MUDDY BOYS INC

With Angi since June 2007

3.2

115 N GENEVA RD

Orem, UT 84057

NO SUBS. COST IS DETERMINED BY THE JOB. ADDITIONAL EMAIL: PLANS@MUDDYBOYS.COM, RESIDENTIAL@MUDDYBOYS.COM, COMMERCIAL@MUDDYBOYS.COM, WARRANTY@MUDDYBOYS.COM, ACCOUNTING@MUDDYBOYS.COM & SYSADMIN@MUDDYBOYS.COM.

03/16/2019

Michael T.

Horrible. The manager assigned to the job did not listen to our needs, typical 30 something! Then when all was completed we discovered a damaged window that needed to be replace for over 500 dollars. They took of the alarm contacts, lost them! Contacted Keith the manager of residential services, tried to blow me off for 100 bucks! Looser. Zero integrity! Horrible company, don't use them.

Description of Work
Basement Drywall

12/28/2016

Steven T.

Wonderful! Our whole house turned out beautiful! I can see why these guys have been in business for over 20 years! We had almost no issues with the work at all! I definitely Recommend them!

Description of Work
We were building our new house, and needed drywall.

12/18/2016

Douglas D.

I sent in a request for a repair bid online. My first indication of the companies poor quality should have been the fact that it took two weeks to get a response The quote was higher than other smaller shops but I was hoping to pay more in order to get better workmanship. On the day of the appointment, one person showed up. He seemed like a nice guy but spoke absolutely no English. I couldn't even communicate with him while offering him something to drink. The ceiling had a 4x8 area that was damaged. That's what was sent in for the repair quote. The worker only removed a 4x4 section of the damaged area and then reworked the edges around the new 4x4 drywall, and repaired the seams around the old 4x4 section. The seams were patched and the entire area was textured all in a 2 hour period. He left without saying a word. I was in the other room and came in to check on the project and everything was packed up and gone. I had no way of knowing how well the repair had gone by just looking at it. The ceiling was white and the repair work was beige. I waited several days and never heard from the company - so I painted the repaired area. After the painting, I could easily see the two 4x4 repaired areas. I hoped that it would look better once the paint dried, but it didn't. Not only were the seams mismatched from the rest of the ceiling, but the repaired area was much thicker. Instead of scraping off the old material, the worker added a thicker layer over the original texture - causing shadows all around the repaired section of the ceiling... It looked like a jr. high school project. Shortly afterwards I was contacted by the company to make payment and I shared my concerns. The woman was very nice and said she would have someone come out and fix the problem. A few months went by and I received an email saying that the work was all done and that the bill was past due. I told her that nobody had contacted me to follow up on the project and she said she would look into it - again. A few weeks later I received a voicemail saying that the work was done and that they were going to send my account to collections for payment. I immediately called them back and restated that nobody had come out to look at the problem or even bothered to call me. She finally setup an appointment to fix the problem. On the day of the appointment I opened the door and was stunned to see the SAME worker as before -- all alone. Again, there was no way to communicate my concerns about the ceiling... I called the company, afraid that if he didn't fix the problem right this time, that they would put me through the same circus as before. I asked if they could send someone out who could do a better job or at least someone that spoke english so I could explain what was wrong. The best they were willing to do was have me speak to a women on the phone... tell her what needed to be fixed, and then have her explain it to the worker on site... I told her I was concerned that I didn't know the best way to fix the ceiling and I didn't want to tell them what needed to be done in order to fix it (I'm not the expert), but I can only tell them what my concerns are, and that I was relying on their expertise for the best way to go about doing the repair work. But they insisted that I just work through her by phone... After the call, he spent twenty minutes retexturing the edges and left. Of course it still looks terrible. I emailed them phots (since they refused to send someone else to the job site), and they said that it was the best that they were able to do, and that if I wanted it done any better, the entire ceiling would need to be replaced - costing several thousand dollars!! This would have been good information to know in advance, and something I could have discussed with them, had they sent somebody out that could explain to me the area or the problems and what my options were. So now I'm left with this terrible looking ceiling that's going to need to be taken out and replaced by someone else. Obviously I would never trust Muddy Boys to do the work. UPDATE: One month later... one of the ugly seams has now developed a crack right through the middle.

Description of Work
Drywall repair in ceiling (4x8 area).

11/04/2016

Cynthia J.

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY. I am so tired of being disregarded by companies that do not value your time or care about you as a client. I stayed home to have them start a project and gave them my phone number etc... to contact me and it was a complete waste of my time and the effort of not having access to my bathroom and laundry room for the week. PLEASE SEND YOUR BUSINESS TO SOMEONE WHO APPRECIATES YOUR BUSINESS!

Description of Work
Drywall replacement and repair

02/04/2016

Jeff F.

