Shamrock Plumbing

Founded 1980 • With Angi since June 2006

3.9

340 West 500 N

North Salt Lake, UT 84054

Shamrock Plumbing offers the most diversified range of plumbing services in the inter mountain west. Our staff of trained professionals will exceed your expectations and deliver a product that is backed up with 30 years of experience. Shamrock Plumbing is a locally owned business located in North Salt Lake on a well-maintained and organized three-acre campus. Shamrock Plumbing currently holds licenses in Utah, Idaho, Wyoming & California. Additional DBAs - Shamrock Plumbing LLC, Tri Shamrock Inc, Shamrock Mechanical, Shamrock Service, Shamrock Heating. Additional phone numbers - (801) 295-1690 & (866) 262-8007....

09/20/2017

Frieda T.

Allisen M.

I would use them again based on this visit.

Description of Work
I've used Shamrock Plumbing.

Allisen M.

I would not hire them again based on that visit.

Description of Work
We've had experience with Shamrock Plumbing.

Allisen M.

He was technically competent but not very friendly or easy to talk to. He seemed like really irritated to do the service which was hard. There were some mistakes that one of contractors had made on our new kitchen cabinets and he made a big deal about having to purchase.

Description of Work
We've had experience with Shamrock Plumbing.

04/08/2016

Heather N.

I expressed concern when the plumber hooked the RO drain to a pump that empties out of the exterior wall of the house near the foundation of the house and directly adjacent to a window well through a 1/4" copper tube. He told me that it's easier for him to do it this way than to cut in an interior P-trap in a 2" drain pipe which leads out to the sewer line. I found out that RO systems drain a lot of water in order to refill what's used and they wanted me to drain the reservoir once a week. I called the manager after the work was done and told him that I'd prefer the P-trap instead of the pump decision made by the plumber. The manager told me that they would do it at no cost to me. Unfortunately I did not get that in writing. They charged me $104.60 for the service that was supposed to be a no charge when the same plumber remedied the drain issue. I called up the manager again to complain. He told me that in a year's time that they would service my RO system free of charge. Again, unfortunately I did not get that in writing. The year goes by and I call them up to service my RO system (see here how I had to contact them about this service and not the other way around), and reminded them that the service was to be free of charge. I waited all day for them to show up but nobody came and nobody called me to reschedule. I had to call them again to reschedule the appointment. The man I called to set up the appointment with was the same one from the day before as he remembered me calling, there was an apology about not showing up. I assumed that he also remembered that the service was to be free of charge. The same exact plumber who made the error from before came to service my RO system. He gave me the receipt with the amount of $149.00, I told him that it was supposed to be a free service, he had no idea what I was talking about. They said that they would get to the bottom of this...they ended up giving me a $50.00 dollar discount and a bill for $99.00 in the mail. I called to complain and got the same man on the phone who knew about my situation. He claimed that I never spoke to him about the service being free of charge. I threatened the man (Bryan Flannery) that I would be contacting the BBB of Utah. The threat had no effect. So, I did put in a complaint about this issue with the BBB of Utah on 9-16-2015. It took this complaint to the BBB of Utah for Shamrock Plumbing to honor their promise.

Description of Work
Installed an RO system.

04/08/2016

Heather N.

I expressed concern when the plumber hooked the RO drain to a pump that empties out of the exterior wall of the house?near the foundation of the house and directly adjacent to a window well through a 1/4" copper tube. ?He told me that it's easier for him to do it this way than to cut in an interior?P-trap in a 2" drain pipe which leads out to the sewer line. ?I found out that RO systems drain a lot of water in order to refill what's used and they wanted me to drain the reservoir once a week. ?I called the manager after the work was done and told him that I'd prefer the P-trap instead of the pump decision made by the plumber. ?The manager told me that they would do it at no cost to me. ?Unfortunately I did not get that in writing. ?They charged me $104.60 for the service that was supposed to be a no charge when the same plumber remedied the drain issue. ?I called up the manager again to complain. ?He told me that in a year's time that they would service my RO system free of charge. ?Again, unfortunately I did not get that in writing. ?The year goes by and I call them up to service my RO system (see here how I had to contact them about this service and not the other way around), and reminded them that the service was to be free of charge. ?I waited all day for them to show up but nobody came and nobody called me to reschedule. ?I had to call them again to reschedule the appointment. ?The man I called to set up the appointment with was the same one from the day before as he remembered me calling, there was an apology about not showing up. ?I assumed that he also remembered that the service was to be free of charge. ?The same exact plumber who made the error from before came to service my RO system. ?He gave me the receipt with the amount of $149.00, I told him that it was supposed to be a free service, he had no idea what I was talking about. ?They said that they would get to the bottom of this...they ended up giving me a $50.00 dollar discount and a bill for $99.00 in the mail. ?I called to complain and got the same man on the phone who knew about?my situation. ?He claimed that I never spoke to him about the service being free of charge. I threatened the man (Bryan Flannery) that I would be contacting the BBB of Utah. ?The threat had no effect. ?So, I did put in a complaint about this issue with the BBB of Utah on 9-16-2015. ?It took this complaint to the BBB of Utah for Shamrock Plumbing to honor their promise.?

