Best Fence & Gate Installation by Joe

Founded 2014

We do all types and material of fences such as: Wood. Vinyl, Chain link, and Cast Iron. No job is too little or too big. What makes us different from all the other Fence Companies is: We take pride in our work, we go out walk your project with you. Make you an offer to do your project. Be there ready to work. Our promise is to get your fence done in a couple of days....

A Service Provider's profile image

+3 more images

4.4

4.4

fence company (32)lawn & landscaping (3)driveway gate installation (2)dog fencing (2)hardscaping (1)tree service (1)irrigation system (1)lawn care (1)decks & porches (1)

04/05/2022

Clara K.

The whole process was seamless. I was expecting a high bid due to high demand in the area but the bid was fair and the work was done so fast! I couldn’t recommend more! I’m already figuring out the next job I can hire them for.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 04/09/2022

11/11/2021

Doug A.

Excellent and professional work. Very very efficient and easy to work with.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 11/15/2021

09/28/2021

Jolene M.

Joey is the most amazing contractor that I have ever dealt with. I called him for a bid I was getting really frustrated with the bids from prior companies, he came right over gave me a bid and I hired him on the spot. I was that impressed and confident in him and his demeanor that he was the right one for my job. I was looking for someone to tear Down my existing wood fence and chain link gate and replace it with a new vinyl one. Also included was the removal of all debris from existing fence.

Description of Work
Fencing and Gate tear down and repalced

Work Completed On 09/29/2021

09/15/2021

Julie P.

Such a wonderful job! I contacted Angie’s on August 22nd to find a contractor to do my fence and retaining wall project. On the morning of September 7th, Joe was at my house beginning the retaining wall. On Monday, September 13th the project was completed!. Best Fence and Gate Installation by Joe exceeded my expectations. The project turned out just beautifully. He was not the least expensive bid I received, but I felt that he was the most qualified to do the job. It was worth paying more to get such a professional job. I would definitely hire this company to complete future projects.

Description of Work
Pavers and Hardscaping, cedar fence.

Category fencing, hardscaping

Work Completed On 09/15/2021

Review for Best Fence & Gate Installation by Joe	 - 132 E Wentworth Ave, Salt Lake City, UT - 39475670

08/23/2021

Kirsten W.

Joe is the consummate professional. He was able to review and quote the same day. His bid was very competitive; and he clearly has an attention for fine detail. The finished installation gets many positive comments from visitors. We will be hiring him again.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 09/07/2021

06/12/2021

Kris C.

DO NOT HIRE!!!! They were excellent to work with a year ago however the 2nd time around was one of the worst experiences we have had with a contractor on Angie's List. We hired them to install a gate and paid half down on May 23rd. Since then it has been almost 2 months of excuses (they sent the wrong fencing, the guys had to recut the metal, they were going to pull from another project, it was his birthday). Told us they would be out but no one has shown up when they said they would, actually they only showed up to cut one post after I blasted Joey with desperate please. Nothing since then. I have sent many calls and texts with no response. It's been a week since my last text to Joey and I have still not had a response. Today we gave up and asked for a refund. I will post an update on the refund but we are not holding our breath. And just to set the record straight, my husband and I are not pot smokers, and we have been nothing but courteous and patient in our communications with Joey. Think twice about hiring this company.

Description of Work
Install a gate

Category decks, fencing

Work Completed On 05/23/2021

06/03/2021

Denny T.

Joe was very attentive and full of suggestions when he was first discussing the project and needs. However, this took a major turn when he decided the work was done without fulfilling the original agreement of services. That (in and of itself) would have been really disappointing but when he became argumentative and fired up it was a whole new revelation and experience. I literally had to try and calm him down as he snapped and created a scene. My favorite part was when he pretended to be "gutted" by my surprise when he mentioned the conclusion of the project, while trying to make me feel guilty for not being excited about a 3/4 finished project. As the homeowner and client, I was shocked at how he handled things and still to this day have an incomplete yard after spending $14,000 for his expertise and services. Hopefully, no one else has this experience, but mine will never be forgotten and I've never been treated that way by anyone, especially a contractor that seemed to go out of his way to make promises at the beginning which gave us a false sense of collaboration in the project. Needless to say, he disappeared afterward and never followed up to resolve the matter after our discussion. He simply pouted, loaded up his truck, and bounced... you know, how professionals do. ;)

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category fencing, landscaping, lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 06/03/2021

This statement is completely false. This work was performed over 2 years ago and the workmanship, quality, timing and respect was there. The day of completion I could smell a strong odor of marijuana and the customer came out of his garage with a panic look on his face and rude demeanor. I feel attacked with his false statement

04/02/2021

mila C.

