JPS GARAGE DOOR

Founded 2000 • With Angi since June 2010

5646 KATHRYN ST

Alexandria, VA 22303

JP's is a family owned business proudly serving the Washington DC Metropolitan area since 2000 and always dedicated to do a great job for the customers satisfaction. JP's workers are trained to install or repair most brands of garage doors and openers.

08/24/2020

Thomas K.

Great work. On time and job was done efficiently, would recommend them.

Description of Work
Replaced broken spring on garage door and general tuneup of belt, motor etc.

02/20/2020

Jerry D.

It was great. I requested a quote. They came out on Monday. Measured and ordered the door. Came back on Wednesday and installed it. Perfect service.

Description of Work
Garage door needed to be replaced.

01/26/2019

Michael L.

The team were on time, worked quickly, very professional, and did a great job!

Description of Work
Replace broken main spring on garage door

07/17/2018

Crystal T.

Phenomenal! Pedro was so responsive, professional, and courteous. He was able to quickly diagnose the correct part and model from a photo, and stopped by in a thunderstorm to replace the broken garage door spring that trapped the car in the garage - with kids needing to be picked up soon. From the moment the spring broke to the time the work was finished was less than 3 hours. Very impressed with JP's Garage Door knowledge and responsiveness.

Description of Work
Garage Door spring replacement

07/17/2018

Thomas S.

Great work. Quick response to my request for quote. Arrived on time. Completed work quickly and correctly. Very professional.

Description of Work
Repaired broken spring in garage door

05/09/2018

David G.

Bottom Line: This is a reputable company that does quality work for a very reasonable price. Scheduling: Easily scheduled the garage door opener installation through Angie's List messenger service. Company was very responsive. Communication: Good communication as company stayed in contact with me between the time I scheduled and the day of work. Quality of Work: Two technicians worked diligently to install both systems, including main wall pad and two entrance pads. They showed us how to program everything and ensured it all worked before leaving. Pricing: Best deal of any highly rated Angie's List company. I would also note I contacted this company several months later because we were having problems with one of the garage doors refusing to close. I had tried all the manual troubleshooting tips and was ready to pay for a technician. A company representative actually talked me through fixing the issue over Angie’s List chat for FREE! That’s a company you can trust.

Description of Work
Installation of two garage door openers

04/10/2018

Mollie R.

We have used JP’s Garage Doors twice. Once they replaced a broken spring, and the second time they repaired a broken door panel. In both instances, they were knowledgeable and thorough. Excellent workmanship. The price quoted was very reasonable, and I was very impressed by JP’s responsiveness. For both service calls, they offered a same-day repair.

Description of Work
Door repair

04/06/2018

justin G.

Very polite, came in and knocked the job out in around an hour. They did a very clean job and they were very courteous and spent time explaining everything to my wife since I was gone . Very pleased highly recommend

Description of Work
Installed two garage door openers

03/05/2018

Jason P.

JP's was fantastic. They were at my house & had my garage door running again within 2 hours of my initial call. They were extremely courteous & professional. I had gotten over-the-phone estimates from 3 companies and they were the cheapest by $25-$50. They offered a 1-year warranty on the parts and labor and gladly accepted the angieslist coupon, knocking 5% off. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Needed the torsion spring replaced after one snapped

12/19/2017

Jeanne M.

I recently purchased a home in DC with a garage. The previous owners demolished the garage door and were using the space as a carport. I wanted to re-convert it to a true garage by installing a new door, opener and the missing support trim. I called multiple providers for estimates and chose JPS Garage Doors not only because they were reasonably priced, but both father and son were responsive and extremely professional. Their work was high quality and the materials they used were superior. The were also timely; they started when they said they would and finished on time. I have already recommended them to at least 3 other people who were also happy with their service and work.

Description of Work
Garage Door Replacement

07/25/2017

Corine W.

Explained problem, how to maintain opener, and what might happen in the near future. Great at explaining procedures and what repairs will be needed.

Description of Work
Adjusted opener and tuned up garage door

07/15/2017

Tarah M.

JPs Garage Door did a great job! I called Wednesday evening for a quote, Thursday he came to measure and collect a deposit, and Friday my door was installed! The price was very good and the install was speedy. He was professional and arrived to each appointment on time. I would definitely recommend them and use them in the future.

Description of Work
Garage door replacement

06/19/2017

Alonzo F.

Best profesional service we have had in years on the garage door, professional , curtious and efficient.

Description of Work
Rollers need to be changed on the gagrage door.

06/19/2017

Michael K.

It went well - they did a good job.

Description of Work
Install garage door opener

04/10/2017

Maria S.

I called to make an appointment and spoke to Pedro. He told me that they could be there the next day to fix my door. They were punctual, professional and friendly. They fixed the issue with the sensor on my door within a few minutes. Since they still had to charge me the $75 service call, they also offered to perform additional services since they were already there. So they tuned up and lubed the garage door tracks, reprogrammed my smart control panel and keyless entry and tightened the fittings. Excellent customer service so much so that I recommended them to a neighbor on NextDoor. This review was far over due. I highly recommend Pedro and JP's Garage Doors.

Description of Work
I needed service on my garage door sensor, because it wouldn't close properly without holding the button down. It would start to close, then the light would blink 3 times then roll back up

04/04/2017

Clement C.

I placed a call at the "Good Guys" at JPS Garage Door, and they came right on time for the rescue. They replaced the bent garage beam and provided excellent feedback on future repair and or garage door replacement. My garage door is now more responsive than I ever had it. Many thanks to the "Good Guys" At JPS Garage Door.

