Berkeys Air Conditioning Plumbing & Electrical

Texas: General
01/23/2022

1070 S Kimball Ave Suite 131

Southlake, TX 76092

Berkeys has been serving DFW since 1975. Berkeys offers plumbing, heating, air conditioning, and electrical services to homeowners. The company sells America’s top-rated brands of heating and air conditioning equipment known for high efficiency, reliability and serviceability. Berkeys Peace of Mind Plan ensures HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical systems all operate safely and at peak efficiency. Berkeys maintains an A+ rating with the Better Business Bureau (BBB) and has led the field in area newspapers’ readers’ favorite polls. ...

4.2

HVAC Companies (692)plumbers (353)electrician (114)water heaters (88)drain cleaning (64)gas leak repair (19)sewer cleaning (14)drain pipe installation (10)water softeners (7)lighting (15)air duct cleaning (8)small appliance repair (6)

06/22/2022

Scott H.

Classic bait-and-switch. Offered $123 deal on this site, spoke on phone and confirmed the $123 deal, tech showed up pretty late in the day and said he could only do it for 3x the amount of deal. I explained that I wouldn't need his service without original deal price. He said the clean out port would need to be located directly under the sink for me to qualify, which is nonsense. He came back and said if he could go through the sink with snake, I would qualify for $123 deal. But removing the trap under sink would make it full price. I said it takes 30 seconds to remove the trap, I'll go do it for you right now. He stood by the full price. Said if he had to go under sink, it would still be full price. Complete nonsense. If I remove the p-trap and expose the pipe for him, I have no idea how a clean out port at that location makes his job any easier. Definitely do not recommend.

Description of Work
Drain clean of slow draining sink

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 06/22/2022

06/06/2022

Jim T.

These people are con artists. I called them to fixed a gas leak around a coupling at the gas meter. The only reason I called them was because they were listed as a member of Atmos Energy Gas Dealer Network which offered a 20% discount (up to $250). The dispatcher who made my appointment said they would accept the 20% discount coupon but when the technician arrived, he said his manager told him they wouldn’t accept the coupon. They immediately started pushing their annual membership for $100 that renews automatically which basically offers nothing but a 15% discount off their outrageous rates. They charged $575 to perform a pressure test that took 30 minutes. Instead of offering to fix the area that was leaking they wanted to replace the entire gas line from the meter to the house for $2,700. When asked why they don’t just fix the area that is leaking the technician stated that they don’t do it that way. I would never have agreed to have them perform a $575 pressure test if they were only willing to replace the entire gas line in the yard. I basically paid them $575 for nothing. I called another licensed plumber who came out the next day and replaced the coupling and pipe leading to the gas meter for $385. This price even included the air pressure test. Avoid this company at all costs or you will be sorry.

Description of Work
gas leak around a coupling at the gas meter

Category auto repair,gas leak repair

Work Completed On 06/01/2022

03/17/2022

Matthew M.

Great work and solved a non-standard issue with our plumbing.

Description of Work
bath tub faucet install

Work Completed On 08/25/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed], we truly appreciate the kind words you've shared about our company and employees! We do our absolute best to provide excellent service so thank you for sharing your positive feedback!

02/28/2022

Cindy H.

They are expensive but they were fine.

Description of Work
They check the heat and air system.

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac

Work Completed On 10/10/2021

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a 5 star review! Your feedback is very important. We never want our clients to feel they were taken advantage of. We try to keep prices fair and within the national average price. Our pricing, while we acknowledge is not the cheapest available, comes with long-term warranties, 100% satisfaction guarantees, from a company that will be there when you need us, 24/7. Our technicians are licensed, certified, and meet our rigorous requirements to ensure the customer receives the very best quality service and technical advice available. All of this is built into the cost of every job.

12/08/2021

Pat K.

It`s very well, I`ve been using them for 30 years. I highy recommend them.

Description of Work
New furnish, Water heater and airconditioning installation

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing

Work Completed On 11/08/2021

Hi [Member Name Removed]! Thank you so much for the kind review! We love to hear things like this come from our customers! We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience and we look forward to working with you and anyone you recommend us to! Have a great day!

11/15/2021

Paul H.

