Kingstowne Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning

Founded 2009 • With Angi since October 2010

Kingstowne Carpet & Rug Cleaning is dedicated to providing the best possible rug cleaning in Alexandria, VA and surrounding areas. We specialize thorough, but gentle cleaning and we use solutions that are safe for kids and pets. We pick up, clean and deliver domestic and imported rugs, taking

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

carpet cleaning (102)oriental rug cleaning (59)carpet installation (4)upholstery cleaning (9)

03/02/2021

Betsy P.

They were so awesome. Very responsive, convenient, and transparent! I thought they did superior work!

Description of Work
Cleaned and repaired a few rugs, including a family heirloom which was very precious.

Work Completed On 12/02/2020

Thank you!

09/17/2020

Betsy P.

Well, they scheduled time to come pick up the rugs but when we pulled them out they informed me they were too damaged by moths (obviously) to even bother to clean then and helped me throw them out. I was so grateful that they were so honest with me and they helped me get rid of them. I would absolutely go to them again.

Description of Work
persian rugs cleaned

Category carpet cleaners, carpet installation

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

Thank you!

01/15/2020

Susan B.

We had a houseful of oriental rugs that needed to be cleaned and de-mothed. We had spent thousands elsewhere having them cleaned before when we found moths, and thought that would do it, but we found a second infestation. We had them cleaned and treated again, by Kingstowne, then bagged for storage, as we'd be travelling for a couple of years, but decided to put off repairs, just in case (we lost several). But I asked the owner to evaluate them and clean those he thought were worth keeping and repairing, and to ditch the rest. He told me he wouldn't get rid of any of them, that even damaged, they were beautiful rugs and worth keeping. When we later found a couple more, he cleaned them and dropped them at our friend's house, as we had already left the area. Very reasonable (not cheap; cleaning orientals is delicate work), up-front, easy to work with. I absolutely recommend them.

Description of Work
Cleaning numerous oriental rugs, treating for moths and bagging for storage

Work Completed On 01/15/2020

Thank You!

09/10/2018

Adela G.

Very prompt service and delivery.The rug was thoroughly cleaned and the colors were preserved beautifully. The owner took special care to our antique furniture when he laid the carpet down. Excellent services from start to finish. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Persian rug cleaning

Work Completed On 09/10/2018

07/09/2018

Chistina S.

They have been really nice to work with. I will recommend and use them, again.

Description of Work
Rug Cleaning Service

Work Completed On 04/14/2018

06/25/2018

Peter V.

Very responsive, helpful, informative.

Description of Work
Cleaned a variety of rugs and repaired an oriental

Work Completed On 03/01/2018

11/06/2017

Elizabeth D.

They were amazing. Great value, very punctual and polite. They picked up and delivered the rugs. We needed three of them stored until we needed them and they did it without a question. Awesome experience!!

Description of Work
We had four oriental rugs cleaned.

Work Completed On 09/15/2017

10/25/2017

Erin R.

Fantastic. The owner responded to my inquiries immediately, gave me an accurate estimate and picked it up right on time. When the work was done, they delivered it back and even assisted in placement. It looks like new!

Description of Work
I needed an embroidered rug cleaned and repaired, a bit of a tricky job.

Category carpet installation, oriental rug cleaning

Work Completed On 09/18/2017

09/28/2017

Katarina O.

He was responsive, right on time, and did a great job!

Description of Work
Steve cleaned four rugs for us.

Work Completed On 08/28/2017

07/31/2017

Carolyn M.

I was very happy with the service provided. The pick-up went very well, even though there was some heavy furniture that had to be lifted to roll and remove the rugs. The delivery to my new address also went smoothly. The rugs all look great, including removal of a stain that a precious company was not able to remove.

Description of Work
Picked up three area rugs, cleaned and wrapped them, and delivered them to my new address.

Work Completed On 07/14/2017

05/02/2017

William C.

