Traylor Design & Construction, LLC

Founded 2011 • With Angi since October 2011

Alexandria, VA 22315

Traylor Construction, LLC, is committed to providing the highest quality of customer service and satisfaction. We specialize in a variety of home improvement and commercial services, including painting, installation and/or repair of hardwood flooring/tiles, decks/porches, basements, remodeling of bathroom/kitchens, power washing, home additions, demolition, and framing. Please call ( 202 ) 292-9194 or email us at traylordesignconstruction@gmail.com for your free personal consultation....

10/24/2020

Elizabeth O.

Overall delighted with the transformation from a shoddy kitchen I inherited to an elegant L-shape in a 10x14. However, my disappointment of expectations of a professional firm are such that I will not pursue quotes for additional projects.

Description of Work
Remodeled 10 x 14 kitchen

Category countertops, home remodeling, interior painters

03/31/2020

Elizabeth O.

To remodel my principal and small condo bathroom, I selected Andre Silva's company primarily because of the "trust" factor and the reasonable quote. (Not the least expensive.) From the date of the in-home estimate, I sensed I could trust Mr. Silva; and, trust is what matters to me in business. Although the company is busy, Andre and his office manager were always there to touch base as needed. His team was professional and considerate in my home, of my schedule and other constraints. As with all remodeling projects, there are hiccups: Andre worked to resolve those with me to satisfaction. I felt the "wow" factor when the bathroom remodel was complete. It was the best remodel for the price. The best endorsement I can give Traylor Design & Construction is the fact that I have contracted with them again (to remodel my modest-sized kitchen).

Description of Work
Remodeled (gut and remodel) small, primary bathroom

Category home remodeling, interior painters

03/26/2020

James L.

When it comes to a contractor, the most important thing is character. Is your contractor going to stand by their work or desert you the second anything goes wrong. I had some water leaking from my toilet valve that damaged my drywall a floor below. I found Traylor Design on google, and contacted its owner (Andre) who came out and looked at it that day. Two days later he and his crew arrived to fix the problem. They repaired the drywall, and fixed the valve. Unfortunately, a day later, I noticed the toilet was still leaking and had damaged the drywall they just fixed! Now, they already had my money, and could easily have abandoned me. I contacted Andre and told him the problem, and twenty four hours later his very hardworking group was back and fixed everything, without any additional charge. He never once gave me even the slightest hard time about it. Anyone who has dealt with contractors knows that it can be difficult to get a contractor to come back and fix something they already fixed, especially when its a smaller company like Traylor Design & Construction. When it comes to contracting, it's not rare for a problem to not get fixed on the first attempt, but what is rare is to get someone who stands by their work and comes back to fix the problem. The key is character, and Andre has it.

Description of Work
Drywall and Toilet Valve Leak

Category drywall, plumbing

10/17/2019

shahira A.

I had a complete make over done in a house I had recently purchased. We refinished the floors (you can see the color of the floor stain in the photo), added skylights to the sunroom, removed a bulky fireplace and replaced it with a big window. These guys did a great job and gave me the best price (they matched the competition). Andre was responsive to our concerns and oversaw all the work. I am very happy with the results and would hire them again. I will update my review to reflect how the work held up, but I don't anticipate any problems.

Description of Work
Home remodeling

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, roofing, skylights, interior painters

10/17/2019

shahira A.

They were great. Very satisfied with the work.

Description of Work
General remodeling

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, skylights, interior painters

08/14/2019

Stephanie W.

Beautiful work!!

Description of Work
Floors, kitchen remodel, and railing.

Category drywall, flooring contractor, remodeling, home remodeling, interior painters, doors

11/30/2018

michael D.

this guy is an absolute crook. the job took months longer than estimated and he consistently held me hostage for more money. Threatening to walk of the job mid way through and leave me without floors/walls/ceilings/etc. He was never on the jobsite, hired guys who had absolutely no idea what they were doing, were unlicensed and had no skills. He'll lie to your face about how or what was done, and you have to play detective to prove it wasn't. do not let this guy in your house under any circumstances

Description of Work
master bath and closet remodel

Category interior painters

08/30/2018

Brianne B.

Traylor design and construction removed old tile from my kitchen floor and installed laminate flooring. This was last fall. The crew was diligent and efficient. The floors came out great and they still look good. The only issue is that there is a very slight separation that appear between two tiles but my house is on a hill so I'm not sure if that's a result of the house shifting a bit. Otherwise, great work. I'd definitely recommend them.

