VIP Roofing

Founded 2011 • With Angi since July 2011

4.3

PO Box 575

Centerville, UT 84014

VIP Roofing is a full service roofing company dedicated to the highest quality service and satisfaction of our customers. We want to find the best solution to your roofing project while meeting your budget, expectations, and time schedule....

07/21/2020

rebecca D.

Experience was great!

Description of Work
They came to give a quote the next day after I submitted request and then repaired roof on July the 9th.

05/16/2018

Steven C.

Roof looks good. Crew was friendly, answered all my questions, and worked with me on a few little things. They treated satellite dish and skylights with extra care. Cleaned up everything well, taking special care to get all the nails out of the grass.

Description of Work
Complete tear off and re-roof

08/04/2017

Mike W.

This is a horrible company. I live in a townhouse and my neighbor 3 houses down hired these people to repair her roof. They put all their equipment and ladder on my house and destroyed my grass and garden as they replaced the old shingles. They put a tarp in my driveway and I could not use my own garage and never asked for my permission. I called the company and whom ever I talked to was rude and just did not want to deal with me. DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!

Description of Work
my neighbor had her shingles repaired

Thank you for taking the time to review my company. I would like to offer the following in response: 1. My foreman did set up his ladder on your grass while we were working on your next door neighbors roof, he felt that this was the safest area for him to set up, he had grass below him and not concrete and had an upper eave edge to set ladder against to prevent it from sliding. I will never condemn an employee for addressing a possible safety issue, he should have knocked on your door and explained what he wanted to do. I have addressed this with him. 2. I was standing next to my sales manager when you called my office on Friday, he was anything but rude to you and tried to have a calm conversation with you to address your concerns before you hung up on him. 3. My sales manager was at your property within 30 minutes of you calling to remedy the situation. He addressed your concerns with the crew on site and moved the ladder. He inspected your lawn and garden and saw no visible damage to either. He then knocked on your door to speak with you to make sure you were aware that we were on site to make things right with you. 4. After you were unavailable to answer the door, he left a hand written letter in your door explaining the situation. I feel that we have done all that we could to address your concerns and make you happy. I don't think that a horrible company would have even tried to ensure you were satisfied with what we were doing. Please feel free to contact me with any questions or concerns you may have, I can also meet you at your property to address any damages you feel you may have. Thanks and have a good day. Max Ker Partner

11/12/2016

David W.

I called and told whoever answered what I needed and was told that the estimator would give me a call to set up an appointment. A couple days go by without any call so I called again. I was told that he would be at my house the next afternoon. When I asked what time they just said the afternoon without giving an approximate time or who the person was or what their number was. I waited at home that afternoon and no one showed up or called. Haven't heard anything since. Have used another provider instead.

Description of Work
I needed an estimate for roof repairs.

01/14/2016

patricia P.

10/06/2015

Lynda W.

Description of Work
Completely reroofed my house, brought vent system up to code, put on new rain gutters

03/12/2013

David G.

With thee big wind storm we had in Farmington, Utah my homeowner's insurance kicked on some of the cost of the roof. I bought the materials from VIP Roofing and thought I could do the roof myself. Well, after half way through pulling off all the shingles I realized it was a bigger job than I thought. So, I got a couple of bids and VIP was far below everyone else and their work was top notch. They left my roof and yard totally clean and did an outstanding job on tearing the rest of the shingles off. The put new shingles on and the roof looks great. I would highly recommend this company.

Description of Work
They tore off the remaining shingles. They replaced some damaged ply wood sheets. My rain gutters were getting old so I had them tear them off. They did this at no charge. They took off the old swamp cooler on my roof and replaced it with plywood. They then re-roofed the whole house. All this in three days.

10/12/2012

gary G.

This project was handled in professional manner from start to finish. I contacted VIP to get a proposal and Travis met me at the location of the project. He communicated to me the scope of work. I received a detailed proposal within a couple of days. I had 3 bids and his was the same as one bid and the other bid was $2500 higher. As it turns out the highest bid miscalculated the sq ft by over 300 sq ft.. I chose VIP because of the professionalism, communication and follow through. The crew (3 men) worked very hard to complete the project within 3 days. The crew always kept the work site clean. Many times contractors try to add change orders to the original bid. VIP did not try to add $ to the proposal. I did not have to put any money down before the project began. I paid their Invoice one week after completion. The completed work was top notch. I would recommend VIP Roofing without hesitation.

Description of Work
VIP Roofing removed 3 layers of shingles (including the original wood shingles) on a 1940's home. Since older homes use 1 by 8 boards for the deck they added 7/8" deck over the original boards. They replaced the flashing on all pipes and drip edge. Ice shield was used on the first 3 ft of roof as well as the valleys. Since older homes have very little fascia the gutters were strapped to the roof. VIP Roofing installed the gutter straps under the Ice Shield and shingles on the new roof. (Much better looking than before)

08/06/2012

Brian V.

