Yates Automotive Inc

Founded 1964 • With Angi since October 2006

317 E. Braddock Road

Alexandria, VA 22301

Washington Business Journal's 2017 Family-Owned Business Award. All auto repairs and services are performed by our trained technicians with careful attention to detail. Visit our site to request a quote or an appointment online.

10/19/2019

Howard V.

Yates was awful. I brought the car in to repair a broken window motor. They told me it would cost more than $1,000 to fix. When I said I would shop for a better price, they charged more than $150 for a "diagnostic fee". When I picked up the car, they had damaged a bike rack by backing the car into a wall, then tried to deny it. They subsequently agreed they'd destroyed it, and refunded the "diagnostic fee", then said they'd replace the rack but never did. Their quote to repair the car was more than three times the fee I eventually paid to fix the window. I got a full day of hassle and a destroyed bike rack. My advice: Stay Away!!

Description of Work
Replace vehicle window motor

07/07/2019

Gautam C.

Their quote to repair was double the cost of another reputed repair shop I went with. Seems quite expensive shop and very busy.

Description of Work
Check if repair needed to brakes.

07/07/2019

Gautam C.

Their cost for rear brakes replacement are much higher than the dealer quote.

Description of Work
Brakes checkup

04/17/2019

Brittany L.

Excellent as always. Prompt, professional and responsive.

Description of Work
Battery change

04/09/2019

Betsy W.

The Yates team members are friendly, welcoming, eager to explain what they are doing and keep you up to date on progress. I have been there twice since I moved to the area and they have already solidified their spot as the first and only stop for anything related to my car.

Description of Work
Inspection and emissions

Category auto repair, car inspections

03/30/2019

Jack L.

Excellent work. Friendly and professional staff. I will return!

Description of Work
Auto detailing and minor body work.

Category auto body repair, auto detailing, auto repair

03/26/2019

J D.

Jon Yates was fantastic...up front and honest about what was going on and why...and he worked with us on the costs. The professionalism was absolutely top-notch. Family run business working with families to make things work!

Description of Work
Tires, Alignment, and Engine

Category auto body repair, auto repair, car inspections

03/26/2019

Jordan T.

Beyond excellent service. Couldn’t be happier!

Description of Work
Tire Repair

03/15/2019

NEVERSEE D.

When I entered the facility, I was greeted by the most friendliest and professional staff. (Jon, Joey,Kris, Jeff and Luis. I was impressed by the cleanliness of the facility, the prompted attention and of course the excellent. service. My mom and I could not believe the kindness that exuded within these gentlemen. I would definitely go back there again.

Description of Work
Inspection

03/14/2019

Jodie D.

I really appreciate Yates' experience, professionalism, and understanding. At my last scheduled maintenance appointment, Yates had notified me that my clutch bearing was going (I have a 2013 Outback with a manual trans) and would need to be replaced soon. Welp, about a month later (I was pushing it!) the clutch gave out completely in the middle of evening rush hour as I was still 10 miles from home. I coasted into a gas station and called Yates immediately. Chris handled the tow request and found a loaner for me to use while they performed a major repair -- replacing a (literally) melted clutch and associated parts. The cost wasn't cheap (and let me be clear in saying I am not a wealthy person and that $4800 is a significant financial event in my life), but after calling around to other shops for a gut check, Yates' estimate was competitive for such a major repair. And I swear the new clutch shifts more smoothly than the original. This repair would have been unavoidably costly anywhere, but I feel that Yates went the extra mile to make sure I could get home after my car failed, to make sure I had a loaner to use to get to work and do kid pickups and drop-offs without a hitch, and to make sure my transmission was better than new when finished. I know a clutch replacement is not an easy fix, especially these days with so few manuals on the road, and I appreciate their skill in getting the fit and adjustment just right. I plan to drive this car for as long as it will live, with help along the way from Yates.

Description of Work
Clutch and master/slave cylinder replacement

Category auto repair, towing

03/03/2019

Karen K.

I selected the most basic detail service that Yates Automotive offers and it was fantastic! I feel like I got the best value for my money. I could not have gotten better service or a better looking car afterwards!

Description of Work
Hand wash and interior vacuum

Category auto detailing

02/26/2019

Chloe C.

Drove to Virginia from Maryland to get my grandparents car inspected. Was only an hour drive and I had my 3 year old with me. Soon as we were walking in we were greeting and a employee held the door open for us. I knew we had to wait cause we didn’t make an appointment but they got in done within an hour (I was expecting a lot longer) the gas station down the street said around 2 hours! They gave both my daughter and I vouchers for some drinks to the 711 less than a block away. They were all very sweet to my child who was grumpy because it was around nap time lol I felt very welcomed during my short stay! Wish they would open one up in maryland!

Description of Work
Inspection

Category car inspections

02/22/2019

Wayne W.

It went well prompt, courteous service.

Description of Work
State inspection

Category auto repair, car inspections

Thank you for your business and for taking the time to share your experience. We're very happy you were satisfied with the work and look forward to serving you again.

02/17/2019

Betsy W.

