Area Safe & Lock Service

Founded 1970 • With Angi since September 2006

3301 Mount Vernon Ave

Alexandria, VA 22305

Family owned and operated, we offer residential and commercial locksmith services. From high security locks to safes and vaults, we are here to keep your home or business secure. Our lock and key services include repairs, replacements and more. If you're in need of emergency lockout services, call us!...

05/30/2020

Marilee R.

Erwin was excellent to work with. We thought we needed a simple rekey job, but the internal mechanism was bent. With our approval, he went out and got new hardware. He replaced and finished the job the same afternoon. Great job.

Description of Work
Rekey of door lock

Category locksmith,doors

10/09/2019

Manik S.

Fast, professional, and friendly service. We were very impressed with the outstanding customer service by Jim Dunlap. Thank you, ASL/Jim!

Description of Work
Locksmith.

09/11/2019

Christopher C.

Perfectly, door now operates as it is supposed to.

Description of Work
Latch on front door wouldn't release. Technician had to repair Baldwin thumblatch . The entire handle was loose had to reinstall and tighten all screws.

06/02/2019

Karen H.

Love this company! I highly recommend them. Everyone I talked to was professional, knowledgeable, and very nice. Moved into a new home and needed the locks rekeyed, some replaced, a new set up put on my front door (they even found and replaced an old handle that I could not find so that it matched everything new), and replaced an old doorknob/deadbolt lock set for another external door. Even came back after my security system was installed to tweak one of the locks so that it lined up perfectly with the rest of my system.

Description of Work
Rekeying locks, installation of new door sets

03/14/2019

Charles F.

This is a great company. I had never used them so they were new to me. They called before they came to give me an alert. They were well on time and did the work in a very timely setting. The installer was very friendly and helpful. I would use them again in a second.

Description of Work
Re-keyed a number of doors and locks.

Category locksmith,doors

12/27/2018

Dana K.

The locksmith arrived on time, quickly identified the problem, and changed out the lot. All in all, it was as painless as possible.

Description of Work
Replace a door lock.

11/30/2018

Alberto G.

The tech was quick to diagnose the unusual issue and its possible causes. He entertained many questions while laying out my options without trying to up-sell at any point. He designed a creative, long-term solution that avoided my having to buy a new lock mechanism. Exceptionally ethical service. Will recommend highly.

Description of Work
Door lever not engaging with mechanism

07/31/2018

Betsy P.

It went great! I spoke to Robin and found her to be nothing short of awesome! Great attitude, personable, and very professional! She set everything up for me and made me feel so much better. They sent Daren to me that same afternoon to fix the door for me. He arrived right in the window Robin told me, and he fixed it super quickly! Great experience, great response, great people, and super happy with the service we got today! Thank you Area Safe & Lock Service!

Description of Work
Lock replacement/repair

04/16/2018

Armeane C.

I have used this company many times. There work has been exceptional, their professionalism is superb and I will continue using them. I strongly recommend this company for all lock work.

Description of Work
Installing electronic lock.

01/09/2018

Kim B.

Conrad was very good, helpful, kind and early. The appointment was for 1-3pm but he was about a half hour early. He was very professional and he answered any question I threw at him. Putting the lock on the door was more of a problem than he anticipated, which was no surprise to me considering the condition of the door and frame. I need a new door and frame but for now Conrad made it so that we can at least lock our door until the replacement is possible. I don’t know the woman’s name who took my call but she was awesome. She was helpful, humorous and very professional but spoke to me as though she cared and as though she knew me. I appreciate their quick service, as it was an urgent matter. I would definitely recommend this company and if one can get Conrad, do. Thank you Area Safe & Lock Service.

Description of Work
Needed new locks on front door.

Capitol Locksmith Inc.

Your One Stop Shop for your residential and commercial needs. Offering the DMV area Locksmith installation and repairs,residential cleaning,commercial cleaning, handyman services, interior and exterior painting. Free estimates and quotes. No job or task is small or large enough for us. We work around what your budget is without compromising good honest quality work. Cash and Checks accepted. Payment Installments depending on job price amount.

DC Locksmith Squad

CALL NOW AT (202) 899-7726! DC LOCKSMITH SQUAD OFFERS 24/7 EMERGENCY LOCKSMITH SERVICES FOR RESIDENTIAL COMMERCIAL AND AUTOMOTIVE, AS WELL AS MAINTENANCE. DC Locksmith Squad is one of the most high rated DC locksmith, we are experienced, reliable and affordable. We offer 24 hour emergency locksmith service, and our ETA is usually 15 minutes. If you’re looking for a reliable locksmith in DC, we are here for you 24/7!

Zee Locksmith

Zee locksmith is specialized in all types of locks for your home doors, windows, closets, safes. Zee locksmith installs and repair locks and keys. If you lost keys, want to re-key, make new key, break or open any lock just let us know.

11-5697
    Virginia
    Virginia Department of Criminal Justice Services
    10/31/2022

Residential & Commercial Locksmith. Keying, Safe/Vault and Mortise Service.