Precision Pools & Spas

Founded 1997 • With Angi since July 2008

426 W Universal Cir

Sandy, UT 84070

We are a full service swimming pool & spa company. We have our own in house plastering and tile crew which will save time and misunderstandings during the construction or remodeling process of your pool. By doing this, sub contractors are held to a bare minimum. The president of the company holds a

09/18/2020

Ken F.

Still waiting for someone to return our call. (801) 554-5299 or (801) 550-1866 Need hot tub repair!!

Description of Work
No one ever returned our call -- no appointment yet !!!

Category concrete repair

09/16/2020

Lesley G.

Very punctual and effienct.

Description of Work
Spa service

Category concrete repair, pool cleaners

Thank you for the opportunity of doing business with you, we appreciate your review.

07/30/2020

J P.

The woman in the office that I made the appointment with was very professional and friendly. She quickly made an appointment for the following day. The technician Paul was right on time and called to confirm he was coming. He was very knowledgeable and educated us on our hot tub. He was very friendly with my family. We had our old hot tub up and running very quickly and professionally. The service was a good value and less than we expected to pay. Paul’s service was amazing and we would definitely use Precision pools again. I feel like he was honest and thorough and didn’t try to fix things or sell us things we didn’t need.

Description of Work
Check on a hot tub that hadn’t been used for about years

Category concrete repair, pool cleaners

Thanks for the review, it was a pleasure doing business with you.

05/17/2020

Michele B.

Excellent. All is in working order!

Description of Work
Electrical work on nozzles for my splash pad

Category pool cleaners

Thanks for the review [Member Name Removed], I am glad we were able to help you out. Doug

11/20/2019

Roxanne C.

He didn't return our call to give us a bid.

Description of Work
Pool repair

Category concrete repair, plastering, pool cleaners

[Member Name Removed], after checking all of our phone record history and our Angie'[Member Information Removed] List requests, we don't have a record of you contacting us. If you would like to give us a call I will be happy to come out and give you a bid on what you need done. It is not our practice to not reply to requests so this review puzzles me. Doug 801-685-2212

04/04/2018

vincenzo M.

It was a complicated fix, since I tried to start up my hot tub in mid December, and I did it all wrong...froze some pipes and valves. They came out quickly Christmas week and did the repairs needed to prevent further damage, then fixed it completely soon thereafter (needed to order parts). Their office staff and the repair tech were excellent! We would use them again.

Description of Work
repair hot tub

11/27/2017

Jeremy R.

Good - showed up on time and not too expensive

Description of Work
Hottub repair

08/28/2017

Sharlene L.

Did a great job opening the pool and cleaning it.

Description of Work
Opening pool

09/23/2015

Linda K.

Doug came out, gave me a bid for the work and we scheduled for couple weeks later. I had to drain the pool down 36" before work started and that took about 40 hours total. Two workers arrived morning of day scheduled, and took down the slide and jack hammered the concrete down 36" around the current 32 year old skimmer. (I had leak detection come out first and he felt a crack and tested with dye at he bottom of the skimmer). Next day two different workers came and cut the Slide Water valve over by the pump, capped them, and poured new concrete around new skimmer. They had suggested we cap that in case someone who buys my home later may want to reinstall a slide or water toy. Third day I could start filling back up, and two came and refinished the top of the concrete deck where slide posts and water supply had been. I am very satisfied as my pool was built in 1983 and the plumbing under the deck itself is not viewable. My pool is working good now, my suction for my vacuum is twice what it was so obviously the tiny 3" long crack they fixed (I saw the piece) was responsible for slow loss of water level and also had slowed the vacuum. Very reasonable and accommodating, and I have scheduled them to close my pool this year. Highly recommend Doug AND his employees.

Description of Work
Replaced skimmer and removed slide into pool

Category pool cleaners, swimming pools

06/12/2015

Sharlene L.

They arrived on time, which I really appreciate. The pool was opened without any problems and they replaced a broken part. They also did a good job with the initial cleaning.

Description of Work
Opened pool and did initial cleaning

10/21/2014

Janice G.

He showed up on time, called me as he was on his way, and did a great job. Very friendly, answered questions I had about pools in general.

Description of Work
Backwashed DE filter and closed pool for season

07/04/2014

Joseph B.

