JW Roofing & Remodeling

Founded 2011 • With Angi since February 2017

"JW Roofing & Remodeling stands for quality, not quantity. Our primary goal is to service each client with the utmost attention to detail. Our commitment to you as a customer is to ensure your project is given priority and to make certain you are confident knowing the best quality of materials and

2022 Super Service Award

Minority Owned & OperatedMinority Owned & Operated
Women Owned & OperatedWomen Owned & Operated
LGBTQ+ FriendlyLGBTQ+ Friendly
Se Habla EspañolSe Habla Español
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

roofing (47)gutter repair (6)interior painting (3)screen repair (3)concrete repair (3)skylight installation (2)window replacement (2)siding companies (2)drywall (2)house painting (1)

10/29/2022

Jeanne M.

We hired JW Roofing to replace our roof and to install gutters. The estimate was very detailed and explicit, so it didn't leave questions about what was or was not included. We iterated a few times over the estimate. Roxanne was very willing to answer our many questions. When a question arose about the venting required, they took the extra effort to have Roger, the estimator, return to double check on whether the back attic actually connected to the main attic anywhere. Roxanne was very patient in giving us plenty of time to decide on the roof color, and told us Roger could even come out and place large shingle samples on the roof. That seemed like it was above and beyond the call, and we didn't think that would be necessary, but as it turned out it was very helpful in making the decision between the three colors we were considering. Roxanne was very responsive through email, phone, and text. We were very happy with how the roof turned out. As for the gutters, we had never thought of gutters as being beautiful, but found ourselves remarking on what a thing of beauty they were when the job was done. Marcos, the gutter installer, listened to our ideas about placement, length and direction of the downspout endpoints, and did quite an amazing job making a custom downspout so that it could be placed in a more discrete location. When the roof was done, they did a metal detector sweep around the house. When we found a piece of metal on the lawn afterwards, we asked if they could come back and do another sweep, which they were very happy to do. We appreciated the diligence they demonstrated throughout the process. It was a genuine pleasure working with Roxanne and the entire team.

Description of Work
Roof replacement, gutter installation

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 10/25/2022

06/07/2022

NED T.

From start to finish, everything was handled in a professional manner. Good old customer service which is rare in todays business climate.

Description of Work
Roof ridge vent replacement

Work Completed On 06/06/2022

Thank you for the compliment. We definitely appreciated you and your business. We also want to extend an extra thank you for coming to our roof technicians aid. Much appreciated!!

05/26/2022

Brian H.

We were recently compelled to replace the 16-year-old roof on our house and got three estimates from local roofing companies, including JW Roofing and Remodeling. From step one (the estimate) JW excelled in every respect. The estimate included excellent aerial photos which highlighted the problems with our original roof. The estimate itself permitted us to upgrade the replacement shingles and get an extended warranty on our new roof for less than the other Contractors quoted for conventional shingles. Roxanne and Brian kept us well informed at every step of the removal and replacement process and promptly responded to any questions we had. Their crew did a great job of protecting external items (e.g., the A/C unit and were meticulous in the post-work cleanup of our yard. They also provided new aerial photos of our new roof and assisted us in obtaining military and manufacturer discounts. We would give JW Roofing an unqualified five-star rating for anyone needing a new roof.

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Work Completed On 05/19/2022

Wow! Thank you for the wonderful feedback and review. It truly was a pleasure servicing your roofing project needs. Our entire team is grateful to you for your thoughtfulness towards our roof technicians. That does not happen all the time. They truly appreciated your generosity. We also want to thank you Sir, for your Military Service!!

05/04/2022

Tommy P.

Our new roof looks great! Roxanne was amazing by making a difficult process easy. Thank you, JW Roofing & Remodeling!

Description of Work
Replacement roof

Work Completed On 04/21/2022

You are very welcome. Thank you for the amazing compliment!! We appreciate your confidence and business.

05/03/2022

Daniel P.

Excellent customer service. Always keep you informed throughout the stages of your project and they always go the extra mile to deliver quality service.

Description of Work
I needed to replace my shingles

Work Completed On 04/23/2022

We want to thank you for the review as we had/have multiple projects going on at your property. This certainly speaks volume. Again, we appreciate you and your business.

03/16/2022

Shane B.

