S & B Plumbing Inc

Texas: Dental - Optometry - Plumbing - Psychologists - Other
09/30/2022

12806 E Bournewood Dr

Sugar Land, TX 77478

S & B Plumbing has served more than three generations of area residents with superior water heater repair, broken pipe repair, leaky faucet repair, and full plumbing systems. Founded by Walter Edmunds, S & B Plumbing has been family owned and operated since its inception in 1976. At S&B Plumbing, we take care of all your plumbing and water problems so that your house continues to run smoothly year-round. Our expert plumbers, technicians, and staff work hard to maintain the sterling reputation we’ve received with our valued customers for quality care and reliable service. We also offer a Plumbing Maintenance Agreement where we will meticulously check your plumbing and make sure you are running at peak efficiency, saving you money on utility bills now and for years to come. ...

plumbers (464)water heaters (80)drain cleaning (68)sewer cleaning (12)gas leak repair (8)drain pipe installation (6)home remodeling (3)water softeners (2)appliance repair (11)

03/02/2022

Larry F.

Stefan arrived promptly and within a short time he had replaced my damaged faucet with a brand new faucet. He also tightened up the shut-off valves under my sink, correcting a small leak. Friendly, professional service at a reasonable cost will always bring me back to S&B Plumbing.

Description of Work
Replace kitchen faucet

Work Completed On 03/02/2022

03/04/2021

Andres A.

It went well but will require another trip to fix all of the burst pipes as emergencies throughout the city.

Description of Work
Broken Pipes due to Freeze

02/23/2021

Burton C.

S&B arrived 5 days after I initially called. I could have used random plumbers I would see off the street, but I wanted to make sure the job was done right. S&B's two man crew showed up about 10am and fixed the one insulated, copper pipe, but found 5 more. Hats off to S&B and the gentlemen. Class act and HONEST--no price gouging. S&B is the best in the greater Houston area.

Description of Work
Busted pipes outside of home from February 2021 winter freeze

Work Completed On 02/23/2021

02/20/2021

Vicki B.

Excellent. Steve and Carlos did a fantastic job - fast, friendly, efficient. In the midst of a state-wide crisis, they came quickly, handled the problem and charged a reasonable amount. Very, very happy, and I'll use them again. I have already recommended them to several people.

Description of Work
Broken pipe in the garage

02/01/2021

Sofyan H.

Excellent. Start from beginning until the end, smooth and excellent process. Happy with new water heater and S&B service!!!

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacemet

Category plumbing,water heater repair

Work Completed On 02/01/2021

02/01/2021

Lalita S.

The whole team was quite helpful in getting a water heater replacement done. They were able to provide a good estimate based on photos and an in person visit. The work was done in a timely fashion and they were great to work with. Will definitely call again and would recommend them for sure.

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Category plumbing,water heater repair

01/15/2021

Jason B.

Really well; S&B admins called us back with a timeslot that opened up the same day. Plumbers / Technicians were very respectful, and wore masks the entire job. Quick to analyze the problem after asking a few questions, and offer their quote. Fixed up the drain assembly within 25-30 minutes and took about 10 minutes to ensure it was working properly. Additionally helped reconnect a line in our toilet we didn't know had come disconnected. Very happy thus far with the quality of work. Really didn't want any leaks to deal with down the line; especially since this bathtub is upstairs. This fix may be costly now, but it puts my mind at ease.

Description of Work
Replace Bathtub Drain assembly and re-seal Drain connection

Work Completed On 01/15/2021

01/14/2021

Danny R.