Description of Work
Installed an RO system.

02/07/2016

jared H.

It went really well, they were able to do what another company didn't, which was fix the actual problem. Very reliable and affordable.

Description of Work
Unclogged my pipes

Category drain cleaning

01/28/2015

Allisen M.

Colton arrived on time after calling to let me know he was on his way (love that!) When he arrived and I described the problem, he got to work and brought in his equipment. I asked for a quote based on his initial impression and he said "$200-250". He spent the first hour trying to loosen the clog, and then it became evident that there was a problem. He came in and out of the house many times, walking past me in the living room each time without ever voluntarily providing an update. There was a lot of heavy sighing and he was clearly frustrated though not really openly upset. My little boys were curiously watching it all. Evidently part of his snake tool had become stuck in the line somewhere on a root so he spent at least an hour (and the majority of the time he was at my home) trying to resolve that issue. This is understandably frustrating, but I don't feel that it was dealt with in a particularly professional manner. After all the coming and going and anxiety of it all, my boys and I felt really agitated by his presence and I was really anxious for him to leave. The service ended up costing $100 more than he's quoted because of the additional time. I suppose from a labor standpoint that may be fair, though I would've felt like the additional cost were more justified if the job had actually gone beyond the original scope of work or been more complicated. A malfunction of equipment or unexpected obstacle to working the equipment doesn't necessarily seem to warrant an additional 30% in cost. I felt like some communication along the way would've softened the blow as well, but it wasn't until he brought in a bill written up in his truck that I found out. I know these things are expensive, but I feel like a little compassion and finesse go a long way when it comes to talking it through, and there was none of that today. In the time intervening since he left, I've found muddy footprints on my newly cleaned white carpet (even though there's a runner in my hallway leading to the bathroom to walk on), a metallic scrape along several tiles that I cannot remove, sewage all over the toilet and walls in my bathroom, and a large rusty stain in my driveway where his truck was parked. Overall it felt stressful, dysfunctional and unprofessional. It felt like he was just getting through it rather than taking pride in his work. Based on the first experience I had with the company I may decide to call them again in the future, but I'm not sure at this point because today was so negative.

Description of Work
We had a clog in our main line that had been gradually building until the drains were backing up throughout the house. We'd used Shamrock once before and their price and service was much better than the other company we'd gotten a quote from. I was glad to call them again based on that experience (replacing our sewage ejector). Today Colton cleared the line from our toilet to our main line, removed and replaced our toilet.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

12/17/2014

Fred S.

When I called the office and the staff should have mentioned what the min service call was. It was about $50 more than expected or what they should charge. The technician was very nice. But the company should have told me up front on a diagnostic service call.

Description of Work
Told me that to run water to get of smell. .

10/28/2014

John K.

The plumber arrived on schedule and was able to replace the water heater within and hour. He was professional and friendly.

Description of Work
Replace gas water heater

11/21/2013

jared H.

These guys are the best in the business. They quoted me 1/3 the cost of another company (Scott Hale Plumbing) to replace my sump pump. These guys are as good as they get. They work fast, efficient, and don't have these bogus prices. Only problem is they are booked out bc they're so busy bc people always call them back!!

Description of Work
Sump pump

08/14/2013

Marilyn B.

We have used Shamrock many times before and have found them to be professional, honest and efficient. There is never any kind of and quot;messand quot; left when they finish and they are very reponsive. I had received a bid twice as high from another company to do the exact job. They are an excellent company.

Description of Work
Re[placed water heater; installed PET exp to meet code requirement, tested water pressure and replaced worn out part to correct pressure.

06/28/2013

Nick C.