Turned one upstairs bedroom into an office. Knocked out a wall and added French doors and covered the existing door. Most the work was done, just mud and finish work needed around the old and new doors. With about 5 -10 square feet of Sheetrock to be added above the French doors. I had the sheet rock so all they needed to bring was the mud, tools and manpower

Description of Work
Nothing but a quote of $1200 for maybe 30 square feet of drywall, muddling and finish work. TThey were recommended by a co-worker. After seeing the mediocre reviews on Angie's list, I was not real impressed. But nonetheless, I gave them the benefit of the doubt. I had 1 regular door that was removed and replaced with sheet rock. It only needed mud and finish work on both sides. The second door was a French door that needed the sheet rock, mud and finish work done on both sides (The top and a foot on each side of the door). I had the sheet rock already so all they needed was the mud, tools and manpower. He showed up for the bid, looked around the room and said, "it looks good, just line up the French door so it looks better with the finish work. We will email you the bid" they did just that, it was $1200 bucks. RIDICULOUS!! I was so taken back by the bid so I called them. The guy said "I wasn't there, I don't know what needs to be done" I do, go somewhere else. I totally felt like they were trying to take advantage of me. I do not recommend Muddy Boys.

01/09/2015

David N.

We were quoted $250 for the job, and given a date and time for the service to start. They never showed up. We called and were given another date and time. They again never showed up. We were assured that we would be a "priority" after the first of the year for a mutually agreed date and time of 12/5 at 8:00 a.m. By 8:45 a.m., they had not showed up, so I called them. I was assured their patch guy was running "25-30 minutes behind" - I waited an additional 30 minutes, and left. I got a phone call from the patch guy on my way to work asking me if I still wanted him to come by...

Description of Work
We asked Muddy Boys to come to our home to fill in an opening between a hallway and a living room.

01/09/2013

Jonathan W.

Muddy Boys (MB) were contracted to drywall my basement. They told me it would take 3 to 4 days to complete including tape and texture. First day sheetrock delivery was 6hrs late not MB but contracted. Had trouble getting the sheet rock downstairs. I asked about them pulling a window and we did that which I had to tear up one of my stud walls to accomplish. After the delivery was done I asked them to re-install my window. I was told that they don't do that. So that was on me too. MB contract sheetrock crew then decides it's lunch time after sitting in my driveway for 6 hours. The end of day one saw very little sheetrock hung. MB hanging crew did not speak english and had no idea when or if the drywall was coming and overall did a semi sloppy job. After 2 more days the had it hung and the tape and texture crew showed up. They spoke some english. They spent I believe 3 more days too finish. I asked for an old world finish and when the crew finished I could not see texture from 3 feet away from the wall. I informed MB about my displeasure and they informed me that was the new way of doing it. I went to their office and asked to see a sample of an old world finish and was shown a wall with texture I expected. After 3 weeks of discussions and more money than agreed upon the crew returned and added more texture. Summary I was very upset with the way my job was handled and I was always put behind other jobs in priority. I don't believe anybody who did the work, actually worked for MB. Save yourself a lot of stress and heartbreak. Or just go hire any cut rate crew bypass the middle man. The money that you save you can use on therapy.

Description of Work
Drywalled my basement.

04/21/2011

Seth C.

Terrible! I called to set up an appointment for an estimate, left a message with the receptionist and it took 3 days to hear back from anyone. After setting up the appointment for the next day, the estimator (Jimmy) is a no-show. After waiting 45 minutes I call and ask if I got the time wrong. Nope! I'm assuming he forgot because I heard him instruct the receptionist to tell me he was on his way. 30 min later he arrives, no apology or mention of making me wait over an hour. After getting measurements and instructions that I wanted 5/8 inch drywall, squared corners, smooth texture, etc, he says he will have the bid to me later that day. 3 more days later I receive an email with the price for 1/2 dry wall and rounded corners. Apparently he didn't even listen to me! Needless to say their professionalism, punctuality, reliability is horrid, on top of that, the bid price was higher than any of the four others I had received. Will not hire or recommended.

Description of Work
I wanted a bid for drywall, tape, mud, texture for my small unfinished basement. The total squarefootage of walls and ceilings total around 2700. I requested an estimate for 5/8 inch drywall (for sound), square corners, smooth texture, 3 way wrap windows, and brush ceiling.

10/14/2010

David J.

it was an hourly agreement. The worker was dedicated and fast, however, the quality wasn't as good as I was hoping for.

Description of Work
wall patching and installing dry wall and mud to a couple small areas.

07/29/2010

Jarron P.

contacted the companies web site to request a bid and never received any response.

05/07/2009

Jennifer S.

Quick estimate, professional. The sheetrock hangers were especially hard workers. They showed up very early in the morning and worked in the evening to get the work done on time. They were very pleasant. The work was superb! They also dealt with several schedule changes on our part.

Description of Work
Sheetrock 1200 square feet with several special details

01/15/2009

KEM E.

I am very satisfied with the work. They did a good job and cleaned up after. They did this in a very constricted time period. I would hire them again.

Description of Work
They sheet rocked my basement.

06/29/2007

JIM B.

The reason why I pick people is because of their professionalism. If they are not very professional when they give their estimate, then I won't use them. These guys were very professional and I liked that they got out there and got the job done fast.

Description of Work
They installed 10,000 square feet of Sheetrock in a 40,000 square foot residential building that I own.