VHS Landscaping LLC

Founded 1999 • With Angi since April 2011

14726 Bulverde Rd., San Antonio

San Antonio, TX 78247

Please note: Due to Covid-19, our seasonal minimum has been temporarily increased to $5,000.00 for new project. This means we will not be able to offer consulting or design services for installation projects under $5,000.00. VHS is a business dedicated to serving the customer, by listening to

11/05/2020

Eric J.

Job was done in two days with excellent results. All workers very friendly and highly skilled in irrigation, placing and planting new plants.

Description of Work
Remove old Century plants and replace with new plants and boulders.

03/25/2020

John B.

There's truth in first impressions, and from the first meeting, Chris Verme communicated a sense of high quality, value, impressive professionalism, responsiveness and punctuality. Trust is perhaps the most important key to any relationship - and if you agree with me, VHS Landscaping is the company for you. Throughout the entire project, Chris and his crews were excellent in every aspect of their work. The finished product is as good as every bit of communication about how the project was going to end up looking from the beginning. On a scale of 1 to 10, VHS Landscaping scores a 10 in every category. I am usually a do-it-yourself person, which often means that you hold someone else to the same high standards that you hold yourself to when completing work and projects. VHS Landscaping holds themselves to those same high standards of excellence. I had a complete overhaul of my yard, including the sides, front and backyards - all Rain Bird products for sprinkler system; also included complete drip system for all of my plants, shrubs and flowers. New sod, hardscape and borders. All we needed to do was give Chris Verme our general idea of what we wanted and he and his crews delivered the end product as designed. Chris, I truly thank you for an outstanding job from beginning to end!

Description of Work
Complete overhaul of front, side and back yards

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe

10/12/2019

Joshua S.

We recently had VHS landscape our front yard and couldn't be happier! Sean and his crew were amazing and completed the entire job within 3 days. Everything went smoothly from the initial visit to laying the last paver. I highly recommend VHS.

Description of Work
Front yard landscaping

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

09/30/2019

Eric J.

Excellent experience and results beginning with formal landscape design by architect. Removal of existing plants and installation of new plants, natural stone edging and drip irrigation was rapid and well executed with large professional crews and supervision. Outstanding team effort by VHS from beginning to end.

Description of Work
Renovation of our 15 year old landscaping.

Category landscaping, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

09/10/2019

John F.

Very professional and the project was managed well. They went the extra mile to address every concern.

Description of Work
I can’t recommend VHS highly enough. Although, I had to wait several weeks before they could fit me into their schedule it was well worth the wait. They did outstanding work from the landscaping design by Amy to the completed project. My wife and I couldn’t be happier. Thank you Chris and Sean.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service

05/21/2019

JEANNETTE W.

I was very pleased with the entire operation. The crews were professional in approach to their jobs, were there on time with the materials that they needed to get the job done. Sean was there every day to start and review the tasks and brief us as to what would be accomplished that day and asked if we had any questions or changes that needed to be made. We did make some and Sean was very accommodating to our requests. I really have to say it was a pleasure working with VHS. I would recommend them to any of my friends as they did a wonderful job for us.

Description of Work
Our front and back yard required site preperation for new grass, and soil which included removing and disposing of all the old grass in the front and leaves and weeds in the front and back as well as a small stump. We also had some limestone wall that needed to be repaired in the front yard as well. We had river rock installed along our walkway in the back yard to control erosion and limestone edging to hold and accent to flower beds and river rock. Sprinklers were checked and repaired as necessary and plane selections were made based upon existing available light. Sean was very knowledgable in this area and provided good input to help with our selection.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, masonry, mulch

12/03/2018

E W F.

We had a 30 year-old railroad tie retaining wall that was in desperate need of repair, and also wanted landscaping so we could enjoy our yard. Chris came out exactly as promised and spent the needed time to give us an accurate estimate. We knew we needed big help but didn't really know the best solution for our yard, but Chris listened to us, took our budget into consideration, and came up with the perfect plan. VHS came out and removed the old retaining wall that ran the entire width of our yard. They replaced the old wall with Belgard retaining wall blocks. We chose the block design and color with Chris's guidance. Chris and Nick came up with the perfect design, aesthetically pleasing and structurally sound. On the scheduled date and time, the crew came out and began transformation. After completion of the wall, the landscaping crew came in and did their magic. The entire yard was transformed into our little paradise that we now enjoy almost daily. We HIGHLY recommend VHS Landscaping. Chris and his team were fantastic, so much so that we missed them once work was completed. The crew came on time, worked hard and cleaned up thoroughly at the end of each day. The level of pride in their work was very obvious. These guys are great!