We recently purchased a house that included a hot tub that needed repair. On two service visits, Precision Poll and Spas was able to repair and open our hot tub all for a reasonable price. Great response time and professionalism. I would recommend to anyone with a pool or hot tub.

Description of Work
Started hot tub and repaired leak

11/20/2013

Janet B.

They responded to my call quickly and on time. However after that, everything went downhill. I have the sense that swimming pools are their thing and that hot tubs are not something they deal with often The technician was courteous and took my calls. The problem was in how long it took for him to get back to me. I had contacted him the week before, he had come out to see what the problem was, then I didn't get a call back or an update from anyone until I called back to inquire. I was concerned about the technician's experience when he didn't get the information from my hot tub manual on parts. When I finally received a call back about the part that needed to be installed and the price, I was concerned and asked him to tell me exactly what part had malfunctioned. Within 30 minutes I had looked up the part number in my manual, goggled the number and found the site where the warranty parts specific for my hot tub was and the cost. Because of the difference in price and my uncertainty that they were getting the right part, I called the technician back to request that he double check that they were getting the right part and gave him the part number. I also asked him to let me know if I should have him come out to drain the hot tub (which was now a cold tub) to prevent the pipes from freezing as the weather was dropping to 20 degrees over the weekend on 2 consecutive nights. I did not hear from him that day and was leaving the next day at noon. I finally called them back the next morning and let them know that I would have my electrician do the repair and I would order the part directly. My husband came up with a strategy to keep the pipes from freezing and we left on our trip. When I hire a professional, I don't expect to have to chase them for information or service. Thus, I have decided that I would not use them for the on-going service on the hot tub or the swimming pool in the summer. I need someone I can depend on without constant follow up.

Description of Work
A technician did a service call to look at the issue in the hot tub and promised to let me know the repair costs. It was a constant follow up on my part and I never did get a final answer. I requested that they send me an invoice for the initial visit. I have not seen an invoice as yet. The cost of service call is what I was originally quoted. I chose another direction to get the repair completed and will use a different provider for the continued service on the hot tub and swimming pool.

06/30/2013

Marilyn L S.

I thought he would help clean the pool.

Description of Work
Told us what we should do. Very basic.

Category pool cleaners

This stems from a special that was run on Angies List for spring pool opening. The coupon states the specific items that are covered for the discounted price. Cleaning the pool was not included but would be performed for an additional charge if the service tech was asked to include it. We apologize for the misunderstanding that was created by the coupon deal.

06/25/2013

Michael C.

The Tech. was nice, professional and honest. he told me what brand, model and cost for the heater he would replace the worn out water heater with and did not charge me for coming out to look at it, but when I called there office, it went to voice mail. I left a message, but they never called me back. I found the brand and model on line. bought it and put it in myself. I saved $1000 over what the tech said they would do it for.

Description of Work
Diagnosed a bad water heater at no cost, but did not call back when I called to talk to them about it.

05/09/2013

Michelle G.

They were prompt and on time for the repair work. They communicated openly and honestly about what they were doing and why and they were also able to give recommendations with good, better, best solutions. To repair the leak, they had to take out the spa filtering system; bust through the concrete floor of the pool house and dig down between 4-5 feet. They found the clay pipe holder had failed and all the dirt/rocks/material came directly onto the pipes which caused them to crack and some had holes about the size of a quarter. Very messy. They are squeezing our repair work in amongst other jobs so we can open our pool by Memorial day weekend. We would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They were contracted to repair the spa for our HOA. They blew out the bubblers and repaired the leak.

10/06/2012

Jeff S.

They opened our pool for the season and provided very helpful insights on how to operate the pool cleaning equipment at maximum efficiency. We were pleased with their service!

Description of Work
They opened our pool for the season

10/01/2012

Lawrence B.

We were very pleased with their performance.

Description of Work
Precision Pools serviced our pool with cleaning and chemicals. They came when they said they would, were efficient at cleaning the pool and left the pool sparkling.

07/12/2012

Rose T.

From the first phone call to the company to the actual day of the service, they were prompt and curteous. We will be using Precision for other services required for our pool.

