Landmark Home Warranty

Founded 2004 • With Angi since September 2013

4.1

10701 S River Front Pkwy #200

South Jordan, UT 84095

Landmark Home Warranty is a publicly held company committed to offering the highest level of service for all of your home warranty needs....

03/23/2022

Jordan B.

My water heater broke and needs replacement. I filed a claim with Landmark nine days ago. They first company they sent out didn't even show up. The second company the following day recommended a complete replacement. I've received no updates or communications from Landmark. I had to call in today to find out they haven't even authorized the purchase of the water heater. Based on other reviews and this timeline I could go without hot water for a month. I really don't understand paying for a home warranty when repairs take this long. Hot water is a necessity so you think Landmark would hustle to make sure this is corrected, however, they feel the lackadaisical approach is the most appropriate course of action. It's almost like they don't care at all about their customers. From my experience their business model is to take your money and then eventually down the road they might fix the issues within your home.

Description of Work
Water Heater

Category appliance repair

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction is our top priority, and to service our valued members as quickly as possible, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have confirmed the replacement of your water heater has been completed. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

07/16/2021

Ashit S.

I apologies for providing long review, but PLEASE read once if you want to save money and most importantly mantel stress and tortured by Landmark. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. SAVE YOURSELF A MENTAL STRESS AND TORTURED BY LANDMARK. Terrible company. Terrible customer service. Terrible process they have. (They cheat customers). They don’t care for fixing issues quickly. My A/C is down from 06/17/2021 till today 07/16/2021 (almost a month and not fixed yet and don’t know when it will be). By the way the issue can be fixed within 24 hours by any HVAC contractor if you hire them outside of Landmark warranty. So here the story… 1- Blower wheel of our A/C broke on 06/17/2021. We created a service request with Landmark. 2- Contractor took 2 days. He came on 06/19/2021 and took pictures of broken part. Told us that he will submit these pictures to Landmark for review to check if it is covered or not in warranty. Landmark will order the part if it is covered. 3- Landmark took 11 days (06/19 to 06/30) to review the pictures and to place the order for broken part. On 06/30/2021 they placed order only because I kept calling them for follow-up every other day between 06/17th and 06/30th. Landmark told me that they ordered the part from manufacturer (Carrier) and they don’t know when part will arrive. 4- I kept calling Landmark for next 13 days to get the status of ordered part, but no customer representative can give me clear answer. 5- When I called Landmark on 07/13/2021, customer representative told me that now part is available at local Carrier store and local Carrier store will call contractor to pick up the part. But not ETA. 6- Today is 07/16/2021 (3 days after part is available at local Carrier store), still no words from contractor to schedule the repair. So, I called Landmark again and customer representative told me they don’t know when it will be fixed. ----- BOTTOM LINE ---- 1- Tomorrow will be 1-month anniversary of my broken A/C. So, is it worth to pay Landmark for warranty service? NO. 2- During this month, I called other two local HVAC contractors to check if they have part available and when they can fix it. Both told me that they can come and fix next day. So, is it worth to pay Landmark for warranty service and wait for month to NOT get thing fixed when you can get it fix sooner? NO. 3- During this month, I made at least 15 calls to Landmark for follow-up and status check to make sure that things are moving. I also had an opportunity to talk with supervisor once. But unfortunately, his attitude was like THIS IS WHAT IT IS. You have to leave with it instead of helping to escalate issue. So, is it worth to pay Landmark for this type of customer service? NO. 4- Most of all, we have gone thru **** dealing with Landmark. It felt like we are paying them to get tortured. So, is it worth to pay Landmark for warranty service to get tortured? DEFINETLY NO.

Description of Work
A/C repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand. Customer satisfaction and servicing our valued homeowners as quickly as possible is our top priority, and we sincerely regret the frustration. We have confirmed repairs are complete and cooling restored to your home. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

06/25/2021

Andrea P.

We just started with Landmark Home Warranty and the first claim they would not pay at all even though their contract should have covered it. Now we have a problem without our fridge and have been without for 1 1/2 weeks. They never respond on the phone or email. Our claim has been floating around in their trash basket for a few days now. We are put on endless holds of hours and they do not call back even if they say they will when you leave a callback number. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!! Terrible customer service. Happy to charge you money and not provide what they promise.

Description of Work
Fix Refrigerator

Category appliance repair

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review your situation firsthand and being so receptive to our phone call. Our top priority is customer satisfaction, and we sincerely regret the frustration. Please know we have confirmed a check has been processed on your behalf for the kitchen refrigerator repairs. Thank you again for your consideration and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

12/14/2020

Jenay P.

I wish I could give 0 stars. Review: Landmark is the worst home warranty you can find. We have been without heat or AC since the end of October. It is mid December. Our poor animals and humans in our home are FREEZING. Landmark is waiting on a part from their distributor and we were promised it AROUND December 10th. We have been given the runaround with Landmark. Friday 12/11 we called dozens of times and left call back numbers and had someone even say they’d call us back. That never happened. We were supposed to *hopefully* have the part by Friday, December 10th so all we wanted was an update. Well come to find out the part might not be in until JANUARY 11th. We have had no heat or AC since the end of October. Our dogs, ourselves and our CHILD have had no heat in our home. It is mid-December. It is freezing. I’m surprised our pipes haven’t burst. About 2-3 weeks ago they offered us a “pay out” and would send us a check with what they would cover and we would cover the rest. We considered it but we would have to pay almost DOUBLE to what we agreed upon. The funny part is the AC/Heat company they have contracted to do the job HAS THE PART and could do the job TOMORROW. But noooo Landmark wants to take the cheap route and wait for their distributor almost 3 months out since we lost heat/AC. This is neglectful. Also, you might suggest “try to call Landmark”. LOL. We have waiting on hold for up to 2 hours and then finally it will tell you to leave a call back number and they never call. There are no working emails (or representatives choose not to reply) and no way to directly contact anyone via phone. My advice: do not even waste your time considering Landmark.

