Expert Handyman & Remodeling

Founded 2006 • With Angi since October 2006

If you have been searching for the right local handyman and remodeling company to service your Northern Virginia or DC home, you have come to the right place! Expert Handyman & Remodeling is here to help. Please call us today to schedule your free estimate appointment at (703) 683-1000

Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

4.3

handyman (444)plumbers (99)drywall (95)electrician (75)home remodeling (63)interior painting (59)woodworking (54)basement remodeling (9)marble & granite (1)drain pipe installation (1)door installation (59)lighting (57)

11/22/2022

Meredith S.

Marcello came and quickly managed the projects we had and a few we added at the last minute. Professional and great job done.

Description of Work
Drywall, kitchen sink repair, lighting

Category handyman service

Thank you for this very kind review! We appreciate your business.

10/05/2022

Dianna T.

I am so grateful to Monica for helping me get someone out immediately and to Marcelo for fixing my door. The only accessible door to my condo had warped and wouldn’t close or lock. I needed someone out urgently and y’all delivered. Marcelo did a great job and got it done very quickly. Thanks again!

Description of Work
Door repair

Category appliance repair, doors

Work Completed On 10/05/2022

09/28/2022

Missy S.

Excellent service and staff! We've used Expert Handyman for dozens of projects large and small over the years and can't say enough great things about them. Timely service, skilled technicians, great work and fair prices. Terrific office staff that keep all the trains running on time and budgets in order! We've recommended them countless times to friends and neighbors and would do so again.

Description of Work
Basement remodel, painting, plumbing, electrical & handyman services

Category ceramic tile, closet systems, concrete repair, countertops, drywall, electrician, flooring contractor, picture framing, handyman service, lighting, plastering, plumbing, remodeling, wallpaper removal, water heater repair, replacement windows, pressure washing, woodworking, wrought iron, drain pipe, ceiling fans, marble & granite, interior painters, sewer cleaning, doors, drain cleaning, basement remodeling

Work Completed On 09/28/2022

09/28/2022

Bob V.

I needed some odd and ends taken care of around the house. We spoke to Brittany at the office and the team came out a couple days later and did the work. Turned out great!

Description of Work
House Work

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 09/28/2022

05/06/2022

Jack F.

Work was done all in one day and done very well. The workers cleaned up and left no trace. Would definitely hire this company again!

Description of Work
some carpentry work on garage and front door

Category contractors, gutter repair

Work Completed On 05/06/2022

Thank you so much for the opportunity and kind words!

09/23/2021

Patricia B.

Marcello was courteous, on time, thorough and professional. Very patient and detail oriented. Extremely impressed

Description of Work
Installation of a light fixture ; ceiling drywall replaced and painted; dishwasher fixed

Category appliance repair, drywall, handyman service, lighting, plastering

Work Completed On 09/23/2021

09/22/2021

Nicole G.

William, the technician helping me with a lock project, really did a fantastic job. Our HOA approved my request to install a keypad lock which I thought would be simple and help my tenant when our building has to do things like routine preventative maintenance to plumbing lines. However it turned out that we have a very unusual and specific type of door in our complex, for which only a certain type of more expensive commercial grade lock is compatible. And, that lock required an additional item to program it which had to be special ordered ... you get the idea. After a lot of adventures with sourcing, the door and its new lock are up and running!!

Description of Work
Door Lock Keypad Installation

Category locksmith

Work Completed On 09/22/2021

08/03/2021

Wilma H.

Everything was done satisfactorly. The light could not be fixed. Very satisfied. Saved me a lot of time.

Description of Work
variety of handyman projects: intalling curtain rods, fixing door closer, door handle, door sweep, fix light.

Category handyman service, window treatments

Work Completed On 08/02/2021

07/16/2021

Yukari R.

Marcelo and Marco were professional and punctual. We were having issues with our sink leaking and also needed grout replacement; they did a thorough examination, the issue turned out not to be as serious as we thought it would be, and they completed excellent work, turning around much quicker than we had initially anticipated. Brittany in the office then worked with us to revise and reduce the original quote because the job turned out to be less involved. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Sink repairs

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 07/15/2021

06/01/2021

Thomas E.

Gentlemen was friendly and professional and completed work in a timely manner.

Description of Work
New shelves in bedroom closet and new closet door in living room installed.

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 05/26/2021

05/13/2021

Valerie I.

Great Customer Service and quality of work. From the initial call Brittany made the estimate process very easy and quick. She quickly provided extra documents I needed for my association board. William and Marco showed up on time, quickly assessed the work, organized their plan and got started. William dealt with some very old plumbing to change out a vanity and facets and was a master at ensuring everything went well. Marco installed bathroom lights ensuring they were level and working before finalizing the job. During the work I decided to change what we were doing – a quick call to Brittany and within minutes the new work was quoted and authorized. Marco did great work filling a large hole in the wall after we took out the recessed medicine cabinet. It was in a sheetrock wall which is not easy to work with. He meticulously put in the drywall, taped, spackled and sanded. He did multiple iterations of the spackle and sanding taking no shortcuts. Same thorough work with the painting – primer and final coat. The wall looks great. I highly recommend Expert Handyman, everyone was professional and customer service focused, they did great work at a reasonable price

Description of Work
Replace an old bathroom vanity and facet, replace bathroom lights with new ones, install a new kitchen facet, remove a recessed medicine cabinet, fix the hole in the wall left by the recessed medicine cabinet, hang a mirror

Category drywall, handyman service, lighting, plumbing

Work Completed On 05/13/2021

03/16/2021

Luisa C.

