Alamo City Arbor Care

Founded 1991 • With Angi since February 2007

For a more personable experience please call Jon at (210) 599-8733. Super Service Award winning Certified Arborist for 8 consecutive years. Total tree care. We look forward to doing business with you. Cost is determined by the job. ...

24/7 Service Offered24/7 Service Offered
Eco FriendlyEco Friendly

A Service Provider's profile image

+6 more images

tree service (733)lawn & landscaping (137)lawn care (85)hauling (49)hardscaping (27)irrigation system (16)mulch delivering (12)stone & gravel (6)fence company (6)tile installation (6)firewood company (5)concrete repair (5)

06/25/2022

Dan E.

On day one, a large red oak(part of a V shaped tree) uprooted and fell on the lots, roof and fencing of two of my neighbors as well as my own, creating an emergency. I called Jon Chalker at Alamo City Arbor Care. He came immediately. He rescheduled other work and put two crews on the job. They did a super job and minimized damage to roof and fencing. Mr Chalker, a certified arborist, determined that the second tree(the two shared a root system) had been destabilized and needed to come down also. This tree was a monster(about 36"base) He came the second day with two crews and his crane. He had to coordinate with 4 homeowners to do the work. A metal and wooden fence had to be cut and replaced. All were happy when the work was done to include the woman in whose yard the crane was placed. The job took two days to complete. The workers were professional and courteous. Given the complexity of the job it was a miracle that nothing went wrong. I have never been more impressed with any other vendor. The work area was very dense with garden homes so acess was difficult. That the work was completed with no damage or accidents attests to the skill of his crews. Not even a sprinkler head was broken. I am convinced that these guys could handle anything.

Description of Work
Emergency removal of a fallen tree, removal of another tree, and pruning of another tree.

Work Completed On 06/25/2022

06/10/2022

Sonya W.

They did a great job. I would definitely hire them again and I would recommend them as well.

Description of Work
They trimmed my trees.

Work Completed On 06/10/2015

02/20/2022

James (Jim) P.

Outstanding. I've had this service done several times over past 12 years in this house. I won't go to anyone else...good work, good price, delivered as promised.

Description of Work
Had a bunch of small to medium trees desparately in need of trimming

Work Completed On 02/07/2022

09/28/2021

DON F.

Mr. Chalker came out to give me a quote on removing a tree that had hollowed out in one visible location and was close to the house. He looked it over, and then explained in some detail why it didn't need removal, that it was structurally sound and was already repairing itself (a very slow process, apparently). He could easily have removed it and charged us a lot of money (it probably would have required a crain, given its location). They've earned my future business.

Description of Work
Tree removal evaluation

Work Completed On 09/28/2021

06/06/2021

Karen Z.

Jon's team came out and did a fantastic job removing trees that had been knocked down from the storms. The men were professional and the clean up was great. I would definitely rehire.

Description of Work
Tree removal

Work Completed On 06/04/2021

05/12/2021

Matthew H.

Company representative was not interested in the work. Took 4 days for him to call me back after requesting a quote. He did not want to come on-site, and requested pictures instead. In the age of COVID, I can almost understand that, though I think there's a way to look at someone's yard and respect the distance. After sending the photos, several days passed without response and I had to call him to start the discussion, in which I requested a quote. A week has passed now without response. If you're too busy for the work, or if the job is not worth your time, the professional thing to do is to tell me that so I can look elsewhere for solutions.

Description of Work
Consultation on Tree/Root Problems

Work Completed On 04/26/2021

03/31/2021

Bob B.

Jon and his crew were amazing. They worked efficiently and completed the work, including clean-up, in about three hours. They had the right equipment for every task including a 23 ton crane and a remote controlled stump grinder. I highly recommend Jon and his crew at Alamo City Arbor Care.

Description of Work
Removal of a dead 45' palm tree, removal of old tree trunck, grinding of stumps, and cleaning dead branches from red oak tree

Work Completed On 03/30/2021

12/04/2020

Michael B.

Excellent, work was done with 24 hours of the quote, tree looks fantastic, and the clean up was excellent.

Description of Work
Trimming a 40 ft Red Oak

Work Completed On 12/03/2020

Thank you for your business we really appreciate it. Thanks again

09/18/2020

Debra S.

Arborist came out and said my tree was fine that dying lower branches was typical of red oaks. I asked for an estimate on trimming all my trees. The next day I got a call they could come the next day. My trees never looked so good! Took out 2 stumps. Totally cleaned up all the branches and leaves. Shredded and hauled everything away. I would highly recommend Alamo City Arbor Care!

Description of Work
I wanted an opinion on the health of our red oak tree that was dropping bark on dying limbs.

Work Completed On 09/17/2020

08/19/2020

Julia C.

John responded to my request the next morning. Was at my house in 15 minutes. Said the tree is okay and not in danger. Very helpful and professional. Refused payment. I will use them again.

Description of Work
I needed a tree specialist to check the stability of my tree after I cut the root. I claimed a deal to have them come out.

Work Completed On 08/19/2020

06/27/2020

Jeffrey H.

Job was done in an excellent manner. They did very thorough work in thinning branches, and removing dead wood, paying attention to detail and the safety of the workers. They cleaned they area thoroughly, leaving no branches laying about in the open areas and in the planting beds, picking up, raking and blowing off the patio, sidewalk and drive way.

Description of Work
Raise canopy, remove dead wood, thin branches for more light penetration

Work Completed On 06/26/2020

05/09/2020

ENRIQUE R.

