Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete LLC.

Founded 1988 • With Angi since March 2018

***SUPER SERVICE AWARD RECIPIENT (2019) IN OUR FIRST YEAR OF ADVERTISING WITH ANGIE'S LIST*** In 2018 we decided to launch on our own to provide the best service possible in the landscaping and concrete business. Though our company is fairly new we are not new to what we do. We have valuable experience gained through hard work and dedication over the course of 30 years. If you value quality over quantity we are the right fit for you. We pride ourselves in delivering top-notch projects that keep customers happy and coming back. Give us a call today for your FREE ESTIMATE. Thank you for visiting our profile....

A Service Provider's profile image

+57 more images

lawn & landscaping (49)irrigation system (25)concrete repair (19)mulch delivering (18)hardscaping (16)stone & gravel (14)fence company (8)tree service (5)concrete driveways (2)stamped concrete (1)masonry (1)

08/11/2022

Elizabeth E.

Fred and his team were great! We needed an old deck remove and hauled away, new irrigation and sod placed, mulch in our garden beds and a concrete pad laid. They gave us a fair quote and stuck to the budget, even when concrete shortages were impacting the market this summer. There were a few delays due to unforeseen circumstances, but they communicated well with us about what was going on, and when they could do they work, they worked hard to get the job done quickly and well. We will use Good Samaritain again for future projects!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch

Work Completed On 08/11/2022

Thank you so much!! Appreciate it:)

07/30/2022

Adrian K.

Extremely poor communication and unprofessional. Don't expect to hear back from them unless you're texting/calling frequently as they're never the one to reach out or give updates. If they can't make it or just never show up, they won't even tell you so if you took the day off, that's your fault. I'd give them an entire month (multiple times) and when I'd ask for an update, they'd magically be available that week or the next. Due to the lack of communication, they also did my backyard design wrong. I had decorative curving painted around the back porch that wrapped around the house. After they laid materials, they did a straight line from the porch across the yard. Idk anyone who'd want that much of rock or mulch in the back. The area should have all been grass. When I asked about where the sprinklers would be they said it'd be to the line of where the mulch was. It wasn't a huge deal so I let it go but definitely not what I had outlined and even worse on the other side since its all rock. They also didn't lay any weed barrier under the rock or mulch and while that wasn't specified, it just seems like common sense as weeds are just going to come up through all that. They said spraying and pulling this year would prevent them the next...that's not how weeds work lol. The retaining wall that was put in was fine but somehow their measurements were off. I specifically wanted it high enough to be level with the bottom of the fence so that the backfill would cover gaps so that my cats could run out back without getting under the fence. The original wall was way too low and there was a giant gap. Had to pay a couple hundred extra in order for them to add another layer to fix that. We asked for an 18x18 play area for my son and got a roughly 18x17 play area. The 3in borders they added around the play area were inside of the 18x17 instead of outside of it so it's even smaller, making the play set we bought even tighter to fit in. I've managed to make it work but it'll require my son walking onto the wooded border to then get to a ladder instead of having some space to walk on rubber mulch and less space to land on mulch in case of an accident. The play area was supposed to be closer to my fence and retaining wall but for some reason they couldn't do that, but said they'd fill in those areas with mulch which they never did. On the trend of being poor with communication, when they “finished”, they just left. My family was home eating lunch and just waiting for them to knock, call or even text me. I didn't want to come out and interrupt them while they were laying down a strip of sod and putting in stepping stones. I even had a question for them, but nope, they just randomly took off. I texted a little later asking if they were done and I got a response that they were finished. Extremely unprofessional and shows there is zero pride in their work or care for their customers. Who just finishes a job and doesn't even check to see if the customer is happy or that all their questions aren't answered before taking off? In the walk-through, I could have asked about a sprinkler drip system that was put in for my garden where boxes were just thrown on top of some rock, or if there was a plan to fill in around the play area or if they forgot. Both things I've already bought material for and will end up doing myself. I texted them the day after like, hey, I'm not sure why no one gave me a walk-through but I'd like to go over some things in the yard. I was told they'd find a day to come the following week, but I'm now on the 3rd week and do not expect them to come and I'd rather they didn't. This company prides themselves on great reviews on Angi's list and I'm ashamed the site would allow a company like this to perform work and more disappointed this company has no pride in their work, respect for their customers, or concern for keeping up with communications. A lot of my neighbors have asked where I got my yard done and have told them to look elsewhere as this company doesn't deserve any more business.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 07/30/2022

