Angie's List is now Angi.Β Learn more

Above All Roofing and Construction

Founded 1988 β€’ With Angi since August 2007

⭐⭐⭐ WE ARE THE BEST ROOFERS! ⭐⭐⭐ With over 21 years of experience, we realize knowing how to build a successful relationship with our clients in the Houston area is just as important as knowing how to build a quality roof. Our dedication to customer satisfaction has been the key to our success. We believe the customer should be treated with the utmost respect There have been many instances when asked what the meaning behind our company name is, we let the customers know that it means that God is above all. With this in mind, we strive to do our jobs with the highest level of integrity and honesty. Above All Roofing and Construction is a Christian company based out of Sugar Land, Texas offering quality residential and commercial roofing and construction services....

A Service Provider's profile image

+17 more images

roofing (97)house painting (11)interior painting (10)handyman (10)siding companies (8)chimney cap repair (5)electrician (4)home remodeling (3)garage building (2)decks & porches (2)

08/12/2022

Karen E.

We contacted Larry for a quote to replace our roof. He was at our home the next day, examined our roof and then explained our options, costs and scheduling. Later that afternoon he returned with a written quote. He gave us a tentative start date. True to his word, his crew was at our home on the date. The tear off was quick taking only a day. The next day and a half they roofed the house. Every afternoon the yard was cleaned up. When they were finished, Larry and his son rolled our yard with a magnet picking up the nails. The next day Larry got in the pool to check for nails. We are really please with the customer service and quality of the roof. We’d definitely recommend Above All Roofing and Construction.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category decks, handyman service, roofing, chimney caps, house painters

Work Completed On 03/21/2022

05/05/2022

Tyler H.

We are extremely pleased with the quality products, excellent workmanship and timeliness of roof repair & replacement completed in March 2022. From the initial inspection until project completion, we experienced first-class customer service from Mr. Posten and his construction crews. During construction we received project updates by phone, text and pictures when we were away. Everything promised was delivered, at the agreed price. I would highly recommend Above All Roofing and Construction.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement and Exterior Painting

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 05/05/2022

[Member Name Removed], Thank you so much for your very thoughtful and kind review. It was a joy working for you and your lovely wife. Blessings, Larry

01/29/2022

Jeff S.

Excellent. Above All Roofing is an honest vendor who does quality work. Larry the owner personally stayed on the job. I will not hesitate to use him again. JD

Description of Work
New Roof and Other Services

Work Completed On 12/28/2021

11/01/2020

Mary S.

Larry is professional and knowledgeable. He did not try to sell me things I did not need. His only interest was getting the best possible roof on my home in a timely manner for a fair price doing a professional job. He does not play games, I did not have to listen to a dog and pony show requiring my husband to be present like I had to do for Sugar Land Premier Roofing. Larry was respectful to our time from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Replace roof

Work Completed On 09/02/2020

08/17/2020

Brian S.

A is not a good enough grade for Larry and his crew. A+++ might suffice. I had to fight my insurance to pay for my new roof and after 3 inspections, it was finally approved. Larry came for all 3 inspections at no charge. Larry noticed many other areas around the roof that needed repair and provided photos of the damage. He quoted an excellent price for the repair work and even included many items at no charge. The roof and all the other work came out great and every bit of trash was thoroughly removed. I would not hesitate to hire Larry for any job in the future.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof and did carpentry, painting and gutter downspout replacement.

Work Completed On 08/12/2020

05/19/2020

derek D.

GREAT! Once I contacted "Above All Roofing and Construction" they came out and installed the vent 4 days later, only took an hour or so to install. They exceeded my expectations, once the job was done, you could not tell they were ever there. To me, they took extra steps to ensure the vent would not leak and would last a life time. Just a shout out to Larry, thanks for a great job! If you need work done, I would contact Larry. I know I will, Website and contact information [*** Link removed ***] , Larry Posten (713) 298-2225 My God keep you safe, Derek

Description of Work
14 inch Garage vent installed

Category garage builders

Work Completed On 05/19/2020

Review for Above All Roofing and Construction - πŸ“ž (713) 298-2225 /, Sugar Land, TX - 38575472

05/01/2020

Burton C.

