Franco American Mowing

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2005

4305 Wakefield Dr

Annandale, VA 22003

For more than 14 years, Franco American Mowing, Inc. has been providing quality residential lawn mowing and landscaping services to the Northern Virginia area. When you hire our company, your lawn will be in good hands. We use only small, commercial, 21" hand held mowers to eliminate damage from large machinery. Additional contact name: Michele Falvo...

03/04/2017

Jane M.

As always, a professional job done with courtesy. The original work we discussed and notes of a subsequent request were reviewed. The workers were efficient and very thorough. After the work was done Franco came by to be sure I approved the work. Franco is always responsive to my calls and his prices are very competitive.

Description of Work
Mulching and spring yard prep.

01/18/2017

Mary D.

We have used Franco for years and have no complaints. They are always prompt and do a fine job. Cost seems reasonable.

Description of Work
Mowing and edging

06/25/2015

Cindy B.

I have used this service for two years and I like using them.. They always leave the grass clippings in a bag on the side of my house where I requested. They have also done a marvelous job with a spring cleaning and trimming.

Description of Work
weekly mowing of my lawn, fertilizing, and weed spraying.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

03/02/2015

Jan W.

The very first mowing was exceptional. I have no idea who the first guy was, but he did a great job. I expected that initial mowing as an example of their work. I was fooled. Never saw that guy again and after the weekly crew was finished here it was hard to tell they had been here. More often than not they left deep ruts in my yard, I complained about it and was told someone would come to check it out and repair, but I never heard from anyone or saw anyone. Lawn clippings were to be bagged and left on the curb for pick-up, instead they dumped the debris in my woods. Not acceptable.

Description of Work
Mowed lawn, nothing else.

02/10/2015

Louise R.

Very easy yard looked great Would highly recommend

Description of Work
Mowed lawn every week

02/07/2015

Charles P.

He has nowed my lawn for over 6 years. They do a good job including trimming and gasthering up grass, and leaving it on the curb for pickupt

Description of Work
Mowed the lawn

12/26/2014

Christina J.

We've been very pleased with Franco American. They've done a great job with the weekly mowing, and leave the bags of yard debris/grass clippings where we've requested. We used their services in the spring for cleaning up our yard, clearing out old mulch/debris from our plant beds, and putting down fresh mulch. We also had them remove leafs from our yard in early December. We'll definitely continue to use their services in the future.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing ($35/week) during late spring, summer and early fall. Mulch service during spring ($1,026). Leaf removal during December ($164).

12/13/2014

Joseph W.

Excellent service provider. Always professional and on schedule. Cost is great and service is better

Description of Work
Cut and trim grass

12/01/2014

Philip B.

Great job they alays do. Grass cutting is always good and lawn always nice job

Description of Work
mow grass and clean leaves up

11/28/2014

Theresa G.

They were great. They’re wonderful to deal with. He was the representative of the company. He was excellent when he came out and gave us an estimate. I had an excellent experience all the way around with them. They are reliable and do a very thorough job. Their price is excellent.

Description of Work
We used Franco American Mowing. They came 3 times a month. They did mowing for the front and backyard and did trimming.

10/30/2014

Christine K.

I've been very happy. Done like clockwork, small mowers, different patterns each time, grass looks great, once-per-month billing, clippings bagged.

Description of Work
mowing single-family property

06/03/2014

Samuel D.

The service and quality of mowing and trimming is outstanding. I have a property that has a lot of beautiful beds which need careful edging. They cut with 21" mowers and the blades are kept sharp which shows by the results. The edging is first rate. Everything he promised has happened along with the next day service if the scheduled day is rained out. Never thought I would be glad that I chose to not cut and trim my own lawn. I have no trouble recommending Franco.

Description of Work
Franco was professional in approach, service, and follow up on providing weekly lawn mowing and trimming.

04/14/2014

Michael H.

My experience has gone very well. I have been using the company for about 6 years now and have been very pleased with their services. I would recommend this company to others.

Description of Work
They come to maintain the yard.

10/09/2013

Jenny M.