Review for Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete LLC. - 1925 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT - 39817962

Wow!! Wow!! Wow!!! How is it you come on here and leave us this untrue bad review? I’m stunned!!! The only thing I agree with is that I didn’t get back to you to let you know when we was coming out to meet for a walk through!!! Other than that everything you said is untrue!!!! I last we spoke I told you I’ll come out and if there was anything that needed to be fixed I’ll fix it!!! And your exact response was I don’t think there’s anything that needs to be fixed!!! So that tells me everything is ok.. and now that your upset that I didn’t call you for a time to meet you come on here with this long untrue review for our clients to read… my wrong for not setting up a date to meet and that was my wrong and I do apologize but that’s it nothing else… I’m sorry if your not satisfied with your our work. We have talked a few times and everything you mentioned here you never said anything or brought it up to our attention, so I’m confused here.. your 1 bad and untrue review won’t keep us from getting jobs.. All I can say is that I’m sorry your upset and I wish you the best and God Bless!! work we’ve talked and everything you mentioned on here you never brought it up to our attention

10/04/2021

Ben B.

The team at Good Samaritan Landscaping was amazing. They made the process very smooth for us. They came out several times before we were ready to start landscaping to talk over our options. They were quick and effective in their process. They were honest and helpful. Their work was great and it looks beautiful…they are professionals. We will definitely use them again!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, landscaping, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

Work Completed On 10/04/2021

08/05/2021

Laurie G.

We hired Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete to landscape our backyard. They laid sod, put in garden beds and mulch, put down gravel, built a retaining wall, installed a sprinkler system, hauled off broken concrete, and remediated work done by another contractor who failed to complete the work requested, and installed a concrete pad. They also removed sod from our side yard and park strips, and replaced the sod with gravel. Fred and his wife were very professional, friendly, and reliable. Fred and his crew worked very hard, were fast and efficient, and did a beautiful job. They were straightforward with us on cost estimates and the cost of changes both monetary and time-wise. We would definitely hire them again!

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping

Category concrete repair, landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 08/04/2021

07/06/2021

Bryan S.

Good Samaritan exceeded my expectations. We had a major landscaping upgrade in our backyard that involved multiple retaining walls, soil grading, underground trampoline installation, and sod and irrigation installation. They not only started and finished on time, but the end result was better than anticipated thanks to Fred’s vision and esthetic foresight. The price was fair, and they never tried adjusting the original price, despite a heavier than anticipated underground root system they had to dig out with the excavator. After it was finished, I decided I wanted to add a little more sod to a section of the yard I originally told them not to. Fred had no problem ordering the extra sod for me and delivering it to my house. It was a very positive and professional experience. I will definitely be using Good Samaritan for my future landscaping and outdoor needs.

Description of Work
Landscape

Work Completed On 07/02/2021

Review for Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete LLC. - 1925 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT - 39397982

Kathleen B.

I have a small side yard adjacent to my daughter's home. I wanted a walkway around the area including a small conversation space which Fred accomplished with pavers. He added a grassy area in the middle and a retaining wall of beautiful landscaping rocks. He also gave me borders for planting flowers and a tree or two.. I am thrilled with the result. Fred is a most positive and upbeat person. He was eager to accommodate any of my desires even to the point of coming on his day off to work on a special request. He runs a trustworthy business with heart. I felt I couldn't pay him enough for his topnotch service.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

Thank you so much for the great review. Thank you for trusting us with your work., appreciate you very much., Thank you :)

Scott G.

Fred and Leslie were amazing. I gave them an idea of what I envisioned for my yard and what I was hoping to have done. Not only were they the best bid of those we looked at, but Fred even added to my yard with some amazing ideas that made things so much better. Colored stamped concrete patio, RV pad, huge boulders throughout the flower beds, sprinkler system, in ground trampoline, MIL separate yard, sod, mulch, tree placement and drip lines for each one, decorative rock wall, flagstone pavers. For being a new build with a move in date in April, we have a completed yard by June.....and that is still with the crazy delays in concrete that everyone is dealing with. Fred and Leslie got us our concrete when other people are getting no bids from other landscapers due to concrete shortages. Would use them again if ever needed and have referred them out to all the other new builds in our community.