Description of Work
Retaining wall replacement, complete landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn service, masonry, mulch, pavers, gravel, drain pipe, hardscaping

10/23/2018

Ann W.

I had an excellent experience with VHS Landscaping from start to finish. It is with great pleasure that I write this outstanding review and strong recommendation. I collected 6 bids on erosion issues surrounding a home in the Leon Valley area of San Antonio. After notifying VHS of my interest via email, Sean got back to me the same day. After Sean walked the prospective landscaping project and talked with me, I was provided a detailed written bid of his recommendations that included labor and materials, and was easy to assess and compare. Although VHS was one of the higher bids, after talking with Sean about his plan, I was convinced he was the most experienced, professional and conscientious for the job, which included correcting erosion issues. Sean was able to accommodate my schedule even though San Antonio had many rain days that slowed their pending projects. Sean and his team installed my landscaping project as if it was their own property. Their skill and experience were reflected both in their work ethic on display while on the job and in the finished project. A special shout-out to Felix and Angel for their professional contribution. Overall, I had an excellent experience and I am extremely pleased with the work - the yard and landscaping look great! I highly recommend VHS Landscaping and specifically Sean and his team!

Description of Work
Landscaping to correct erosion issues

Category landscaping, hardscaping

07/16/2018

lon T.

Excellent . Better than first expected .

Description of Work
Landscaping

Category landscaping, lawn treatment

06/02/2018

Penn J.

I have worked with this company for almost two years now. They installed our initial landscaping in our new home for the front and back yards. They did a fantastic job. They have followed up with several more things for us and have always handled them in an excellent way. How nice it is to work with someone who provides honest, fair, high quality work for a great value.

Description of Work
Landscape work on grass and pooling of water

Category landscaping, mulch

05/09/2018

Julie J L.

The crew showed up as scheduled and completed the job on time. Very professional and cleaned up the worksite when finished. Very happy with the poject

Description of Work
flagstone patio

Category pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

03/24/2018

Brennon T.

Extremely happy with the final product and the work VHS did. Chris was punctual, professional, provided some good recommendations, and has a modern tech stack for providing clear bids electronically and communicating in both phone, email, and text. Definitely one of the easiest and more reliable contractors that I've had to work with. He was out the first day to ensure any questions or issues were resolved, followed up in the middle of it, then inspected the final product to ensure we were happy with it. The site was cleaned up at the end and they even used some spare fill dirt to smooth out a trench I had to recently dig to adjust some irrigation. The entire job took about 3 days and we were notified of the start about a week before (depended on weather conditions). He took care of scheduling the call before you dig folks as well.

Description of Work
Two front beds had mulch removed, chop block retaining wall installed, and filled with river rock. Side of the house was smoothed out and filled with river rock and a chop block lip installed to separate from grass. Backyard corner beds of backyard had mulch removed, retaining walls with chop block installed, 3 plants installed, and filled with river rock.

Category landscaping, hardscaping

12/28/2017

Melanie C.

I am very impressed with Chris Verme and his VHS Landscaping company and crew. Chris did the consultation and walked the property with me, listening to my plans and offering suggestions. He was respectful of my budget and promised that I would be pleased with the results -- and he was absolutely correct! The work was done on-time and within the agreed-upon budget; the crews were respectful and hard-working, and made sure my property was cleaned up each day during the 4-day job (1-day for installation of irrigation system and 3-days for the landscaping). I am thrilled with my beautiful new yard and have had several neighbors offer compliments; my family is also very impressed. I highly recommend Chris and VHS Landscaping - you will not be disappointed!!!

Description of Work
Landscaping for front and back yards, and installation of irrigation system

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

10/02/2017

Peter J.

VHS is the only landscaping service we will use. They are prompt, professional, reasonably priced and always clean up well . They stand behind their work . We had 2 trees and 3 bushes die and they replaced them all with no questions asked. I would recommend them to family and friends with no reservation. Our yard is picture perfect thanks to VHS.

Description of Work
We have used VHS for many projects in the last 3 years including a complete makeover that consisted of flower beds, sod, irrigation system, bushes,trees, edging ,paving, and even fountain installation.

Category landscaping, lawn service, irrigation systems, mulch, pavers, gravel, tree service, fountains, hardscaping

10/02/2017

Peter J.

They are the only landscaping service we will use . They are responsive , reasonably priced and they stand behind their work . I would recommend them to family and friends without reservation.

Description of Work
We used VHS multiple times including an entire makeover of our yard including sod, landscaping , trees , irrigation etc .

08/22/2017

Amanda C.

