Any Hour Electric Plumbing Heating & Air

Founded 1961 • With Angi since March 2011

4.2

1374 W 130 S

Orem, UT 84058

Any Hour Services thinks there should be no place safer or more comfortable than your home. And to help you keep it that way, we strive to help homeowners with as many service needs as we can. Our technicians have helped tens of thousands of homeowners across the Wasatch Front with their Electrical, Plumbing, Solar, Drains, Heating & Air repairs and installation projects....

06/15/2022

Mindy M.

This company is set up to come into your home and upsell you by making the small problem that you called them about a really big problem. We contacted them about a simple attic fan repair. We were then”sold” on an entirely new electric panel. When it came to repairing the actual problem we initially called about they had to order the new attic fan because the technician apparently didn’t measure the adequate size to begin with and brought the incorrect size. I scheduled an appointment directly with the technician to come back the same day he ordered the new fan. The technician never showed up. My husband called the company and they indicated that was his day off and weren’t sure why he would schedule something on his day off. We rescheduled for the following week. We confirmed the appointment and waited all morning only to receive a call indicating they would not be coming. We cancelled the service altogether. My opinion is that the technician got his big sale on installing an entirely new electrical panel and had no intention of following through on the small inconvenient repair we originally called about. Don’t use this company call an independent electrician/HVAC company.

Description of Work
Attic Fan Repir

02/23/2022

Christian T.

This is the most unethical business I have ever came across. I would give 0 stars if it would let me. We had our tenant call us to tell us their furnace wasn't working in our rental house so we called Any Hour to come out and look at it. The tech told us that we needed to replace the furnace that it would be more expensive to repair it then to just by a new one. He then said they have to send out their sales rep to talk with us about our options. They sent out the Sales Rep Bowen the next evening around 5:00 pm. We had him come to our house instead of the rental property so we didn't have to disturb the tenant again since we were just going to be picking out a furnace to replace it with. He comes in and seems like a very nice guy and goes over everything with us and we agree on a furnace. He then asks us if we want to put down a deposit but said we didn't have to. We didn't have a problem with giving a deposit because we were planning on having it replaced anyways. He then hands my husband his tablet with a blank signature page and tells him he needs him to sign this giving them permission to do the work. After they left we got a call from our tenant saying they had called someone to come look at it because they hadn't heard from us and that they replaced the ignitor and it is working great. Only charged them $100.00. They proceeded to tell us that the repair guy told them that whoever put the ignitor in had broken it when they installed it which is why it quit working. He said the furnace is in great condition other than that. Well needless to say we had Any Hour out there a couple months before and they were the ones that replaced the ignitor and apparently broke it. So with that we called and emailed Any Hour the very next morning not even 12 hours later to cancel the order and refund the deposit because the tenants had it fixed and we don't need the furnace. They went ahead and canceled the order and said they would have the finance department process the refund. I waited a few days and didn't hear anything so I checked my card statement and of course they processed the payment but didn't refund it. I sent them another email and again no response. So I called them and they told me they would have someone call me and get it taken care of. A guy named Josh called me back and proceeds to tell me that there will be no refund it was a non refundable deposit and that he had talked to Bowen and he told him he had went over this with us. I quickly learned what Bowen's integrity is worth. He kept saying it is on the invoice you signed that the deposit is non refundable, well we never seen an invoice until after my husband had signed a blank screen and Bowen had left and had sent it to us. I didn't even think to look at it. The fact is Bowen never discussed this with us why would I have put down a deposit when he told me I didn't have to and it was completely up to me. If I would have known it was non refundable of course I wouldn't have put down a deposit, I would have just waited and paid in full after it was installed. He never once told us that. So I proceed to ask Josh to speak with his supervisor and he refused to let me and says he will have him call me. I told him I did not want to wait because they are not good at getting back to people and would appreciate if he could just give me his supervisors number so I could call him. He refused and told me he would make sure his supervisor reaches out. It has now been over a week and his supervisor still has not called me so that is why I decided to share my experience. This is horrible business ethics how are you going to keep $1300.00 from somebody when you did absolutely nothing and lied to them about needing a new furnace in the first place? I understand charging me the $50 call out fee but keeping $1300 come on have some integrity.