It's really reasonable. You don't sign a contract. It's mowing to mowing. They use walk-behind 22-inch Toro mowers. It's like you would do your lawn yourself. They also mow higher than anybody I've checked into. They mow at about 3 inches in the summer, which you're supposed to do. We just love them. We're so happy with them. They do other things, too. They do hardscapes, core aeration, and seeding. The only reason we're not hiring them for that is that we would prefer not to have core aeration. We're going to have Super Lawns do that. They're just wonderful. There were a couple of times where I didn't want them to mow on a Thursday because the lawn hadn't grown enough. That was no problem, they didn't come.

Description of Work
I used Franco American Mowing. We have a 12,000 square foot lawn and it's $53 per mowing.

08/19/2013

George S.

We have relied on Franco American Mowing for about ten years. Franco is very responsive to our needs and his crews do an excellent job. On occasion, if we have an additional need or something isn't done quite right, Franco gets on top of it and corrects the situation. Look, I see other neighbors switching lawn mowing services all the time. We and our two neighbors have been Franco customers for years. We highly recommend Franco American Mowing!

Description of Work
Weekly lawn mowing service on a one acre residential house lot. Also, additional spring yard cleanup, weeding, mulching, pruning of bushes and trees, etc.

Category landscaping, lawn service, mulch, tree service

08/08/2013

Tom A.

We have been using Franco-American mowing for several months. A neighbor recommended them, and I got a consultation from the owner while he was in the neighborhood. Very helpful, provided an accurate estimate as well as mentioning other services that they offer without being pushy. His crew shows up consistently on schedule, hasn't caused any damage, and takes extra steps like mowing the lawn in different directions each week so that they don't leave track marks in the grass. Would absolutely recommend them to anyone looking for mowing or other lawn service.

Description of Work
Mowed our lawn.

06/21/2013

Sarah H.

Franco American Mowing are punctual. They do a good job, quickly.

Description of Work
Franco American Mowing is my lawn company.

05/15/2013

Carol M.

The service is consistently good.

Description of Work
We have been using Franco American for at least seven years (can't remember when we started) to do our summer mowing (weekly) and yearly yard clean up. Their people that do the work are the same ones every year, which says a lot about the company. I have never seen a crew work so hard and efficiently every time they do our yard. The quality of their work is consistently excellent. They are in and out so fast that sometimes the only way we know they were here is the cut lawn and the bag of cuttings at the curb. Since they started with us many years ago, at least four of our neighbors have also hired them. Franco returns calls himself, promptly and is always fair with pricing spring clean ups. Their summer mowing price is also good and in the mid-range. I hope they don't raise their prices after reading this review! I wish all service companies were this reliable! Note: The "approximate service date" above is for most recent service. The "approximate expense" is monthly and varies, depending on how many weekly mowings they do.

12/27/2012

janis G.

Can't say enough good things about the way they treat our lawn. They observe when we have done work such as sodding or seeding and don't disturb these areas. They use standard mowers which do not tear up the lawn like other company's big machines do. They are in and out in a flash, working hard while they are at the job. Their edging is amazing, crisp and professional. The same crew mows the lawn every week, so they can vary the direction of the mow and know when to start mowing new grass and the like.

Description of Work
Mows our lawn weekly. Excellent service. Superior edging!

11/20/2012

Genny F.

Franco came to our house and evaluated the lawn. We had killed all of the grass in our back yard in the spring and re-seeded, but we wound up with more weeds than grass. Franco explained that the best way to emliminate weeds is to aerate and reseed in the fall and spring (followed by a gentle fertilizer). Eventually, the grass will squeeze out all unwanted weeds. (Grass is a weed!!!) He mowed, aerated, reseeded and fertilized my lawn, but two days later there was an incredible storm that washed it all away. He came back, free of charge, and reseeded and fertilized again. Grass grew and I was happy. Yesterday, someone from his company came by to fertilize again, but we had not gotten around to blowing our leaves yet. They asked when we thought we'd finish and put us on the schedule for next week instead. He's such a nice man, with equally nice employees, and I have recommended him to my friends and neighbors. And I just love the name!!!

Description of Work
Aerating, reseeding, and fertilizing my lawn.

06/16/2012

Mary D.

Work is satisfactory. Minor inconvenience in that workers do not speak any English, but owner is responsive to calls. They miss some areas under trees,

Description of Work
They come weekly to mow and edge.