Larry responded immediately and provided a reasonable quote. He was pleasant and honest (e.g., what he would do if it were his home, etc.). He had to run to get some high grade lumber after I changed my mind on what I thought needed to be done with hardiplank siding. He knows his stuff!

Description of Work
Carpentry and painting on an unusual V side of my home

Category roofing, siding, garage builders, house painters

Work Completed On 05/01/2020

Review for Above All Roofing and Construction - πŸ“ž (713) 298-2225 /, Sugar Land, TX - 38535008

11/27/2019

Linda A.

Excellent, I am very Happy with they way they worked, and they finished on time.

Description of Work
Rooftop repair

Work Completed On 11/26/2019

09/04/2019

Bernadine W.

I waited several days for a call back and then had to wait several days for the appointment date. When the owner arrived and took a quick look at the project he stated he did not have a crew available at this time. He was already loaded with hail damage jobs. He was pleasant and explained in detail what was required. He offered a referral to another company. I had really wanted this company because of their reputation. God always has a better plan. The company I was able to hire (not the referral given) did an excellent job. I will still call this company for future jobs.

Description of Work
Roof replacement. Construction work on existing room extension

Category remodeling, roofing, siding, interior painters

Work Completed On 07/23/2019

04/19/2019

Robert S.

Were able to tackle job the next week and quickly completed the job. Crew was professional and the site was kept clean.

Description of Work
Painted exterior of house and did necessary wood work repair.

Category handyman service, house painters

Work Completed On 04/18/2019

05/11/2018

PENNY S.

Above All Roofing and Construction replaced the roof on our Pecan Grove home in May 2018. Larry Posten and his crew arrived early and finished the entire job, including a thorough clean-up, in less than 1.5 days. We have known Larry for many years and trust him to be fair and to do excellent work. He is ultra-reliable. He explains everything in advance and offers choices and suggestions. This company has a well-deserved excellent reputation, and we sincerely appreciate how lucky we were to find Larry and his team.

Description of Work
Roof replaced

Work Completed On 05/07/2018

11/14/2017

Beth T.

Very happy with the entire process. Larry Posten was quick to respond throughout and true to his word. He provides high quality materials and upgrades at very reasonable price. Getting a quote and actually the entire process was much easier than I anticipated. The crew was very hardworking and considerate. Afterward, spent quite a bit of time working to get nails picked up with a magnet. The roof looks great! I was very nervous about this process and Above All Roofing made it easy for me the entire way. So thankful to have found them. I will be using them for additional work: replacing wood rot, painting, and hopefully, a new addition in the future. Highly recommend. Give Larry a call! (and I did not know him beforehand... my recommendation is based solely on the moment of calling for a quote to picking up of the nails).

Description of Work
New Quality Roof - Simple Process, Great Price, and Man of his Word My fears of the process of buying a new roof were put to rest.

Work Completed On 11/13/2017

11/11/2017

Gary S.

I contacted 5 different companies, all well known and highly rated, and received bids. I narrowed it down to two (not the two cheapest) including Above All and did a second round of estimates and ultimately hired Above All. Larry and his crew were very professional, they tracked the weather to ensure no issues on start day, they started on schedule and finished on schedule. I had just landscaped the front and back yards and they took extra precaution to protect my plans, they also covered the pool to keep debris out. The roof turned out excellent and the place was as clean as when they started. Larry monitored the project and did a follow-up to make sure we were satisfied. I can highly recommend Above All if you need roof repairs or replacement, I would not hesitate to use them again.

Description of Work
I had a 20 year old roof that needed to be replaced.

Work Completed On 11/11/2017

09/25/2017

Barbara H.

The entire process was wonderful. My home was thoroughly cleaned and caulked before painting began. Windows were protected from paint. The end result is just what I expected. Beyond that, the painting contractor was kind and easy to communicate with.

Description of Work
Painting of residential home exterior

Category roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 09/08/2017

09/25/2017

Barbara H.