Description of Work
Furnace Repair

Category electrician, heating & air conditioning/hvac

12/24/2021

Mitch M.

My wife called this company to fix a leak in one pex elbow fitting. ONE FITTING THAT IS NOT COPPER. They charged us $585 to Replace ONE FITTING. YOU CAN BUY ALL THE PARTS AT LOWES, BUY THE PEX CRIMP TOOL ALL FOR LESS THAN $100 AND IT WOULD HAVE TAKEN ME 20 MINUTES TO FIX! THIS COMPANY CHARGES OUTRAGEOUS PRICES. DO NOT USE UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE SCREWED.

Description of Work
Fixed a leaking pex fitting

Category electrician, plumbing

10/21/2021

Steve M.

They sent two technicians out to look at my furnace, they told me the gas valve, the motherboard, and the fan motor were all bad and would need to be replaced before the furnace would work. They quoted me 3300.00 to have those parts replaced, I paid them their 59.99 service charge and called another company. The technician from the second company tested all three parts which were perfectly fine. He replaced and adjusted the igniter and had my furnace running in twenty minutes and charged me 200 bucks. This company sends salesman to your house not technicians trying to up sale you on anything they can under the false pretense of a cheap service call. Get a second opinion on everything they say.

Description of Work
Needed someone to figure out why my furnace wasn’t working

05/04/2020

Nancy F.

They did what they said they were going to do and did a good job with clean up.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet and hose bib.

03/14/2020

Don A.

Any Hour employee (Mike Miller) was very knowledgable but greatly padded costs. For example, the heating system (boiler) we had needed replacement. Mike gave us an estimate of $14,500 for the job. When I researched I found that the $8,000 boiler he proposed actually only cost $3,000. His proposed total for the job was $14,500. I hired another company that installed the same boiler for $5,800 and did a great job.

Description of Work
We needed to replace a boiler which provides heat for the furnace and hot water for sinks, showers, etc.

12/31/2019

Christine T.

It went really good. They were very professional, completed the task with a reasonable price and they left things in a really good shape.

Description of Work
They did electrical repairs for us.

10/23/2018

Sue S.

I should've paid attention to the F rating this company has, but went ahead and called them anyway. They say they will look at your problem and then tell you what services you need. That sounded good as I am not sure exactly how to define the problem we are having. Is it a drainage problem, do we need a landscaper (as another company told me), or basement waterproofing, or a little of everything? When I called they immediately set up an appointment a few days ahead which was a great relief to me. We want to avoid any more water going into our basement. I had to make special arrangements for someone to be at the house as Any Hour Services will not give an estimate if there isn't someone home over the age of 18. I called two days before to confirm the appointment and was told it was scheduled. Then, that same day at 7:30 pm they called to cancel! I was basically told they could not honor their appointment with me. Why would I make another appointment for their services knowing it would possibly get cancelled? They aren't Any Hour Services. They are No Services. They effectively lost us as customers!

Description of Work
Estimate of fixing a drainage problem with water going into the basement

Category plumbing, basement waterproofing, drain pipe, drain cleaning

06/01/2018

Billson B.

Our AC stopped working during a stretch of 100+ degree days. The company who installed a very expensive system wouldn't even take our calls beyond a receptionist who said someone could come out in 3 weeks. Any Hour had someone out within hours. He did a thorough diagnostic evaluation, presented us with a range of options, and performed the work promptly and effectively.

Description of Work
Repair a faulty air conditioner by another company

03/18/2018

Victor T.

