Amelia Overhead Doors

Founded 1984 • With Angi since July 2006

15388 Patrick Henry Hwy

Amelia Court House, VA 23002

Since 1987, we have served as a professional dealer of garage doors, garage door openers and related products throughout central Virginia. Some of the main communities that we service include Richmond, Lynchburg, Williamsburg and Charlottesville, and the surrounding areas. Whether your needs are for your home or business, Amelia Overhead Doors has the same commitment to providing top quality products and the very best service possible. Our commitment to our customers has been the cornerstone of our success throughout the years. Each customer is truly important to us and our goal is to not only serve you today but in the years ahead as well. We have had the privilege of serving many generations within the same families on numerous occasions throughout the years, and we strive to build this kind of trust each day. We believe that honesty, integrity, and a genuine care for our customers is what sets us apart. Our people make the difference. We have over 150 years of combined industry experience on our side to ensure that our customers are getting the most knowledgeable help from the initial project design to the final installation. We maintain our service at the highest industry standards so that you can rest easy in knowing that the job will be done right the first time. We welcome the opportunity to supply, install, or service your garage door and opener as well as the many other products that we specialize in. Please visit our contact page and we can give you a quote today....

07/11/2018

Jay W.

Showed up when they said they would and did a beautiful installation. They took my payment via Visa over the phone, although I had the option of paying by check. Their price beet Apple Doors's CHI brand equivalent door by approx. $300 each. I would (and will) highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
Had two 30-yr-old garage doors replaced with Clopay model 4050 for a great price.

03/14/2017

kathleen M.

Replacement panel cost almost as much as a new aluminum door, so opted for an entire replacement and a new opener for 2 car garage. Opener was installed, however, discovered later that day, the garage light had to be left on in order for the opener to work. Installer never mentioned that. I called company back and had to insist they send someone back to correct. Installer came back but told me I would need additional electrical work done. I am the original owner of this home for 29 years and my previous openers NEVER needed anything electrical added. Now selling the house a couple of months later and Inspector "called out" the Opener situation. Called company back.....they are standing by the need for an electrician at an additional cost.....I repeatedly explained to deaf ears that previous Openers did not require any additional work done and didn't require me to burn my garage lights 24/7..... they would need to correct this situation. I was met with "washing their hands of the problem" unless I wanted to pay more to subcontract out the additional work. How disappointing they don't stand by their work. Wouldn't use again.

Description of Work
Replacement garage door (rotten wood) panel and new opener.

05/13/2016

Alex R.

Visited the store to get two oversize garage door quotes. I told Dan the Sales Mgr. I also had a quote from Apple Doors and spent about 45 minutes with him working up details. Seemed like a decent, helpful guy but he never provided me quotes. Called the office over a week ago to find out progress and he was too "busy" to take the call. He never called back or sent a quote. Totally wasted my time. I would not recommend doing business with this company. Other reviewers have reported similar treatment.

Description of Work
They wasted my time by never providing a quote after visiting their store.

02/24/2016

George M.

Their salesman came promptly and spent a lot of time measuring and noting unique characteristics of the door opening. Explained various options and wrote up thorough estimate. After 3-4 weeks after door had come in [with a blizzard in between], the shop called and set up time for installers. Electrician arrived first and installed outlet for new opener. Next, two installers arrived and took about two hours to install the new door and opener. The took time to explain the operation of both. Removed old door and all components. Cleaned up work area. Entirely enjoyable experience and would not hesitate to recommend Amelia Overhead Door to others.

Description of Work
Replaced a 30+ year-old garage door and installed garage door opener. Took away old door and all components.

Category garage doors,doors

11/16/2014

John S.

Quick estimate and good price. 3 days later it was installed right on time and very very quickly. Excellent

Description of Work
Fixed my garage door and replaced a section of the door.

Category garage doors,doors

11/07/2014

Allen H.

