Advanced Window Products

Founded 1986 • With Angi since December 2008

3052 S 460 W

Salt Lake City, UT 84115

Advanced Window Products is Utah’s 1 Window replacement company. With an A rating with the BBB, we offer you great customer service and quality products at a fair price. We provide vinyl siding, replacement windows, replacement sliding glass doors and more for homeowners across Utah, as well as up into Idaho and Wyoming!...

10/19/2020

Cameron C.

Still haven’t received my windows that should have been here weeks ago and had no communication until this week. Can’t ever get ahold of them and when I finally did, they were unprofessional and had no information.

Description of Work
Replacement Windows

Category siding,replacement windows

12/13/2017

Judy S.

Todd came to my house in early October. We discussed what was needed and I ordered the windows. On December 5th, Justin and Jordan arrived on time and replaced all the windows (13 windows). It took them about 4 hours. They worked quickly but carefully. They cleaned up their mess and made sure I knew how the windows worked. They were very professional while they were here. They gave me a lifetime warranty on the windows. They are well built and designed to help lower my heating and cooling bills. On top of all that the windows look amazing! Would definitely recommendthis company to others.

Description of Work
Needed all windows in my home replaced.

10/01/2017

Bill B.

Installation went great. One day to install 15 windows.

Description of Work
Replace all the windows in the house.

04/12/2017

Christine E.

The work was done well and the men who came to the house were very professional and pleasant as well. It took about 10 days longer than originally announced for the windows to be ready for installation, and the communication about this could have been better. I was the one who had to call in every time for updates. Not the cheapest product, but high quality. The labor part was done well and with care. John and Dale were excellent and cleaned everything up nicely as well.

Description of Work
Replaced five windows and sliding door

03/29/2017

Tracey C.

Products arrived on time and were installed quickly and securely. The installers (Brad, Steve, and Juan) were a great group of guys and worked well together with professionalism and respect. They were careful with the lead-flagged window and placed plastic and caution tape where and when needed. They cleaned up the site and even hauled away the additional storm windows stored in the garage.

Description of Work
I had all 14 metal windows in my house replaced with vinyl ones. I also replaced the old metal slider with a new atrium door with dog-door insert. The company offered the style, color, and efficiency I wanted. My house now looks like the '40s bungalow it was intended to be. Overall, I am very satisfied!! I had two problems with the installation. - One of the windows in the basement operates properly but I am unable to remove them for cleaning. The interior ledge is too high and the windows are permanently in the track. - The insert in the atrium door with the dog-door is not the same color as the door. I ordered dark tan around the house but the insert is light tan. I was not told that dark tan was not available when I ordered the door. When I emailed Darren, my sales person, he stated that he thought it was the same color, and that was it. He made no offer to come and inspect the door nor an offer to have the insert re-manufactured. Darren was just happy I was overall satisfied. I will contact the company directly and see what can be done.

12/07/2016

Billy J.

ordered on Oct 5 2016 and installed on Dec 2, I was told the order would take 4-6 weeks. I had to call them to find out the windows were in. Communication from them was non existent. I filled out a sheet with comments and rated the install "dissatisfied" after installation and never heard a word from the company. Door came with the wrong screen. Screen was delivered and installed a week later. The sliding glass door did not fit, so it was hammered in place cracking the drywall in my living room. The crack was repaired a week later. The lock on the sliding door was and still is hard to work. If the mounting screws are loose it is ok, If it is tightened it catches; I am hoping it gets better in time. I ordered the small doggie door and my miniature dachshund is having a time getting used to it. The bottom of the door is 7 1/2" high from the floor so she has to go up and over to get out. There is a lip along the bottom of the door you have to step over. Abby is slowly getting used to it, but she hates it . She has used an insert door since she was a pup. So if you have a small dog, I would not order this door. The pictures in the brochure, "Patio Pet Door" are not accurate. ( See pic of my door)

Description of Work
Purchased 2 large picture windows and a 6 ft sliding glass patio door with "doggie door"

09/22/2016

Deborah B.

Great. They were very efficient in getting everything set up and installed. We love our ten new windows. Pricing and quality are recommended.

Description of Work
Ten new windows.

06/08/2016

Robert J.