I contacted S & B Plumbing on 12-29-20 to have a vanity installed by a local company to support our community. I spoke with Wayne about the process and cost. He reported the price was going to be between $800 and $1000 dollars and I would need to have in-wall plumbing done. I agreed with the price range and set up an install date of 01-04-21. Brent and another worker (Justin?) arrived around 1pm on the date we discussed. They removed sheetrock and installed plumbing in the wall. The workers told me they were finished with the job and began to present me with a bill for $1042.20 on an electronic device. I said I would pay once the vanity was installed. They reported that they were billing only for the in-wall plumbing and knew nothing about installation of the vanity. I was surprised and confused about all of this. However, I paid them and told them this was not the right way to treat people. I asked for Wayne’s phone number but Brent refused to give me the number. After the workers left, I contacted S & B Plumbing and asked to speak with Wayne. Wayne was not there but called me back later that same day. We discussed our agreement of $800-$1000 for the work to be done. Wayne insisted that was the price of just the plumbing, not install of the vanity or sheetrock repair. I disagreed with his interpretation of our first phone conversation and voiced my concern of the lack of honesty from this “misinformation”. After several minutes of a somewhat contentious conversation, Wayne said he would personally come over and install the vanity. I declined his offer because of the questionable and unsettling character of S & B Plumbing thus far and ended the conversation. Lastly, to add insult to injury, S & B Plumbing bill included a $79 fee for S & B Value Plan Membership which was never discussed during any of my interactions with any S & B Plumbing employees. Later, I found other reviews online which mentioned this extra undisclosed fee as well. Overall, S & B Plumbing appears to show less than honest interactions in dealing with some of their clients. I would hope S & B Plumbing apologize to those individuals via a public social media statement in the review sections of Yelp, Nextdoor, Facebook, Google reviews, etc. as amends.

Description of Work
plumbing for vanity

Work Completed On 01/04/2021

Angie’s list has a rather restrictive character limit on these responses, so I had to omit most of what I wanted to include in this reply. The bottom line on this job is that we dropped the ball and owe you an apology. We have been in business for 45 years and have a great reputation simply because this is not how we treat our customers. I'd like to explain the Value Plan Membership issue publicly in this response, but the rest of the issues will be covered in an email I will send you directly. The line item on your invoice for the $79 membership charge (VP01), when added to an invoice, automatically denotes the customer whose invoice it has been added to as an S&B Value Plan Member. When this happens, the customer is immediately set to receive a 15% discount (as well as other perks) on all work performed for 1 year. It will NOT automatically renew. This was added to the bill in order to get you the 15% discount. There is a break-even job price where the cost of the job with the $79 additional charge is cheaper than it would have been without adding that line item. Since your job was over that breakeven point, adding the $79 line item to your bill reduced the total by more than the $79 that it cost. In your case, you saved over $90 even with the addition of the $79 line item. This should have been clearly communicated and agreed upon before any work took place. Had you opted not to go with the membership, you would have ultimately paid around $90 more for the same work, but that is your prerogative. This is the same issue that we have had in the other reviews you mentioned, and we are actively trying very hard to impress upon our plumbers the importance of explaining the workings of this program and letting the customer make the decision, rather than just making it for them. This program is less than a year old at S&B Plumbing, and admittedly we are still working out the finer points of effectively communicating the benefits and mechanics to the customer. Hunter Edmunds

01/08/2021

Karey H.

We had a great experience with S&B Plumbing to install 2 new water heaters in our attic. Both heaters stopped working right before Christmas. Even though they were booked up and were only working a half day on Christmas Eve, they still found time to come check our heaters. They got one lit so we would have hot water through the holidays! The other heater would not light. Due to the age of our heaters we replaced them after the holidays. The plumbers were very nice and wore masks and shoe covers. They also fixed a water leak that was at our meter for a very reasonable price. We have used S&B in the past and have recommended them to friends. I highly recommend them!

Description of Work
Water Heater Replacement

Work Completed On 01/08/2021

12/25/2020

Jarrid T.

Great experience and pricing. Wayne was patient and answered all my questions. Company estimate included price options and matching. On day of job, crew was professional and very careful not to cause home damage. I selected this company after several visits from competitors. S&B is locally owned and after job completion come highly recommended.

Description of Work
Replace Hot Water Heaters

Category water heater repair

Work Completed On 12/25/2020

Plumbing Repair, Installation, Toilet, Faucet, Shower Pan Testing, Water Treatment, Filtration, Softeners, Hot Water Dispensers, Sewer, Drain Cleaning, Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures, Water Heater, Gas Lines & Disposals.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check