AVCO Roofing Inc

Founded 2007 • With Angi since August 2010

13455 State Hwy 110 S

Tyler, TX 75707

As one of the most established roofing companies in East Texas, we work with all types of roofing systems. From commercial to residential, small buildings and large, we've got the expertise to handle your project. Part of our team includes Insurance Claims specialists so we can help you every step of the way. We can also service any type of existing roofing system, including leaks and damage. Another element of our team professionally installs metal, seamless rain gutters. We accept Mastercard & Visa. Free Estimates and inspections for residential & commercial. Established since 2007. A+ listing with BBB....

03/25/2021

Tiffani M.

They have yet to come fix roof since August. Been sending emails and have had money ready for when services were rendered but never followed up or made any attempt to continue the service request. I see ads on Facebook for them but they still haven't' taken time to work on ours. I have signed the contract and everything.

Description of Work
I needed my metal roof fixed after a tree

11/13/2018

paul M.

We had a few glitches along the way, but Matthew was the consummate professional in handling the project even though it was not his center of expertise. When it comes time to fix the pitched parts of our roof, he will be the only one I call. Thank you Avco.

Description of Work
Flat roof on our home

05/02/2018

Christine C.

Here is my experience with AVCO Roofing. I called them for a roof inspection, they found some hail damage. AVCO rep said he would come back to accompany my insurance claims processor when they do their inspection of my roof. Claims processor showed up on the date/time, but AVCO rep didn't.....he said the appointment didn't get on his calendar (although we had spoken about the appointment several times). He did make a phone call to the claims processor while he was on the roof. The Insurance claims processor found damage so minimal he said repairs were not even necessary (and would cost less than the deductible as well). The shingles were still young enough and flexible enough to deflect the hail as designed without damaging their functionality. I do believe the claims processor. But, end result is that my interests were not adequately represented during the insurance inspection because the AVCO rep never showed up. Furthermore, the AVCO rep felt bad and said he would come by to repair some minor damage free of charge.....guess what, he never showed up, called, or texted for that appointment either. Called the AVCO Regional Manager who informed there is nothing they could do unless I wanted the insurer to do a re-inspection. He thought his AVCO rep may have been "overextended." I realize this is a busy time for roofers, but that's not an excuse for leaving a customer unrepresented like that. Beware!

Description of Work
Requested roof inspection after hail storm.

05/15/2017

Patricia B.

Everything went fine. First day had 10-15 workers, second day not quite as many but the project was finished in shorter time than estimated. We were very pleased with the quality of workmanship, and they men working. They kept the yard clean and removed all the nails with magnets. Left things looking great!

Description of Work
replaced roof and repaired hole in the subroof

Thank you, [Removed Member Name], for leaving us this great review. We're so glad Josh was able to help you out with your new roof!

03/07/2017

Rebecca F.

Excellent crew and manager. We are finally able to rest well when a storm comes through at night

Description of Work
Complete reroof after years with a roof that needed it

Category home inspection,roofing

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed], we value your business and the input on your experience!

09/24/2016

Sandra P.

Avco roofing did a beautiful job on re-shingling our roof. They were very professional, prompt, courteous, worked hard to get the job done as quickly as possible while still maintaining a high level of quality. I would recommend Avco Roofing to anyone who is needing roof work.

Description of Work
New shingles.

08/20/2016

C L.

Nate Boomer was our representative and he did a great job getting us a great deal and making sure we were well taken care of.

Description of Work
replaced our roof after hail storm

08/08/2016

Ashley M.

AVCO was AMAZING! Friendly and thorough service and helped make things smoother with the sale of house with brand new roof. Thankful for the expertise in their field and joy to work with. AVCO is my number one choice in roofing services.

Description of Work
Quick assessment of roof and thorough inspection. AVCO came out for professional opinion to verify what Inspection report given upon selling the house. AVCO confirmed need of new roof, provided quick, thorough report and scheduled repair to be completed before sale of house. Not to mention the professional manner by the installers, team members in the ordering and scheduling department.

Category home inspection,roofing

07/07/2016

Bethany Z.

The guys at AVCO were very knowledgeable and helpful with the whole process. I felt very comfortable with the crew and they did a great job with clean up after the job was done. We now have a high quality roof that looks fantastic. We couldn’t be happier with the work that was done and highly recommend AVCO to anyone who needs a roofing contractor!

