Underfoot Floors

Founded 2002 • With Angi since September 2009

1900 S 300 W

Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Underfoot floors is a locally owned company able to meet all of your flooring needs. Cork, bamboo and marmoleum® are the soul of our business because they are earth-friendly, renewable resources....

03/21/2018

Mark M.

We are very happy with the hardwood floors. They are beautiful!

Description of Work
new hardwood floors

10/13/2017

Brett J.

My experience with Underfoot Floors couldn't have been more positive. I interacted with a lot of their crew, including Eric the owner, Katherine, and Katie. They were all responsive, competent, and professional. And they went above and beyond. When our basement flooded the week following installation of the Coretec flooring, Eric met me onsite immediately and helped us rectify the issue. I absolutely will use Underfoot Floors again and couldn't recommend them more highly.

Description of Work
Installation of floating cork floor and floating Coretec floor.

06/26/2017

Brian A.

They price was very reasonable and they did a good job.

Description of Work
They refinished our bedroom floor.

Category carpet installation

07/15/2016

Reed B.

Amazing work, excellent company.

Description of Work
New kitchen floor and hardwood refinishing

02/01/2016

Skip G.

Everything went perfect. Eric, Kathrine, and crew are excellent. From the initial meetings to the finished product and then their follow up for satisfaction guaranteed. Their product selection is unparalleled. I would highly recommend Underfoot Floors for all your flooring needs.

Description of Work
Installed hardwood, marmolium and carpet

07/20/2015

debbie H.

Eric and his crew refinished our oak floors in our home. The floors were beat as they had not been refinished in 10 plus years. The color of the floor came out perfect and the wood looked brand new when they were doneWe were very pleased with the outcome. They were on time and finished when they said they would. I have highly recommended Underfoot Floors to all our neighbors! Thank you again!!

Description of Work
Refinished oak floors

05/30/2015

scott l W.

We've used them a number of times. It went very well. They had everything done in one day. They cleaned up really well. The floor was perfect when they left. It was nice and clean. They also did a little bit of finish work around the edges. That was very nice as well.

Description of Work
They installed a cork floor.

04/13/2015

Cameron C.

It went as one should expect. They came and did their job in a professional manner.

Description of Work
Installed engineered hardwood and carpet in our basement.

03/13/2015

Chris B.

Underfoot charged about $500 less than an estimate I got from Elegant Hardwood, and Elegant Hardwood told me I should just get new floors because they thought mine were too damaged and not worth refinishing. I am glad I got the floors refinished--I don't think they look too damaged, and I think the imperfect coloring gives them character. Eric, the owner at Underfoot, came to give me an estimate. He was very professional, knowledgable and friendly, and unlike Elegant Hardwood, he actually seemed to listen to what I want, which is an older floor with character, not a brand new floor. I don't know if Eric does any of the manual labor personally anymore, but I have a feeling if you got him to do the work he would do a really good job, but mine were actually done by two of his employees. There are a few little patches where it looks like some dust wasn't cleaned off really well before they put on the finish, so those places are a little bit rough, not completely smooth. Also, the quarter round was a little bit sloppy in some places, and one wall they completely forgot to install the quarter round. They told me to fill the gaps with caulk, but I think they could have cut the quarter round more precisely to reduce the size of the gaps. After I pointed this out, they installed the missing quarter round promptly and fixed the most offensive gap to my liking, but they also applied caulk to some of the corners that were fine, and the caulk actually made it look worse because they got it on the floors. They also repositioned the intake vent for the furnace, but the grate didn't fit correctly when they were done, and they left a structurally unnecessary piece of wood under the grate so it blocks quite a bit of the airflow. They were good about fixing it so the grate fit well, but still left the offending piece of wood. Furthermore, they left some black streaks on my walls that I had just painted so I'll have to see if I can wash those off or just paint over them. Maybe if I had made a big deal about all these little problems and complained more they might have fixed those things, but I didn't feel like taking the time to do that and overall I'm pretty happy with my floors--they still look %100 better than they did--they were in really terrible condition.