Joe was professional and good to respond to my questions. He was clear when I asked a lead time. letting me know once the order is placed that the arrival of materials was the longest part of the wait, three days for posts to set, and under an hour to place all the panels....I especially appreciate those exact details so I know realistically what to expect. My fence looks great! My friend needed quotes on her fence too and I sent her Joe’s number as the guy to go to!

Description of Work
Fence Install

Work Completed On 04/01/2021

03/11/2021

katria L.

They were expert in their advice and execution and were so reliable. They got the job done so quickly and it looks great! Definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 03/29/2021

03/02/2021

Shelley C.

Joe came out and discussed what neared to be done to fit me with a new driveway He also had a brochure to show me the kind of gate I would be getting. I had already had three other bids, but I decided to go with Joe and Best Fence. I paid the downpayment and work started the next day! I now have a beautiful gate—I'm getting compliments on it from all the neighbors! I would recommend Joe for any fencing needs and I will more than likely use him again.

Description of Work
Fencing Driveway Gates

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 03/02/2021

01/15/2021

Peter T.

We needed 230 feet of fence with 2 gates put in. Joe's company was easy to communicate with, showed up when they said they would, and installed a great looking fence. Joe's company was the third one we got a bid from for this work and by far the easiest to communicate with. Highly recommend.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 01/14/2021

01/08/2021

John D.

Excellent. He was flexible as to whether I wanted repair or replacement completely. I went with replacement and he gave a very good price on a high quality fence. Service was quick and responsive

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

12/11/2020

Suzanna C.

The pricing was very fair and they finished the job incredibly fast (3 days total for about 172 feet of fencing, including the removal of old fencing stuck in ivy roots). Joey was nice and professional; he really knows his stuff. He also fixed our gate while he was at it.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 12/11/2020

12/03/2020

Samantha P.

Joey and his team did a stellar job installing our new privacy fence. He went above and beyond to get the job finished. Very professional, friendly and communicative. We and our dog are enjoying our new fenced in yard!

Description of Work
Privacy fence + gate install

Category fencing, dog fence

Work Completed On 08/26/2020

12/03/2020

Amber A.

Joe and his team were super fast, reliable, and I love my fence!

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 11/24/2020

11/10/2020

Brian K.

never showed up, had to call all the time, would not return calls, I shouldn't have to chase a contractor to get them to do their job! This could have turned out to be a huge job, because depending on how Joe did on the job, would have landed him a 300' fence job, but I guess he couldn't be bothered.

Description of Work
A double gate system

Category driveway gates

Work Completed On 11/09/2020

10/30/2020

Breeann H.

Joey is really great! He came on time when expected and gave us a fair quote. We hired him and he scheduled us within a week. Again, they showed up on time as promised to do the work and even completed the fence earlier than expected to accommodate the challenges with our dogs. He was fair, polite, respectful, and accommodating. We'd hire him again in a minute!

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

10/06/2020

Diane K.

Joey was very amicable and charming. The work done by his crew repurposed parts of the damaged fence to repair downed sections from a windstorm along with new materials to complete the repairs. A lesson learned for next time would be to negotiate disposing materials from the site as they were left in my neighbor's yard.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

08/19/2020

Dan S.

Very friendly, engaging and professional.Great work, and already admiring neighbors want to know who did the fence. Joey patient and helpful.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 08/21/2020

06/16/2020

Steve R.

Joey did an excellent job! Quick to respond for review and quote. Delivered on promise to begin and end job in timely manner. Excellent service. Would definitely recommend!

Description of Work
fence replacement

Category fencing, dog fence

Work Completed On 06/11/2020

06/04/2020

Randi N.

They were amazing and I had no problem with their service.

Description of Work
Landscaping.

Category landscaping

Work Completed On 05/30/2020

05/20/2020

Chelsea C.

Joey did an amazing job!! So professional, quick, and an honest quote. I would 100% hire again for any other needs he can help with.

Description of Work
Fencing

Work Completed On 05/05/2020

Review for Best Fence & Gate Installation by Joe	 - 132 E Wentworth Ave, Salt Lake City, UT - 38606528