Description of Work
This was our first experience getting a roof put on. We have known our roof needed replaced for a while. The owner Heath came out to look at it with us and found storm damage. He helped us call our insurance company and get our roof covered.

07/05/2016

Brandon K.

First, Mr. Nate Boomer, the project manager with AVCO Roofing, sat down with my wife and I and went through all the gritty details of roof replacement. He spoke from experience and educated us about the process and how he would deal directly with the insurance company on our behalf for any additional items that could come up once the shingles were removed. He was very professional and down to earth and really made us feel secure with our decision to use AVCO Roofing. The men began mid day Friday by removing the old shingles and turbine vents. They filled in the old vent holes with decking and added a ridge vent all along the top of our roof. AVCO replaced all of our lavatory vent covers, which had served as a squirrel buffet for some time, and removed an old satellite dish that was not being used. Afterward they began installing synthetic underlayment and adding the new shingles. Along the way they installed new flashing around the fireplace, an area that had previously been leaking. Saturday morning, the men from AVCO came back out and finished up the little work they had left to do. I went out mid day Saturday to check out the job they had done and was utterly surprised by how clean they had left my house. Had I not been there to see it myself, it would have been difficult to tell that anyone had been there because it was so clean. As I walked around my house, Nate drove up to double check the finished product and look for any loose nails in the grass and driveway. It's nice to see a company and their employees that are dedicated to providing a high quality product and unwilling to cut corners to save costs. As important as a roof is to any house, it's important to me that it's done correctly. Based on this experience, should I have need for roofing in the future, AVCO Roofing is the only company I'll be calling.

Description of Work
AVCO Roofing replaced the old roof while removing the two turbine vents and adding a ridge vent.

07/05/2016

Brandon K.

06/09/2016

Cathy W.

We just had a new roof installed by Avco Roofing in Tyler. They did a great job. They worked very quickly and cleaned up after themselves. They went over the area around the house with a magnet to make sure no nails were left. They cleaned up all debris and blew everything off with a blower. They use the latest, top quality materials and, incredibly, gave me the best bid of the 4 I got! For me the very best part of this job was Clayton Grossman, my sales rep. Before I hired them he showed me all of the materials they would be using and explained the whole process to make sure I understood and was comfortable with the work. He kept me updated about when the work would start and during the whole process. I never had to wonder what was going on. He went well above my expectations. I highly recommend Avco Roofing and Clayton.

Description of Work
Tear off and replace roofing.

02/04/2016

Clay H.

My experience with AVCO and Heath were exceptional. I would recommend them/him to anyone. Price was fair and no "add-ons" once we agreed to the price. Heath and his crew were punctual, courteous, professional and attentive. Work was performed within the timeline agreed to. The roof is 2500 sq feet and flat. During the recent heavy rain, no leaks...not even a drip. Flat roofs can be a nightmare. This speaks to the qualify of the material and installation at AVCO. I am suspicious of any negative review of AVCO. Call Heath and find out for yourself.

Description of Work
Avco completely replaced my commercial flat roof.

Category roofing,roof cleaning

02/04/2016

David M.

It is rare to find a vendor who exceeds your expectations, who returns phone calls quickly, who shows up when he promises, who over delivers, who doesn't bill beyond his bid, and who you trust around your family and pets. Not only is that what we experienced but we were happy that AVCO ROOFING left our home in much better repair than when we first purchased it. If your looking for quality workmanship and a fair price then look no further than Heath Hicks at AVCO ROOFING. You'll be glad you called him.

Description of Work
Roof repairs, clean and installation of gutter guards.

Category gutter repair,roofing,roof cleaning

02/03/2016

Sue W.

Fantastic. Great customer service, prompt, professional and follow up

Description of Work
Placed two roofs at separate locations

Category roofing,roof cleaning

01/19/2016

Colleen L.