Yates automotive was recommended to me and I will definitely come back. They did an excellent job detailing my car both inside and out, and everyone I met was friendly, super energetic, and anxious to make sure I had a positive and painless experience. Could not be happier with the results and the decision to try out Yates!

Description of Work
Car detail and oil change

Category auto detailing, auto repair

Thank you so much for trusting us with your car and for taking the time to post a review. We're so thrilled to have met your expectations and appreciate your friend's recommendation! We look forward to serving you again. :)

01/19/2019

Patte N.

Top notch service. Every touch point at this location was perfect. I worked in the automotive mgmt for 10 years, and Yates Automotive (specifically Chris, John, Jeff and staff were incredibly professional and trustworthy)

Description of Work
Tow and new tire service

Category auto repair, car tires, towing

01/16/2019

Judith M.

Dropped it off in afternoon. Said perhaps tomorrow they would finish. Call received two hours later. Car work completed and ready for pickup at no charge. The brake fluid was low, and it needed refilling. So they refilled the fluid at no cost to me. It had been there 4 weeks ago for a leaking tire, and an oil change. I guess they figured they should have checked the brake fluid then.......

Description of Work
Msg that my brakes needed immediate attention.

12/16/2018

Aubrey D.

Imagine a Saturday afternoon close to Christmas Holidays. You have so much to do and planned to do it today. However you get a sharp object in a tire and air is shooting out rapidly. I stumbled on Yates Automotive. Let me tell you, there isn't a place I can remember in recent days that has warm, caring professionals like Yates Automotive. Although attentively caring for other customers cars, Billy and Joe immediately determined the cause and repaired my vehicle without hesitation. A sincere thank you to the professionals at Yates Automotive! Awesome job!

Description of Work
Tire Repair

12/06/2018

Linda B.

Called me back immediately with a response. Price was in line or better than other estimates. Used another vendor with similar quote strictly because of location much closer to home. Very happy with quick response and estimate.

Description of Work
Asked for a quote on four tires for a Honda Civic

Category car tires

12/04/2018

Lee E.

For the past two years I have been taking my Jeep to Yates Automotive. I took the truck in for its 120,000 mile maintenance and the service I received was incredible. The front desk team is very friendly and professional, but the best part of my experience was Mike V., the mechanic who worked on my car. I had a long list of services (a dozen) that I needed to have done, from an oil change, transmission flush, replacing the serpentine belt, replacing the tires, a complete detailing, and a bunch of other maintenance items. When I picked up the car, I noted that several services on my repair order had not been done. I was a little miffed. They didn’t do the engine flush; replace two transmission filters; and replace the radiator hoses! I spoke with Mike and he told me that because I have always used synthetic oil, it was a waste of time to do an engine flush--the engine is so clean that if we opened it up, it would look like a new engine (an excellent reason to use synthetic oil!). The T-Tech transmission flush equipment they use literally washes the inside of the transmission, it's not just a drain and fill service they provide. The two filters I asked to have removed are metal screens, not filters with some kind of element. Because the T-Tech service does such a thorough good job, those screen were well cleaned. Mike told me that opening a transmission to get to the filters means breaking the gasket, and when the gasket is replaced, it doesn't always seal as well as hoped. If it isn't leaking after 120,000 miles, he highly recommended not touching it. Finally, the radiator hoses I wanted replaced had been replaced when the radiator was replaced several months ago and didn't need to be replaced. I had forgotten! Mike and the team could have charged me for the those services, and I would have been very happy, but not as happy as I was when Mike educated me and saved me a bunch of money. My Jeep is 12 years old, and it gets compliments from everyone on how good it looks and how well maintained it is. I give my enthusiastic thanks to Yates Automotive for saving me money on unnecessary services and keeping my Jeep running so well that I don't have to buy a new one! That is saving me tens of thousands of dollars every year!

Description of Work
120,000 service, new brakes and tires

Category auto repair, car tires, transmission repair

12/03/2018

HOWARD C.

They are excellent. Recently there was a serious leak in my oil pan. Oil was going into my alternator.. They replaced the alternator generator and oil pan. They always do a good job. I would highly recommend them and I will use them again.

Description of Work
I have been going to them for auto repairs and maintenance needs for years.

Category auto repair

Thank you so much for your business and for taking the time to post a review. We're thrilled we could help solve the issue and that you were satisfied with the work. We appreciate you sharing your experience and for your recommendation.

10/07/2018

Karen T.

Due to unusual circumstances, an employee drove my car from my home to Yates leaving me a loaner car and delivered my car back to my home when the services were completed. The service and price can't be beat. As of this year I don't use any other service station for my car. The employee that helped with my car was very professional, polite and with a great sense of humor. He deserves a raise- a big raise- for going above and beyond the call of duty. For those looking for a service station I highly recommend you check out Yates Automotive, there is a reason they have been in service for over 50 years, They are clean, professional, environmentally friendly, care about the community and want to make sure everything is GREAT!