These guys are awesome! Roxanne is amazing and helps walk you through the entire process. She worked with the insurance to make sure everything that needed to be done was covered. I'm thrilled how everything turned out, it all looks amazing. Definitely would recommend this group for any of your needs.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement/ Exterior Painting

Category concrete repair, roofing, house painters

Work Completed On 03/16/2022

We truly appreciate the feedback Sir. It was our pleasure to service your project needs. Thank you for the awesome review and compliments.

03/11/2022

Cathy L.

The customer service and installation of my new roof were superb. Ms. Derby was patient and very knowledgeable, taking the time to explain the process to me as well as the quality of materials that would be used on my roof. The installers were prompt, polite and cleaned up after themselves after installation. The following day, the quality control manager returned to check my yard for any debris or nails left behind. Such customer service is a rare attribute these days. I recommended JW Roofing to my daughter, sister, neighbors and friends.

Description of Work
Partial roof replacement

Work Completed On 02/09/2022

Without exception, you have one of the most amazing properties we have ever worked on. The story, age and the history behind it was absolutely beautiful and an honor to service such a historic home. The trees...what a surprise!! Thank you for sharing and allowing us the experience to be a part of that.

10/31/2021

Dian T.

Thank you AGAIN JW Roofing & Remodeling for assisting us at our church property. We had several windows broken at our church unfortunately, and could not get a glass company out in time to facilitate the necessary repairs in an expedited manner. Although JW was extremely backed up, they made it a priority to send someone out immediately to take a look at the damages and to also expedite repairs. The windows were completely replaced within 24 hours. We had used JW Roofing & Remodeling in the past for a complete roofing and property damages claim and am certainly glad we did. Thank you again for your amazing and top notch service to our church buildings. Your entire team is a rarity.

Description of Work
Emergency Window Replacement

Category replacement windows

Work Completed On 07/23/2021

Always an honor to service the Church's project needs. We were happy to accommodate all of you. Thank you for the amazing feedback!!

10/29/2021

Ashley F.

I cannot express my gratitude enough, towards JW Roofing! All that were involved in our roofing replacement were courteous and communicative from start to finish. Because of the balance of professionalism and friendliness, I hope to continue any future projects through JW Roofing.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Category concrete repair, roofing

Work Completed On 10/29/2021

I have to say, you two were an amazing couple to do work for. It was a pleasure handling your roofing, gutters & fencing projects. We really appreciate the positive feedback.

10/25/2021

Cynthia H.

Normally, I don't like the stress of getting work done on my house. Let me cut right to the end and say that every aspect of my roof vent job with Roger and Roxanne has been a pleasure. I almost enjoyed it. Roxanne was quick on response, and Roger came out quickly to view the necessary work. He temporarily patched the leaking vent and kept it from leaking through two major downpours. No problems until the crew could get out after the weekend. The cost was reasonable. So pleasant. So professional. Such a relief! The work was done at my schedule, and I was kept informed of the exact minute the crew would arrive. They worked quickly and cleaned up well. They were pleasant to deal with as well. There was an issue that needed attention and the fix was super quick. You can't rely on a job being done right unless the professionals are responsive to questions and issues. This company gets it right! I wholeheartedly recommend them for your jobs.

Description of Work
Replaced boot jacks on roof vents and replace dryer roof vent. Repaired lost shingles.

Work Completed On 10/20/2021

Review for JW Roofing & Remodeling - 8235 Agora Pkwy, Schertz, TX - 39520476

It is always nice to read such compliments. Thank you for the awesome review and for your business.

10/11/2021

Gail O.

This was the best experience with a company EVER!!! Very responsive, gave estimate, did not try to "upsell"; treated me as well as they would have their own mom! Unused, unnecessary materials were refunded in the final invoice; I did not have to pay for more than was necessary to facilitate the repairs. Also took advantage of roof maintenance, since it was offered to me at a reasonable price. Both services were done in a timely, clean, mannerly, professional manner. I can recommend JW Roofing without reservation.

Description of Work
Repairs to roof over porch

Work Completed On 10/09/2021

We appreciate the wonderful things you had to say about us and your project. Thank you again for your confidence and your business.

06/29/2021

Kathy K.

From start to finish, things went like clockwork. Initial paperwork, Installation and clean up were completed in a very timely and professional manner. Roxanne always kept us update on all activities during the process.

