Rasmussen Landscapes

3446 S W Temple

Salt Lake City, UT 84115

02/05/2019

Neil O.

The service was fair up until we moved in July 2018. I assumed that Rasmussen would contact us regarding the upcoming 2018 winter season. We did not need the service since July 2018, we moved into a condo complex where snow removal is included in the HOA dues. On 3 January 2019, we received an email invoice (#182395) for $180. I informed them that we had moved and did not think we owed that bill. On 4 January 2019, we received an email from Rasmussen Landscapes informing us that we owed them $843.50. They stated that service was cancelled as of 26 December 2018, after we contacted them regarding the invoice. They also noted that "unfortunately without a cancellation notice, our services continue annually, which makes the current open invoices valid. We have services [sic] this property multiple times and the amount owed is $843.50." I spoke with Breanna Yearwood by telephone about the invoices and she was insistent that we definitely owed them for the snow removal services in December at our old property. Rather than take them to small claims court, I negotiated a discounted figure of $586.50, which I paid on 4 February 2019 through their Bill & Pay online invoice system. If you use Rasmussen Landscapes, be aware of their service policy.

Description of Work
Rasmussen Landscapes cleared the snow from the driveway of our former residence even after we had moved.

Category snow removal

04/21/2018

Traci G.

I've been a client of Rasmussen for at least three-four years. I live in Draper and have a 5100 sf home on a third-acre lot. I hired Rasmussen in approximately 2013 or 2014 for weekly lawn care and for the most part, I thought their services were satisfactory. They typically come on the same day every week, although not always. The times are always different, which I suppose is understandable given the nature of the work. They sometimes skip a week here and there, which was never a disaster although kind of annoying. (It's happened a handful of times over the years). Last year, I had inherited a large area rug from my grandparents. I had it professionally cleaned and then I took the damp rug to dry out onto my large backyard patio. I don't know why, but the person mowing the lawn later that day drove their running lawnmower over part of the rug and shredded it. It was totally irreparable and ruined the rug, with shreds of the rug getting shot out off the patio into the yard. Don't ask me why one of their employees needed to take a running lawn mower over it, as there was plenty of actual lawn they could have used to pass through the yard. But literally cutting corners is probably the driving philosophy of this company, so consider yourself warned now. I did not complain at the time about the rug. I was disappointed, but I figured it was my own fault for taking the rug outside to dry and expose it to the elements (so to speak). I rolled it up and had my husband help me place it in the garbage bin since the rug was unsalvageable by then. Knowing the carelessness of these kinds of employees, it's probably my own fault about what happened yesterday. I hired a spring cleanup of my yard this year because I plan to list my house for sale in two weeks. The crew that did the tree and shrub trimming did a fine job, and I was satisfied with the result, but the young man who came and did the lawn aeration service yesterday was so fast and so careless that I'm fairly certain he's the one who broke a large basement window in our side yard. To be fair, I did not see him do it, but the window was intact as of yesterday morning and I noticed it was broken within a couple of hours after he left. This is a large, double paned window adjacent to an empty-nester home and there are no crazy, reckless neighbor kids that I would suspect of doing this. Only the exterior pane of the double pane was broken, and it looks like it got hit near the bottom. Anyhow, I'm done with Rasmussen. I can no longer recommend this company, and I'm terminating their services and looking for a new provider. They just aren't that professional and their employees do too much damage.

Description of Work
Weekly lawn care, spring clean up and lawn aeration

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

08/21/2017

Liv M.

fool me once shame on you, fool me twice shame on me. should have known better. unfair charging for time not spent on the job. horrible time scheduling service.

Description of Work
Sprinkler repair and lawn service

08/16/2017

Traci G.

They take like twenty minutes, fast. They clean leave the area clean. This is the third summer that we have used them. Actually, I would give them an A for their original price because they use to be cheaper but they have raised their prices.

Description of Work
They mow our lawn once a week.

08/16/2017

Traci G.

Their original prices used to be cheaper, now they raised their prices.

Description of Work
Lawn care.

06/10/2017

SHERYL H.

Slow doing the garden beds work. Expensive @ $45 p/hr, p/worker. Usually 3-4 every day for 6 days and for 6-8 hrs. They were hard hispanic workers but hard to communicate with. Would not use soil prep again that THE GIRL ON THE PHONE RECOMMENDED when I first called . .it is messy blows out of the gardens, too light weight almost like DARK DIRT with small pieces of bark (I like the color). Would not use soil prep again, it took alot and was expensive. THEY DID AN EXCELLENT JOB AND IT LOOKS REAL NICE, but again I would ASK FOR A BID before. I am a 78 yr old widow now who does all of her yard work , except the lawn, and this is the first time I have hired yard work, and maybe the going rate is $45 p/hr, p/person, but Rasmussen will always send 2-3 workers with a minimum rate. If it is for Sprinklers it is $75 p/hr. p/person and there are 2 that come. I will look around for future projects. Rasmussen is just too expensive for me.

