Bernies Plumbing & Heating Co

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2006

PO Box 42

Provo, UT 84603

Owner-Operated. No subs. Charges by the hour. No travel charges. No service fee....

08/17/2020

Kathryn S.

When I thought I had a water pressure problem, I was worried. I called Bernie’s. Glenn answered and said he was in the vicinity and would come as soon as possible, which he did. I appreciated his pleasant personality and kindness for not making me feel like a dumb bell for getting panicked over what turned out to be a small issue. He replaced the faulty part but then refused to be paid for it! He also adjusted my bathroom sink stoppers to function more efficiently. I will gladly recommend Bernie’s to others. I appreciated his honesty and outstanding workmanship.

Description of Work
Low water pressure made washing dishes a slow process. Also, bathroom sink stoppers were not doing the job needed.

01/11/2018

Heidi S.

Great! I have used Bernie"s Plumbing and Heating for all my repairs in the past 3 years. He has been wonderful to work with and his prices very fair. I have had a few emergency with my home and I have received prompt service, he makes you feel as though he really cares about the inconvenience that you are facing. I like that in those that I hire. Thank you Bernie.

Description of Work
Shower Faucet and control knob. ( In the past he has fixed my furnace, air conditioner and put in a new water heater that was leaking. He helped me get control of the situation over the phone! So I did not have damage while he came to the rescue ! ).

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac, plumbing, water heater repair

It has been a pleasure to help you in your times of need. Flooding from leaking water heaters is not fun, glad I could talk you through the step to avoid a disaster. A home that is hot during the summer months is not comfortable. So happy that we could easily repair your air conditioner and get your home cooling again.

10/19/2017

Brooke M.

Glen was quick and fixed the problem and was friendly !

Description of Work
Bernie's plumbing and heating IS as good as it gets! My garbage deposal stopped working and I was sure I would have to get a new one and he came in got it going again and was out the door. He didn't try to sell me a new one and he worked quick because he knew I had to head back to work. They are trust worthy ! They never over charge and the are quick! Best plumbing and heating company in Orem, Utah

Category plumbing

Glad I could help you resolve your plumbing needs without a big expense and able to get you back to work. Please let me know if I can help in the future.

08/13/2016

Michele R.

We spoke with Glenn at Bernie's. He was extremely helpful. He gave us a couple of tasks to perform so we could identify whether it was actually the valve in the basement or something else. Once we had done these things, we phoned him back. He was able to tell us it was not the valve to the house, but actually something in our sprinkler system outside, which will require a sprinkler specialist. We were more than prepared to hire Glenn for the job, but he doesn't do that kind of work, unfortunately. We are extremely grateful that he helped us locate the problem and that we were able to shut off the water in that area to avoid further problems. We have had a lot of difficulties this year, and having this help made a huge difference. We will definitely hire Glenn the next time we have a plumbing issue he actually works with. Thanks, Glenn!

Description of Work
We had a loud drilling and knocking noise in our basement that the city had said was our pressure regulator valve. When we shut it off, we could still hear it, so we called Bernie's to see if they could help us identify it and possibly fix it.

Category plumbing

I was glad to help you determine where the noise was coming from before coming and charging you for something that I don't work on. I hope that if you need help in the future with a plumbing, heating or air conditioning need you will call. Thank you again for a positive review.

04/02/2016

John T.

Description of Work
Glenn was absolutely great, he came in and fixed the problem in the short term (without a charge) while we were waiting on a part.

12/08/2013

DeLynn D.

I had a toilet overflow 3 times in 2 days. He ended up replacing the toilet with a new one that would never overflow because of its design. He also fixed a minor problem with another toilet while he was here. The new toilet was $400. He recommended a disaster clean up service who came and gave a bid that I did not go with and did not like.

Description of Work
I used BERNIES PLUMBING AND HEATING CO

Category plumbing

Thank you for your business and hope if you need further help you will call me. You were very pleasant to work with also.

06/09/2013

Patricia C.

We chose Bernies Plumbing for the best phone estimate to replace the valve that controlled the sprinkler system that was about 4 feet deep. When excavated, we found that the galvanized pipe had to be replaced. The part that had to be trenched was covered with sod after completion. Most of the line was pulled underground so it didn't disturb my garden. I've been told by other plumbers that it takes skill to pull through a new line that distance, so I think I got a great deal.

Description of Work
Replaced two valves and water line from meter to inside the house--about 40 feet.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for you business. I try to complete work without doing more damage than necessary. It was my pleasure to help you and look forward to helping you again when needs arise.

03/06/2013

HEIDI E.

It went great. Glenn is great guy to work with. He is very fast with his response time and is very honest.

Description of Work
He repaired a water heater that was leaking.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for you business, look forward to helping you again

11/01/2012

Barb S.

I called Bernie's and reached Glen--who immediately made an appointment for the same day. He arrived on time, and had completed the job within just a few minutes! I would recommend Bernie's. They also came in $20 below the other plumbers I called.

Description of Work
Removed a clog in the bathroom drain.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

11/19/2009

Roger S.