First guy showed up and attempted to snake the drain clear. He quickly gave up and said our old cast iron p-trap had rusted and sealed shut. He said our basement drain would need to be excavated (yes, jack hammering our concrete basement floor to remove the drain). He called his supervisor who came over and quoted us over $1300 to repair the drain. However he also said they would probably have to move the furnace to get at the drain, and we were quoted another $1500 for that. So around $3k to fix our basement drain. He was ready to schedule it and said they could be tearing up our basement in a couple days. Luckily I waited to schedule it, because we had another company coming the next day to replace our water heater that was under warranty. The plumber from the other company, who was there only to replace our water heater, had the drain running freely in about 10 minutes for $150. He basically snaked the drain, which Any Hour said was impossible. I gave them a D rating only because they didn't charge me for the failed snaking. Very friendly guys, but suspect business practices. Just remember that the $50 drain special likely won't be only $50.

Description of Work
Called any hour to have a floor drain in our basement cleared.

Category drain cleaning

09/25/2017

brenda C.

These people come out quickly, if you call in the morning they are there that day. We continue to use them because they are so prompt and there prices are reasonable. They had to back hoe the yard, they had to cut through the foundation to get to the line in the basement. They had to replace the sidewalk and the asphalt in the street. It took about two days to complete the work.

Description of Work
Replaced sewer line from the house to the street.

08/07/2017

Joseph F.

They did excellent service for good price.

Description of Work
I used Any Hour Electric Plumbing Heating & Air to replace the air conditioning condenser.

07/20/2017

Don W.

I have used them several times for plumbing, furnace repair, and upgrading the AC system. They are honest and great with price. They are just a great company and I will recommend them.

Description of Work
Upgrading the AC system

07/20/2017

Clint S.

The service was okay. I was a bit disappointed with the scheduling and dispatching.

Description of Work
They installed a ceiling fan.

07/15/2017

Sheri T.

They are a local company. I thought it was pricey, but I didn't get bids on anything.

Description of Work
I had a sink that was backing up. When I turned on my garbage disposal, water would back up in the other sink. They had to come out and put some kind of pipe to separate it and keep it from doing that.

06/24/2017

Steve R.

Steve and coworker did a great job. They basically confirmed that their sales deceived me.

Description of Work
Steve came out and worked to get our new AC which we had purchased from them, working. Another service person came out, and decided that I had been lied to about needing that large a unit. Manwill had suggested a smaller unit. The Any Hours salesman conned me. It will be up to management to see if I get a refund for the difference. For now, avoid these clowns.

06/23/2017

Steve R.

They rapidly installed the unit. Sadly, the unit they installed is a piece of junk. It starts clicking within two days of repair and stops working. The installation was about a month ago they have come out twice to repair, and failed each time. (I was on vacation for about two weeks, and the unit was off. It failed again a day after our return) I have demanded a new unit or a full refund. They wish to come out again. I told them to bring a letter guaranteeing a full refund if it fails again.

Description of Work
We had a new roof put in and our old swamp cooler removed by the roofing company. We hired Any Hour to install an A/C unit

06/15/2017

Firas R.