Description of Work
Sand and refinish existing wood floors

01/28/2015

lisa H.

Description of Work
Bamboo floors in the living room. Their attention to detail is amazing. They really listen to what we wanted and worked hard to make it look amazing.

08/01/2014

Catherine B.

The floors are beautiful. And perfectly installed. I love every single room. The office personnel and installers were knowledgeable and professional. I will definitely recommend Underfoot Floors and use them again if needed.

Description of Work
New marmoleum in kitchen and back door landing with one step, and bamboo flooring in living room, hall, and two bedrooms.

07/22/2014

Sarah L.

I thoroughly appreciated the professionalism shown by the installer. He was punctual, courteous, and professional every day. I spent time watching and trying to learn new techniques as he worked. He answered every single question I asked, no matter how trivial the question may have seemed. He even took time sometimes to stop and show me some things (like why the tack strip nails pulled up some of the concrete, or how the bamboo boards were made). He was more interested in doing the job well than he was in finishing quickly. For example, he could have finished a day sooner by installing the baseboards the same day as the floor, but instead he waited to let the floor dry overnight to make sure it settled correctly before installing the baseboards. Then he took the extra time to show me how to caulk around the baseboards (who knew you were supposed to caulk baseboards!) and some painting tips as well. My new floors are wonderful! It was hard to compare prices, since most places either did not include the prep work and/or installation costs, or wanted to charge for someone to come out, measure, and give an estimate (they called it a and quot;free estimateand quot; but then said the estimate was and quot;included in the purchase priceand quot;). From what I could estimate, these were not the cheapest bamboo floors, but I also think the cheaper floors were, well, cheaper and of lower quality. Even though it was more expensive than I had hoped, I think the price was actually pretty competitive for good-quality flooring.

Description of Work
Removed old flooring and installed new bamboo floors in two bedrooms.

04/21/2014

HERBERT C.

We were completely satisfied!! Beautiful job on the hardwood and by the subcontractor on stairs and railing. Great attention to detail. However not cheap!

Description of Work
Hardwood floors on main floor and stairs, carpeting rooms on second floor

04/10/2014

Terri G.

They did a good job. They're very good and very customer-oriented. I'd use them again and I'd recommend them.

Description of Work
Underfoot Floors installed brand new bamboo flooring in our house.

03/10/2014

Patrick J.

They did a good job. They were fine, I didn't saw them much of them. I let them do there thing and get back to my work.

Description of Work
I used the services of Underfoot Floors. They refinished the hardwood floors for us.

12/03/2013

anthony M.

It went well. The workers were courteous and punctual. They did have to come back after they finished to correct the polyurethane in one room.

Description of Work
refinish and repair hardwood floors

06/20/2013

Katherine B.

I would rate them highly. I can't say I have a lot of experience to that sort of thing but their price seemed reasonable to me. They were on time, polite, nice to work with and they had everything done in a timely manner when we needed it because it was a rush job. I have a really tiny house so there was a lot of maneuvering that goes along with that, like moving furniture from one place to another, they were good to work with that way and get around to that sort of thing. They were fine and professional. They forgot to nail down some base boards so I called them up and someone came up within an hour and too care of it.

Description of Work
I used Underfoot Floors put down bamboo floors for me in my bedroom a couple of weeks ago.

04/09/2013

Mary Ann W.

This was for a rental property and they make it easy to work with them. I feel confidant in giving the contact information and making arrangements. It went smoothly and was done in less than a day.

Description of Work
UF replaced a kitchen floor on an uneven surface in an very old home in SLC. They were easy to work with, schedule and get the work done. This is the third job they have done for us. We like using local and green and they have good recommendations on the best type of flooring to go with.

12/19/2012

Linnea C.

