NorthStar Custom Builder

Founded 2000 • With Angi since March 2011

1.7

4902 Kenton Lake

San Antonio, TX 78229

NorthStar Custom Builder is an San Antonio, Texas based firm specializing in custom home building, whole house renovations and additions as well as extensive kitchen and bath remodeling. We partner with award winning architects and designers to deliver notable projects for clients in San Antonio and surrounding areas. We’ve built a team of trusted architect and design partners and integrated them with the best suppliers and subcontractors in San Antonio to deliver the highest quality project with outstanding customer service. We pride ourselves on being craftsmen who know how to communicate. With over 15 years of combined experience and numerous residential and commercial projects completed, NorthStar Custom Builder is a builder of homes, relationships, and trust....

02/24/2012

Mike C.

Jacob started out ok even though he demolished and then didn't start rebuilding for several days. He never had workers on Mondays or Fridays. Work would get started and not finished for days or weeks at a time. Very soon it became typical that no one showed up unless I called and complained. He had indicated it would take 6 weeks and ended up taking 3 months. The tile work and the cabinets turned out beautifully however. The granite for the sink was cut wrong and had to be replaced. He handled that but it meant another delay in taking out the old, my having to pick out new, and then getting the new granite installed. When they replaced the windows, they were not level. He was going to leave them that way until I told him it was not acceptable. They varied by at least 3/4" and was very clearly visible. He did finally agree to work to fix them. Considering the old windows were level I have a hard time understanding why he had such a difficult time with the windows. Jacob used a variety of subcontractors and he called in his father and uncle when none of his contractors would show up. He ended up taking over twice as long as he promised. The plumber put in the wrong fixtures so I had to buy another jet fixture. The plumber tried to get us to pay him more by saying he did more work than the contract called for. Jacob was very hesitant to deal with the plumber so I had to. I think the plumber may have been on drugs and I informed Jacob of that fact but he still used him for the bathtub. The jetted bathtub was installed with an inadequate electrical connection since it blows the breaker every time it's used. They didn't make an easy access to the pump so if there's any need to replace it we will have to remove tile work. The plumbing for the hand held shower in the bathtub leaked from the outset. We noted it when we gave him the last check. Jacob said the warranty dept. would fix it. The shower did not hot water and he indicated the warranty would cover that and he would arrange to get it fixed. The bathtub faucet leaked to the ceiling below and needs to be repaired. The electrician had to cut into the ceiling to run the electrical wiring which Jacob did not foresee obviously. He did have the painters repair that but not the leak from the bathtub. The end result is we had to pay a plumber to fix the bathtub leak, the shower valve, and are going to have to fix the electrical connection for the jetted tub, and we are going to have to have the downstairs ceiling repaired and painted. In addition because they didn't put proper access to plumbing and electrical fixtures on the jetted tub we will have considerable expense should we every need to repair the tub. I appreciate your consideration of this. I think people should be warned that Jacob is lacking in attention to detail and is very unprofessional. I understand after talking to his painting subcontractor, that Jacob failed to pay him another subcontractors. Please protect your customers from Jacob!

Description of Work
Jacob gutted and remodeled our master bathroom. They replaced windows and put in a new shower and jetted tub. They replaced the floors with travertine and get a travertine shower. The vanity was replaced with custom made cabinets and granite counter top. He enlarged the linen closet and added a niche in the "potty" room.

Category home remodeling

02/03/2012

Mike C.

We called this company to do some painting, and complete remodeling, plumbing and tile work in the bathroom. The problems they didn't address are leaking faucets and ceilings, and no hot water. The tile work and painting was beautiful, but they've never answered my calls about the other problems, which is a big disappointment.

Description of Work
We went to Northstar recently to work on several areas in our home.

Category ceramic tile,plumbing,home remodeling,interior painters

09/18/2011

Mike C.

Description of Work
Had master bathroom remodeled this past spring. Tile work is good. Had problems with plumbing leaks. Have not been able to get Jacob to respond since we gave him final draw check. Project took two months longer than promised. He operates under several names. Tx Quality Remodeling is another. I would not use any of them.

Category home remodeling

03/18/2011

Donna I.

Fantastic! It is amazing what they did. The tiling was just fantastic! They also had my bathtub refinished and cut down my mirror and had it custom framed to match the other wood in the bathroom. No other companies would take on the mirror job because of the size of it. They did and it looks great! I also had a special request to remove the baseboard and use the same tile in its place and that also looks great! Professional, done in an amazingly quick time, and no complaints whatsoever! UPDATE: I was assured that if I had any further issues with them or wanted additional services to call and would be promptly responded to. FALSE!!! My bath tub looked great until you took the first bath in it then it started to look just like it did before or worse. I wanted additional tiling services for my dining and kitchen - remove base board and replace with tile and new kitchen lighting. I tried many times to reach them never heard back after numerous attempts and messages - I even spoke to his partner that did the painting on my house which was wonderful!!. Its obvious they are not interested in doing any further business with me or address the tub issue.

Description of Work
Remodeled my master bathroom..

Category bathtub refinishing,ceramic tile,home remodeling

Bexar Home Repair

New Day Floors LLC

Our business is our livelihood but it is also so much more. New Day Floors LLC was started to fill in a void in the current market and to make a business that people can place their trust in. Over the years we have never lost our commitment to our clients and that is what has allowed us to succeed in a very competitive industry. The employees of New Day Floors LLC stand committed to our purpose and will provide the best service! We are open Saturdays by Appointment Only.

Lujan Plumbing

Lujan Plumbing has over 30 years of expertise in the plumbing industry! Being a family owned and operated business, we are able to offer you that personal touch you've been looking for. At Lujan Plumbing, our goal is to make our customers happy. We believe in treating each customer like part of the family. We specialize in residential plumbing and drain cleaning, repair, and replacement solutions.

Visa, Check

renovations, custom homes, kitchen and bath remodeling, additions, home painting, pools, outdoor entertainment, media rooms, decks, patios, ADA transformations