Benjamin Franklin Plumbing

With Angi since July 2012

4.3

15040 Hwy 110 S

WHITEHOUSE, TX 75791

Your local Benjamin Franklin Plumber has been serving the Tyler and Longview area since 2009. We promise prompt and professional service to all of our customers. "If There’s Any Delay, It’s You We Pay.®" We look forward to solving all your plumbing repair, installation and service needs. Call us now to schedule an appointment....

12/28/2019

Ed D.

The work was completed as promised. Staff were most professional.

Description of Work
Replaced hot water heater in attic and replaced circulation pump in attic.

12/14/2019

Gough G.

Excellent job replacing our 13-yr old water heater in the attic with a tankless unit. Job could not have gone better.

Description of Work
Replaced water heater

Category water heater repair

05/16/2019

Rebecca C.

Vendor is very reliable and experienced!

Description of Work
Toilet stoppage

05/24/2018

melanie M.

i was told he was unable to unclog the drain and i had a broken pipe that needed replacing, so i called another company for a 2nd opinion. they had the drain unclogged and the problem fixed within 2 hours

Description of Work
drain unclogged

05/18/2018

Leon G.

Snaked the line, really expensive. This company is the most expensive in the area. They didn't have change and they wanted to keep $5 so I paid with CC and they got upset. I normally tip but whit these prices I wouldn't Also, the "free service call" coupon is a scam. they just don't honor it, they still charge you at least $75 and they call it materials when they don't actually use any material.

Description of Work
Unplug sink

08/30/2017

Opal S.

Very good. Technicians were competent and personable.

Description of Work
Replaced an electric tankless waterheater. Also replaced pressure valve that contributed to the problem.

06/23/2017

Mary R.

great did the job on time and did a quality job

Description of Work
redo two bathrooms

03/15/2017

Marylou S.

Wonderfully. Great service and product. Plumbers were kind and considerate as well as efficient.

Description of Work
Replace hot water heater and pipes

03/08/2017

Randell T.

We have actually used them more than once.

Description of Work
We had to do a lot of repair work to the house. The house is about 15 years old and had not been maintained. The home-buying inspectors are terrible at their job and we found a bunch of surprises. Fortunately, it was stuff that could be easily fixed. We are built on a really steep slope and we ended up having to redo our entire landscape drainage system and we have an older jetted tub and they were able to take care of all that, replacing the fixtures and all that stuff.

03/08/2017

Randell T.

I do remember thinking for a wax ring, it was a little costly but I was used to dealing with old country plumbers who didn't charge as much. These city plumbers are proud of their work. I thought it was a little steep but not totally unreasonable. They are very professional. They are very prompt. They know what they are doing. You get the sense they absolutely know what they are doing and they actually have surprised me coming up with solutions for some unusual problems because 15 years ago, they did things differently, or if a home-owner did it. You don't know what they are going to get but they have always come back and fixed anything that needed to be fixed and they did it very professionally and competently.

Description of Work
They replaced a wax seal on the commode.

09/09/2015

Carl S.

We had granite countertops installed in our home, which included an undermount two-sided stainless sink. We previously had just one large deep sink. After the install, we needed the plumbing, faucet, and disposal reinstalled. Chris with Ben Franklin Plumbing came out the same day I called (he actually had done some previous work for us). He was able to quickly get new PVC drain pipe put in, the disposal back in, and the faucet reattached - took him less then two hours. He is very polite and professional. As usual, we were very happy with the service, the finished project, and the price. We will used them several times now for various projects and have always been very happy. We will use them again.

Description of Work
Reinstalled garbage disposal, sink plumbing, and faucet for kitchen sink after we had granite installed.

07/13/2015

Greg D.

It was excellent. Those guys were great. They just finished their work the day before yesterday. They didn't charge me anymore. They just knew what they were doing. They told you exactly what was going to happen. They executed exactly like they said.

Description of Work
I purchased a big deal for Benjamin Franklin Plumbing. They did some plumbing work for me. It was a sink draining issue.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

02/10/2015

jana D.

The man that came out was very nice and professional. He did get the job done but at the end of service notified me that I had additional charges even though I already paid for the Big Deal through Angie's List.

Description of Work
They came to change my toilet. They took out the old and put in the new toilet I provided. The only thing they provided was a wax ring for the bottom of the toilet.

12/24/2014

Wayne B.

I made the call to Benjamin Franklin because of a good experience we had with them when our sewer had backed up on New Years Eve at 9:00 pm. We made this call around 9:00 am and the technician showed up around 2:00 pm. After assessing the unit and giving me an estimate, I decided to have the unit replaced. He had a 50 gallon water heater in the shop and said the he could get it installed by that afternoon. The technician (Gene) was extremely pleasant and knowledgeable. Even with me hovering over him like most homeowners do. He had installed the unit with the exception of replacing the vent pipe by 6:00 pm. He didn't have the vent pipe available and said that someone would be by on Monday install the new pipe. Although at work, they were done totally by noon Monday. I was very pleased with the response and the service.

Description of Work
Originally came on a service call for a water heater that had quit. Made the decision to replace the 12 year old unit.

Category plumbing,water heater repair,drain cleaning

04/01/2014

Candy R.

They were able to schedule on the date I requested. That day the office called to let me know when the technician had been dispatched. He was very prompt, neat and cleaned up any mess that had been made. I would definitely request this technician again. Very pleased.

Description of Work
Unclogged bath and kitchen drains.

12/22/2013

Gretta T.