Description of Work
oil change, struts replaced

Category auto repair

I'm sorry it's taken us so long to respond to your review, but we just wanted to say a quick thanks for taking the time to share your experience and for your loyal business. We were happy to help you out and look forward to serving you again!

10/02/2018

Mike P.

The entire staff at Yates are the most friendly and professional staff I've encountered at an auto shop. They were honest and upfront with the estimated time frame for completion. In the past, I've been cautious about where I go for tire repairs, as shops often just try to sell me a new tire. They were able to repair my tire perfectly, saving me a good chunk of money. The complimentary car wash after requested service was complete was a nice surprise! Would recommend Yates to anyone and will plan to come back for future services.

Description of Work
Tire Repair/Plug & Patch

09/21/2018

Roberta M.

I initially contacted the team with a request to see if there was a way to revive my aging 2001 VW Jetta and keep it on the road for a little while longer. The known issues were that it was rapidly leaking coolant and the check engine light, along with other things like the A/C not functioning properly and an odd whirring sound. When they responded with an initial quote to fix everything, I asked them to tell me what the bare minimum was they could do to keep the car on the road for <6 months. They called me back with a revised quote that was much more palatable; I really appreciated their understanding my goals and finding a way to work with me to help me keep this car on the road for a little while longer. They got the work done as predicted in terms of both schedule and budget. I think the most notable thing for me was that, after many (many!) phone calls to them, with multiple people answering the call, every single person I spoke with was friendly, professional, and super helpful. It was incredibly refreshing! And the experience continued when I went to pick up the car and met several of the staff in person. A huge thanks to the whole Yates team for your help; based on this experience, I know exactly where I'll be taking my cars the next time they need service. Highly recommended!!!!

Description of Work
Getting an 18 year old car back on the road, including reworking the cooling system, brakes, safety inspection, and emissions.

Category auto repair, radiator service, car inspections

Thank you so much for taking the time to post a review about your experience. We're thrilled we could work with you and we appreciate how communicative you were about what your specific needs are so we could find a way to meet them. We truly appreciate your business and the kind words. Thank you!

09/11/2018

Lee E.

I scheduled an appointment, explained the problems I had, and they took the car in for a diagnosis. They called back and told me that the throttle body needed to be cleaned, one of the tire sensors needed to be replaced (so that I can monitor the tire pressure from the dashboard), and the roof was leaking because there are channels in the sunroof that divert the rain. They had gotten clogged and the water was backing up onto the front passenger's floor. I picked up the car and everything has been working great since then. They let me know that my brake discs were a little out of round (causing some vibration when I stopped at high speeds), but told me the brakes were safe and didn't need to be replaced unless I wanted them to. I decided to wait for a while. They are pleasant, very professional, and they didn't oversell. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Engine stalling; leaking roof; tire are monitoring gauge not working

08/07/2018

Shawna V.

These people are AMAZING. I rushed in at the end of the day, desperately needing help with the gas tank of my car. I was notified at 5 pm that my car would be picked up for shipping to Hawaii sometime "tonight". I was desperate to get a quarter tank of gas out of the car. JASON YATES himself, THE OWNER of all those businesses dropped everything to help me, in this heat and humidity. Literally calmed me down, said he would help me and PERSONALLY spent an HOUR working on my car. They stayed late as well. This is a good man who deserves every single success. I will forever be grateful to Mr. Yates and his employees for helping me at the last minute in a desperate situation. PLEASE support all of the local Yates businesses. I am literally tearing up in gratitude.

Description of Work
Gas tank repairs

Smart Choice Mobile Auto Detailing

We are a detailing company that comes to you, we bring our own water and electricity and we can come to anywhere your car is at, we are very convenient because you don’t have to wait around at the detail shop for hours, check our website for extremely affordable prices. Click here to schedule your car detailing: https://www.smartchoicedetailing.com/book-appointment

NOVA FAMILY AUTO SERVICE

At Nova Family Auto Service, our goal is to completely satisfy our customers. We have updated our facility with the latest computer and diagnostic equipment. We employ ASE Master certified technicians to provide dealer quality services at a fraction of the cost to you. You can trust us to fix your car right, the first time!

2022 Super Service Award

Elden Collision Center

Elden Collision Center has always maintained a distinguished reputation throughout the automotive and collision repair industry. We use UltraMate computerized estimating software that will give you a detailed line-item description of all labor charges and part replacements for your vehicle. We provide you with the print-out and explain the repair process in detail. With over 30 years of auto body collision repair experience we are able to give you a more accurate repair estimate which will allow you to make a much better decision. If you are making a collision claim against insurance then we will work your insurance company to receive approval for our estimate or we may use the estimate provided by your insurance company adjuster. We are committed to providing a level of quality that meets both the rigorous demands of the auto insurance companies and the Automotive Service Association (ASA). Without exception, we will repair your car right the first time to your expectations.

Auto Service
    Auto Tires
    Auto Inspections
    Auto Detailing
    Auto Radiators
    Auto Transmission
    Auto Body Work

Auto tires, radiators, accessories, alarms, body work, detailing, glass, inspections, mufflers, towing, transmission & transportation.