Description of Work
Removal of all old bark in flower beds and hauled away. Beds leveled, weed prevention material laid in all garden beds. Soil Prep put down in all beds. Checked sprinklers, made a few adjustments, installed new Genie timer controls for back yard. Expensive, $762.00. The workers seemed very slow figuring it all out. I need more adjustments done but I am using someone else with a high rating on Angies List on June 20. Rasmussen is doing my lawn once a week this summer at a reasonable rate of $39 p/week and they do a fast and nice job. I am very happy with this service and have not included in total price,

03/17/2017

Bonnie B.

Terrible. They claimed they came and that they have GPS. We were home all day and no one came but we were billed. Workers don't speak English. They removed perennials, and ground cover. All herb beds. Workers don't know the difference between established plants and weeds. Won't make appsts. So you can supervise

Description of Work
General yard upkeep, weeding.

06/17/2016

Kathy G.

The crews got here and started weeding the beds - not pulling everything out. I had to call the office because the workers did not speak English well enough to understand what I was saying. Finally, they got started with the actual job then tried to leave without spraying. It was then that I learned a different crew came to spray. In the meantime, I got a call because the crew was under the impression I wanted them to plant flowers in the beds, which had never come up. The guy came to spray a week later and was waiting for me when I got home from an errand - they had never been able to give me a time for the job so I had no idea what time he was coming. He was under the impression that he was supposed to spray my entire lawn so I had to call the crew chief since the office was closed. He told me the spray would not do what the office had told me it would do and that it wouldn't really be worth it for the beds. I had a problem area at the side of my house so I just had him spray the stuff there. My $200 job turned into $332 because they billed me separately for this although no one ever explained to me that that would be the case. Don't get me wrong - the crews that work for Rasmussen are great - the best - they do excellent work no matter what it is. If you could have the crews without dealing with the office you would be fine, but I have finally had it with the company itself. Miscommunications are constant. The crews can't always communicate with you and so you end up calling the office - I think at least one person on every crew should understand and speak English at least a little. In any case, I would give Rasmussen an A rating if it were just the guys who do the work, but the Company comes with them and it's not worth having to deal with them.

Description of Work
This is a provider I've been using for over a year so the date of this service is just one in a long list of services. On this occasion, the crews came out to do what was quoted to me as a $200 job to pull everything out of two small beds and spray a preventative for weeds which was supposed to keep weeds from coming back.

12/27/2015

Pamela B.

I will give the lawn care workers an A as they come in, do the job quickly and efficiently and leave. My scheduled time is set so my gates are unlocked to allow them access. jMy issue is with the yard maintenance crew and the office staff. I have requested repeatedly that I be called to be notified of yard work prior to the day of arrival so I can arrange to have gates opened. After many debates, this appears to be very difficult for their staff to do and as such, my gates are locked when they decide to arrive. Clients are charged by the labour hour per job. You will then pay more if they send more labourers to your home. Problem is, my property is very small and with the supposed amount of crew should have completely done their job in 30 minutes. Instead I get charged multiple hours. This was successfully disputed and the charge reduced which I will give them credit for. Fast forward Nov. and Dec where I am again charged for yard maintenance when I am out of town and my gates locked. At no time did I receive a call to nofify of their agenda for that week. In fact the Dec. appointment, I received a phone call on my cell that very morning requesting I open the gates for their employees to do the maintenance. I advised I was out of town and ask them to have their staff leave the premises. I now have a bill for $126 for them putting a foot on my front lawn. There was still a little hard frost and snow on the ground, and we had since cleaned up our bushes to place our Christmas lights so I know there was absolutely NO WORK DONE on my property as everything that needed to be done had been taken care of by US! Lastly, after discussing labour issues and costs with staff, I get promises to investigate and to call with feedback and I am still waiting. Not professional and quite frankly unethical. I need to update my assessment to highlight that after numerous weeks of waiting, I was finally offered relief from the charges for the two incidents I had reported. My account now reflects what is justifiably owed. It appears the owner needed to approve the correction because of the dollar amount.

Description of Work
They normally cut my lawn and provide yard maintenance service.

Category lawn service, holiday decorators

05/20/2015

WENDY H.

We had them a couple of years and they are good.

Description of Work
I use Rasmussen Landscapes for the lawn work.

09/14/2014

Kate L.