Description of Work
AC/Heat Repair

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Thank you for bringing this information to our attention and allowing Landmark the opportunity to review the situation firsthand, and also being receptive to our calls. Our top priority is customer satisfaction and providing timely service, and we apologize for the frustration regarding the longer than usual hold times and delay in sourcing the replacement equipment for the heating system. We are happy to confirm the system has been replaced and heating restored to the home. Please be assured Landmark has processed a check on your behalf to apply towards the replacement. Thank you again for your patience and consideration, and allowing Landmark the opportunity to serve you. Landmark Home Warranty

11/19/2020

Matthew J.

In March of 2020, I submitted a claim. Landmark sent a repairman who lived over 2hr's away. He told me it wouldn't be worth his time to fix it, and he only took this request to continue his contact with Landmark. The claim was approved for nearly six months, yet they did nothing. Each time I contacted Landmark, I was told it was approved to be fixed, the part was located, and had Landmark representatives supposedly bring this issue to supervisors and managers' attention, etc. After Landmark did not attempt to communicate, six months after being approved, the claim was rejected without justification. Then for some unknown reason, Landmark required me to submit a home inspection to prove the issue in question was in working order when I purchased the home. It begs to question, why wasn't this request made when I contacted them multiple times in April, May, June, July, or even August? In the end, I put my faith in a company that wants to find a way out. The length of time it took this company to do anything, the multiple attempts to get the issue at hand resolved, the numerous hours on hold and their attempt to work around completing their end of the bargain is ridiculous at best. After giving up on Landmark, I called a local contractor and had everything fixed within a week for less than $200. Now they want fee’s collected for services that weren’t completed because they failed. Please don't waste your time; the company it's nothing more than a scam.

Description of Work
Whirlpool Bath Pump

Category appliance repair,plumbing,home warranty companies,warranty companies

10/31/2020

Jesse B.

Terrible experience. I called my own contractor because there was only one in my area listed as a certified tech for my tankless water heater brand. That was a mistake, because now this company will not help cover the cost of the replacement. I didn’t follow their process exactly was their response even though I had the only certified tech do the analysis and work. Seems like this is their business model. They were also very slow at getting back to me. Poor poor poor customer service. I will not be promoting this company to anyone. Seems like there are a lot of us out here with poor experiences. Very sad.

Description of Work
Water Heater replaced

Category appliance repair,water heater repair,home warranty companies

07/31/2020

John A.

I had Landmark for 3 years and every time I had a pool issue, it was a nightmare to work with them. Most of the time they had no contacts for pool repair, and I had to find someone myself. Then, after the repairs, they would decline to cover the cost. Avoid them!

Description of Work
Pool repair

Category pool cleaners

06/16/2020

John R.

My Service Request number is 1909056. We have a Plumbing issue. ******* Plumbing came on May 29th. They have submitted everything on their end and we have yet to hear from you on approval of the claim more than 2 weeks later. We have emailed, called 3 times and waited on hold for a combined 4 hours without being able to talk to someone who can move this issue forward. We have left call back numbers, been hung up on (I do not believe this was intentional, but they did not use my callback number), and I am currently on hold now. Thus the three separate calls needed. This is more than a little frustrating, my wife and I are very upset with the poor service and response time. Additionally, I performed an experiment by calling to "Purchase a New Warranty". My call was answered in less than a second. Unfortunate they do not staff to take care of existing customers, but are able to immediately get new customers in the fold.

Description of Work
Plumbing Services

Category plumbing,home warranty companies

08/23/2019

Mike S.

Refused to cover repair if covered part even they replaced part previously. Denied they repaired existing tub valve.

Description of Work
bath tub valve

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,home warranty companies

Dear [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear about your experience with your plumbing service request. I would like to review your request in detail to better address your concerns. Please reach out to me directly at customerrelations@landmarkhw.com. Sincerely, Tiffany Nguyen Customer Relations Manager customerrelations@landmarkhw.com

02/21/2018

cindy M.

After calling and calling and calling landmark and not getting anyone to come out for a leak that was ruining my ceiling, I finally called the HVAC that put in the system and paid an extra fee for their service guy to come out and unplug an overflow pipe that was causing the leak. Landmark finally called me back on Tuesday and their contractor that was supposed to call me back on Saturday had never called. Additionally their prices keep going up and their service charge is an automatic $100 taken out of your checking account before the contractor even calls you back. And they also Just increased their monthly and yearly costs. The service people they get do not like working for them and do not always do a good job. And I can’t blame them because I didn’t like dealing with him either and they don’t get the work done and they don’t care whether they get the work done.

Description of Work
There was a leak in upper ceiling and after calling landmark several times on Friday they did not call me back until Tuesday. It was a bad leak and emergent but apparently not for landmark.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Hello [Member Name Removed], I am sorry to hear of your experience and appreciate you taking the time to leave your feedback. I'd like to discuss the details of your service request in private. I see there was a dispute on the service call fee and that you had requested for the service request to be cancelled. The service call fee is a required fee to have a contractor out to your home to diagnose your concerns. There is an option to pay a lesser amount for your service call fee, it would result in a higher monthly/yearly cost. Please reach out to me at customerrelations(at)landmarkhw.com. I will be able to go into more detail and appropriately address your concerns. I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you, Tiffany Nguyen Customer Relations Manager