I received a quote from 2 garage door firms and chose Amelia. I was told it would take 2 weeks to get the door I wanted. After not hearing from them for 2 weeks I called and was told they had no order. They put me in touch with the salesman who checked his records and dissevered that he had not placed the order. So he offered me another, more expensive door for the same price that was in stock and it was installed 2 days later. Took about 1.5 hours. So despite the glitch, I was eventually very pleased with how it was handled and the final result.

Description of Work
Installed a new garage door and hauled away the old one.

10/20/2014

Jack H.

Had issue with sales manager named and quot;Danand quot;. I feel he dropped the ball on communication with my builder. However after a couple of deep breaths on each side we were able to mend out ways and they completed the job with a different crew. Excellent price on an excellent product.

Description of Work
Installed 2 garage doors

08/21/2014

Kenneth F.

Two technicians arrived on schedule at 8:30 a,m, They unloaded all the new garage materials. The existing garage doors, tracks and hardware were removed from my house and loaded onto their truck. The new low headroom tracks were installed. Then the new garage door panels were installed. The torsion springs were mounted and connected to the doors. The garage doors were connected to the existing garage door openers and adjusted. The project was finished at noon.

Description of Work
They removed two 9' x 7' garage doors, tracks and hardware. They installed two 9'x7' Clopay 1 3/8" 27 Ga. Steel Polyurethane Insulated garage doors with low headroom tracks.

08/18/2014

Joy S.

I kept calling office and was then informed they would not be able to help me as they didn't service the company that manufactured the doors.

Description of Work
Came to give estimate on repairs and told us they would contact us with price in 2-3 days. They never called nor did salesperson return my calls as he was away on vacation.

03/02/2014

allen G.

Everything went great an it only took about 1hr.

Description of Work
New spring on overhead door.

Precision Garage Door

Sales, service and installation of garage doors, and garage door openers. Same day and 24-hour emergency service available. With the highest quality garage door parts available in the door industry, Precision Door is your right choice. Our garage door technicians are trained to diagnose and fix all kinds of garage door and garage door opener issues. We realize that your time is valuable and we want to make getting your door fixed as easy as possible for you. We know your doors are an important visual and useful aspect of your home. In many cases, the garage door is used more than the front door so we understand the inconvenience caused when it's not working. Precision Door Services of Richmond offers same day, 24/7 emergency service. Our fully stocked trucks and certified technicians are ready to help. We believe in our products so much, we offer a limited lifetime warranty on many of our parts and services. Ask us for details. We take pride in hiring technicians that are professional, courteous, and on-time. Precision Door Service of Richmond is locally owned and operated. Specializing in garage door repair and garage door replacement. Like most service companies, we charge a service call fee but also offer coupons. We do not charge extra for evening, weekend and emergency calls. Award winning products and service!

Richmond Window Corporation

Renewal by Andersen replacement windows are not only built for beauty, they're built for performance, too. Made from Renewal by Andersen's exclusive Fibrex material, this breakthrough composite combines the strength & stability of wood with the low-maintenance features of vinyl replacement windows. We are a company that handles everything from start to finish & we offer one of the best limited warranties which even covers installation. We've installed over 2 million windows in more than 300,000 homes - we're the experts you can trust. What to expect from your free In-Home Consultation: Renewal by Andersen custom-builds all replacement windows and replacement doors according to your home's exact needs. In order to provide accurate window and door pricing, a design consultant will meet with you in your home to discuss your replacement needs and provide you with pricing information. Specific-Time Appointments - We schedule window and door appointments at specific times, 6pm as an example, rather than a window of time such as 4pm - 8pm. No Pressure - We'll listen to your needs and present ideas to help improve the home you love. Custom Assessment - Every home is different. We will inspect your home's current window situation, identify any unique installation challenges and provide you with an accurate assessment and potential solutions. Options - Our replacement window and door specialists will provide you with both beautiful design options as well as efficient ways to make the most of your money. An Itemized Quote - During your consultation, we will provide you with an itemized quote that will allow you the opportunity to review your options and make the best decision for your home. No Obligation - Your free, in-home consultation is provided to you with no obligation.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check

Door repairs- all brands, garage door openers, service, spring replacements, torsion and extension, replacement sections.