We had to do an entire roof replacement, which involved tearing off the roof, replacing the decking and re-shingling. We also had them replace the gutters.I can't speak enough to their professionalism and their hard work. Their workers were polite, cleaned up constantly and did an excellent job, working late enough that I had to ask them to stop so my kids could go to sleep. Max Ker also was very attentive, stopping by multiple times to check on the job and making sure that things were taken care of whenever I asked. Most importantly, he went the extra mile. First he came by multiple times to discuss our needs, drove around to look at other roof styles to discuss what we wanted and nailed various shingle samples up to our roof so we could see exactly how they would work.Like most old houses, there were some strange things that had been done previously with vents and stacks. They corrected all of the issues including the stacks to make sure that we wouldn't have problems in the future (basically the old owners of the house had taken furnace and sewage stacks and put them all side by side making it very likely to leak, VIP fixed this without charge). They also had their rain gutter guy fix a problem with the facia above the front entrance at no charge, just to make everything look perfect when the roof was done. While nobody loves spending a large amount of money on a roof, it has drastically improved the appearance of our home, and we are happy with the work and confident in the workmanship. I don't often give out referrals, but would refer VIP confidently.

Description of Work
Roof tear-off and replacing of decking on 70 year old home. Also replaced gutters, added more vents, fixed various legacy roof issues with vents and stacks. Also replaced front facia above entry way.

05/23/2012

Michael M.

I have used them a few times. The guys who did the work were terrific. The young fellow I was negotiating the deal with told me that they changed the name of the company to VIP Roofing from a different name. He told that they changed the name to VIP Roofing to better reflect who they are now. I thought that their customers are all VIPs and there I was mistaken. He didn't do some things that he had agreed to do. He left no records of it. When I called attention to it, the guy never attended my calls and he would have somebody else return my phone calls. When the young guy finally came over here, he didn't know what I was talking about. He took pictures and I thought he was taking notes. When he came to do the final inspection, it was really disappointing. He finally called me back and said that I had some hard time with his company and he had let me down. Most of the work was okay; but there was some part where he said it would be okay and it would be fine for the years to come. He said they would come back and they would do the work required. He never came back. He made notes about those things, but nobody knew anything about it. The work got delayed. He doesn't know anything about it. I then switched to another roofing company and I can't say enough good things about them. I wouldn't send anybody to them. The people who came and worked, showed up early, worked hard, and they worked late. They sat around for almost half a day one time because VIP back in office didn't get the materials for them. They sat on top of the house waiting. He and his sister are the 4th generation handling this business.

Description of Work
I hired VIP Roofing to put TPO membrane in some parts of the roof. Last year, they did a repair work.

In response to this complaint, we have tried numerous times to converse with this customer to find out what his complaints about the work/service provided to him were. After these efforts were made, we still are unclear about what this customer is upset about. We performed our scope of work in timely professional manner and even extended the payment terms to meet his financial needs. We performed the agreed upon scope of work in October 2011, provided warranties and invoice as per contract and we were paid the end of November. We were not made aware of him having any issues or concerns with VIP Roofing until 4 months later. We have tried numerous times to speak with him about his concerns so we could attempt to remedy them. These communications were met with confusion, aggression and ultimately with him ignoring us. We at VIP Roofing make every effort to provide excellent customer service, unfortunately in this case the customer had made up his mind that we were not going to be given the chance to correct our mistake. We at VIP Roofing try to maintain a level of customer service that is second to none and unfortunately we were not allowed to provide that service for this customer.

07/09/2011

Micah S.

My roof was damaged due to age and heavy winds. Out of the 3 companies I contacted, RR Roofing and one other returned my calls. The rep for RR Roofing was very professional when I dealt with him on the phone. I explained what the problem was, what services I was looking for, and what concerns I had. After inspecting the roof I was given a very professional estimate along with options I had requested and some that I hadn't. The estimate package included copies of certifications, the business license, insurance coverage and examples of previous jobs they had done. Their estimate also included all fees associated with the job including permitting, clean up, disposal, etc. After meeting with the other company, I found that there was a huge gap in prices with RR being significantly lower. The only difference I could find in terms of service between RR Roofing and their competitor was RR had a 2 year warranty on labor while their competition had 10. Even after adding a 25-year warranty to the labor through the shingle manufacturer, GAF, and having additional the options like a ridge vent installed, RR's price was still less than the competition. Unfortunately I was not home when the work was actually being performed but the final result was outstanding. I ended up having the roof stripped to the subroofing and replaced, they installed a ridge vent, they removed the turtle vents, they painted the vent pipes sticking out of the roof to match the shingle color and the amount of leftover debris (nails and small bits of shingle) was minimal. I am extremely happy with the work RR Roofing did for me, their price couldn't be beat, and the level of service in each step of the process was outstanding.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced an aged and damaged roof.