Description of Work
New home with a full yard to landscape

Category concrete repair, concrete driveways, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping, stamped concrete

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

Review for Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete LLC. - 1925 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT - 39370951

You guys are great to work with and it was fun. Thank you so much for the work appreciate you very much.. Thanks:)

Stephanie G.

Fred and Lesieli were amazing to work with. They walked thru our landscape design with us and then gave us professional advice on changes and improvements to help enhance what we wanted. Even with the obstacles with concrete delays, etc they continued working and finding different ways to get the job done. I was extremely impressed with their professionalism and ability to solve problems during this crazy post pandemic situation. Thank you Fred and Lesieli, we absolutely LOVE our yard and have already received so many compliments!

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 06/14/2021

Thznk you for the great review, It was fun working with you guys. Thank you for trusting us with your Landscape..Appreciate the work. Thank you :)

04/21/2021

Joyce F.

Good Samaritan's bid was reasonable and the work was completed on time. The prep work and concrete finishing was very professional. The outcome is a beautiful patio and path! I would definitely hire Good Samaritan again.

Description of Work
Extended backyard patio, path from patio to shed, and enlarged pad in front of shed.

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/20/2021

Thank you so much for trusting us to do your work!! Appreciate it.. God Bless 🙏

09/16/2020

Robert J.

I wanted to take this opportunity to leave a review for the landscaping work Good Samaritan Landscaping performed at my home. I had full landscaping installed, from irrigation, topsoil and ground leveling, concrete, fencing, rock, sod, and some extras. The results of their work have made my forever home beautiful, beyond my expectations. I receive comments from neighbors and guests often about the plan, the materials chosen, and how sharp the yard looks. I came upon Good Samaritan Landscaping through Angie’s List. I contacted them through the site and received a phone call the next morning. Leslie and Fred were quick to arrive at my home, talk about my needs and wants, and were compassionate to some constraints I was under. I had an idea of what I wanted and spoke with both Leslie and Fred about my needs and wants. They were quickly able to take my ideas and formulate a plan. I was placed into their schedule as quickly as they were able accommodate me, with other jobs they currently were involved in. Fred’s crew arrived a couple of weeks later with his equipment and began the large task of creating a yard and landscape from plain dirt. His crew worked carefully around my home, expertly avoiding the marked utilities, and the irrigation system was completed in days. Topsoil was brought in to level and properly grade the yard, which was done to Fred’s expert eye and satisfaction. Concrete curbing was then installed beautifully. Next was rock in the perimeter of the property and around the house. Fred and Leslie both looked hard for the type and color rock I had wanted. I was pleasantly surprised with stone that exceeded my expectations for color and beauty. The extra effort they took on this part of the job really sets my house apart from all others, I could not be more pleased. When sod arrived and went down, Fred was personally involved to make sure it was laid with expertise and care. The results of his work are outstanding. Fred and Leslie both are honest, genuine, and put their extra touch into their work. It is without hesitation that I give my highest complements and recommendation to Fred and Leslie at Good Samaritan Landscaping. What amazing people to work with! Thank you both for the outstanding work you have done and the beautiful yard I have!

Description of Work
Full Yard Landscaping

Work Completed On 09/16/2020

Thank you so much for trusting us to do your landscaping work🙏 Appreciate your business, Thank you for your kind word it was a joy to work with you. Im so happy your enjoying your yard. Your very kind and Thank you for making it easy for us to work on your project👏👏👏 God Bless you🙏

07/21/2020

Dennis S.

It went great. Gave us a great Quote and removed dead grass in a few hours. Then replaced with new Sod. Great to work with Fred and his wife. All the work was done in 2 days. Laid the sod in a few hours and did a great Job. I would use the company again. It looks great

Description of Work
replaced dead lawn With new Sod

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Thank you [Member Information Removed] much for your business and trusting us to do you work! God Bless🙏

07/20/2020

Sherry L.

Good Samaritan made this project enjoyable. It was a lot bigger project than I first realized. It was amazing to see the progress they made each day. They were able to adapt and improve some project changes. Fred was able to make the finished product better than I ever imagined. I loved the front yard so much that I asked them to add a little bit of their charm to my back yard. I would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
I wanted to xeriscape my front yard and extend my side driveway.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, hardscaping

Work Completed On 07/02/2020

Review for Good Samaritan Landscaping and Concrete LLC. - 1925 E 2100 S, Salt Lake City, UT - 38733737

Thank you for trusting us to work on your project! We really appreciate it!! It was great working with and happy that your happy with the turnout:)

07/16/2020

Shon W.

