Scott Pryor Handyman Services

Kearns, UT 84118

No job too small....

08/24/2018

Debra H.

I hired Scott on August 17, 2018 to do some minor electrical, plumbing and some sheet rock repair in preparation for some kitchen cabinets being installed. I made it clear that the time to complete the project was very important because the cabinets had already been purchased and were waiting at Lowes for installation. He assured me that he could complete the job in just a few days and asked for a deposit of $300.00 to start. I wrote the check and asked him to start asap. (the check was cashed that same afternoon). He said he would like to get an early start, and we agreed that he would be at my house the next morning at 8:00am (the whole household had to get up early to accommodate this schedule) He never showed up until about 9:15 am. He said he had to take his daughter to work. He only worked until 10:15 am and then had to leave for the day. He said that he could not return until Tuesday morning because he had prior commitments. I texted him Monday night just to make sure he would be there on Tuesday. He indicated that he would be there at 8:30 am. He showed up at 9:15 am and worked for about 45 mins and left. He told me that he had to take one of his children to the Instacare. And then he had to go to Park City for something and asked if he could stop by on his way back around 9pm, just to go over what I wanted. (I had already giving him plans for the whole job). At 9pm he texted me and said something came up in Park City and he was just leaving. He still had to pick up his wife in Salt Lake City and then he would be at my house. That was at least 1 ½ hours of travel time. I told him it would be too late. He promised he would have the whole day Wednesday and would be at my house by 10am. He texted me on Wednesday at noon and said he was on his way. I called him at 1:30 wondering where he was AGAIN and left a message (he never answers his phone). He texted back again saying he was on his way. He got to my house about 2:00 and finally worked for a few hours (till 5:30). He texted me at 2:00 saying he was up at the University and was on his way to me. An hour later he texted again saying his car was over heating…… got to my house at almost 5pm. I sent him away. I guess he gets to keep the $300 dollars I gave him….. He had worked a total of maybe 5-6 hours. (Only really did about 1 ½ hours’ worth of work). My son had to redo most of what he did because it was not done right. By this time my son had taken the 1 ½ days off and had finished the whole project.

Description of Work
small electrical, plumbing and sheet rock repair

Category drywall,electrician,plumbing

06/21/2018

Misty S.

Scott was very efficient and fairly priced. He provided an estimate of the costs up front and did a very professional work on each of the repairs I have hired him to perform. Scott is my go to handyman when I need help with repairs around my home and he has always been kind and helpful. I highly recommend him as he does a good job and is thorough.

Description of Work
Household repairs

Category drywall,electrician,handyman service,lighting,plumbing

04/30/2018

Amanda T.

Scott was available the day I called. He came out and looked at what needed to be done and did the work the same day (on a Saturday). We were very pleased and will definitely use him again.

Description of Work
Cabinets needed to be moved up in order to fit new fridge

Category handyman service

11/02/2017

Deb N.

Scott is the best! We’ve used him for years- always a great job done

Description of Work
Fence&gate repair, sink and fawcet, outdoor light

Category fencing,handyman service,lighting,plumbing

06/27/2017

Lori H.

Our call was never returned. I wish he would have at least called and told us he was too busy to do our job.

Description of Work
I had several jobs I needed to have completed.

Category handyman service

11/14/2016

Mark L.

Scott was a pleasure to work with. We had a number of small jobs to get done and he showed up on time and got them done quickly. He do intend to hire him as out main handyman when we need some additional work.

Description of Work
Steps build, setps made secure, small concrete work and some light fixture replacement.

Category concrete repair,electrician,handyman service,lighting

10/25/2016

Allison S.

Each time he was quick, friendly, called before he was on his way to my house and gave me options for the repairs I needed. The roof job was only $60 and it was money well spent since even though it was a small job, it was one I could not do myself. For the toilet, he went to Home Depot and picked up the toilet I needed and brought it back to the house. Quick, efficient, clean, professional. I will definitely hire him again. The toilet and labor were $213.00.

Description of Work
I needed to identify some leaks in the roof from either the swamp cooler or other locations. After that initial job, I also called him for a leaking toilet.

Category handyman service,plumbing

10/15/2016

Jon L.

Scott did a fantastic job, great communication, on time cleaned up everything. Looks like new.

Description of Work
Ceiling drywall replaced, patched, taped, mudded and painted.

Category appliance repair,drywall

09/29/2016

michael M.

it did not go. He never returned my inquiry

Description of Work
I requested information twice. Once in July and once this month. He never returned a reply to my emails.

Category appliance repair

09/09/2016

Annie E.

Scott and his sidekick Marty were friendly, fast, and efficient. You pay each of them by the hour but they work well as a team to get things done quickly. Each do the jobs they have more expertise in. Scott has particular expertise in plumbing and Marty is great with drywall stuff. They both have good general 'everything' handyman skills. We have used them a number of times this year. They are awesome! Reasonably priced.

Description of Work
General handyman stuff---ceiling and doorframe cracks repaired, outdoor sensor lights installed/replaced, back porch lights installed in brick wall, sticking doors fixed, new kitchen light cover plastic panels cut and fit, exterior gaps filled where wood meets brick, help with back deck rotting wood bench replacement, leaking shower and rocking toilet fixed..... On another visit Scott replaced a bathroom shutoff valve and they removed wet sheetrock from a leak and dried with a fan.

Category drywall,electrician,lighting,plastering,plumbing