Rockscapes Inc

Founded 1993 • With Angi since June 2011

1935 N Warm Springs Rd

Salt Lake City, UT 84116

Started in 1993 by Cory Chapman, RockScapes has designed and built more rock structures than anyone in Utah. RockScapes began with an old pickup truck hauling the rock, an old army trailer to pull the rock, and Cory to set the rock. Today, RockScapes has state-of-the-art equipment featuring new track hoes, semi-end dump rock trucks, loaders, and more. With 3 full time experienced rock and boulder crews, RockScapes exclusive rock mining pit, combined with the largest purchasing power in Utah, they offer their customers the largest selection of rock type and color available. Annually, RockScapes sets in excess of 200,000 square feet of rock retaining walls. They design and build dozens of custom waterfalls, and mine thousands of loads of rock. The size and efficiency of RockScapes allows them to provide the highest quality rockwork available at mid-line prices. RockScapes' work has been featured in over 50 Utah Parade Show Homes. Many of these homes have won multiple awards for their waterfalls, and decorative rockwork. Additional email - suzi@rockscapesutah.com....

05/21/2018

Ronald A.

Made contact with the yard manager to set an appointment. No one called back so I followed up a week later. The salesman made an appointment but did not show up. I called and left several voice and text messages but was never contacted again. When I talked to the manager he said he didn't know what was going on. This company just wasted my time seems to not care.

Description of Work
rock scape and retaining wall

06/08/2016

Cynthia G.

Rockscapes has just completed a landscape project for us and I could not be more pleased with the results. I had 3 separate landscape projects. One was especially difficult, stairs on a particularly steep hillside. I had tried for over a year to find a company to do the work. At least 3 companies looked at the project, one of them is listed on Angie’s list, and none could come up with a solution for one of them. When Chad from Rockscapes came to do the bid on the projects, he immediately had a creative and, as it turns out, beautiful solutions. In addition to the stairs on the steep slope, he helped us design a ramp made from stone to replace a stone stairway on another hill. Their employee who did the work was creative, carefully worked around our existing plants, and did a fantastic job, especially on the very steep stairway.

Description of Work
Replaced old stairs on a steep hillside with rock stairs, rebuilt a stone patio, replaced old stone stairs with a stone ramp.

04/23/2016

patricia V.

I was hoping to have the job performed in the fall, but Rockscapes is so popular, they were busy even into Thanksgiving. I live in Emigration Oaks, at about 6000 feet, so we worried winter would set in fast. I was assured we would be the first job on the list for spring, but our spring is the valley's summer. As it turned out, we had a warm December 2014. Chad called to say- "lets get the tear out done and set the main patio, we'll overlay the old steps in Spring"-- It was the right thing to do. A bit noisy and messy, but the crew was awesome. They did a great clean up and took pride in every joint they created. They are truly artists, They used very large stones and every seem is no more than 1 inch. Although some of the stones are cut, it looks so natural. (900 sq feet of flagstone). We had a wet spring, but the crew returned in late June / July to finish the stairs. I appreciate my gorgeous patio everyday. I have new neighbors ready to build and have recommended Rockscapes to them. If I tear out my front walk, I will use them again. They really delivered top quality, obvious knowledge of how to do this well (we have clay soil- they stamped the soil and added extra gravel to make sure there was good drainage so there would be no settling as I had with the concrete) and the masons were so professional, respectful, and artistic. Chad was awesome to work with. A+++

Description of Work
I needed my stamped concrete patio torn out and replaced with sandstone. It was cracked and had settled badly, and it had faded in the bleaching sun. I interviewed several landscapers and was completely impressed with the professionalism and knowledge of Chad, who met me, reviewed the job, gave me details of what had to be done. It was clear to me, immediately, this was a top quality company, with real expertise, professionalism, and a crew of skilled workers with alot of experience. I knew I would have a beautiful patio when it was all done, that the work would be guaranteed, and there would be no short cuts. I got all that I expected and more! Chad even worked with me on the pricing and I know I got a very good deal for all they did. They even took care of some things that were not in the initial bid, and did not charge me extra for them.

Category patios

10/27/2014

Alice P.

