Mr Rooter Plumbing of Shreveport & Bossier City

Founded 1970 • With Angi since March 2010

3.8

At Mr. Rooter® Plumbing every customer’s individual needs are important. Whether it’s a simple sink clog or a damaged sewer line, you can count on a Mr. Rooter plumber to take care of your plumbing needs – day or night – with never an overtime charge. Our professional service, quality products and honest, up-front pricing make Mr. Rooter the best value in plumbing services nationwide. Mr. Rooter is ready for all emergency plumbing issues, from clogged drains and sewage backups to frozen pipes and leaking water heaters. You can count on an expert diagnosis from Mr. Rooter with our camera inspection tools. Then we’ll fix it right the first time, whether it takes HydroScrub® drain cleaning or trenchless pipe repair, with courteous smiles on our faces. There's a reason they call us Mr.® Call your local Mr. Rooter today. ...

08/10/2014

Called Sat am and had service by 1 pm. Very professional. At first $178 was too high for just unclogging but they used to scope to see clog and a second trip back will be free. having another company use the scope alone is $350.

Description of Work
Unclogged sewer drain to street and used scope to show where clog was. Return trip is free.

Category plumbing,drain cleaning

06/11/2014

Was charged more than quoted. Owner very rude when confronted about price in Odessa Texas.

Description of Work
Unstopped washroom drain about 10 minutes. Was charged more than expected. Owner very rude in Odessa Texas.

03/06/2014

For a simple clogged sewage line that required replacing a toilet flange I was charged over $500.00 including sales tax which I have discovered in the state of Louisiana a contractor is not allowed to charge tax on labor on non-moveable property such as a home. The service was fine but the price was totally over the top.

Description of Work
unclogged sewage line, had to remove toliet , replace toliet and flange

11/22/2013

Cleaned sewer line including camera inspection, replaced kitchen faucet and disposal, reseated toilet which included some other needed repairs. Nothing was done that the need for it wasn't explained to me first. Very professional, thorough, cleaned up after himself, polite and respectful. I live in an older house so I was aware of needed repairs. I would not hesitate to use Mr. Rooter again!

Description of Work
I used Mr Rooter Plumbing of Texarkana.

Category plumbing,sewer cleaning

08/26/2013

very good. 10% senior discount nice as well

Description of Work
found leak under house and repared

02/09/2013

We called Mr. Rooter explaining that our sewer line was backed up on 1/4/13. They sent out a technician and he cleared the line showing my husband on their camera that the line was clean. They told him that we had a section of piping that need to be changed out and it would cost about $500.00 for repairs and they could take the $160.00 we were paying off of it if we got it repaired. My husband told them we could not do that right now (we had just bought Christmas) but we might do it in the next few months. On 1/8/13 the toilets started bubbling which told me the sewer was backing up again. I called Mr. Rooter back and explained the problem and they said they would send someone out that afternoon. They later called me back and told me due to the weather, it was raining, that they would not be able to come out. We did not hear anything from Mr. Rooter on 1/9/13 (Sickness had hit our household so between taking care of sick ones and getting the health kids to school and DR I didn't realize they hadn't called until it was too late to contact them.) I called them back on 1/10/13 and asked when they were sending someone out and they said they would have someone there later that morning. Their technician told me it would be $160.00 for them to clean out the line. I told him you guys just came out on 1/4/13 and it should not have plugged up again so fast if the line had been cleaned out correctly in the first place. He told me that they could not get out all of the roots and toilet paper and other stuff would plug it up and we really needed to get our section of piping fixed. I expained to him that I didn't have the money to do that at this time and I had just spent $160.00 to get them to clean it out. Seeing that he was not going to do anything with out me paying another $160.00 I told him that I would not need his services. Since I am a member of Angie's list and knew I would be writing a review I felt I would give this company one more opportunity to correct a bad situation. I called the office and explained the situation and let them know I was upset. They informed me that they would pass this information on to the owner. My husband got the call from the owner but he didn't offer to send anyone out or anything either. On Friday 2/11/13 I called a different plumber that charged me $85.00 and we have not had issue since and today is 2/9/13.

Description of Work
Clean out sewer line that had roots growing in it and blocking drainage.

Category sewer cleaning

11/06/2012

They were professional and did a good job.

Description of Work
They cleaned out all the lines.

04/14/2012

Alan came out got to work right away, unstopped the line. It took a while because my house is so old and we weren't sure which way the sewer ran. Once he figured it out, it went faster and he unstopped the line. By the way I had another plumber come out (Randy's) and the guy didn't know either which way the pipes ran but difference is Alan stayed with it, the other guy told me my line was broke - didn't run a camera or anything but was pulling out mud therefore - broken pipe. Anyway back to Mr Rooter (Shur Flow) He came back the next week, dug all around and under the pipe, replaced with new -clamped on to the old with boot like connectors - put in new clean out- ran into a new problem here, where he had to clamp onto broke so he had to get a new part and replace that (added cost) he explained it all to me before it happened, said it was possible and so I was prepared for it, he put it all together, covered it all back up and smooted the dirt all out evenly and wala --- job done.

Description of Work
Cleaned out sewer line and ran a camera thru the pipes checking for breaks and roots, etc. He found a section of the line that was blocked about three quarters of the pipe, the only opening was the very bottom of the pipe. He worked up an estimate for replacing the pipe and clean out. He told me if I got the work done in the next few days he would give me the $159.69 off the new bill. Although I thought the price to replace the pipe was kind of high - it had to be done and I would be getting the discount, and by this time I trusted him and his work, so he came back replaced the line and put in a new clean out and now I'm a happy camper again with my free flowing sewer.

09/26/2011

We had a clog in the drain. When he came out and ran the rooter through the pipe but he did not use the blade device to help clear the clog. It cleared some of the clog but we wanted it done right so we did not have the problem occur again. When we asked him to run it with the blade on it he said he could but he would charge us another $159.00. We thought that this was very unprofessional because he should have done it right the first time. Plus 4 months ago we had them come out to clear the pipe before it only cost $100.00

Description of Work
Clogged drain

06/26/2011

Overall, it went well, if you're a patient person. I did have to call them back for a problem with the faucet I had them install.

Description of Work
They were extremely friendly and professional. The service was excellent for the actual plumbing job.

Category plumbing

Residential & Commercial Plumbing, Drain Cleaning, Faucets, Sinks, Garbage Disposals, Toilets, Gas Vents, Water Softeners, Backflow Prevention, Sewer Line, Water Heaters, Clogged Drains, Pipe, Septic Tanks, Video Inspections & Trenchless Repairs.

Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Check