Chris and his crew did an excellent and professional job.

Description of Work
Front and back yard landscape.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, hardscaping

08/02/2017

Melinda B.

They did an excellent job! In fact they did more than they agreed to. The work looks great. They kept every appointment and completed the work on schedule. Excellent communication every step of the way. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping for areas where grass would not grow due to shade trees.

Category landscaping, pavers, gravel, tree service

07/24/2017

Darren B.

Excellent experience from start to finish! Chris took a lot of time listening and discussing my needs and giving me a detailed quote. We had to wait a few weeks to start the job which is understandable in the busiest time of year. Once the crews started they worked very quickly and professionally. They took a lot of care not to tear up the existing grass and cleaned up after the job. Chris always returned calls and emails promptly and was very flexible and patient as I changed my mind a couple of times on whether I wanted some particular details for additional cost. We are VERY pleased with the finished product and highly recommend VHS!

Description of Work
Expanded concrete patio and added over 25 cubic yards of river rock with 150 feet of chopblock border.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, patios

06/21/2017

Thomas W.

Everything went well! Project completed in a timely manner. Very nicely done and cleaned up after themselves well. Very polite crew. Even came backbout and adjusted sprinklers for winter settings.

Description of Work
Backyard landscaping around fence line

Category landscaping, irrigation systems, pavers, gravel

06/18/2017

Sherri H.

They did a great job trimming the tree and they hauled away all the branches, leaving the front yard very clean. The concrete pouring went perfectly and the team of workers did a great job. We are very happy with our new walkway. VHS Landscaping is a top-notch company. They have high standards in every area. They have great products, do excellent work, & have kind, professional employees. Chris and his team do wonderful work.

Description of Work
We had a very large tree trimmed to provide more sun underneath so we can grow grass there again. We also had a large walkway paved with pebbled concrete from our front porch down to the sidewalk, right next to the driveway.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, tree service, hardscaping

05/24/2017

Lindsay B.

Chris Verme and Sean and the rest of the VHS team were exemplary in their service and commitment to the job. Chris made two trips to the house to discuss details prior to the signing of the contract to ensure that everyone was on the same page in terms of concept and price. The craftsmen who installed the flagstone had great attention to detail and selected stones and placed them in a naturally pleasing aesthetic. Upon completion of the job the site and finished product were cleaned and returned to near pre-work conditions.

Description of Work
Install 400 sqft of Flagstone for patio.

Category concrete repair, landscaping, masonry, pavers, gravel, hardscaping, stamped concrete, patios

05/16/2017

Carlos P.

I requested a quote thru the messaging service on Angie's list. I received a prompt reply within the next business day. Later I was phoned by "Kay" who informed me that either Chris Verme (owner) or G. Galbo (Operating manager) would be in contact me later on. During the initial conversation with Kay, she informed me that unless my project was at least $4000 the company would not be interested as this "is a busy time for us". She said this BEFORE I even had the opportunity to discuss what is needed. Needless to say then she mentioned they were at least 6+ weeks out before they could even start a project. Later I received a text message from "Chris" to arrange a time for an evaluation. He informed me he had an appointment only a few days out at 10:00 am on a work day. I informed him that given my work schedule I would have to arrange this for either after work or possibly on a Friday mid afternoon, closer to 3 pm. His reply was "Our consults are m-f 9a-2p". As I am sure most people who are doing a project this large are working (how else to pay for this level of job). I would expect such a "highly rated" provider to at least be willing to work with the customer, in this case it comes to only an hour difference as I would arrange, the only day I can, in an attempt to comply to his hours. Needless to say this is probably a blessing in disguise as if this is the attitude BEFORE they have your money I can only imagine the service after. Good luck to all, I hope you have a better experience as this company obviously has enough business at this point.

Description of Work
Revision of existing landscape which would have entailed at least 5 pallets of grass, planting 7 , 10 FT Florida Sable palms and a re-do of at least 2 large beds.