Description of Work
New Roof, replacing rotten siding

Category roofing, siding

Work Completed On 06/29/2021

We certainly want to thank you for the wonderful review. It was a pleasure servicing your roofing & siding projects.

09/29/2020

janie N.

JW ROOFING did an excellent job on replace the shingles on my house. Roxanne Derby was a big help to me and always kept me informed of what was needing to be done. I would and I have recommended JW ROOFING to others.

Description of Work
replace roof shingles

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

What a compliment!! It was a pleasure to service your project needs. We thank you for such an amazing review.

08/06/2020

Rick R.

Absolutely outstanding. Roxanne and all of the guys were top notch professionals start to finish. Besides that, they are really good people. Everyone was so very nice every time we talked to them. And, their work was the best of quality at a very fair price. We will definitely hire them again the next time we want some work done. You absolutely will not go wrong by doing the same.

Description of Work
Replace roof on our storeroom, add on & seal cedar on our porch, refinish & paint our porch concrete & make some minor repairs to our garage.

Category concrete repair, remodeling, roofing

Work Completed On 07/28/2020

You two are soooooooo amazing!! We still think you should be charging admission to the back yard. We thank you for the amazing feedback!!

07/10/2020

Michael B.

JW Roofing and Remodeling is an outstanding contractor to do business with! JW knows their work and provides courteous, professional customer service. Their estimates were on target with everything clearly explained. They took extra care in and around my home and ensured it was thoroughly cleaned up after the work was completed. One team removed the old roof and installed the new GAF roof system, which is built to last, even in Texas. Another team replaced windows as well as removed and replaced all the rotted siding. JW exemplifies top notch quality workmanship and excellence in all they do. They exceeded my expectations and really go the extra mile to make their customers completely happy with their work and materials. We highly recommend them. Thank-you JW!

Description of Work
Roofing, siding, and windows

Category roofing, siding, replacement windows

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Review for JW Roofing & Remodeling - 8235 Agora Pkwy, Schertz, TX - 38709329

Thank you for such an amazing review. It was a pleasure for our entire team to meet you and service all your project needs. You two are such wonderful people and it was a true privilege meeting you both. Thank you for your Military Service!!

07/04/2020

Diana B.

It went so so well. I was referred to JW through the GAF site. Roxanne contacted me within a day to answer questions and explain their product and process. All very clear and straightforward. Roger inspected the old roof, took lots of pictures, which were provided to me and were key in insurance paying for the bulk of the job. Roxanne listens carefully to the customer and worked with me to incorporate some upgrades that I wanted (extra ventilation, new gutters and downspouts, upgraded ridge line). It took a while to get everything scheduled due to the spring storm season and then two full days for the the 3-man crew to strip the old roof to decking and start new. There were a couple of small thing I thought needed to be addressed after the crew was done, there was no push back at all, everything was fixed to my satisfaction within a day or so. I did interview 3 other GAF contractors, but JW got the job due to their customer service, quality, communication and price. I have no regrets and have already recommended them to two neighbors. BEAUTIFUL roof that makes my house "pop"....I never thought a roof could be beautiful, but it is. Thanks Roxanne, Roger, Jorge and team.

Description of Work
Replacement of residential roof, upgrade from 3 tab to GAF dimensional HD shingle system

Category gutter repair, roofing

Work Completed On 06/15/2020

Your review is such a compliment at it's highest level. We love customers who leave no stone unturned and actually challenge us, as contractors, to answer all and any questions for every aspect of a project. With all sincerity, it was certainly a privilege earning your business. We want to thank you for your Military Service!

06/27/2020

Corette M.

Roxanne had someone out that same day, a temporary patch was made to the roof to prevent further water damage. Roxanne kept me informed every step of the way, contractors were professional, on time, jobs done excellent.

Description of Work
Roofing, gutter, drywall repair

Category drywall, gutter repair, roofing, interior painters

Work Completed On 05/22/2020

Your feedback is truly appreciated and we thank you for your trust, confidence and business.

04/02/2020

Carolyn B.