04/28/2012

Jane L.

It went really, really well. From the beginning, Franco communicated with me when he would come to give me an estimate. He was right on time. The estimate was a little higher than the person I thought I'd go with. We split the difference ($100 each). I liked him from the beginning. We scheduled the work for a couple of weeks out (my choice because of other things that were being done at my house). Franco and his cast of thousands showed up right on time and began working. It was a big job because my beds were in such bad shape. Their were was perfect! They finished in about 3 hours. I couldn't be happier and highly recommend Franco American Mowing.

Description of Work
Because my flower beds had become overgrown, they needed to be re-cut, edged, weeded, cleaned up and mulched. That is what was done

04/03/2012

Jay L.

I have been using them for about six years. They do a real good job and they are very accommodating. They are thorough. They do what I ask them to do. They do exactly how I ask them to do.

Description of Work
I use Franco American Mowing for lawn moving.

01/02/2012

Deborah S.

This was the second time I used Franco American. I called Franco and asked him to send out a crew to do one last cleanup of the yard before winter sets in. I also had a special request: a week or so earlier the County had come by and repaired the buckling sidewalk and cracked driveway apron in front of my house, but they left a huge mess - lots of dirt and big tree roots. I asked Franco if his crew could clean that up for me as it didn't look like the County was going to come back and tidy up.The crew did a great job of clearing it all up and bagging the green waste, plus they hauled off the dirt. I will defintely use Franco-Amercian again. Great service, great attitude!

Description of Work
Mowing/mulching lawn; cleaned leaves out of planters; cleaned up sidewalk & driveway where FF County did some work and left a mess.

09/24/2011

Sandy M.

They have been very prompt, the cost is very reasonable and most of all they bag the clippings. I was looking for a company that would bag the clippings instead of blowing into the street or left in clumps.

Description of Work
I have a lawn maintenance service with Franco American.

Independence Landscape

Independence Landscape is a full service landscape and lawn care company based in Northern Virginia. We offer a full range of services, from maintenance to landscape design and installation, to custom hardscape projects. Each of our crews specialize in a specific skill set, which ensures quality of work regardless of the size or complexity of the project. We continually stay on top of industry standards and developments by regularly attending professional training sessions and courses. If a better method, tool or environmentally friendly product appears on the market, Independence is trained and certified to implement it in order to enhance the beauty of our customers' properties. *Our Company History* Independence Landscape was established in 2006. Our owners, Curtis Greene and Chad Evans, originally started in the landscaping and lawn maintenance business while in high school and college. "Even back then," Greene explains, "we took it very seriously and set high standards for everything we did." Clients noticed their reliability and the quality of their work. After college graduation, they both landed jobs with the Department of Defense, but quickly discovered they missed working on people's yards and building relationships with their clients. They both decided to pursue their real passion, and soon Independence Landscape officially opened for business. Today our growing company takes care of residential properties throughout Northern Virginia. Loyalty and trust between our clients and employees is the backbone of everything we do at Independence.

Envirogrow

Envirogrow Lawn & Landscape is a full service residential and commercial maintenance company serving the Northern Virginia Area. We have been in business for over twenty years. Envirogrow is fully insured and has a Class A Virginia Contractors License. Our crews are uniformed, well trained and each crew is overseen by an English speaking supervisor. Chemical and pesticide applicators are certified by the state of Virginia. The office staff is courteous and responsive to a client’s needs. We perform all levels of maintenance from a simple weekly or biweekly lawn mowing to full service twelve month turnkey maintenance plans. Landscape enhancements, new plantings and annual flowers are an integral part of our service business.

Offers by Envirogrow on Angi
    Ross Tree Service Ltd

We have been serving all of Northern Virginia since 1982. We service both commercial and residential clients. Our office is open Monday - Friday 8AM -4PM and we are on call for for storm emergencies 24/7 by calling (703) 583-8733. Ross Tree Service takes care of all of your tree care needs.

Lawn & yard work - weekly mowing, spring cleanup, mulching, aeration, seeding & fertilization, pruning, bush trimming, leaf removal. Gravel work.

Gutter cleaning