Larry Posten arrived and determined the issue was with the flashing around the chimney. Twice he came immediately when contacted and climbed on the wet roof to seal the leak. He would have been back a third time except he was in a mandatory evacuation area. Even during the time he was evacuated he was in contact and sent a crew the day after the storm passed to permanently repair the flashing issue.

Description of Work
During Hurricane Harvey, I experienced a roof leak during the times the winds and rains were the heaviest.

Work Completed On 08/30/2017

09/22/2017

ED & SUSAN K.

Larry Posten and his crew replaced an original roof on our home and extended it to a room addition. The result was a fine looking roof completed in a very short amount of time. We were very satisfied with the results. We did discover that the tricky aspect of sealing the roof where existing stucco met the new room was not completely water-proof. While it was frustrating to deal with the flaw, Larry and his crew worked diligently to find a fix and did not stop until it was fixed. He provided further help to deal with hurricane damage inside the house, which was done perfectly by two excellent craftsmen. We believe that Larry’s actions are representative of his integrity and customer focus.

Description of Work
An addition to our home required roofing for existing and new construction.

Category handyman service, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 09/01/2017

08/28/2017

Shari B.

Mr. Posten came right away and patched in the storm. Once storm is over will request service to complete new roof.

Description of Work
My house began to leak during storm. Needed patching.

Work Completed On 08/27/2017

08/19/2017

Cynthia H.

Working with Larry from Above All was a fantastic experience from start to finish. His professionalism, commitment to service, as well as quality of work performed made a home renovation go from what is usually an arduous process to headache free. He was very helpful in guiding us in our roofing choices, oversaw the entire replacement process to ensure high quality work, and kept us informed throughout. And having worked with numerous contractors over the last several years, he is also a really nice guy who is a pleasure to work with! Would recommend him to anyone without reservation.

Description of Work
Above All Roofing recently replaced the roof on our condo complex.

Work Completed On 07/25/2017

07/31/2017

Janey .

I needed my roof redone. My painter (Spectrum Painting) suggested this company. Larry, the owner, (and his son) are the nicest guys! Very responsive, very professional. They incidentally found a broken rafter and sagging roofing in one area, which would've started leaking soon, and 2 misdirected downspouts in another that were causing a leak. All was repaired as good as new without costing an arm and a leg for these additional findings. Also 2 of my window screens were accidentally torn from falling shingles and they were promptly repaired and returned. The roof is gorgeous! I'm very happy!

Description of Work
I needed a new roof.

Work Completed On 07/10/2017

06/30/2017

M L S.

Everything went well. Above All Roofing and Construction with Larry Posten at the helm along with his expert team were hard working and pleasant.

Description of Work
We recently hired another roofer to replace our roof and the job was sub par. After many comments from neighbors asking what was wrong with our new roof, we realized we had to get a real roofing expert out to look at our roof. Larry Posten with Above All Roofing and Construction was recommended. Larry gave us a bid to replace the shingles, flashing and the drip stripping. His team did a superb job in turning an ugly roof into a beautiful roof! We were very impressed with Larry and his team! Our roof is beautiful:)

Work Completed On 06/07/2017

04/25/2017

Robert S.

It went very well. Larry, his son and crew were friendly, hard workers, and left our yard clean. Highly recommend. Larry separately repaired a door jam on a storage shed and also built a wooden box to contain and cover our sprinkler equipment. This additional work was done well too.

Description of Work
Replaced entire roof.

Work Completed On 04/25/2017

04/23/2017

Sharon D.

Larry and Josh did a wonderful job from beginning to end. They showed up on time which that alone impressed me highly. Showed me his work ethic and that he cared about my time. In repairing all three places, one cannot see or tell where the new shingles were installed. Very clean with work area. I definitely recommend Above All Roofing and will use them for all future roofing needs.

Description of Work
All Above Roofing repaired three different areas on my five year old roof. One was to repair where satellite dishes had been. Second was to replace and install a new dryer vent. Third, was to repair where a new tankless water heater was installed.

Work Completed On 04/21/2017

04/10/2017

Andrew D.

I got a quote from them. I just ended up going with someone else. They were fine to work with. I went with someone else who was a better deal for similar services.

Description of Work
An quote on replacing an roof.