My bedroom and bath area and flooded. I called a local provider. They took out the toilet, and they said that the had unstopped what was causing the problem. Then I put down new carpet and hardwood floor in that area. Flooded again and I called Benjamin Franklin. They also said that they had unstopped the blockages. They said it was in 2 places between my toilet and my son's toilet. When I recognized probable signs of flooding again, I called another plumber and there was no drain slab leak. They even let me see the cameras that they put in there. One of the other companies had broken off a drill bit in the pipe and just left it there. Another plumber seemed to be the only one that really knew what was going on and was honest about it.

Category drain cleaning

09/25/2013

Cheryl B.

The non-working toilet had been used a few times by household members without thinking which necessitated the need for speedy service secondary to accumulating odor. Benjamin Franklin did respond in a timely manner and made the necessary repairs. My only complaint is their pricing system. They charge a service fee even if they perform the work recommended starting from $59 (stand by) to $99 (reserved) to $129 (express) up to $189 (emergency). Their fees are on a 5 tiered system with a flat fee for each one based on needed repairs starting at $110. Of course, all these fees can be reduced if you pay an annual fee to be a Ben Society Member. If money is not an issue, then I would recommend them. If you are budget minded, then I definitely would not call Benjamin Franklin.

Description of Work
I requested service to fix/replace handle assembly on a toilet and to replace a Sloan flushmate cartridge in the same toilet. They also reversed the hot and cold hoses on a washing machine that was hooked up incorrectly (by someone else) when I moved in one month prior.

05/14/2013

Janice E.

went well and in a timely manner

Description of Work
installed a half bath upstairs

02/13/2013

Terry T.

Performed very minor services and charged a small fortune. The summary of several years of experience with this company is that they are dependable, but previous work has had to be redone. Quality of their work is not always top notch, and they are WAY overpriced.

Description of Work
Replaced an outside faucet and "repaired" an existing faucet.

01/18/2013

Joe C J.

We used Benjamin Franklin Plumbing previously to locate an underground leak and replace the defective pipe. We gave them the job at a cost of $2250.00. Because they had to tunnel under the slab we thought the price was at least in the ball park and they did a good job. But, when we called them recently to replace a bathroom sink trap, they presented us an invoice for $219.00. CAN YOU BELEIVE THAT, $219.00 TO REPLACE A SINK TRAP? Itemized it was $59.00 for the service charge and $160.00 to replace the sink trap. Benjamin Franklin Plumbing (also known as All-Tex in the Tyler, TX area) uses a flat rate price list so no matter how easy or difficult a job is they charge the same flat rate. Because of this outrageous pricing we will never use this plumber again. This was a costly learning experience. Hope this review will keep you from making the same mistake, Always use a plumber that charges for time and materials for small jobs.

Description of Work
SHOCKED BY INVOICE !!!

11/10/2012

Amelia K.

The guy was very nice, but unfortunately he threaded the connection wrong under my sink and I didn't discover it until days later when all my items were ruined. The manager promised to remedy the situation and never did.

Description of Work
Replace shower head on/off device. Tighten and adjust sink drains.

10/14/2012

Nancy W.

I was very pleased with the professionalism and promptness of this company.

Description of Work
They replaced the sewer line in the front yard from the house to the street using the trenchless method. They had to remove the bushes next to the house and dig down about 4' to the sewer line connection at the front of the house. At the street they dug down about 7-1/2 ' to access the connection to city main line. They lay tarps on the lawn to place the dirt while digging to protect the grass. When they finished replacing the sewer pipe, they installed a water cut-off at the house and re-connected the sprinkler system before they filled in the holes with dirt. They re-planted the bushes that were previously dug out, picked up any debris in the yard and left it clean.

Category plumbing,drain pipe

08/07/2012

Nancy W.

Job performed with minimum damage to landscape; plants re-planted, sprinkler system re-connected, yard picked up and left clean.

Description of Work
Trenchless Sewer Line Replacement

07/28/2012

Joe C J.

Javiar did a great job. Moved and replaced some garage items blocking access to leak location. Slab restoration looked great I prefer time and material/billing. They use a price per job schedule.

Description of Work
Tested to locate under slab kitchen drain leak. Ran camera through pipe. Jack Hammond slab in garage. Tunneled under slab to kitchen and replaced corroded pipe. Installed clean outs.

Category plumbing,drain pipe,drain cleaning

07/11/2012

Don S.

I left an email that I needed service and received a call in 10 minutes. An appointment was made and technicians arrived on time as agreed.

Description of Work
Benjamin Franklin Plumbing replaced the water heater.

Category water heater repair

Novation Landscapes & Irrigation

Novation Landscapes & Irrigation provides custom landscape design & construction, including sprinkler system services to Tyler, TX, Longview and the surrounding areas of East Texas. We custom design beautiful landscape installations that use drought resistant plants and grasses and are optimized for sun and shade conditions. We work closely with our customers to achieve an aesthetic transformation that reflects the customers' taste and blends with the environment. We offer high quality woodwork, stone work, patio construction, patio covers, and decks. Our integrity, creativity, and attention to detail that we put into every job is unrivaled. For landscaping in Tyler, TX area, we're the one to call.

Fountain Plumbing Inc

You can call Fountain Plumbing, Inc. to handle all your plumbing and drain cleaning needs, servicing residential and commercial plumbing, sewers, drains, and water heaters. We are your experts at diagnosing problems and offering you the best solutions. Emergency service is offered 24/7.

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Disposals, drains, faucets, pumps, sinks, toilets, leak detection, water leaks, water conditioning, softening & heaters. Slab Leak specialists.

Septic