Rasmussen tells you in advance that they'll send out a 3-man crew, and that was fine with me I was not happy, however, to see that only one or two of the workers actually worked at the same time. I had to go out and explain that I didn't want to pay for 3 workers when 2 of them were standing around watching the other guy dig. They eventually left without finishing the job and didn't follow up about coming back. It took us many hours to remove all the roots they left in the patch where we planned to plant a garden. Rasmussen's 3-man crews aren't cheap, but if they did the job right, I wouldn't mind paying the premium. We've also used Rasmussen in the past for lawn and snow services. The crews don't seem very well-trained or careful, so we no longer do business with this company.

Description of Work
Remove shrubs.

07/16/2014

Ann P.

I wouldn't use this company again because they are too big to handle decent customer service. The work is great. They remove clippings and debris, however, they charge for every little thing. The worse thing is the non-communication with the work crews. We have dogs that go in and out through a dog door. From the first, we requested the crews make sure the gates are closed when they leave (as they are when they arrive). The first few months were great, but for some reason about 4 weeks ago, they started leaving the gates wide open, allowing the dogs to escape. I called each week complaining and asking they mark our acct with red flags about the gates. The final straw was this last week when the gate was left open again after I had called the previous week complaining again about the problem and warning if it repeated, I would be forced to cancel their services. I cancelled their services today. On another point, I paid extra for a crew to remove weeds from the garden area. I asked they cut them down, remove them, tiller the area and then spray Roundup to assure they don't return and I can plant next year. Two weeks later the weeds are back with a vengeance. Plus, when they were doing the work I noticed they stood around talking several times (and they are paid by the hour) plus they dropped their equipment in the middle of it and left for 2 hrs. I had to call the office to get them to return, finish and retrieve their tools.

Description of Work
Weekly mowing

08/05/2013

Jay H.

They seemed to be pretty well organized overall.

Description of Work
Rasmussen Landscapes did weeding and general lawn cleanup for us.

07/04/2013

Beverly M.

1. Provider was scheduled to arrive for work at 8 AM. Showed up at 9:45. 2. Three guys came with only one weed eater which would't start. 3. Using tools supplied by me, and a new spark plug I also provided, they still couldn't get the thing to run. 4. One guy borrowed my weed-eater to tackle the job. The other two faked it - blowing leaves through the woods, etc. 5. I sent them away after 2 hours, with the job only half done, sloppy at that. When I called to register my dissatisfaction they told me they would discount their charges, the amount yet to be determined.

Description of Work
Provider was engaged to week-eat under the trees on a natural backyard slope. Also clean rain gutters and clear some ivy off a window.

06/21/2013

Barrett M.

The work of Rasmussen Landscapes was very good. They're really good. They're just super reliable. They always do what I asked and they're very well-priced.

Description of Work
Rasmussen Landscapes did the weed removal, landscaping and lawn service.

04/23/2013

Jen G.

I used Rasmussen last year for yard work which was fine. Yard cleans up for a very tiny area ran about $400. Last year I asked them to prune my huge tree out front. They cut all of the limbs off to 2 feet from the trunk. This spring there are no leaves and the tree is clearly dead. When I called them, they didn't come out to look at it and told me that because they don't know why the tree died they will pay for nothing. Horrible service and now I am out not only the money I paid them but the removal and purchase of a mature tree. Never use this company.

Description of Work
Tree pruning. Yard work.

02/05/2013

Rick G.

They do a good job. I think they were a little overwhelmed in Jan because of two storms which burried much of the city. I had 17 inches in one storm and 11 in the another. During those two storms there were periods when they did not get back to re-shovel for 8-10 hours during which there was significant accumulation.

Description of Work
Snow removal. They provide a complete driveway and sidewalk snow removal when ever it is needed.

Category snow removal

06/11/2012

Susan V.

Rasmussen Landscapes is very efficient. Their pricing, professionalism, and quality of work is very good.

Description of Work
Rasmussen Landscapes cuts the grass weekly.

05/30/2012

Elke B.

I love them and use them for all my properties. I used them for rentals and my own house. They were great. I was with them for 20 years. They used to be called Big Kahuna and Rasmussen Landscapes bought them. I would not change or use anyone else. I may not be that happy but I have not found anyone better.

Description of Work
I used Rasmussen Landscapes for lawn and yard work.

04/28/2012

Brad E.

We contracted for three hours' work, and my wife stayed home as the crew was due between noon and 3. They came at 6:45 in the evening and worked for two hours. Talked to their supervisor, but he said he couldn't help us re:schedule the last hour of work, and he gave us the office number. They aren't answering. The crew, which was very nice, did nice work but didn't complete it. I wouldn't recommend Rasmussen.

Description of Work
We needed some basic clean up of the garden and yard in anticipation of an event next weekend. This included weeding, trimming back shrubbery, and taking out dead plants and yard waste.

03/08/2012

Alan Z.

