Robert W Speirs Plumbing Inc

Founded 1961 • With Angi since June 2006

412 Market St

Kaysville, UT 84037

Robert W Speirs Plumbing Inc has been serving northern utah since 1961. We operate out of a fully stocked warehouse and maintain a large workforce of licensed and insured plumbers. We operate a large fleet of well stocked plumbing trucks and own all the tools and equipment required for any type of project (augers, jetters, sewer cameras, backhoe, dump truck, etc. We have a large showroom and a fully staffed office to assist you with your selections and questions. Award winning. Additional address - PO Box 345, Kaysville, Utah 84037. Additional contact names - Jerry M Taylor, Jared R Taylor, Bret D Harper, Sally S Taylor, Zach M Hamblin, Michelle T Butler & Suzanne T Lazenby. Additional emails - jerry@speirsplumbing.com, jared@speirsplumbing.com, speirsplumbing@gmail.com, sallystaylor@aol.com, zach@speirsplumbing.com, michelle@speirsplumbing.com & michelle@speirsplumbing.com....

09/12/2017

David M.

It didn't - they never showed up. We scheduled an 8-noon window. I stayed home from work that morning for that purpose. No one ever showed. No one ever called. I called them and was told the guy would be right over. I waited another hour - still nothing. Please don't waste people's time.

Description of Work
Simple plumbing repair (fixing something they installed in the first place.)

03/19/2017

Kevin D.

Now, 3 weeks after this knob was installed, the tank is leaking. A new tank runs at about $1100. I can't believe I paid over $800 for a new knob just to have to replace the whole tank. I really wish Speirs would have recommended replacing the tank. They should really improve on working to help the customer, not just get jobs done and get out.

Description of Work
The aquastat knob on my indirect water heater was finnicky. Speirs said they could replace it and the part would be about $200. I bit. They went through a lot of work to hunt this part down, and when it arrived, Nick (who is a great worker) discovered it was the wrong part. Nick was able to make it work but it took over 5 hours to install this knob. The end cost was $833.

Category plumbing,water heater repair

11/28/2016

Cameron C.

It was done in less than 15 minutes, even going back and forth for tools, and was quick and painless.

Description of Work
The cartridge in my shower valve was stuck due to hard water, so I had them replace it.

08/22/2016

Zachary H.

Did the work, super friendly, no complaints there. Just make sure you get a WRITTEN estimate or quote because once they bill you they will NOT honor any verbal estimates. This wasn't your normal clogged drain job, it required a mini excavator and some real work so I was apprehensive and wanted to get a quote in case I needed to shop around. I had to ask 3x for a ballpark quote and once I got it, I approved the work to begin. Then a week later when I got the bill it was 33% more than the TOP END of the quote. I understand that things happen, but there was no communication or warning that we needed to readjust the quote or expectations. Also I had no paperwork to prove what they quoted me, so I guess in the end it was all my fault for not covering my ***. Either way it was bad business and I will go elsewhere from now on.

Description of Work
fix sprinkler line break. install new valve for sprinkler line.

08/22/2016

Zachary H.

Description of Work
fix sprinkler line break. install new valve for sprinkler line.

07/10/2016

Delores S.

Price a little higher than others, but they came right out and did the job so I had hot water again. Workers very clean and professional.

Description of Work
Replaced broken water heater same day I called.

Category water heater repair

10/09/2014

Jenny C.

I had an emergency that required a plumber, but they could not come look at the problem for at least 5 days.

Description of Work
Nothing.

03/20/2014

Patricia R.

Todd arrived on time and repaired everything in a timely manner. He was very personable and explained everything he was doing. I would highly recommend Robert Speirs Plumbing and specifically Todd to anyone.

Description of Work
1. Replaced leaking drain pipe. 2. retaped leaking shower pipe. 3. Fixed "hammering" in sink.

08/28/2013

Christopher S.

This is a relatively simple operation, and I've had it done a few times in the past. This is almost always a one man operation, and here's what it involves: 1.) Remove a drain cleanout plug. 2.) Insert the auger line and run the line out about 75 ft, and bring it back in. 3.) Replace the plug. 4.) Test the line by flushing water down to verify that it drains better. That's it folks. It takes about 30 minutes. Robert Speirs Plumbing sent two people out to perform this task, and charged me 1.25 hrs for each of them. One performed the work, while the other stood by. After receiving the bill, which totaled $200, I contacted the company and enquired why I was billed for two people's worth of work. They explained that two plumbers were on the truck, and they had performed a lot of extra 'tasks,' and I had received a very good deal for 'all of the work' they had performed. The truth is they performed no more work than I described above. Most places charge $75 to $100 for this job, maybe up to $150 if there are complications. It shows their business model is maximum profit, not value, nor honesty and integrity. I try to avoid companies like this, and I believe members of Angies list do too. In fact, that's why they subscribe. I'm glad I am able to warn others to stay clear of this company.

Description of Work
Clean out a 2" basement line.

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning,drain cleaning

07/12/2013

Robert B.

I've used them 3 or 4 times and they have always been prompt. They said when they could be here and they were here. It has always been highly satisfactory and no problems. I've never had to call them back.They showed up when I needed them.

Description of Work
I used Robert W Speirs Plumbing to replace a pipe in a wall.

The Drain Company

This is our focus day in and day out. Our technicians are highly trained and experienced in carrying out professional repairs and replacement, both trenchless and traditional. Our specialization in drain repair helps us pass real savings along to our customers.

Northern Electric Company

Since starting our business in 1995, we’ve earned a reputation for being among the most trusted and competent residential and commercial electrical service providers in the state. Our extensive experience and our knack for problem solving makes us confident we can fix any issue and bring innovation to any project.

Utah's Best Home Pros

We are a team that specializes in all of your heating and air, electrical, and duct cleaning needs. We offer some great financing options, warranties, rebates, tax credits on new installations. Our service technicians our available 24/7, 365 days a year. There is no job too little or too big for our team. We handle: Furnace and air conditioner repairs, design, and installation Mini split repair and installation Duct work design, installation, and repair Electrical panel and sub panel upgrades or repairs Installation and repair of light fixtures, outlets, ceiling fans Installation of dedicated lines for RV's, electric cars, hot tubs Permanent outdoor holiday lighting Duct cleaning and Dryer vent cleaning

$10

Plumbing, repair, remodel, new construction for residential, industrial and commercial, water heaters and softeners, garbage disposers, frozen and leaking pipes, faucets, sewer drain cleaning and angering, toilets & sump pumps.