From the first phone call to the office at AVCO, I knew we had contacted the right people. The office staff took time to take my information and listened to our particular needs and desires. Within a few minutes of hanging up with the office, a project manager called to set up a time to come out to our house. Due to my hectic schedule we have very few opportunities to meet at home during the day so he kindly met us in the evening after work. This is after the normal business hours at AVCO. He definitely went out of his way to make the process very easy. We contacted several other companies for 2nd and 3rd bids and none of their services, pricing or representatives could compare to the experience we had with AVCO. We accepted AVCO's bid and scheduled the install. Install day came and the crew arrived on time, worked quickly and cleanly and were done in a single day. They left my property clean and free of remnants. AVCO did everything they said they were going to do and more. I will not hesitate to recommend them to my family, friends or members here at Angie's List.

Description of Work
Re-roofed our house.

01/18/2016

Susanne S.

HONEST. That is the key word here! Sadly I find it rare to call up a company these days and not get something other than a large (typically over priced) quote for any kind of repair, big or small. As a woman I feel intimidated when it comes to estimates and home repairs. I live in a home built in the 1950's so there is often something going wrong and it's up to me to make the dreaded calls. When my roof had me concerned a neighbor suggested I call AVCO. I called and they came out that same afternoon and couldn't have been nicer! They gave me some great advice and saved me A LOT of money and kept me from making an expensive and unnecessary move. There were two of them, very nice gentleman, and they were upfront and honest with me. Not knowing any better I would have likely spent a lot of money without needing to. I took pictures of their business cards so I could share with my friends. When the time comes for a new roof, I will absolutely call AVCO. What an honorable company, thank you!! A big two thumbs up!

Description of Work
Gave me some great advice and SAVED me money!

02/10/2015

Neita R.

Perfect. Gutters to be installed on Thursday, and the process has been painless. The bid was excellent and everyone involved has been professional and courteous. The roof was put on in one day including cleanup. VERY satisfied with their work and the process. Will update when the gutters are installed but could not wait to give a review on this company.

Description of Work
Complete roof with ridge vent and gutters 2100sqft home

07/22/2014

TERRY L.

They did an awesome job. Everything was great. They are the only roofing company that I will call for future projects. They exceeded all expectations.

Description of Work
They replaced the roofing and the skylights for a home that we are trying to sell.

Category roofing,skylights

07/08/2014

Hope M.

Came out and did some work but roof still leaked. Returned pretty quick to redo and all seems ok. So far seems like a good group. I will use them again as long as all goes well.

Description of Work
Repaired leak in metal roof by replacing quite a few screws, caulking flashing and replacing some foam inserts.

06/30/2014

Richard G.

Prior to signing a contract, an AVCO representative met with my insurance adjuster and the only cost to me was my deductible. On the day of the installation they started a little late causing them to finish a little later than usual. That said, the job was finished in a professional manner and everything was cleaned up. I would definitely recommend them and use them again. They do quality work.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced old roof. Replaced all damaged wood. Removed 2 old attic fans and 4 roof vents and patched the existing holes. Caulked and painted remaining vents. Installed ridge vents.

06/14/2014

Tim Q.

I called them (several other companies) for a bid. Avco was low, i used them! They were great.

Description of Work
Complete roof for a commercial building 3312sf.

12/09/2013

Larry B.

They were prompt, professional and right on the estimate. Did very good work. We are very good, we dealt with Donne and Avco.

Description of Work
Total roof replacement

10/29/2013

Wayne M.

Called Avco Roofing about installing chimney cap. Donny sent Jesus Avila out to measure. Then Donny gave me a price of $425.oo I felt $425.oo was reasonable, so I called Avco and gave the ok. To go ahead. Jesus came and installed the cap he had made. It was well done and installed perfectly. Jesus was knowledgeable and pleasant to work with. A recent rain proved that the cap was water tight and secure.

Description of Work
Installed chimney cap of 24 gauge metal

10/15/2013

Gloria S.

Excellent job. We had used this company previously to put a replacement roof on our house after a hail storm a few years ago. That roof is still in excellent condition - they reconfigured a bad design and corrected problems we had before the hail damage. So, when we needed this project completed I did not hesitate to call them again. Again, a good job done timely and neatly. There was a minor issue with a misunderstanding about what I wanted in the way of trim and what they thought I wanted - but they resolved it immediately. I was amazed at how polite and professional they all are. This company is great - I hope I don't need them anytime soon, but if I do they will be my only call.

Description of Work
Installed a roof on a new garden shed recently constructed.