Eric and his crew were excellent to work with! I had dozens of questions and they would answer them for me with great patience. The guys working on the flooring were polite, friendly, and always cleaned up the mess (or moved things to an area that was out of the way). As with any major remodel, there was a few problems along the way (such as a discoloration with one of the wood planks) and when I addressed it to them, they were helpful and fixed it immediately. The flooring looks beautiful and well done. I am impressed and glad I went with Underfoot! One more thing: I did get three quotes. Underfoot was slightly higher, but still comparable to the others. Plus, it made me feel better that they had a store that I could go see the wood types/colors.

Description of Work
Removed the existing carpet and installed hardwood floors.

04/06/2012

Mary Ann W.

Very well. They showed up and got it done by 9pm and left. Have used prior and would use them again.

Description of Work
Carpet in 2 bedrooms, 2 sets of stairs.

Category carpet installation, flooring contractor

03/05/2012

Pauline B.

They did an excellent job.

Description of Work
They did flooring work.

02/01/2012

Diane G.

They were recommended by our realtor. They were good to work with and very responsive. They were concerned that we were happy with the results.

Description of Work
Underfoot Floors removed carpet and installed bamboo. They also leveled the floors and put padding down.

09/20/2011

Heidi R.

I think that it was all good. They were very responsive and they did a great job.

Description of Work
Underfoot Floors did some flooring work about a month ago. They refinished some existing wood floor.

08/02/2010

Alexis K.

Brilliant work and fantastic people!

Description of Work
Remove carpet from main level (1500 sq ft) and refinish/stain existing hardwood floors underneath. Remove existing carpet from 500 st ft loft and stairs and replace with new wool carpet.

09/07/2009

Neal P.

They were all very professional, hard working, and committed to making sure we were happy at each stage of the process. We liked that they go out of their way to use eco-friendly materials. During the sales process, we took many samples home with us. They also found a style of bamboo that was on sale, from the warehouse out back, and it ended up being our favorite style. The installation was supposed to take two days, but we had a part of the floor that was not flat and needed some specific equipment to make fit correctly, which they did get, and completed in a short amount of time on the third day. The floor looks fantastic and has held up well, even though we have two dogs.

Description of Work
We bought bamboo floors from Underfoot Floors for our family room. They removed and disposed of the old carpet, and installed the bamboo floors.

Utah Flooring & Design

Utah Flooring & Design Services all of Salt Lake County, Utah County, Davis County, Summit County, and the surrounding areas. What really separates Utah Flooring & Design apart from the other guys is our unmatched attention to detail and high standards, custom installation, Lifetime Warranty, and outstanding customer service. Utah Flooring & Design Specializes in Tile, Backsplashes, Showers, Fireplaces, Hardwood, Laminate, Vinyl, LVP, Carpet, Granite, Quartz, Baseboards, & Interior Paint Being a locally owned and operated business makes it really easy to reach us for any questions you may have, or even look over our samples. We care about the quality, look, and feel. We only use the highest quality materials in order to ensure our customers satisfaction and offer a Lifetime Warranty.

Modern Flooring Services

From Hardwood Installation to Hardwood Refinishing to Laminate and Vinyl Installation to Tile Work. At Modern Flooring Services, We Provide Fair Prices, Top Tier Installation Crews, Modern Technology Integration and Professional Management In Order to Make Your Project as Hassle Free as Possible. Bringing Your Vision for Your Flooring or Shower Into Reality

3 Monkeys Floor Installation LLC

I am an owner operated labor only installation company. I provide services of laminate, Vinyl plank and engineered flooring installation. I offer competitive pricing along with my quality work. I have over 15 years in the industry and have been in business for myself for 4 years. I look forward to working with you on your next flooring project.

MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Visa

Flooring retail sales and installation including but not limited to: Sand & Finish of existing hardwood, prefinished and unfinished hardwood, cork, laminate, linoleum, vinyl, rubber, synthetic and natural fiber carpet, area rugs.