021

02/03/2021

Allen L.

Very professional, extremely good job prepping surfaces before painting. Also replaced rotting wood where needed.

Description of Work
exterior painting

Category contractors, house painters

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

12/12/2020

TRICIA B.

Solution just finished a six-day interior paint and drywall repair project and I could not be happier with the work. Mario was prompt and courteous when he came for the estimate and his price was very fair. The crew was likewise prompt, efficient and courteous and they were very careful to observe COVID precautions. The work looks fantastic, thanks to their careful attention to detail. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Interior painting, drywall repair

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

12/09/2020

Meredith S.

Excellent service - they did a great job painting an interior room. Customer service was excellent. The price was great too. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Interior painting

Work Completed On 12/09/2020

11/23/2020

Andrew M.

All services went perfectly. We will be utilizing Solution Painting for any future projects.

Description of Work
Exterior House Painting to include an elevated deck

Category house painters