JW Roofing is a great and very professional company. They were quick to call back and set up an appointment to go over estimate, materials,etc. They even sent letters to our neighbors to let them know what would be happening and to call immediately if there is any debris or garbage found in their yards. (One of our neighbors came over to let a member of JW Roofing know how much he appreciated the letter). The quality of the products are very good. About 2 weeks after installment we had a thunderstorm come through and not one area of leakage noted! We highly recommend this company for your roofing needs! Tom and Carolyn

Description of Work
A new roof.

Category roofing, skylights

Work Completed On 03/16/2020

We can't thank you both enough for your trust, confidence and business. It was such a pleasure meeting you two. You will always be remembered as our last true sit down presentation with clients. This virus has truly changed how we do business now. What a crazy time! We pray that St. Patrick's Day baby boy and his mommy are doing more than well.

03/11/2020

Gary S.

Having a new roof put on your house can be one of the biggest decisions a homeowner can make. I had been looking for a roofing company for some time and was reluctant to move forward simply because I did not have experience with any roofing company around. Several of my neighbors had roofs put on their houses and they looked good. One of my neighbors was having a roof put on his house and I noticed something a little different. The roof just stood out and popped. In my opinion, it was the best-looking roof in my neighborhood. The roofing technicians, putting on the roof, took a lot of pride in the work they were performing. I asked my neighbor what roofing company he used and what his experiences with the company were. Without hesitation he said it was JW Roofing. He said Roxanne and her team were amazing to work with. I called JW Roofing and from that point forward it was one of the best experiences I could have asked for. Roxanne really took care of us from start to finish making the process so easy. She stayed in communication with us the whole way through. She is an advocate for her customers with the insurance company and adjusters. From start to finish Roxanne made sure there were no short cuts but only first-class work being done. One thing that really impressed me was at the end of the day when the roofing was complete the technicians took extra time to make sure everything was cleaned up and all stray nails were found and picked up. Then a second person came out after the work crew was gone to re-inspect the property and pick up any loose nails that may have been overlooked. If you are looking for a roofing company, I would highly recommend you call JW Roofing. You will be glad you did. I know I sure am.

Description of Work
New Roof install

Category remodeling, roofing, screen repair

Work Completed On 03/01/2020

Thank you! I had wonderful time meeting the both of you and seeing your awesome backyard and garden. I really do want one of those pyramid planters. It was such a pleasure handling your project. I must say though, having to move a half dozen bbq pits and smokers was a first for us.

03/04/2020

Andrew S.

Went fantastic. Roxanne and Emmitt do a wonderful job of handling everything.

Description of Work
Roofing Project

Work Completed On 02/28/2020

From all of us, thank you for your trust, confidence and your business. We truly appreciate the fantastic review.

01/27/2020

Abigail K.

This company is incredible. From start to finish of our roof replacement process JW Roofing and Remodeling were amazing. Roxanne is incredible. She's an excellent communicator and she's up front and honest about every detail. One really small thing arose and JW Roofing went above and beyond to make it right. I was thoroughly impressed with how they handled every piece of the process. Working with them was a low stress and very enjoyable experience. I will recommend them to everyone and would DEFINITELY use them again in the future!

Description of Work
Roof replacement

Category gutter repair, roofing, screen repair

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

You two, were an amazing couple. You both have such positivity and energy; hard to put into words. Thank you for the compliment. We all appreciate it.

01/22/2020

Thomas D.

Amazing service and quality work. I had several companies come out to give me an estimate for my roof replacement after some wind damage, and JW Roofing & Remodeling was far and above better than the rest. Other companies couldn't even begin to offer what JW was offering. Their staff are experts at working with insurance companies and helping you get the most out of your claim. Their experience in the business means that you will walk away satisfied with the product and service you received. We paid way less than I imagined for a roof way better than I thought we could afford.

Description of Work
Roof Replacement

Work Completed On 01/21/2020

First off, thank you for your Military Service! As for the awesome review, thank you again. It was a pleasure meeting you and servicing your project needs.

10/01/2019

Jose S.

Jose C Silvester ★★★★★ 09/27/2019 After searching for a five star and A+ BBB rated Roofing and Remodeling Company, to replace my roof due to a tree falling on my house and to make additional leak repairs, I got exactly that and much more from J. W. Roofing and Remodeling! Roxanne's vast, detailed knowledge regarding the Insurance Claim process and her professionalism, were invaluable; culminating in the installation of a stunning, beautiful GAF Timberline U