Description of Work
Laminate floor installation

Category flooring contractor

10/16/2017

William W.

Okay okay okay

Description of Work
Repair three 6”x6” screen porch structural posts; sister 2”x6” treated lumber to existing post after excavating to post concrete foundation, Remove decayed portion on old post fill decayed void with 2-2”x6” treated timber and concrete fill foundation

Category decks, interior painters

09/23/2017

Katherina D.

Built a deck for the backyard - very responsive, very reasonable price, and good work.

Description of Work
Built a ~100sqr ft wooden deck for the backyard

Category decks

08/28/2017

Kendra J.

Overall Traylor Design did an excellent job. We are extremely satisfied with our new master bathroom! Pros: The tile guy was amazing! He literally worked for 13 hours straight one day on the marble tile and detail for our shower. It was obvious he really cared about the quality of his work. Andre and his crew also worked very hard and were quick to resolve any issues, and were very accommodating when we added extra scope to the project. Cons: Communication could have been better. We were not always sure of the work hours, so we were just prepared for the crew to show up anytime. I also felt like the sequence of some of the work was out of order (like installing the vanity and tub before painting), but everything still turned out in the end. We will definitely be contacting Andre again in the future for other projects.

Description of Work
Update master bathroom, and repair small roof and trim

Category ceramic tile, drywall, plumbing, roofing, home remodeling, interior painters

08/25/2017

ian O.

We loved working with Traylor Design & Construction. Great service! They were incredibly reliable and got the job done quickly within our desired timeline. We highly recommend working with this group, they are very professional and did an amazing job!!

Description of Work
Bathroom remodel work

Category home remodeling

03/15/2017

William N.

Back in January (2017), my husband and I hired Andre at Traylor Design and Construction to renovate our kitchen. We had already sourced the materials that we wanted to use—new appliances, new cabinets, new flooring, new backsplash and countertops—but we had decided we wanted to hire an experienced contractor rather than to try to do it ourselves. I couldn’t be happier with the results. Andre was professional and personable in every interaction, and his crew was polite, clean, and skilled. We had several little hiccups (we have an old house—some pipes were not where we were expecting them to be when we tore out the cabinets) but they addressed and overcame them quickly and with quality work. Andre was happy to work with any materials or designs I provided but offered another recommendation for sourcing our granite countertops. His recommendation saved my husband and I $200, improved the quality of the countertop we were going to receive, and shortened the order-to-installation time by over a week (at least). Andre and his crew even recommended small design tweaks that would make the kitchen look better. Considering I am not an interior designer by any means, these recommendations were welcomed. I’ve heard horror stories of kitchen renovations dragging on for weeks (or months!) and constantly creeping higher and higher in cost—that was a huge concern of mine when selecting a contractor. Andre and his crew stuck to the budget and completed everything within 2 weeks! We will definitely hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Kitchen renovation: moving a washing machine out of a pantry closet and into the adjacent mudroom; replacing old cabinets with new cabinets; ripping up vinyl flooring and installing tile floors; installing granite countertops and tile backsplash; installing new sink, faucet, stove, and range hood; replacing old light fixture with new dimmable light fixture; hanging new folding doors to pantry closet; rehanging door to mudroom (it wouldn't close before)

Category ceramic tile, countertops, home remodeling, interior painters

02/08/2017

Heather M.

After going through a very stressful renovation a few years ago with another contractor, we were so thankful to have such a wonderful experience this time with Traylor Design and Construction LLC. Andre and his team built a gorgeous custom porch skirt for our home that is truly stunning. Not only did they do an exceptional job, but they stuck to the timeline, were very neat and organized, and went above and beyond to meet our expectations. We highly recommend Traylor Design and look forward to hiring them again with any future projects.

Description of Work
Front Porch Skirting

Category decks, interior painters

11/29/2016

cynthia S.

Andre was excellent; his crew replaced a fence for us. They arrived on time, did nice work and even ended up doing some custom work because something we had asked for wasn't available. There were a couple things we asked them to revise because it wasn't quite what we had expected, but Andre and his crew took care of it immediately to our satisfaction. His crew doesn't speak the best English, so there were a few miscommunications. Other than that, we were very pleased. We would definitely work with them again.