I hired Berkeys because of their good ratings on Angi. I had a leaky pipe which turned into a monumental issue. Required tunneling under my house to fix. That experience was ok although after it was finished, there was still a leak and they had to come back out to fix it a second time. Today I had a clogged pipe that had raw sewage backing up into my house. My tubs were full of it. Terrible. I called them for an emergency Sunday service. I explained the situation and they told me they could help today. After 5 hours of waiting, I called back. They said I was still on the list but could give me no idea as to when they could come out nor could they tell me how far down the list I was. Just that the tech would call when he was on the way. 3 hours later, a full 8 hours after my call, I still hadn't heard anything. Tubs full of sewage, and I can't run any water in the house and they weren't able to help me after saying they would be out today. I ended up just canceling the service call and I'll use someone else. If you can't manage to even have someone close to on the way after 8 hours, then you shouldn't have said you could help me today. I would have called someone else and had the situation resolved by now.

Description of Work
Clogged pipes

Work Completed On 11/14/2021

09/11/2021

Deloris M.

Excellent service. They gave me a good price, they came on time, and did a good service.

Description of Work
They installed ceiling fan and light fixtures.

Category electrician

Work Completed On 09/11/2021

09/07/2021

Ray G.

Had a slow leak in a shower faucet and called Berkey's based on reviews found on Google. Derrick Olwalia arrived and told us the existing pipes needed to be replaced - giving us a $600 option for a 3 knob install or a $1200 option for a single knob install, either one of which would require removing existing tile and installing a "trap door" for future access to the pipes. We chose the cheaper option. Derrick stated he didn't have the equipment or parts on hand and would need to return the following day to complete the work. Derrick returned the following day, removed the existing knobs and then told us that due to the degradation of the pipes we'd have to go with the $1200 option but yet again, he was pressed for time and couldn't complete the entire job that day. On the third day, Kevin Tolbert arrived and informed us that Berkey's could install the single knob option but that they would be leaving us with holes in the wall surrounding the new faucet and that he had no idea what the previous tech was referring to in regards to a "trap door" for pipe access. Two different techs, three different days, two different stories and when Kevin left he took one of the knobs with him, rendering our shower completely inoperable. I sent Berkey's home and was completely dissatisfied with the experience. I called another plumbing company who sent a tech out the same day AND HE INSTALLED NEW HARDWARE, WITHOUT DAMAGING ANY TILES FOR $300. I would not use Berkey's under any circumstances and will ensure all friends and family refrain from their services as well. Complete dishonesty, lack of accountability and extremely unprofessional service - go elsewhere for even the slightest of plumbing needs.

Description of Work
Replace Shower Faucet

Work Completed On 09/07/2021

Thank you for taking the time to review Berkeys. Your feedback is very important to us. Please let me know how we could have served you better. Please email us at berkeyscs@gmail.com with any comments, questions or concerns.

08/21/2021

Glenn C.

1. The vendor contacted me very quickly after my initial inquiry 2. Their technician (Michael) was dispatched promptly after initial contact 3. The office called ahead of time to check on covid issues showing me they cared about your employees health 4. The vendor sent a picture with tracking bug to show who I would be working with (very impressed) 5. The technician was knowledge, friendly and most importantly extremely professional 6. The employee spoke highly of the company and clearly appears to enjoy working for them (again hard to find these days) In the end we could not find a workable middle ground on price and as such I have delayed this particular project to next year when my hope is standby generators are not in such high demand. With that said, this vendor is on my "first to call" list for future projects.

Description of Work
Whole House Standby Generator

Category electrician

Work Completed On 08/21/2021

Thank you for the review [Member Name Removed]! We are super happy to hear you had a great experience with our team and technician Michael! We look forward to helping you any time you need it!

08/20/2021

Amy T.

Technician showed up when expected. Took precautions (e.g., mask & booties). Listened to issue we were having. Diagnosed problem. Quoted solution and quickly and efficiently got us up and running again. Even showed us how to prevent issue from reoccurring. Final price was same as quote and payment was smooth. A/C has been running without issue ever since.

Description of Work
Unclog HVAC condensate drain to clear fault and get system running again

Category heating & air conditioning/hvac,plumbing,water heater repair,air duct cleaning,drain cleaning

Work Completed On 08/06/2021

Thank you for leaving a review, [Member Name Removed]! We are happy to hear you had a great experience with our technician!

Plumbing, Air Conditioning & Electrical Repair, Maintenance & Installation. Clogged Drain & Sewer Cleaning. Repipe. Slab Leak Detection. Gas Lines. Air Conditioning & Heating Systems. Water Heaters. Tankless Water Heaters. Attic Insulation. Radiant Barrier. Air Filtration. Water Filtration. Surge Protection, Fuse Box & Electric Panel Inspection & Replacement. Electrical Troubleshooting. Light Fixture Installation.

Trees, Foundation Repair, & Appliance Repair.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check, Financing