Description of Work
Used them to replace a water heater and install some bypass pipes. They didn't bring the right water heater first trip. Then did install the bypass pipes correctly -- and charged me for a 2nd trip trip to fix the problem. They had to make a third trip -- again charged me -- to bring up a pan for the water heater to sit in. And, all this after originally giving a fixed bid. Will look elsewhere next time.

03/04/2013

scott B.

Every aspect of the job was conducted thoroughly and in a timely manner. Dave was very knowledgeable and friendly. I will continue to use Shamrock Plumbing in the future as all 3 times I have done business with them, I have been totally satisfied.

Description of Work
I have two water heaters in my home and I noticed quite a bit of water beneath one of them. I am not too knowledgable about plumbing and since I have had the pleasure of using Shamrock plumbing twice before for other issues, I called them to check out my problem. To make a long story short, Dave was able to quickly diagnose the problem (which was actually a couple of problems that created the leak.) He took the time to show me what was happening and explain the repairs.

12/03/2012

Ann M J.

Our 40+ yr old toilet was rocking so I called Shamrock out to see what was up. And unlike previous companies who had come out to check the rocking toilet, the Shamrock plumber immediately identified the problem and recommended a solution. The wax seal on the toilet was leaking and the floor under the toilet was rotting out and needed to be replaced. After giving me a recommendation for a general contractor to repair the floor, he removed the toilet and hauled it out to our garage so we could reuse it once the floor was repaired. He also pointed out some changes/improvements that could be made to the pipes and I agreed to the work (the pipes were original to the house, built 40+ yrs ago). The plumber came back twice more, once to set the pipe when the floor was repaired, and again to reset the wax seal and toilet after the tile was laid down. On all three of his visits he explained in detail what he saw, what he recommended that I should do, and then explained what he actually did do. His attitude was professional and I am extremely pleased with his work. I would unreservedly recommend them, and they will be my go-to company for any future plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Toilet removed, plumbing lines replaced and/or upgraded, toilet reattached.

09/18/2007

Gary H.

They arrived on time and completed the job in about ten minutes. The plumber who did the work was very professional and friendly. He even took time to look at a remodeling project we will be starting in a month or so and offered very good advice that will save us hundreds of dollars. We plan to have Shamrock do the plumbing for the remodel.

Description of Work
They unplugged a toilet that would not flush without overflowing. They were able to remove a plastic bottle from the toilet drain.

Category drain cleaning

07/20/2006

M A.

I have found two large holes in my foundation that were never fixed that allowed mice into my home. Both of these holes were made by the plumbers to install drains. My main sewer from my house to the street is level and not sloped. Pipes were ran on the outside of framing not allowing me to finish my basement, without moving the pipes. When I called about the complaints, they informed me that nothing was wrong with the work and that they were not going to fix it. After several calls, they would not take my calls anymore.

Description of Work
All plumbing for a new home; radiant heating, rough, and finish work.

06/08/2006

I would do it again. They were prompt they do an excellent job. I would defiantly utilize them again. They did an extraordinary job.

Description of Work
They came to clean out a clog and fix a pipe.

Category plumbing, drain cleaning

JIR Painting & Construction

We are a small company with Fifteen years of experience in interior, exterior and commercial painting, with a huge list of satisfied customers with our work. We are specialists in painting interior, exterior and commercial painting. We also do cabinet work, furniture and all types of stein. Our customer service is clean, fast and clear. We will find the best solution for any problem you may have. The cost of our service is accessible to all public also Estimates are completely free.

ReScope Drain Aid

ReScope Drain Aid servicing the Greater Salt Lake Valley has industry experience since the 2000's, specializing in drain aid and plumbing experience. Our professional technicians are licensed and insured with multiple five star reviews detailing their dedication and knowledgeable service. From clogged drain cleaning to water heater & softener installation our team knows how to provide new installations, repairs, cleaning and replacements for your systems. No matter what products and services we provide, we promise to perform with top-notch ability, and to treat you, your property and your family with the utmost respect. We are pleased to offer our customers affordable plumbing and competitive prices. As an expense that most people simply can't plan for, plumbing service is a necessary thing that we'll make available when you need it most. Trust no one but the best to get your water running at peak performance, and call today to make your appointment!

The Drain Company

This is our focus day in and day out. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in carrying out professional repairs and replacement, both trenchless and traditional. Our specialization in drain repair helps us pass real savings along to our customers.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Plumbing, water heaters & softeners.