He just did one project for me. The experience was okay. I was satisfied. He was good and very professional.

Description of Work
I used Rasmussen Landscapes last summer. I use him to come and pour water through the ground for me. He also made some changes in my sprinkler system.

Category lawn service, irrigation systems, lawn treatment

02/09/2012

Reba K.

My overall experience with them was bad. For the ineffective support that they gave, their price was very high. Their responsiveness was average. Their punctuality was good. They were not professional. All they were supposed to do was to make sure that all my sprinklers had to be turned off. They must have missed that a pipe was broken or they must have broken it. So, I had a sinkhole where my lawn was and they were to come back and fix that. I have noticed all winter, there is a big space that is totally soaked and so they didn’t fix it the second time. I just don’t trust any resolution they might do. I would just have a different company come out and fix it when spring is here. I have been watching the water bills. The Salt Lake City has a wonderful system where they notify one if ones water bill is out of line before it is typically on the assumption that I have a leak. I think that they simply didn’t see that it was a pipe that was leaking but that it wasn’t connected to the main water line which is turned off for outside. So its pipes that had water in it that froze and so whenever it thaws it drains out. Therefore, I would not use them again.

Description of Work
I last used Rasmussen Landscapes about six months ago. I wanted my sprinkler system to be turned off.

02/04/2012

mary V.

It went well. They did good work at a fair price.

Description of Work
They redid half my backyard.

10/17/2011

Carol W.

.The workers who showed up were willing but obviously totally inexperienced, and only one spoke a little English. Weeds left unpulled; flowers pulled.

Description of Work
Routine yardwork, such as lawn mowing (my mower), weeding and trimming of bushes.

Category lawn service, lawn treatment

08/30/2011

Thomas C.

We had also used them last fall. They did the work and showed up when they were supposed to and finished promptly.

Description of Work
We used Rasmussen Landscapes to do some spring cleanup in the yard.

Cowboy Clean Soft Wash and Power Washing

We specialize in pressure washing and soft washing services for exteriors of homes or businesses, sidewalks, driveways, decks, porches, patios, fences, roof cleaning, truck trailers, parking lots, and more! We guarantee your satisfaction, and we won’t leave until the job is done right. We pride ourselves on the quality work we provide, while delivering great customer service! Check out all the services we offer below and call -or- click to schedule a free estimate today!

Capitol Exteriors

Capitol Exteriors and Rain Gutters is a family-owned and operated company that is dedicated to providing you with unsurpassed customer service. We provide residential and commercial clients with Rain Gutters, Siding and Roof Ice Melting Systems. Based in West Jordan, UT, our team of highly trained professionals serves the greater Salt Lake City metro area, including Salt Lake County, Weber-Davis County, Utah County and Park City. At Capitol Exteriors no job is ever too big or too small! We offer sales, installation and repair for: Aluminum Rain Gutters, Copper Rain Gutters, Stainless Steel Rain Gutters, Galvanized Steel Rain Gutters, and Vinyl Rain Gutters. When it comes to gutter-related accessories, we carry Rain Chains, Aluminum Soffits, Chimney Caps, and Collector Boxes, so you can dress up your home's exterior. Also you can call us for Sales, Installation and Repair of: Vinyl, Siding, James Hardie Plank Siding, Wood Shake Siding, Ice Melting Systems, and Zigzag Heating Cable. All of our services and products come with our quality guarantee. We completely stand behind our work with a two-year warranty backed by a 20-year warranty on all materials. For your protection, we are fully licensed and insured, and all of our employees submit to background checks. Rest assured that we only hire qualified professionals to work on your home. Capitol Exteriors and Rain Gutters gets the job done right the first time. We look forward to being your Utah Rain Gutter and Siding Company of choice. Call us for your free estimate today!

Moala Brothers Construction

Moala Brother's Construction, LLC, is a family owned, fully licensed and insured business, based in Syracuse, Utah, backed up by years of experience in concrete flatwork that includes driveways, sidewalks, walkways, patios, RV/utility shed pads with option of rebar and more! We care about our clients and take pride in the quality work we have produced over the years. We know and understand how important it is to have a safe area to park your vehicles, to have a place to sit and enjoy the outdoors, or take a nice walk in your spacious backyard, to let your kids and/or grandkids play b-ball, or to upgrade and add value to your home. We want to help you achieve your goals! ​

Landscape including spring and fall clean up, sprinkler start up and repair, rain gutter cleaning, lawn & fertilization, weeding flower beds, regular yard maintenance, soil and mulch installation, hedging and pruning, mowing, trimming and edging, concrete curbing, walkways, patios, new sod, custom fences and decks, stone walkways, snowplowing parking lots, snow blowing driveways and walks, holiday lights and decorations & snow removal.