Category landscaping

Thank you for taking the time to review our company through Angie's List. We take all of our reviews to heart so wanted to address your concerns the best I can. I am truly sorry your experience with VHS is not what you had hoped for. Our company policy is that we offer consultations to new customers Monday-Friday from 9am-2:00pm. The reason why we do this is multifaceted. We allow the mornings and afternoons of our days to be dedicated to our current clients whose projects are in mid-process. Landscaping and outdoor living on the scale we provide requires time and attention on site to review processes, discuss changes and troubleshoot anything that may come up during the day or anything from the day prior. It our responsibility and privilege to be available to our active customers during these times to ensure that their needs are being met the very day it arises. Being a small business owner, I (Chris) wear many hats to ensure that we are and continue to be a quality service provider in San Antonio. We wish we could accommodate every outdoor living need that comes across our desk, but the simple truth is that there is not enough hours in the day and our company cannot handle the full load of inquiries that we receive. For this reason we have instated a minimum which varies depending on the season. Despite our project minimum and our hours of consultation, we still find ourselves booking out 4-6 weeks+ almost year round. This is a great blessing to our company as we can spend our time focusing on the customer's needs instead of hitting the streets trying to find them. The cost of this blessing is that we are not able to accommodate everyone's needs that call or write in. At the core of our company is family. We value time with our own families as we also respect our customer's time with their family. This is why we do not offer weekend or after-hours consultations and why our crews do not work weekends. One thing I know for sure is, given the opportunity to work with you on your landscaping project, that you would not be disappointed. Our quality of work, attention to detail, responsiveness and overall experience is unparalleled as can be seen in the reviews of those we have been so fortunate to serve. Thank you again for taking the time to review our company. You have my mobile number. If we can be of service on this project or one in the future, please reach out. Best Regards, Chris Verme Managing Member VHS Landscaping, L.L.C.

05/05/2017

Josh W.

Great. Highly recommend this company and at least 1 friend has already used them with the same results.

Description of Work
This is a follow-up review to the one I posted on March 24th. Chris and his team complete the complete renovation of our backyard in late February. Well in May my wife called him to get his opinion on how we could approach some issues in the backyard. Instead of just giving her advice over the phone or simply blowing us off since he finished the work months ago, he sent people back out to our house. We were amazed with Chris, his people, and the end product at the beginning. The fact that VHS Landscaping stands behind their work and continues to assist is great. Many companies would just finish the work and leave, but not Chris/VHS Landscaping. It is so hard to find good quality and trustworthy contractors now days, but cant go wrong with these guys.

04/14/2017

Gilbert L.

Excellent work. On time as promised. Grass is so green and plants are beautiful. None had to be replaced. Some are already blooming. Terrific job. I highly recommend them.

Description of Work
Complete landscaping to include sod and plants. Also Sprinker system.

Category landscaping, irrigation systems

04/01/2017

Sarah M.

The service was overall excellent. Once we got the estimate, and told them yes, they got the job done sooner than expected and the quality is awesome. Professional and courteous, I would gladly work with then again.

Description of Work
Fire pit and patio

Category landscaping, hardscaping, patios

Masonry Arts

We are a full-service masonry co., locally owned & operated, & do all types of masonry work from entire new houses to commercial buildings to small mortar crack repairs. No job is too small as we treat all projects equally. We place extreme importance in our service, quality of work, & happiness of every customer. We want to give each customer "more than their money's worth" at every opportunity we can. Angie's list winner of "the 2009 Super Service Award"(2 awards), "2010 Super Service Award" (5 awards), 2011 award (8 awards), 2012 award (4 awards), and 2013 award (5 awards), 2014 awards, & every year including the newest 2018 awards. Always a perfect rating on the BBB. Ambassador membership of the Texas State Historical Association. NOTICE: Due to our blessing of success from a great reputation & quality work, along with an increased number of Angie's List members in San Antonio, etc., please allow extra time in me returning calls. We can still do rush jobs, etc. it's just that at times I'm extremely busy & get very many calls all on the same day. I like to stay small enough without a huge amount of employees, to ensure hands-on quality in work & correctness & in me doing all sales calls. But I surely will return your call the first possible chance. Thanks! Bob

2022 Super Service Award

Propel Prefab, LLC

Propel Prefab offers metal fabrication and welding service. We have mobile welding options available. In additional, we also offer electrical prefabrication service.

Andy's Sprinkler Drainage & Lighting

Andy's Sprinkler, Drainage, and Lighting, founded in 1987, provides Sprinkler Repair & Maintenance, Outdoor Drainage Installation, and Low-Voltage Landscape Lighting services to home owners, property management groups, and commercial businesses. Our top priority is earning your trust through outstanding customer service provided by our honest, licensed professionals. Our technicians receive criminal background checks, receive extensive training (on top of their required state licensing), and we don't cut corners. If you want the job done right the first time, give Andy's a call today!

Offers Coupon

Visa, Check, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, PayPal

Landscape Design, Consulting, Budgeting and Installation. Lighting, Pond Creation, Masonry, Hardscape, Irrigation, Pool Design, Outdoor Kitchens, Firepits, ect.

Any Projects That Do Not Meet Our Minimum Project Size. We Do Not Offer Lawn Maintenance Services