Description of Work
Fence replacement.

Category fencing, interior painters

10/22/2016

khue N.

The repair was fine and the crew left the work area clean and neat. They are not great communicators but they get the job done for a fair price, compared to other contractors.

Description of Work
Drywall repair in basement, hall closet, and behind fridge. Paint areas with the drywall repair. The entire project was mostly minor repair work.

Category drywall, interior painters

05/15/2014

Doreen M.

I was referred to Traylor Desgn and Construction by a friend who has had beautiful work done at her house by Andre. He came to my house to evaluate and give me an estimate for work I needed done. He was very prompt, professional and courteous. He looked at the office and let me know that his firm could handle some other work that I needed done in my basement. Unfortunately, due to some unexpected family issues, I have not been able to get him to the house yet but I will update review ASAP.

Description of Work
Evaluation and estimate for painting office.

Category interior painters, sunrooms

02/18/2014

John A.

It went great. He actually lives down the street from us. The service was good; it was very quick and fair. He did not recommend more than what needed to be done; he kept cost in mind.

Description of Work
We used Traylor Design & Construction, LLC. He repaired some aluminum siding.

Category siding

09/11/2013

Terry E.

I can not think of any dont's, I was exceptionally pleased with the service provided.

Description of Work
The contractor provided several options to repair my sunroon roof leaking problems. The owner, Mr Andre Silva took his time and personally evaluated three different options to repair the panalized roof system and the flashing that connected the sunroom roof to the main house. The three options discussed were caulking the failed seams,using a rubber sheet to completely cover the roof or using eterna bond tape on all seams. In consultation with the roof manufacturer, I selected the eterna bond product that was highly recommended by the roof manufacturer. Andre personally performed all the needed repairs including surface preparation with the eterna bond cleaner and then application of 4"wide eterna bond roof sealing tape on all seams and the entire perimeter or the roof to eliminate any future leak problems. After the installation Andre took several pictures before and after to let me see exactly what I paid for. This was a refreshing experience since without this extra step there would be no way the customer to see what was done. Thanks for this extra step.

Category roofing, sunrooms

03/14/2013

theresa m B.

Andre was very personable, yet professional at the same time. He answered my calls 100% of the time and was very timely in getting me his estimate and working around my schedule to complete the job. We got estimates from many other companies that had ridiculous solutions to our problem that would have cost double and didn't provide half the detail in the quote as to the work that would be performed. I would recommend Andre and his team to anyone and look forward to using him again in the future.

Description of Work
Traylor Design & Construction's Andre (owner) replaced some poorly designed and leaky french doors with a sliding door leading from our master bedroom to the balcony. He made sure the balcony was leak proof by flashing, resealing, and caulking the entire area, as well as fabricating all the necessary trim, inside and out. He installed a new membrane on the balcony floor as well as improved the functionality of the deck material that makes up the walking surface. He and his team did a great job finishing and painting all the trim, so now the door looks like it has been there all along!

Category ceramic tile

Living Color Painting & Restoration

Work with you to bring your visions to life. Living Colors Kitchen&Bath is a family owned and operated business specializing in Kitchen and Bath Remodeling. With more than 25 years of experience, we are serving Northern Virginia, Maryland and Washington DC. We are a licensed, insured, and bonded company that goes the distance to provide quality workmanship you can count on.

Williams Painting And Remodeling

Williams Painting & Remodeling is a family owned & operated business, serving the DC Metro area for over 10 Years. We pride ourselves on customer service. We want to do the job and do it right and do it right the first time. Try us out and see how you like us. You won’t be disappointed.

Offers by Williams Painting And Remodeling on Angi
    All American Painting Plus Inc

All American Painting Plus is a locally-owned professional painting company serving Northern Virginia. We believe in honesty, integrity and trust in everything we do, from start to finish. We’ve developed an outstanding reputation of excellence by providing professional painting services to help residential clients enhance, protect and maintain their American Dreams for almost two decades. You can depend on us for accurate estimates and quality craftsmanship. Every project is backed by a two-year written warranty. Please note that we have a $1,500 labor minimum for all new customers.

Check, PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover

Specializing in professional painting, floor installation, & remodeling. Projects range from full remodels to smaller projects, such as hanging a flat screen TV or installing appliances or a mailbox. Traylor Design & Construction, LLC is licensed & insured.

Ask for details.