Steve Miller and his company were great. Immediately responsive to our query, full explanation on process and costs. He was punctual on pickup and delivery upon return. We ended up requesting to get the carpets back earlier than originally planned, and they made it happen. Overall, very satisfied- professional, courteous, punctual. Even the dog liked him!

Description of Work
We had 6 carpets picked up, cleaned, some repairs, and returned.

Work Completed On 05/01/2017

05/01/2017

Robert V.

The owner came to pick up my rug the same morning that I first contacted him. Several days later, he gave me a progress report once they started the cleaning process. The job was completed on schedule and at the promised cost. The owner delivered the rug to my house.

Description of Work
Removed a huge stain on a large oriental rug.

Work Completed On 03/18/2017

04/05/2017

Rick S.

They were very good people. I think it took about a week. Very professional.

Description of Work
I used Kingstowne Carpet & Upholstery Cleaning to clean my oriental carpet.

Work Completed On 03/05/2017

02/13/2017

WILLIAM F.

Top notch service and nice people. Will use again.

Description of Work
Cleaned carpeting and rugs

Work Completed On 02/13/2017

02/08/2017

Raymond M.

Very well. Removed even difficult stains.

Description of Work
Cleaning - 6 x 9 Persian carpet

Work Completed On 07/01/2014

01/30/2017

Teresa K.

The work done by Kingstown Carpet is always of the highest quality. This is a business that you can trust!

Description of Work
I have employed Kingstown Carpet several times to clean Oriental rugs. They have done an outstanding job each time, even removing a red wine stain from a valuable carpet that I thought would be a total loss.

Work Completed On 01/30/2017

12/25/2016

Andrew C.

Steve did a great job cleaning my rug. Couldn't find a convenient time for pickup, so I dropped it off. He delivered it to my home when the work was done.

Description of Work
I needed to have a 4' x 6' oriental rug cleaned.

Work Completed On 12/08/2016

11/01/2016

Judy F.

The carpets were picked up from my house on time and returned promptly. They were well cleaned and look great! I highly recommend this vendor. They are friendly and efficient.

Description of Work
I had 3 Oriental rugs cleaned.

Work Completed On 10/17/2016

06/03/2016

Carolyn W.

Steve was professional, helpful, and the rug turned out beautifully! Would definitely use Kingstowne Carpet & Upholstery again!

Description of Work
Cleaned an 8x10 rug.

Work Completed On 05/23/2016

01/04/2016

Sharon M.

They were kind of a disappointment. I reached out to them through Angie's List. They got back to me in about a week and said they were having with their Angie's List connections. Then I gave them my phone number and said please call me, I want to get something done. I did not hear from them so I called them on the phone and left them a message asking them to please call me, but I did not hear from them. I ended up going out and getting a carpet cleaner and doing it myself.

Description of Work
I tried to use Kingstowne Carpet for carpet cleaning.

Work Completed On 10/14/2015

08/04/2015

LISA H.

Update: In the spirit of fairness and professionalism, I am revising my original review. I was contacted by Kingstowne regarding the concern in my original post regarding Kingstowne's responsiveness. I received a genuine apology for communications gone awry. It's rare these days to have a business own up to a shortcoming. It went a long way to elevating them to the top of my go-to service providers and a business I am comfortable recommending. Steven was very responsive and had a great sense of humor. He performed an admirable job on a carpet that had not been cleaned in two years. There were some set in stains he was able to conquer. We did not expect the carpet to look like new; but by the time he was done, it looked very nearly new!

Description of Work
Had the carpet in the family room, approximately 16'x16', cleaned, which had not been cleaned in two years.

Work Completed On 01/15/2015

05/26/2015

Eric K.

Very communicative and punctual, willing to do Saturday pickup and delivery. Carpet well cleaned, which is saying something given it was at least 10 years since it had been done the last time. Would definitely look to them in similar situations.

Description of Work
Cleaned our 8x10 oriental carpet

Work Completed On 02/28/2015