Jose came out and gave me quote. He was friendly, prompt, respectful, and an all around great guy. He was able to describe his vision and answer all of my and my wife's questions and able to explain why something wouldn't or would work. His crews were also professional and top notch. And Jose got his hands dirty too! He was out there working with his guys which is something I respected and I told him that too. He installed sod in my backyard to compliment my pool. He created a fire pit with matching flagstone and laid a concrete slab for me to put a shed on. He works fast and is very thorough. I have already referred him and my neighbors were just as happy as I was. He worked with me and didn't ask for money up front as has been the case with other services. If you pick Alamo City Arbor Care and Jose.. you cant go wrong. Thanks again Jose. You have brought joy to the time we spend in the backyard now. You created something special for me and my family and we will always be thankful for that.

Description of Work
Landscaping - front and back yard

Category concrete repair, landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch

Work Completed On 03/25/2020

04/27/2020

Alan K.

They did a great job, my trees look outstanding now. I highly recommend them to anyone in need of first class arbor work.

Description of Work
Front live oaks were in bed of serious trimming.

Work Completed On 04/27/2020

03/08/2020

John C.

Jon and Mike and team again did a great job in trimming our two large live oaks and cleaning up shrubbery issues in our yard. Knowledgeable team and reasonable prices. Will call them again next time we need service.

Description of Work
Trimmed two large live oaks

Category lawn service, tree service

Work Completed On 03/05/2020

09/30/2019

Georgia M.

We have used Alamo City Arbor Care multiple times in the past. Jon and his team again did a great job with our trees. Work was done quickly and professionally. They removed several limbs hanging over our house and pruned multiple pecan trees and live oak on our property. They cleaned up and hauled away all debris.

Description of Work
Prune approximately 10 trees on our property and remove an existing tree.

Work Completed On 09/10/2019

07/16/2019

Elizabeth G.

Jon was able to come out the same day we made contact, and even called to let me know he was running a few minutes late due to an accident. He took a look at my tree and the damage, and recommended a way to deal with the borers, and advised that the tree looked healthy overall. He discussed the health of our trees in general, and what to look out for. A really knowledgeable, nice guy to work with, and didn’t charge for the consultation. I would hire him again, no question.

Description of Work
Inspection of a live oak for possible insect damage

Work Completed On 07/16/2019

07/12/2019

Andrew U.

I previously used Alamo City Arbor Care as they were professional and fair priced. I called and left a message and it took about 5 days to respond. I believe the owner called me first and he was nice and respectful. He stated he would send someone out to give me a quote. The quote was $950 almost double what I paid for more work last time $475 (same 2 live oaks in the back, 2 small live oak in the front, and 2 bushes). I found my old invoice to share with them to no response. Beware of summer and post storm price gouging when they are busy. I’m very disappointed as I was hoping to work with Alamo City Arbor Care again.

Description of Work
Trim 2 large live oak in back yard.

Category tree service

I am sorry that you are not happy with the estimate that Mike provided to you. It has been three years since the last time we did your tree work. We have had plenty of rainfall and plenty of tree growth during that time. Over a three-year period cost of operations rise just as in every industry. I am sorry you we're unhappy with the estimate.

06/05/2019

gail S.

Mr. Chalker and I discussed in detail if a large limb should be cut down. I told him absolutely not as it covered the bay windows from the afternoon sun and also the sidewalk and part of the driveway. Mr. Chalker did not come to the job and his team cut off this large part of the tree. The diameter is easily one foot. We now have the sun beating down on the sidewalk and driveway bringing so much heat into the house in the afternoon. This is not a professional job. Another tree on the east side was trimmed excessively also. They also dripped lots of oil on the front sidewalk. Mr. Chalker did not respond to my text thereafter.

Description of Work
Trees trimmed, cut down and stumps removed

Work Completed On 04/10/2019

Review for Alamo City Arbor Care - 289 Maske Rd, Schertz, TX - 37914094

That's very unfortunate here this a week after completing the project. You were happy upon completion of the project and now respond with a negative review. I am disappointed That after one week of us completing the service you had a change of heart the pain our quality of job.

05/23/2019

Alexa H.

Did a great job and were very good about picking up the debris.

Description of Work
Trees needed trimming

Work Completed On 05/23/2019

05/01/2019

Karen K.

As a repeat customer, I was reminded of why their reviews remain so high. They did an excellent job with the pruning and cleaning up after the work was done. I was pleased the job could be scheduled earlier than expected, too.

Description of Work
Tree pruning in front and back yard

Work Completed On 04/30/2019

03/08/2019

Bob C.

Excellent service was provided, from getting the job quote all the way through completion of tree service. Crew was very professional and always checked with me is there was an issue (moving my son's truck so they could trim), always ensuring I was happy with performance & appearance of the job. I will definitely recommend them to all my friends & neighbors, and will use them again in the future.

Description of Work
Tree removal, seasonal trimming of trees, and 2 tree stumps grinded.

Cost $1,407.25

Work Completed On 03/04/2019

02/15/2019

Garnett W.

Originally called Alamo City Arbor Care to have them check a sick elm tree, but after an hour of careful inspection they determined it was too far gone and was an imminent threat to our historic home. Removal was tricky with limited site access and our very close house. They brought a crane in and removed this 34" trunk diameter tree and its stump in one day. Very professional and we never worried about the safety of our home. Highly recommended.

Description of Work
Large tree removal

Work Completed On 02/15/2019