The plumber came exactly on time and quickly diagnosed and repaired a tub leak.

Description of Work
Repaired a tub leak

Category handyman service, plumbing

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

03/16/2021

Jess M.

I started a job that I quickly realized I couldn't finish: removing and replacing old exterior caulk, around some poorly trimmed windows (requiring backer rod to fill the gaps, behind the caulk). I called Expert Handyman in need of help *that day* to at least seal up the window I'd started on - and they were able to send someone out in the afternoon to take care of that. We had a small misunderstanding on the remaining windows - I expected them all to have the caulk removed before recaulking - but when I realized the mistake, the office promptly took steps to fix the problem, and the job was completed well and timely. I loved both the office support, and the guys who came out. Everyone was professional, responsive, and very interested in getting things done well. Very pleased, and very grateful!

Description of Work
Exterior window caulking

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 03/16/2021

02/15/2021

Andrew W.

Very well. They were quick and did an excellent job

Description of Work
Hanging a number of pictures in solid walls

Category appliance repair, handyman service

Work Completed On 02/15/2021

01/20/2021

Greta B.

I highly recommend them! I’ve used this company over a number of years for various repairs, both at our rental live-in properties. Every job is done professionally, thoroughly, and at extremely good prices. They are knowledgeable and, best of all, can make a plan when things don’t go as planned. They just completed a wonderful facelift to our entrance hall, kitchen and an exceptional bathroom renovation! It is picture perfect and we couldn't be happier.

Description of Work
Remodeling, general repairs, basement re-grading

Category ceramic tile, countertops, drywall, electrician, handyman service, lighting, plumbing, deck cleaning, ceiling fans, home remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

01/19/2021

Howard M.

The whole project with 'Expert Handyman & Remodeling' can be summed up by three Ss .... simplicity (contacting/arranging quote and visit); swiftness (appointment made for the the next day - prompt arrival - work carried out very quickly and smoothly); and a SUPER-DUPER result. The mantelpiece looks a dream! HUGELY impressed and 'Expert Handyman & Remodeling' are now in our speed dial!!! HOWARD M. - Old Town Greens, Alexandria, VA 22314

Description of Work
Fix a heavy iron mantelpiece above the fireplace to protect the TV above from the heat

Category handyman service, wrought iron

Work Completed On 01/19/2021

Review for Expert Handyman & Remodeling - 300 Montgomery St, Alexandria, VA - 39144279

01/08/2021

Kathy T.

Exceptional. They were professional and prompt, listened to me and discussed what would be best. Then got right to work. Technician Marcelo was just outstanding. He was knowledgable and his work product was absolutely perfect. Very reasonably priced, as well. Thank you to Marcelo and Expert Handyman - they're the best!

Description of Work
electric outlet repair and drywall repair

Category appliance repair, drywall, electrician

Work Completed On 01/05/2021

12/04/2020

Peggy M.

Marcelo arrived promptly and gave me the details of the job to be done. He was careful to keep the porch and foyer dust and paint free. The doors were painted beautifully!

Description of Work
paint double front doors; inside and out

Category house painters, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

11/12/2020

Jake S.

All went great! Marcello and Marcos were courteous, professional, and hard-working. Both drywall and painting were done very well. We are quite pleased!

Description of Work
We had a nasty water leak that destroyed our laundry room ceiling along with the tenant apartment ceiling. We had drywall and painting done.

Category drywall, home security systems, interior painters

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/12/2020

Faheem A.

Excellent, staff was timely and worked extremely professionally taking all the necessary public health safety measures to keep my family and me safe! I highly recommend them to anyone who needs ANY repairs or installations done.

Description of Work
Handymen

Category drywall, handyman service, plastering

Work Completed On 10/11/2020

09/30/2020

Courtney B.

Incredible group of professionals from start to finish. Couldn’t be more pleased with the end result, and would highly recommend this company! Thank you Expert Handyman for all you did to make my remodel as easy as possible!

Description of Work
New flooring, paint, and stain and paint staircase

Category handyman service, remodeling, interior painters

Work Completed On 10/08/2020

07/13/2020

Rickey H.

The garage racks were installed and looked good. The issue is they quoted me one price (two men for a two hours) after providing detailed descriptions of what was to be installed and where. The first individual showed up and i showed him where I wanted the racks installed and he got to work. The second guy (yeah remember they quoted me two guys) showed up about 45 minutes later and he immediately comes to tell me the guy from dispatch is trying to get in touch with me so I give him a call. It never occurred to me to ask the first technician who had been there working already if the guy had tried to reach me by calling him since he was at my house working. I give him a call and he tells me the quote is wrong because they underestimated the job. Oh, did i tell you i had given them a deposit already? He said the job was going to take an additional two hours and i could either pay for it or they couldn't do the job......even though now i have the rack pieces scattered over my garage. He eventually "cut me a deal" by only charging me one hour of additional labor. Well, the guy who showed up late, he came and asked to use my bathroom after about 40 minutes.....and 10 minutes later...he left!!!! Of course two hours would not suffice if one guy comes almost an hour late and then leaves a hour before the other guy who eventually completed the job. I just checked my invoice and noticed a $25 fee on the invoice. They said this fee is added "just in case" all of the parts aren't there and the technician has to go out and purchase something extra. Well they didn't purchase anything extra and didn't refund me the $25. I'm calling them now.

Description of Work
I required two garage racks to be mounted on the ceiling of the garage.

Category home & garage organization