Texas Pride Home Inspections

Founded 2014 • With Angi since January 2015

Covering all areas

San Antonio, TX 78247

Texas Pride Home Inspections specializes in Home Inspections and Wood destroying insect inspection. For the fastest response please call us at (210) 360-9696. Please ask about the other services we offer. We are dedicated to providing the best inspection possible to protect the client in the largest purchase they may ever make. Family owned and operated since 2014. As a retired military member, we extend a discount to our military customers. Thank you for your service. TREC #21038....

11/03/2017

sandy L.

NIGHTMARE FOR THE SELLER ! PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY FOR YOUR POSSIBLE HOME BUYING INSPECTION.

Description of Work
Be ware of this company, I am the seller and my buyer hired Texas Pride Home Inspectio n to come out and inspect our home for a possible sale. I want to warn everyone that they are absolutely horrible. The inspector who came out to our home left our home in a mess. First of all the inspector that came out tried to enter the Attic in the garage and broke the entire ladder. Obviously he was rather a large guy and this is very bad business on their part. 2nd the cabinets that he opened though out the home were left open. He left debris from his feet through out the home. He also left windows open, when he tried to check the windows. The 1/2 bath window is a taller size window, and therefore it had a blind that he let go to the top and we had to get a tall ladder to bring it down. My husband also stated that he used the wrong shoes to get up on the roof as well. 3rd- I have a bar refrigerator in the kitchen that he made himself at home with. We were very disappointed with the way this so called professional conducted this inspection. This entire inspection experience for the seller was horrible. WARNING PLEASE IF YOU ARE PURCHASING A HOME DO NOT HIRE TEXAS PRIDE HOME INSPECTION. YOU WILL BE SORRY !! MOVE ON TO ANOTHER COMPANY.

Category home inspection

I am sorry about your ladder. At 195 lbs, I do not consider myself "a rather large guy." I did note that the ladder was in poor condition and could pose a danger before entering the attic, but I felt completing the attic inspection was important to my client. I would normally put my extendable ladder up next to the house ladder and use the safe route, but I was unable to do so in this case as there were some items of storage in the vicinity that were immovable. To complete the attic inspection, I had no choice but to use the provided house ladder that is made for this purpose. I climbed the ladder successfully and entered the attic. After completing the attic inspection, when coming back down, the third rung from the bottom separated from the ladder and I fell through to the ground. I did cut myself on the nails that were put into the side of the ladder to hold the third rung in place. Since these ladders do not use nails in their construction to secure the rungs, I can only guess that it had been broken previously and repaired improperly rather than replaced. When I left the property, the only damage to the ladder was the third rung that had not even snapped, but had come off on one side and was hanging. This hardly could be described as "broke the entire ladder." At the time, I even felt that despite the fall, I was glad I found this dangerous situation so the homeowner could fix it and not fall when he was getting his belongings out of the attic before moving. Before leaving the property, I called the listing agent and reported the problem with the ladder because if we do not leave the property as we found it, we always inform the seller's agent. This brings me to your other allegations. Our inspection process includes opening all blinds and unlocking all windows when arriving, and as we clear every room in the house we close and lock all the windows and close the blinds unless we note that a blind is left up for a plant or another reason, and we make every attempt to return it to that position. We also close all cabinet after checking the plumbing. When we leave the property, we always make a final pass to ensure the property is locked and that we did not leave any tools behind, so the likelihood of us leaving a cabinet open is extremely slim. Concerning the debris in your home, we do not wear our shoes in the homes, but leave them at the exterior doors except in special circumstances such as flip homes with dirty or dangerous walking surfaces. Your home did not fall into that category. We find that not only does it keep any debris out of the house, but we can inspect by feeling the floor with our feet while we walk around the house. It is amazing what you can feel under carpeting with socked feet. We do not partake of the items in our client's refrigerators, and in fact we do not even open them. In the state of Texas, the refrigerator along with the washer and dryer are not considered part of the basic inspection and are not included unless specifically requested by the buyer. Neither you nor your husband were present, so I am curious how he knew what shoes we wore when we walked the roof. Please let him know we use Cougar Paws. They are the shoe of choice for roofers and they are designed for walking on different roofing surfaces. We use them mainly because they are the safest shoe to use when on a roof. Since we believe that the roof inspection is of utmost importance to our clients, we pride ourselves on making sure we get on the roof if at all possible (safe to the inspector and not damaging to the roof). I am sorry you felt the "inspection experience for the seller was horrible," but I inspect to ensure the buyer is aware of any issue in the house so they can make informed decisions moving ahead. I live by the core values of honesty and integrity that were instilled in me during my Naval career. I was not surprised by your review since you said on the phone that you were going to slam me on Angie's List. That you did, but based on the fact that you waited almost a month after the inspection to contact me about any complaint and because you said on the phone "[Member Information Removed] to kill a sale", I must surmise that the sale of your home did not go as planned, and in your upset state you decided to lash out at me. I do wish you luck with your home sale, and if instead of attacking me, you put your energy into fixing some of the deficiencies I noted, you may have a better experience on the next contract.

09/29/2017

Lori G.

Excellent, they were very thorough and explained problems as they went and got the completed report to us by the end of the day.

Description of Work
An inspection done on a house we are in the process of purchasing

Category home inspection

Thank you. We are glad you were pleased with our service. We make it a point to send every report out the same day because we know that time is of the essence for both you and your realtor when you are purchasing a home.