On May 5th, 2017, I noticed a leak from the basement ceiling. I called AnyHour Services and they said they can send a technician on May 9th. On that day, a technician arrived (earlier than expected, which was nice). He was nice and courteous. He quickly figured out that the leak was from the dishwasher in the kitchen (above the basement room where the leak was showing). He said he could not do anything about it because they do not service appliances. In the process of checking for the leak he noticed the hot water valve in the kitchen sink was dripping. He said he could fix THAT. I said OK. He gave me the option of tightening it for $197 or replacing it for $266. I chose tightening it and told him to let me know if that does not work, so that I can consider the second option. He worked on it for a few minutes and then called me back and said that it seems to work. He showed me how it is not dripping anymore. I was happy I did not have to worry about that on top of my dishwasher issue and thanked him. Signed the bill and he left. In the process, the technician explained that there is no warranty because this is an old valve. I said I understand. As soon as he drove away, I wanted to wash some dishes. I noticed that the valve was shut and so I opened it to let hot water come in. The valve started dripping right away! Now, I thought: I know he said there is no warranty. But if the valve started dripping right away, as soon as it was open, it means he did NOT do anything to fix it! So what were the $197 for then? I called them and complained. They said they will let a manager know and the manager will call me within two days. Meanwhile, I shut off my water (which by the way the technician did not do, i.e. he did not even loosen the valve!), loosened the nut on the valve, put some plumber's tape, tightened everything back together, and turned the water back on. There was nothing dripping. And there is no dripping to this day! Back to my complaint: I waited a week and did not hear back. I called again (May 16). They said they will notify the manager that I am waiting for his call. He called back that afternoon. I explained the story. He said he understands, but will wait until some paperwork shows up in their system. And that he will call me back when it does. I waited for another two weeks and called them (May 30). They said they will let the manager know I am waiting. He again called back (within an hour). He said he can now see the paperwork and that I was given the option to install a new valve and that there was no warranty on the old one. I explained that 1. the service was actually never performed, as the valve started leaking right away and 2. I did tighten it myself and successfully and it is still not leaking. So the valve is good and the option I chose was the right one. There was no need to replace the valve. It is working fine. The manager kept repeating the same thing. That he understands and is happy I fixed it, but these are old valves and they cannot guarantee it will not leak. I answered every time that to guarantee something you have to fix it first and this was not the case. And that when I fixed it, it worked. So it is not a matter of guarantee. It is a matter of it being done in the first place. The manager then offered me to drop the dispatch fee of $38. I said that I did call for help and the technician did come. So the dispatch fee is perfectly deserved. The technician said he will fix a leaking valve and did nothing to it, but charged me $197 for that. So I want the $197 back. The manager then offered a $50 back. I repeated what I just said. He said he will have to ask his manager and get back to me. It took a couple of weeks (with me calling a few times, June 6&14, saying that I have not heard back yet). When I still did not hear back, I posted a review here on Angie's list telling the story. Independently of this (I think), the manager did call back yesterday (June 20) and apologized that he had already talked to his manager and they have agreed to refund me the full amount, but that he has been super busy and forgot to call me back with the news. He said they are sending me a check for the $197 they charged for the valve. I thanked him and then requested Angie's List to edit my review so that it includes this new development.

Description of Work
Tightening a valve

Category electrician, plumbing

06/09/2017

Colin E.

Work was done but the price was ridiculous and the work is incomplete. I received two quotes from other plumbers who said the work should be been billed at $50 to $600. Any Hours offered me a small refund but I decided to dispute it with American Express.

Description of Work
I requested that Any Hours Plumbing come to my house to adjusted my sink line in my kitchen. Their plumber arrived and provided me with the quote and did the work. After the work was finished I came to the conclusion that the work done was not what was expected. I requested that Any Hours provide a detailed receipt of the cost associated with the work done and how I was billed. Both Ryan (plumber) and Troy (manager) were unwilling to provide those details to me after multiple calls and emails. I originally called on May 17th and was told someone would call me within 24 hours. One week later I called back and was told yet again the manager would call within 24 hours, this again did not happen and I called and finally reached the manager, Troy. To this date, Any Hours has not provided me with a receipt of the details of work done. They sent me an email with a break out of their work. $150 to hammer out my concrete wall and $650+ to make two cuts into a steel pipe, add $30 worth of materials and 4 hours of work "claimed". I am also unhappy with how the work tuned out but more dissatisfied with their unwillingness to assist with their customers request to know how and why I was billed. The photos attached is Any Hours "finished" work for $900.

06/01/2017

steve P.

We had mixed signals about when they were supposed to come out. I was out of the country and I thought they were supposed to come while I was gone but they did not come out till I got back.

04/10/2017

Anne N.

The job was done quickly and professionally, with Any Hour taking the responsibility with every aspect of the work including road signs, digging, installing and repairing the pipes, replacing the cement, and repaving the road. I didn't have to coordinate between any part of the entire job nor working with the city, though I did make sure everything was being done correctly and did speak with the Any Hour and the city regularly - making phone calls and double checking work and requirements from the city. Yes, the job was expensive, but we wanted it done right, the first time. Additionally, we chose Any Hour for a longer warranty period than if we had picked a smaller company.