Our experience with this company was very good. The manager was very responsive to how we wanted the project done. He consistently oversaw the workers to assure that our needs we're being met. The workers arrived on time each day, worked hard and cleaned up. The end result is beautiful. All of that for $4000-$5000 lower price than three other bids that we had gotten. These guys were great!

Description of Work
Rock patio, rock planter box, rock retaining wall, rock stairs

05/24/2014

Jon S.

It went great. We called Rockscapes, and Chad came to our house in Sandy, and gave us some good ideas based on what we were trying to achieve. We then went to the Rockscapes location, and spoke with Scott about what we wanted, and looked at the variety of boulders they have onsite - Chad had also spoken with Scott so he already had an idea what we were trying to do and Chad's thoughts. We left, and by the next day Scott had selected out 18 boulders for us to look at - we really liked the selections he had made, as they were very interesting looking and would achieve what we wanted. A few days later, Nathaniel came to the house, and spent several hours working with us to place and install the boulders. Nathaniel has great experience and a great eye - we liked all of his recommendations. He also is very talented with the equipment, and was able to dig in where necessary the boulders - most of the yard was sloped where the boulders had to go, and he was able to exactly level the boulders that we wanted to use for sitting, and place the other boulders so that they really added to the total visual effect.

Description of Work
Installed 18 large decorative boulders in our front (6) and back (12) yards.

08/30/2013

Liz V.

I felt like I had found the answer when they came to give me the bid 2 years ago. Chad could see my vision for my yard as I saw it. He was very professional and timely. I love the work that was done and if I have any questions about the water fall he responds quickly. The rock work where the lawn was looks beautiful and makes taking care of the yard very easy.

Description of Work
installed a waterfall and relandscaped the backyard

06/23/2013

David K.

Dear Rockscapes, My wife Mary and I would like to thank you for the beautiful transformation of our front yard. It turned out better than we ever imagined. We contacted several contractors when planning our project and Rockscapes was the first to respond by coming out the day we called for a bid. We were given a detailed bid with a colored artist rendition of the finished project. The design included elements that we hadn’t even considered including terracing and a winding stairway. Through out the project we were consulted when ever there was a question regarding the design. There were two or three men working on our project from start to finish. They worked hard and made sure that things were cleaned up and left safe at the end of each day. When they were finished they made sure that we were completely satisfied with the finished project. Daily, during the construction, friends, neighbors and people just passing by stopped to comment how beautiful our yard was becoming. Now that Rockscapes is finished and I am out working on the planting I still have people stop to say how great it looks and ask about the company that did it. Out of all the contractors we contacted Rockscapes was the only one that really offered truly unique design options. Their bid was competitive and they came across as the most professional. One of the contractors that came to look at the job never followed up with a bid and another took over a week to contact us. We can happily recommend Rockscapes. They were fast to respond when contacted, they started soon after we gave them the bid and we are thrilled with the job they did. Thanks for the best front yard on the street, Dave and Mary Kingery

Description of Work
Removed and replaced a rock retaining wall in our front yard.

Category landscaping,pavers, gravel,hardscaping

12/28/2012

Brian H.

The guy came out and gave us the quote. He was attentive and did a good job.

Description of Work
Rockscapes gave us a quote for rocks.

Category masonry,hardscaping

10/04/2012

barbara P.

When he came out he gave me a quote and he was really nice, but the only problem I have is he hasn't followed up. I am not sure why he didn't turn up, because I think he said that he would do the work from end of April to beginning of September but then he didn't follow through. I am waiting for him to get an opening in his schedule. He really should be doing it by now because it is already October. That is the only thing about him that I am worried about. I am not really sure what the outcome would be. His responsiveness of coming and giving me a quote was good. He was on time. I would still consider using him because I already gave him some money.

Description of Work
Rockscapes came and gave a quote for repairing a rock water feature.

08/14/2012

Barbara H.

From the bid process through completion, Rockscapes provided a top notch service. As the project proceeded they were flexible as new conditions arose, always prompt, and extremely courteous. We were allowed to choose the rocks we used from a large selection. They were artistically placed. The project was completed quickly. We absolutely love the updated look this gave our home. It is beautiful and we frequently receive compliments on the finished project.

Description of Work
Removal of brick retaining wall, addition of soil to create slope, large rocks placed for landscaping.