American Appliance

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2006

Family owned company with 20+ employees established in 1985. Cost is quoted upfront after $70 trip and diagnostic fee (1/9/19). We provide quality appliance, heating, and air conditioning repair on all major brands. We service the Salt Lake Valley and Utah County (Lehi to Provo). We strive to provide timely, honest service to our customers in a way that will alleviate stress, improve comfort, and build trust. Have an emergency? Need to repair a broken appliance? Give us a call! We’d love to help!...

A Service Provider's profile image

+5 more images

appliance repair (146)HVAC Companies (6)small appliance repair (5)water heaters (1)plumbers (1)

08/24/2022

Jill S.

Took forever for the part to come in, though that may not be their fault, the tech said he'd call and didn't. And when I called he was not showing any concern or care for the fact our refrigerator wasn't working for approx 4-6 weeks. He added additional insulation and it was back to working but it's been 2 months and now it's not keeping the temp again. Of course there is a 30 day labor warranty and he's given notice and they have no one else to do appliance repair. So I would not recommend choosing.

Description of Work
refrigerator wasn't keeping temp

Work Completed On 06/18/2022

04/08/2021

Karen & Vern G.

Went fine. He had to order a part and when he didn't call for days, I had to call him. He got the part and put it in the next day. Machine working well. I will use him again. Prices reasonable. He came at the time he said he would. He worked quickly and left everything clean & how he found it.

Description of Work
washing machine repair

Work Completed On 12/29/2020

02/17/2021

karen H.

Jason was professional and experienced. He knew right away what was wrong. Fix three problems and was done in just over an hour.

Description of Work
Microwave that turned on when opened Oven door that would close completely Faulty freezer light

Work Completed On 02/17/2021

12/15/2020

Len M.

Very good - well done. LG compressors no good after only 2 years

Description of Work
Change Fridge compressor

Work Completed On 12/12/2020

09/30/2020

Chad F.

The project was completed promptly and we’ve had no issue getting ahold of the company with questions.

Description of Work
Refrigerator ice maker repair

Category small appliance repair, appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 09/29/2020

03/17/2020

Hiroko S.

This company has great customer service, and prompt for time. This company work closely with fridge company and try to get the best lower cost for me. I really love this company, and I want to use them again.

Description of Work
compressor for fridge

Work Completed On 03/13/2020

02/19/2020

John P.

Relieved my fridge wasn't dead for good. Parts and labor were reasonable

Description of Work
Fixed refrigerator

Work Completed On 02/19/2020

02/08/2020

Greg H.

It went great! Sterling with American Appliance was excellent to work with, and he was very respectful of my time and home. I would definitely hire them again.

Description of Work
Dishwasher install

Cost $67.5

Work Completed On 02/06/2020

01/10/2020

Pamela M.

Jason did an excellent job figuring out what was wrong with the dryer and fixing it.

Description of Work
Dryer repair.

Work Completed On 01/02/2020

12/03/2019

Teressa O.

They diagnosed the problem and ordered the part. As soon as the part came in they called and set up the appointment. They were courteous and professional.

Description of Work
Dishwasher repair

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

11/20/2019

Cheryl S.

Sterling came right on time and explained what the problem was. He had to order the part and it took about a week for the part to come in. Sterling came back, replaced the part and my dishwasher is now working like new again. The price was fair, the work was done efficiently and professionally. I will definitely call them again if I need an appliance repaired.

Description of Work
Replace control board in dishwasher

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

11/19/2019

Orrin C.

Well done. Some delay in getting part due to age of machine -- they worked hard to get the part.

Description of Work
Refrigerator

Category appliance repair, small appliance repair

Work Completed On 11/19/2019

10/31/2019

Sharon E J.

very smoothly - cost less than I expected

Description of Work
replace washing machine drain pump

Work Completed On 10/26/2019

10/31/2019

Dave W.

Josh was prompt and professional. He answered all questions and was in and out in 15 minutes!

Description of Work
Icemaker Replacement

Work Completed On 10/29/2019

09/12/2019

Jane M.

Excellent!! Professional and price is right.

Description of Work
Service A/C

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 06/12/2018

08/22/2019

Alice H.

Good. Prompt and quickly installed !

Description of Work
Installation of washing machine

Work Completed On 08/21/2019

08/16/2019

Akim T.

My freezer is not cooling so I told them maybe that's the reason why. They showed up on Tuesday and they said it's now fine. The following day, I called them to let them know there's still no ice. To my surprise, they couldn't come out. They said they'll come Friday. They came out this morning and hoping to get it to work. I had to leave so I said "Call me when you're done." He called me around 8:00 and said the ice maker sensor is the problem. First of all, he didn't tell me that when he came on Tuesday. Don't you think you have to check on that when you left? I'm disappointed because you didn't tell me that the first time. He asked me how am I going to pay for a 2-day service. This is the service that you are supposed to do on Tuesday. He said if we keep on talking about this I'm gonna increase the price. I told him "Let me talk to a supervisor." If they rectify the problem I will use them again but if they don't no.

Description of Work
My fridge is not making ice.

Category appliance refinishing

Work Completed On 08/16/2019

08/11/2019

Anil P.

Very neat and professional work. The work was performed by Jeffery who was very courteous and completed the job on time. Overall very pleased with 'American Appliance'.

Description of Work
Installed new Microwave and added an outside vent.

Work Completed On 08/07/2019

06/12/2019

Phyllis A.

Young man was prompt and efficient. Quickly diagnosed the problem, defrosted and repaired the refrigerator in half an hour! Totally cleaned up and the refrigerator has been working fine.

Description of Work
Repair old refrigerator

Work Completed On 06/04/2019

Thank you so much for your wonderful review! We are more than happy to help with any future projects you may have.

10/24/2018

Sharon S.

They are really good and they don't leave a mess and are very courteous. I have used them for years and will continue. joe is really great, he is usually the one who helps me.

Description of Work
Hook up my A/C for me every year

Work Completed On 10/08/2018

09/26/2018

Robert G.

Too slow and not very competent. I have yet more expense ahead as the appliance is NOT yet fixed. He will charge additional money now for parts and additional labor to get it running again. I am very dissatisfied.

Description of Work
Dishwasher would not fill with water. Just to diagnose the problem he charged 2 hours labor because he is not competent and spend a lot of his time on the phone seeking expert help from someone else at American.

Work Completed On 09/26/2018

I'm very sorry we did not meet your expectations. We strive to provide a quality service at a great price. I would be happy to speak with you and try to make things right for you. Please give me a call Ken at 801-254-2566

09/26/2018

ROGER L.

Abdul from AA quickly diagnosed the problem as a design error in Samsung refrigerators that causes the cooling fan near the coolant tubes to become covered in ice and stop turning, thus stopping the cooling of the refrigerator portion of the unit. He suggested that I simply turn off the our freezer/fridge for a day to let the ice melt. He would return ASAP to properly insulate the fan from the coolant tubes. Upon return, he made the need alteration and the refrigerator came back to life and works like charm!

Description of Work
Our Samsung refrigerator had stopped cooling.

Work Completed On 08/10/2018