The salesman came to give me a bid the day after I asked for one. He was professional. I was sold on the product right away. They even had someone come and measure every window so that they could manufacture the windows exactly to size. One small issue was that I added two windows to the job when the employee came to measure. I felt like the original windows were a good price but the overcharged me a little for the two additional windows. They installed the windows in a single day. That was great. They cleaned up everything nicely. And the windows themselves are beautiful, reduce solar gain by an immense amount, and block more sound than I thought they would. I am very happy with the windows! However there were some small bumps in the installation process. 1) they didn't coordinate with the stucco company. They seemed to need the stucco removed and the wall prepared in a particular way for their installation. The stucco company did not prepare it how they needed it. And instead of telling me or the stucco company they just went ahead with the installation even though that created some significant issues. If the stucco company hadn't been meticulous about creating a waterproof barrier I would have had leakage occur because of their failure to communicate. 2) They also didn't install all of the windows exactly right. This was a small issue but on the outside where the window meets the wood they were sloppy on a number of windows. They had to come back out and re-do that part (it did not require removing the window, just working with the water barrier). They were very responsive to fixing that, however, 3) the stucco company had already fixed some of the problems by the time they came out to re-do the outside of the windows that weren't made watertight. They promised me that they would communicate with the stucco company so that I would not be charged additional money by either company - they assured me that part of the improper installation was the stucco company's fault (see point number 1 above). However, they didn't communicate well here either, just talking to a stucco employee and not the owner and the employee didn't even agree with them. So I was left in the middle to try to decide who was in the and who was in the wrong. I wish they had followed through like they said they would so I didn't have that headache. Finally, be careful to ensure that the warranty is what the salespeople say it will be. Part of what sold me on this product was that they warranted the window against any kind of breakage- any kind! However, when I got the actual warranty it was the exact opposite and excluded almost all kinds of breakage. They did remedy that and issued me an addendum that matched what the saleman had said but it required two weeks of calls and phone tag and even a little bit of threat before they remedied the situation. To sum up. The windows themselves are wonderful. They are exactly what was ordered and I am very, very happy with them. The installation was somewhat problematic. Just make sure they communicate with the other contractors if you have stucco. Finally, make sure the warranty is what they say it is. Read it carefully and fight for what was represented to you if it doesn't match what you were expecting.

Description of Work
Replaced 10 windows

03/17/2015

Cari A.

We had Advanced replace all of the windows in our house. Most of them are fine, but the tilt-in double hung ones are totally drafty and let all kinds of bugs in -- especially dozens of box elder bugs. We never had this problem with our old aluminum frame windows. I called Advanced customer service, and the lady on the phone informed me that is "normal" for the tilt-in style of window and there was nothing that could be done. I can't believe they sell windows that have a known design flaw.

Description of Work
Replaced 17 windows.

03/13/2015

Sam A.

The overall windows are great and we love the windows and have been mostly satisfied. However when the installers installed the windows we were told they just "Forgot' the foam gun to seal around the windows they said they would return and to this day never did, leaving these 2 inches gaps in the side of the windows to the wall just allow air to gush through, In the end I just seal the windows myself.. Not too big deal but considering the large purchase I feel like that shouldn't of been my issue. Aside from that when they installed the window in our bathroom they cracked and broke the tile around bathroom didn't say a thing and just used a piece of white flashing to patch it up does not look great. Also on our front window has stucco we were told had they have the frame over it, we agreed to it because we thought that was the standard process in new window replacements however now when it came time to bid for a new roof we now have contractors telling us it is just a cheap way of doing a good job. So now every time we see our window in the front we think.. Well we wish we would of went with some other company now knowing we could of had a better job done. Also when we ordered our sliding glass door we were told by the salesman that there was only one sliding door to choose from and we thought we also mention we wanted a lock and and the salesman assured us it will. Well then the installers come and install the windows and the new door and they told us we didn't get the new door and that there was another locking option on the door than what we were given. Now the current lock we have on the door does not lock all that you need to do is push the door open with a bit of force and it opens. We of course contacted them about our complaints and they tried once to contact us when we missed their call and they we never heard from them again.. So to say the least We are very displeased with the service we received and will not use them again.

Description of Work
Install new windows in whole home

Category roofing,replacement windows,doors