Description of Work
Brent came by and was very patient and knowledgable about the pool equipment. We are first-time pool owners and he was very helpful in teaching us all the different aspects of cleaning, back washing the filter, chemicals, testing, etc. Our appointment was supposed to be for 2 hours and he stayed much longer. We were more than satisfied with the level of service and professionalism.

07/06/2012

Maura N.

Very well. Looking forward to a continuing relationship with this company.

Description of Work
Had a long standing appointment to open our pool from Aquatech. Not only did they fail to show, they never returned any of our phone calls to reschedule. Percision returned our call, came the next day and put us into a "Pool Opening" slot within a week. (the cost was much better than Aquatech as well). We are vey happy with Percision and have them to do our weekly pool maintenance.

02/28/2012

shele U.

We had a blizzard yesterday, and they are still working today. They are a great company. They are still doing the work on the job. Doug is the contact name that I have been working with. Doug met with all of our family. He returned my phone calls promptly.

Description of Work
They are currently building a custom in the ground swimming pool at our home.

12/20/2011

Ryan A.

I spent around $150 to $200. I thought it was well priced. From start to finish, the work went quite well. Their efficiency was good. They said they would do it at shop, and they got it done in shop. It was of a cheaper rate, and it was done the next day. I installed the repaired motor myself. I would use them again in the future.

Description of Work
I used Precision Pools & Spas 1 month ago. They repaired a frozen motor on my pump.

11/11/2011

Craig D.

Still a work in progress, but so far I'm very impressed with this company.

Description of Work
Hot tub had not operated for 1 year ... through one Utah winter. Thought it was a lost cause. Called Quality for an inspection. This was done, valve replaced has worked for a couple of weeks ..... now having some continuing troubles, and not surprised at that. They've been back once on short notice, and are very responsive to fixing the problem. A tough one at that.

07/03/2011

Nancy D.

Sorry if I get carried away here but I am just too impressed with Precision Pools & Spas to simply make a note on how well they did! I didn't have to worry about giving Precision Pools a down payment and then not having them show up, they didn't even ask me for a down payment! Our pool was built in the late 60's and had already been re-plastered once and re-tiled twice. I was tired of fixing the tile every spring and the coping from the previous pool company could be pulled up by hand so I decided to have the pool stripped and the problems fixed. I call three pool companies to give me bids for the demolition, new plaster, coping, and new tile. Two of the companies I found in the phone book and Precision Pool & Spa I found on Angie's List. Of the two in the phone book one responded fairly quick and the other (after two calls) called back after the job was underway. Precision Pools called back within a day. I needed the bid broken down into the major items because I was going to be doing some of the work. Precision Pools was the only one to give me a bid that was what I wanted, was within reason cost wise, and that was flexible enough for me to work with. Doug Heer, owner of the company, brought up all the different division heads to look at the pool so they would know exactly what they would be dealing with. I talked with all the people about what I wanted and the pros and cons of the job. During this process Doug gave me the bid for the job and brought samples of the tile and plaster for us to chose from. Doug gave me a date that they could start the demolition for old plaster and a time frame of how long it would take. I might add that I checked with my neighbor who was in the process of having the same thing done. Their pool reconstruction was already underway. They told me who they had selected and how happy they were with them. Doug at Precision told me they had also bid on my neighbors job but didn't get the job. I am now swimming in my pool and my neighbors pool is still in the same condition as it was when I ask who was doing their job. Services performed included removal of old tile and two layers of plaster down to the gunite. Cutting bond beam for new coping and installing new coping. A new brown coat for the tile bed and new plaster for the pool. The morning they were supposed to start a crew showed up about 9:00am and went right to work. This was during the crappy time of spring which was more like winter but the demo crew, rain suits and all went right to work. The next part involved cutting down the old bond beam so a new one could be poured. Because all the equipment need to do this was already on the job site it was done the next day. They following day the crew doing the coping was on site about 9:00am to install the forms needed to pour the concrete for the coping. The next day Dave, coping guy, showed up bright and early and by the end of the day the coping was done. Next day the crew showed up removed the forms, cut the expansion joints, and sealed the coping. We didn't care for any of the normal pool tile samples, they just didn't go with our yard so I told Doug Heer I would be trying to find my own tile. What I found was a pebble tile which would look great. Doug had his regular guy come up and look at the tile sample and he gave us the ok on it. After I got the tile it was so heavy I wasn't sure it could be hung without slumping. I talked with Doug about my concerns and he ended up bring in a specialist who had used this type of tile before, just to make sure there were no problems. I was impressed! A few bad days of weather and a weekend went by and Clint Seeley showed up to put the brown coat on for the tile. When it was time to lay the tile I went over with Clint exactly how I wanted the tile. When it came time to tile the Jacuzzi and steps I was in the trenches with him and actually laid the tile on the steps. We had a wait of one week for the plaster because other jobs were in front of us. Doug told me the plaster crew would show up towards the end of next week. Thursday came and a crew showed up to pressure clean the pool. They told me they'd be back at 7:30 the next morning. The waste containers showed up by 6am. And the Plaster crew was there by 7:00. One day of plastering and one day of touch up and cleanup and I was filling my pool with water. One thing I really liked was that there was no evidence that I had any work done. No excess material left on the job, no damage from the work crews, no food wrappers from lunches etc. This was not normal. The last time I had the pool done the work crew left their excess coping and mortar buried in my compost pile! My hats off to the guys at Precision!