Glen came the next day, after his regular work day, instead of three days later as we had agreed. He fixed the problem and checked the other hose under the sink. The whole thing took 15 minutes. The problem was simply that the handyman hadn't tightened the connection after installing the cold water hose. Glen charged $88, which did seem high to me for 15 minutes work, but we felt it was worth the peace of mind. I had mentioned that I also wanted the dishwasher hose checked, but I had mentioned it as kind of an aside, rather than putting any emphasis on it, so although that didn't get done, I didn't grade him low on that. He knows what he's doing and I think went out of his way to come as soon as he reasonably could. I told him that we had chosen him from Angie's List after reading the reviews on him, including the negative one. The next time I need plumbing work done I'll get a cost estimate from him and another plumber who also does good work.

Description of Work
We had a handyman replace the hot and cold water pipes under the kitchen sink with the flexible hoses that are now used in home construction. We also had the hose to the dishwasher replaced. A couple of days later the cold water hose popped out of its connector. After turning the water off at the valve, we called Bernie because we wanted a professional plumber to check and make sure that wouldn't happen again with any of the three hoses. I explained that we were without hot water to the kitchen sink until it was fixed. Glen said that he was scheduled full for the next couple of days, so we set an appointment for 3 days later. He said he'd come earlier if he could.

Category plumbing

We charge hourly, have a minimum hour charge for work. We have travel time also built into that hour. I have always been good about doing an extra repair even if the time is over the hour charge. Thank you for your business and hope that you will give me another chance to help if the need arises.

07/15/2008

MICAH O.

Very bad.

Description of Work
He came out to look at a leaky faucet in the house (and give an estimate for HVAC installation). Said that he did not have a trip charge. He tightened one nut (without asking me if I wanted him to complete work or not). Then said "That should do it!" And charged me $60, saying that normally he has a minimum charge of $80, but would do me a favor. It took him all of 2 minutes to do it. He also missed one appointment and had to schedule a week out to get back. Had family medical issues.

Category plumbing

This member is not telling the total truth. Yes, I missed an appointment because my father was dying from cancer and it was very overwhelming. When I got to the home, he took me to the basement and showed a water valve that controlled the sprinkler system. It was tight against the basement wall and would have been expensive to replace. I explained to him that I could tighten the packing nut with a special tool that I have. He said that he would be happy if I could repair the valve without replacing it. It is true that it took me 2 minutes to repair the valve but I spent 15 minutes explaining the options. He also had sprinkler problems and I told him I could do the work but would rather refer him to a sprinkler person. I gave him the name of my sprinkler guy which he called and had do the repairs thus saving him money. He deleted that from his response. I have a minimum service charge and thought that I was nice giving him a $20.00 discount. I spent another 45 minutes going over his heating system and possibility of adding central air. I would never have done the work without him giving the permission before hand. It was interesting that just a couple months ago he called me to come and do some other plumbing repairs to his home. I choose to not go back and do more work for him because of his dishonest report posted here. I couldn't understand why someone who was so unhappy with my professional work would call again. I could have done the sprinkler repairs for him and not saved him money by referring my friend. I have many happy and satisfied customers who continue to use me and refer me to their friends. I would also be understanding of another's concern for a family member with medical issues. I guess that I should have charged him the $80 so that he would have been happier. I think that the other reports in my profile speak for my character and professional knowledge of my profession.

12/04/2006

HEATHER N.

Job 1: The plumber, Glenn, was wonderful. Not only did he come on time, but he was clean, organized, and friendly. He completed the entire job in less than 20 minutes. I will definitely use them again! Job 2: Glenn squeezed us into his full schedule and came over when he said he would. He not only fixed the leaking faucet but helped us procure a key for our sprinkler/water box so we could drain the system and avoid leaks in the future. He was thorough, friendly, and efficient. I will continue to use Bernie's Plumbing in the future.

Description of Work
Job 1: I had a leaking garbage disposal and they replaced it with a new one.($169.) Job 2: The faucet in our backyard was dripping water even though it was turned off.($129.)

Category plumbing

Thank you for the opportunity to help you. Thank you so much for the many friends that you have and continue to refer. You have been a very loyal customer.

10/10/2006

CHRISTOPHER P.

Awesome - I was a little doubtful when I saw all of the glowing reports, but thought we would give him a try and he did a great job. Bernie apparently is retired and it was his son who did the work. He arrived at our home within an hour after we called him, with a new water heater and the bill was exactly what he quoted us - even though he had to remove a water softener to put the water heater in. Thanks for the recommendation!

Description of Work
Removed an old water heater and put in a new one.

Category plumbing, water heater repair

Thank you for the opportunity to be of service. If needs arise again, hope you will call me

06/08/2006

He's very dependable. His prices are reasonable. He is also very nice. We are repeat customers.

Description of Work
They installed some new faucets.

06/08/2006

Bernie's plumbing finished the plumbing in our bathroom. I would recommend this company to my friends and family. They are hard working and trustworthy. I have had no problems with the work that they completed.

Description of Work
They finished the bathroom in our home.

06/08/2006

They were very dependable. When the job was completed, they made sure to follow-up and return to make adjustments to the job if needed.

Description of Work
They installed a faucet.

06/08/2006

I feel they did a great job. I have used him before and he does a wonderful job. This company is honest and very busy, but I feel they were worth the wait for the work that they perform.

Description of Work
I had this company come in and fix a leak in the drain.

George F.

I hired this company to come out and fix my leaky shower. He didn't even charge me for that. We had a seriously bad plumbing problem. He was able to pinpoint the problem right away and fixed everything in a timely manner.

Description of Work
They fixed the plumbing in my shower.