Fred and his team were amazing and did excellent work. The project was done on schedule, and the results were better than we could have hoped. Working with them was a great experience. I would highly recommend them and I will definitely hire them again for future projects.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 06/01/2020

07/11/2020

Sharon M.

Fred and his crew at Good Samaritan put in a fire pit and a large area of pavers for us. They were easy and a pleasure to work with, always kept us informed, did exactly as promised and do quality work. The pavers and fire pit are beautiful, would definitely recommend Good Samaritan!

Description of Work
Landscaping/Firepit

Work Completed On 07/10/2020

Thank you for your business! Appreciate it😊

05/26/2020

Robert M.

Fred and his wife are awesome! They came out and gave us a quote, which was reasonable. Had great ideas, and immediately understood our vision. We ended up not changing the lawn because we need more money for retirement instead. That said, use these guys. They're trustworthy, friendly, funny and just nice to work with.

Description of Work
We were thinking about landscaping our entire yard

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, hardscaping

Work Completed On 05/15/2020

You guys are Awesome!! Thank you so much and it was so nice meeting you both and chatting with you!! Appreciate you for this great review 🙏👍🏼

04/30/2020

John C.

working with Good Samaritan was excellent. They helped me with design ideas at the beginning. They built a large retaining wall and added pavers. The crew worked hard all day and the owner Fred was on site working and checking the work everyday. They took the time to clean up the area beyond the work agreed to just to make everything right which I really appreciated. They really went above and beyond on the work.

Description of Work
Landscaping

Work Completed On 04/30/2020

Thank you for your business 🙏 We appreciate it👍🏼

04/04/2020

Angela P.

Very satisfied with all the work completed. We're really enjoying our yard, esp our backyard and patio during this time of staying at home. The work was done timely and for a very good price. Highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
concrete patio, chainlink fence, garden concrete curving, sod, garden bed, tree removal, patio roof and framing.

Category concrete repair, fencing, landscaping, mulch

Work Completed On 04/03/2020

Thank you for your great review!! Appreciate it👏

11/23/2019

Laura M.

I’m so happy to work with this group! Fred and his team have exceeded my expectations in every way. Fred had 2 days to complete the project before a snowstorm. He had to remove several tree starts and rocks to lay down weed sheets and sod. He leveled the surface of each area, used quality products and made the final result beautiful!

Description of Work
Xeriscape and sod

Work Completed On 11/25/2019

Thank you so much for your business 🙏🏽 Looking forward to working with you in the future!!

11/21/2019

Tom W.

great had it done in less than 2 days and cleaned up everything

Description of Work
front yard old grass removal new sod laid

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

Thank you so much for your business, really appreciate it👍🏼

11/14/2019

kristin E.

Really well, they did an excellent job

Description of Work
rock steps installed and trenching.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

Work Completed On 11/08/2019

Thank you very much for your business 👍🏼

11/12/2019

Michael T.

Most aspects of the work were done very well at a very reasonable price. However, I'm concerned about a little flaking off of the newly installed patio. I think it's due to surface freezing overnight. They said that there would be no problem with cold weather during the pour. I'm talking with another company about demolition and reinstalling it during warm weather along with other changes I've decided to make as long as I'll be demolishing. I'll also spend about $1000 more installing rock to the needed depth called for in the contract. It would have been helpful if they would have returned my call asking where they purchased the rock. Maybe they could have at least helped me know where to get lower price on it. At least return the call please. They missed a drip line to a tree. Having these things corrected and completed by another firm. Money wise, I can't complain due to the reasonable price. It's just a little trouble to run and hire more. Would hire again, but only at this price.

Description of Work
Landscaping, Drip Irrigation and Patio Installation

Category concrete repair, landscaping

Work Completed On 11/12/2019

10/08/2019

Kenneth K.

They went above and beyond just the sod remove and replace. They were more than happy to dig out an old rose bed so I can put a garden in. Their communication throughout the job was exceptional. I highly recommend Good Samaritan to anyone who needs any landscaping performed.

Description of Work
Landscaping