Description of Work
Our pool was built in the late 60's and had already been re-plastered once and re-tiled twice. I was tired of fixing the tile every spring and the coping from the previous pool company could be pulled up by hand so I decided to have the pool stripped and the problems fixed. I called three pool companies to give me bids for the demolition, new plaster, coping, and new tile. Two of the companies I found in the phone book. Of the two in the phone book one responded fairly quick and the other (after two calls) called back after the job was underway. Precision Pool & Spa I found on Angie's List, they called back within a day. I needed the bid broken down into the major items because I was going to be doing some of the work. Precision Pools was the only one to give me a bid that was what I wanted, was within reason cost wise, and that was flexible enough for me to work with. Doug Heer, owner of the company, brought up all the different division heads to look at the pool so they would know exactly what they would be dealing with. I talked with all the people about what I wanted and the pros and cons of the job. During this process Doug gave me the bid for the job and brought samples of the tile and plaster for us to chose from. Doug gave me a date that they could start the demolition for old plaster and a time frame of how long it would take. I might add that I checked with my neighbor who was in the process of having the same thing done. Their pool reconstruction was already underway. They told me who they had selected and how happy they were with them. Doug at Precision told me they had also bid on my neighbors pool but didn't get the job. I am now swimming in my pool and my neighbors pool is still in the same condition as it was when I ask who was doing their job.

Category plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

07/29/2008

Peter C.

We were very pleased. The service was excellent.

Description of Work
We had a 50 year old pool that needed a major overhaul. Precision Pools put new pipes, plaster, tile, deck, pool light, and an automatic vacuum system. They reinstalled the pool equipment and Pool heater into our new pool house. They coordinated the installation with my builder, and excavation company that essentially redid my back yard pool. It looks beautiful, like we built a new pool.

Category decks, plastering, pool cleaners, swimming pools

Blue Dawn Painting & Drywall

We are a family owed company with many years of experience. We are clean, drug free, fast, reliable, and we make sure that the job is done right. We don't believe in taking short cuts, we do all it takes to make sure the job is being done right, even if that means taking the long way. We make sure that your drywall is paint ready.

Offers Coupon

Reyes Drywall

We specialize in drywall and sheetrock installs, repairs, finishing, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today

I&R Drywall Services LLC.

I&R Drywall Services LLC. specializes in the installation of drywall to cover any wall, ceiling, including other spaces in homes or businesses. We measure and cut boards to fit specific and fitted spaces by keeping in mind any accommodations for any electrical, plumbing and other work that may be needed to initiate the finalization of any construction needs. We are a small family owned business with focus on the importance of quality. Determined to provide a product worth finishing, paving the way for a smooth finish for the construction of your dreams. The mindset we carry is to work diligently and strive to do everything right the first time. Our expert drywall hangers and mud finishers have been in the business for more that 20 years. Our goal is to leave any space ready for the next finishing steps in completing your home or business space.

358147-5501
    Utah
    Utah: General
    11/30/2023

Custom gunite swimming pool and spa design, construction and remodeling, equipment sales, service and repair, chemical sales and delivery. New plastering and re-plastering, tile installation, coping and crack injection.

Vinyl pool liner installation and repair.