Description of Work
My garage door wont work accordingly as it came down and goes up almost immediately when the opener was activated.

03/29/2017

robert M.

Very satisfied they did a great job, They were on time and finished within a couple of hours. Very happy with the job.

Description of Work
New Garage door

01/10/2017

Cristina E.

Very well. JPS provided pictures of the completed work.

Description of Work
Garage door was not closing correctly and adjusting the controls on the panel did not correct the problem. JPS installed new pulleys and a new motor. Works great.

12/12/2016

Eric W.

While it was slightly more than I was looking to pay, the services were completed quickly and in good order. Everything works great now.

Description of Work
Garage door opener replacement, door tuneup.

11/30/2016

Margaret R.

I called JPS, and I got an appointment for the next day (right before Thanksgiving). I got a call on the day of my appointment to let me know when they would arrive. They quickly determined that the unit needed replacement. Although they did not have many replacement options with them, they gave me a discounted price (including installation and an extra remote) on one that most closely suited my needs. Pedro Gomez and his assistant were professional and pleasant and did a thorough job. I am thrilled with the new LiftMaster opener, which is much quieter than the old one because it is belt driven, and especially like the feature which turns on the lights on the unit when one enters the garage from the house.

Description of Work
My old Genie garage door opener had stopped working properly, and I needed someone to repair or replace it.

11/18/2016

Maria S.

My garage door was having issues all week with the sensors and wouldn't close using the programmed button in my car, the remote and the keypad. The garage door opener light just kept flashing on and off. I would adjust the sensors, it would work for a while, then it would happen all over again. I called Pedro at JP's Garage Door on Thursday afternoon and he was able to fit me in the very next morning. He showed up on time and his associate was able to fix the door in less than 20 minutes. Fast and friendly service, highly recommend!

Description of Work
Readjust door sensors, increase garage door tension spring, lube the rails, program keypads.

11/13/2016

Laura P.

JPS assessed quickly that only the large springs on each side of the door were worn/broken. They had actually lasted a few years longer than average. The very next day he was back to install them and it was quick, easy and inexpensive. Don't recall price but less than $150.

Description of Work
When my garage door stopped opening & closing properly I dreaded having to replace it all.

10/22/2016

CLARENCETTA J.

I called Mr. Pedro, and explained the problem to him in detail. I had a medical appointment that day and would not be home until the afternoon. He arranged to come to my home between 2-2:30pm, giving me time to get home. He was punctual, evaluated the situation and explained to me what had to be done. I must note we had a dilemma, the door as I mentioned was tucked. Mr. Pedro and his assistant got it open without damaging anything. That is what I called excellent. He replaced worn springs, cable and rollers and also added support to a section. My door works just like new. I would like to add that I had some items stored in my garage that were in the way and perhaps caused the cable problem. It was not apart of their duties, but in order to get to the problem they had to move those items. I am appreciative of that, because I would have had to get someone to come and move these items and that would have caused a delay in the repair. A word of wisdom, try not to have a garage full of clutter-I learned a lesson.

Description of Work
My automatic garage door was stuck and would not go up or down.

09/10/2016

Loken P.

great job! came on time and right away.

Description of Work
fixed garage door. called and got a response ASAP.

09/02/2016

Tonise H.

JPS Garage Door tech came out the next day, assessed the issue, fix the problem within the hour. Very pleased with the service and rate for repairs.

Description of Work
Just closed on my new home and had some damage to one of my garage doors due to squatters when the house was vacant.

Door Doctor Inc

Door Doctor inc. Has been in the garage door business for over twenty years. We are a family owned and operated business, dedicated to the highest quality professional service and complete customer satisfaction. From minor repairs to complete garage door and opener installations, there is no problem too small and no project too big for the door doctor’s team of expert technicians. Door doctor specializes in meeting the increased design and customization needs of carriage house and custom built garage doors. We work in close collaboration with our customers and leading manufacturers to create a unique garage door that will enhance the beauty of any home, with a personal touch. Our detail oriented team is there every step of the way from the initial idea to the installation of the finished product. Award wining.

Award 2022
    Garage Design Source

Garage Design Source is the premier provider flooring, storage and door solutions for your garage and basement. We are a an authorized Gorgeous Garage dealer, offering custom cabinets, overhead racks, shelving and the Monkey Bars storage system. We proudly serve the Northern Virginia, DC metro and outlying areas. We offer a lifetime warranty for both flooring and storage, backed since 2004. We are an independent, owner operated company with full time employees and pride ourselves on top notch customer service. Contact us for your free in-home consultation and let Garage Design Source help you upgrade your garage floor, storage and door.

Offers by Garage Design Source on Angi
    Family Prestige Garage Doors

Family Prestige Garage Doors is a very unique company with high quality and expectations. Our company goal is to put at your service certified technicians willing to assist you with all your needs, We offer you complete security with your homes. In fact, we know and understand all your needs when it comes to garage doors and openers. Will match competitor pricing with written estimate for similar product. Will match competitor pricing with written estimate for similar product. Additional Area served - Stafford & DC. Prince William & Saint Mary's Counties .

Check, Visa, MasterCard, Discover

JP's Garage Doors offers garage doors, garage doors openers, and related garage door repairs on all types of overhead doors and all types of garage door openers on existing homes, condominiums, apartments, commercial buildings, and stand alone garages.