Ratliff Painting & Repair

Founded 1985 • With Angi since June 2010

Tyler

Tyler, TX 75703

For ALL your home improvement needs. Local family-owned business operating in the Tyler area for more than 30 years. Many years worth of reputable references available. High quality work, great attention to detail, and careful consideration of homeowner's property. All subcontractors are fully aware and adhere to the work ethic and quality expected. Use licensed subcontractors for plumbing and electrical services. May contact through email....

interior painting (202)handyman (100)house painting (70)drywall (58)woodworking (50)door installation (39)electrician (39)home remodeling (37)pressure washing (35)plumbers (33)cabinet refacing (27)flooring (23)

11/03/2021

Due to some bad weather I had a tree limb fall through my roof causing significant damage. I contacted Mr. Ratliff Monday afternoon about repairing the roof and sent him a few pictures of the damage. Mr. Ratliff informed me that he would have someone at my residence the next morning at 9 AM to repair the damage. The next morning there was a there was a repair guy at my residence ready to work on the roof. By that afternoon the damages have been repaired just in time for the bad weather that was coming our way. I would highly recommend Mr. Ratliff and his services, he has always been professional while completing the job in a timely manner.

Description of Work
Roofing repair.

Category roofing,chimney caps

Work Completed On 11/02/2021

10/19/2021

I was on the search for a general contractor to make some updates to our home. I called around and most were too busy to come out and give an estimate or were way out of my budget. Luckily, I happened across contact information for Tony Ratliff and he was able to start on our project within two weeks. Not only did Tony stay within the initial budget that was quoted, he also finished the job on time! Tony was honest, did not overcharge, and suggested many different budget conscious options on the remodel. Tony and his team were professional and seemed to really care about providing quality services. Tony was very patient and walked me through the entire process. Tony updated lighting fixtures in the kitchen, painted cabinets and countertops. Bathroom walls were painted and ceilings retextured and painted. Bathtubs look brand new with the resurfacing/painting job that was done. I will definitely reach out to Tony in the future for any updating to my home because of his outstanding communication and quality of work. He is very responsive and does not give his customers the run around. I have already recommended him to several friends.

Description of Work
Painting, electrical, kitchen remodeling

Category countertops,handyman service,lighting,remodeling,ceiling fans,home remodeling,interior painters,cabinet refacing,doors

Work Completed On 10/07/2021

10/16/2021

he's honest, good and knowledgeable, and I've used him at least 5 yrs now

Description of Work
electrician. small and big hob, air conditioning, attic pull out ladder recent is oct 09

Category handyman service

Work Completed On 10/16/2021

10/14/2021

Mr. Ratliff did an awesome job putting in an exterior door at my home. It turned out exactly how I wanted it from the installation down to the outside trim work. I called him up on a Friday about what I wanted and by the next Wednesday he had it done. I definitely will be using him since I have several projects. Plus he was very reasonable in what he charged. I highly recommend Mr. Ratliff.

Description of Work
Exterior door installation

Category chimney caps,doors

Work Completed On 10/13/2021

09/29/2021

My husband and I were on our anniversary trip in Montana when we heard from our nephew and kids that the AC wasn't working right. After trouble shooting over the phone with them, I knew they were going to need to call in an AC guy to fix the issue. My nephew is inexperienced with house repairs so I hated to call just anyone. I contacted Tony on a Friday morning. He was able to get an AC guy out that afternoon. He worked with him to finish the repairs by Tuesday with a temporary work-in-progress fix that allowed them to get by through the weekend. It was so nice knowing that Tony was taking care of our family's AC issues while we were gone and that I didn't have to worry about any "extras" being done that would take advantage of my nephew's inexperience and rack up our bill. We are more than pleased with the results and thankful that we had someone we could trust come through in this challenging situation. Thanks again, Tony, for your help! We will definitely be calling him again for our next repair.

Description of Work
A/C unit freezing up

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,chimney caps

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

08/20/2021

Tony and his team helped me out in a short time frame, when no one else could. His team was professional, work quality was great, and price was fair. Would recommend them to others and will be using them again myself in the future.

Description of Work
Paint and Repairs after Water Damage

Category drywall,interior painters

Work Completed On 08/20/2021

08/13/2021

Not only did Jeremiah do an excellent job on the drywall, but he also replaced the flexible tubing that was damaged from rodents as well. He painted it as well and we were very pleased with his work. He did it all in one visit. We would hire them again in a minute and we would highly recommend them.

Description of Work
They patched and repaired the drywall behind my refrigerator.

Category drywall

Work Completed On 08/13/2021

06/29/2021

It was an excellent experience. I would give them a highest rating due to to the pandemic it was hard to find materials. However, I was updated every step of the way. I was informed as to the progress of the order. Mr. Ratcliff, Never gave up on following through with the job. When the materials were received, the repair was explained in details to me. Mr. Ratcliff was very professional, very helpful, honest, and very responsive . What I really appreciated was that he communicated with me and discuss updates as they occurred. I felt I was really respected and involved in the entire job.

Description of Work
Outside roof repair and re-shingling of a large section was done and also inside ceiling and floor repair was completed.

Work Completed On 06/13/2021

06/26/2021

Tony and his guys are great. I have had several projects completed by them. Tony has done an excellent job getting my projects done in a timely manner with excellent results. I highly recommend.

Description of Work
Shelf Building. Painting. Flooring

Category flooring contractor,chimney caps,woodworking,interior painters

Work Completed On 06/19/2021

Review for Ratliff Painting & Repair - Tyler, Tyler, TX - 39384697

06/19/2021

Tony was very responsive, and helped us out for another customer who needed an emergency repair for woodwork. He was professional, thorough, and the work was superb! I would definitely recommend him to others, and would use him again for other jobs.

Description of Work
Soffit & Facia Repair

Category handyman service,woodworking