Description of Work
Replaced the house main sewer line midway from the house to the main sewer pipe in the road, and lined from the same spot back to the house in the existing clay pipe. Work began about 4-5 feet toward the house from the sidewalk and the continued with a trench dug from the sidewalk, grass strip, gutter, and the road - nearly to the other side of the street. In addition to the replacement and then lining, we had two floor drains in the basement replaced with backflow preventers.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

CHIYOME C.

The price of the water heater depends on it's size. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They put in my 70,000 grain water softener.

Category water softeners

CHIYOME C.

They brought me some Bio Clean for my drain and dropped it off. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They brought me some Bio Clean.

CHIYOME C.

What is really impressive to me is their service people, the people who come out and do it. They are extremely knowledgeable and very thorough. They spend the time they need to to explain things. They diagnosed a problem that other companies had missed. Fixing it was the right thing to do, I don't want my house to burn down. They are very competent, at least the people that I've had come to work on my house have been. They are very professional in how they handle you as a customer. They are pleasant and friendly. As long as they keep up the good work I will keep using them. I think price wise at least for the things I've looked at they are similar or less then other places, but I haven't done a whole lot of research. If they are going to be late the office will call and reschedule or to let you know they are running late.

Description of Work
They do an annual check on the electrical. They did an inspection and fixed an outlet.

CHIYOME C.

They do all my plumbing, heating, and air. They're very knowledgeable. They give you options. They tell you that you can do this, this, and this, and then they tell you how much it will cost for each of the options. I have never felt pressure to take the most expensive option. I had a terrible leak from my humidifier attached to my furnace. It was bad enough that it leaked out to the carpet in the furnace room and it was pretty wet down there. It didn't cost me anything because I'm on their cap service. That's where you pay a certain amount every month. What happened was it was a clogged drain in the humidifier. He said, well maybe they didn't clean it well so he didn't charge me for it. What I think is impressive is their service people are knowledgeable, very thorough, and they spend what ever time is needed to explain things to you. I have found that using the home warranty there is more attitude. I went with to this company because there was a light switch downstairs in the bathroom where it would keep going on and off and under the home warranty, I had two or three other people come out and expensively fix it, only to have it go on the blink again. So it wasn't until Any Hour came out that they diagnosed what the correct problem was and they fixed it. It was the right thing to do, I don't want my house to burn down, you know. I think that they are very competent, extremely knowledgeable, very professional in how they handle you as a customer, and they're pleasant and friendly. Price wise they are similar or less than what I would have paid with someone else. I would definitely use them in the future.

Description of Work
They fixed a clogged drain in my furnace humidifier.

JIR Painting & Construction

We are a small company with Fifteen years of experience in interior, exterior and commercial painting, with a huge list of satisfied customers with our work. We are specialists in painting interior, exterior and commercial painting. We also do cabinet work, furniture and all types of stein. Our customer service is clean, fast and clear. We will find the best solution for any problem you may have. The cost of our service is accessible to all public also Estimates are completely free.

ReScope Drain Aid

ReScope Drain Aid servicing the Greater Salt Lake Valley has industry experience since the 2000's, specializing in drain aid and plumbing experience. Our professional technicians are licensed and insured with multiple five star reviews detailing their dedication and knowledgeable service. From clogged drain cleaning to water heater & softener installation our team knows how to provide new installations, repairs, cleaning and replacements for your systems. No matter what products and services we provide, we promise to perform with top-notch ability, and to treat you, your property and your family with the utmost respect. We are pleased to offer our customers affordable plumbing and competitive prices. As an expense that most people simply can't plan for, plumbing service is a necessary thing that we'll make available when you need it most. Trust no one but the best to get your water running at peak performance, and call today to make your appointment!

The Drain Company

This is our focus day in and day out. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in carrying out professional repairs and replacement, both trenchless and traditional. Our specialization in drain repair helps us pass real savings along to our customers.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing

Any Hour Services, Air Conditioning, Heating, Electrical, Plumbing Services, Drain, & Rooter Services.

Duct Cleaning.