09/28/2017

Phyliss H.

Inspectors went over verbally what they saw (2 man team) then a written detailed inspection was emailed a few hours later

Description of Work
Whole house inspection

Category home inspection

Thank you for your review. We feel the debrief is a very important part of the inspection and always take the time required to let our clients know what we find. We believe it makes reading the report easier.

08/18/2017

Daniel W.

Excellent! Thomas and Christopher were knowledgeable, courteous, and very efficient in their analysis of all our new home's systems and build quality. They were very thorough, and provided clear descriptions and photography of all strengths and deficiencies found, from electrical, plumbing, structural, cosmetic, HVAC, roofing, irrigation, and more. Highly recommended!

Description of Work
Inspection of new construction prior to closing

04/13/2017

ANGELA W.

Very prompt and professional! I would use them again and recommend them.

Description of Work
Home Inspection

10/22/2016

Jamie C.

We were thrilled with the quality of service provided by Texas Pride Home Inspections. Thomas responded to our message via Angie's List immediately, even though it was after hours. Him and his son Christopher conducted a very thorough inspection together. They explained everything covered in the report, and welcomed any questions that we had. I definitely recommend Texas Pride Home Inspections, and would absolutely hire them again.

Description of Work
Home inspection and termite inspection.

09/15/2016

ilene W.

Tom and Chris from Texas Pride Home Inspection did a fantastic job. Pre-inspection communication was excellent and they arrived right on scheduled time. During the inspection, they discovered a small gas leak and took care of it and they alerted the owner right away. They were very thorough and explained everything to me in layman's terms. They discovered potential dangers, as well as, pointed out the good aspects of the home. They inspected for four hours; which was great as property was less than 2000 square feet. Their cost is set and very fair. I received the written report on the same day as the inspection. I would highly recommend Texas Pride Home Inspections and will surely use them again if/when I purchase my next property.

Description of Work
Full home inspection prior to purchase

Category home inspection

Thank you. We are happy you are pleased with the service we provided.

08/15/2016

Sam A.

Thomas and Christopher had already completed the roof inspection by the agreed upon arrival time at the property (8am). They were both very professional and informative throughout the entire process, allowing us to frequently ask questions and engage throughout the inspection. Any time that they saw something of moderate concern they would make sure to call us over and educate us thoroughly on their opinions of the property. My wife and I are first time home buyers, and they were very patient in their explanations. They were at the property for approx. 4.5 hours for a 2200 sqft home. Their report was 35 pages in total, fully detailed with many pictures and paragraph length explanations where needed. I was very happy with the amount of work that they did for the price that they charged. Very satisfied customer and would use them again.

Description of Work
Home inspection for prospective home buyers.

Category home inspection

Thank you for your review. We really enjoy what we do for our clients.

08/15/2016

Sam A.

Description of Work
Home inspection for prospective home buyer.

Category home inspection

We are glad that you are pleased with our service. We dedicate ourselves to ensuring our clients get the best possible inspection possible. Thank you for the review and best of luck in your new home.

06/17/2016

Sandra C.

A pleasant father son duo who performed a property inspection on my new home. They were punctual, personable and experienced in the home inspection arena. They took time and explained every procedure conducted during the inspection. The report compiled by Texas Pride Home Inspectors were written professionally & included photos. Definitely would refer them to potential new customers.

Description of Work
Conducted Property inspection on new home

Category home inspection

We enjoyed working with you for both the framing consultation and for your final inspection. We really enjoy educating people on their homes. Enjoy that beautiful new home of yours.

GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering

GreenWorks was founded in 2009 in Texas and is a woman owned small business specializing in peace of mind around real estate due diligence. GreenWorks provides Inspections, Structural Engineering and Environmental Testing Services for residential and commercial properties. Those services are geared around identifying deficiencies and potential future issues and our Home Solutions division offers a full process in prioritizing with our clients solutions to repair, renovate and increase performance to their most valuable asset. In August 2020, GreenWorks was awarded the rank of #1200 on the 2020 Inc. 5000 list, the most prestigious ranking of the nation’s fastest-growing private companies following up their 2019 Inc. 5000 ranking of #1595.

Offers by GreenWorks Inspections & Engineering on Angi
    LarryInspects Home Inspection Service

Real Estate Inspection Service. Let Larry (TREC #6060), with over 18 years of home inspection experience, take you on a tour that covers hundreds of items: everything from the roof to the foundation; including the electrical, plumbing and heating systems, insulation, ventilation, attic, roof, etc. Bring a pen and paper to take notes of the information he will share that does not belong in the inspection report. He will answer any questions you have during the inspection process. During the home inspection process, Larry uses moisture meters, electrical meters, gas-leak detector, infrared camera, and other state-of-the-art equipment. His inspections exceed the minimum standards required by the Texas Real Estate Commission. That is why your inspection is liable to take 4 hours or more as compared to the 1.5 hours that some inspectors spend on an inspection. Use the pricing tool at larryinspects.com to find out how much your inspection will cost. It's not just an inspection, it's an education.

Yes, call for free price quote
    Satisfaction

Military Discounts Offered! Basic home inspections. Wood destroying insect (termite) inspections. Additional services: sprinkler systems, septic systems (NAWT certified), pool inspections. Report provided electronically in .pdf format within 24 hours of inspection completion. (usually same day) TREC#21038, SPBC TPCL # 12100, TDA TPCL # 0708371.

Currently not offering well inspections.