Masonry Arts

Founded 1999 • With Angi since October 2008

Hours are not available for this pro right now. Please check back later.

14439 NW Military Hwy # 108-483

San Antonio, TX 78231

We are a full-service masonry co., locally owned & operated, & do all types of masonry work from entire new houses to commercial buildings to small mortar crack repairs. No job is too small as we treat all projects equally. We place extreme importance in our service, quality of work, & happiness of every customer. We want to give each customer "more than their money's worth" at every opportunity we can. Angie's list winner of "the 2009 Super Service Award"(2 awards), "2010 Super Service Award" (5 awards), 2011 award (8 awards), 2012 award (4 awards), and 2013 award (5 awards), 2014 awards, & every year including the newest 2018 awards. Always a perfect rating on the BBB. Ambassador membership of the Texas State Historical Association. NOTICE: Due to our blessing of success from a great reputation & quality work, along with an increased number of Angie's List members in San Antonio, etc., please allow extra time in me returning calls. We can still do rush jobs, etc. it's just that at times I'm extremely busy & get very many calls all on the same day. I like to stay small enough without a huge amount of employees, to ensure hands-on quality in work & correctness & in me doing all sales calls. But I surely will return your call the first possible chance. Thanks! Bob...

masonry (242)hardscaping (37)concrete repair (37)stucco (32)stone & gravel (22)fireplace services (19)foundation repair (13)house painting (12)mailbox repair (12)decks & porches (10)chimney repair (9)Patios (8)

05/28/2021

Ted C.

Excellent experience. Bob (owner) came out and gave a very fair estimate. Bob also came out when the work was performed. Javier did the repairs. Performed the repairs for the estimate given. Looks great. They coordinated both visits. Showed up on time. Cleaned everything up. Will definitely use in the future if I need any masonry work done.

Description of Work
Cracks in my slab foundation in several locations.

Category concrete repair,foundation repair

Work Completed On 05/07/2021

04/23/2021

Antonina F.

Went great! Thanks Bob and Javier. Masterful job and terrific customer service. Would definitely use again.

Description of Work
Concrete repair

Category concrete repair

Work Completed On 04/23/2021

01/26/2021

Patrick J.

Fantastic! Everything came out looking great!

Description of Work
Fix mortar in stone steps

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 01/25/2021

Thank you for the nice review! Am glad we could help!

07/17/2020

Regina L R.

I use Masonry Arts every two or three years or as needed. Bob Able always promptly returns my calls. Javier repaired mortar cracks on both sides and on top of a rock wall that goes across my front yard. He replaced a small section of my sidewalk that cracked in several places. Javier also constructed a retaining wall in two small sections of my front yard with limestone blocks to prevent soil run off after heavy rains. I highly recommend this company. I have always been satisfied with work done by them.

Description of Work
Repaired mortar cracks in rock wall, repaired section of sidewalk and constructed retaining wall

Work Completed On 07/15/2020

Thank you so much...it is always a pleasure speaking & working you! Take care.

05/08/2020

Allen H.

Happy with the work. The test will be how it holds up over time.

Description of Work
Fix cracks in brickwork

Category masonry,chimney repair

Work Completed On 05/08/2020

10/22/2019

lauri K.

These guys did such a great job on our new walkway! We had our old cracked and chipped walkway completely replaced (new concrete, new rebar) with a new one about 14" wider. We also had our driveway widened by about two feet. These guys squeezed me in between jobs and got it all done in one day - they even removed the bushes - work that wasn't part of the bid - and didn't charge us. They came back the next day to get forms, cones and cordon tape. Three days later when we were bringing in groceries and not walking through our yard or tripping on the chips in the walk, we realized just how much we really loved the work he did. We told Bob that we were on a tight budget and he gave us several options and even some suggestions for things we could do on our own to save some money. He understood exactly what we wanted and stayed in contact with us before, during and even after the job. This guy is a homeowner first and just a super, super nice guy! We highly recommend his company - [*** Link removed ***]

Description of Work
Replacement and Extension of Concrete Walkway

Category concrete repair,masonry

Work Completed On 10/15/2019

Review for Masonry Arts - 14439 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX - 38187510

Thanks you so much for the great review & photos! It was great working with you also. Thanks for the original plans & pics you had sent, as you knew exactly what you had wanted with sizes. Am glad all turned out so well. Enjoy your new & larger walkways! Thanks again!

09/22/2019

PATRICIA P.

Bob Abel was friendly, knowledgeable, professional, and responsive. Masonry Arts did the work in two phases. First, they demolished the front step and prepared the porch floor. They created two new concrete steps attached to the porch, then laid the flagstone. It truly transformed the front porch and made stepping onto the porch safer to climb the stairs. The second phase was when Xavier, his stepson, used his artistic abilities to very closely match the brick and mortar to fix the numerous cracked bricks on two sides of the home. When you look at the bricks, you can't tell there was even repairs. We are very pleased with the results as well as how responsive and timely they completed the work. We would highly recommend them to those needing masonry work done.

Description of Work
We needed masonry repairs to fix the cracked bricks and corner fascias due to foundation shifting. We also needed to fix our porch and porch archway.

Category masonry,plastering

Work Completed On 08/29/2019

Review for Masonry Arts - 14439 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX - 38125317

Thanks for the nice review...it was really great working with you. All came out nice, & the porch flagstone will have more color come out when gets washed off, & each following time it gets washed more will show. Thanks again!

08/14/2019

Robert S.

I enjoyed working with Bob. He is friendly and knowledgeable and returns all forms of communication (calls, text messages, e-mail) in a timely fashion despite having a busy schedule. The walls look great and are very sturdy. The crew is friendly, professional, and the masonry work is the best. Highly recommend!

Description of Work
Stone walls around a garden and tree in the front yard.

Work Completed On 08/15/2018

Thank you for the nice review! It was great working with you also. The wall came out very good & blends with your house well. Let me know if you should have any more projects in the future.

07/22/2019

Bill J.

Mr. Bob Abel and his team at Masonry Arts of Texas did a wonderful job. His team was always on time, kept to the timeline (and in some cases, went ahead of timeline), and were constant professions at all times. From the first meeting, we never felt rushed in our decisions. In fact, on multiple occasions he advised for us to take a few days and think about our decisions. Mr. Abel went well above our expectations by visiting more than eight different stone yards in attempt to get the shade of stone we wanted. We wanted more browns and less orange. Additionally, despite a long run of bad weather, he updated us on our schedule on almost a daily basis. In fact he would call us before we could call him. For the quality of masonry work performed, I don't think we could have found a better price point. Wonderful craftsmanship. He produced the color, shape and overall design we wanted. I would highly recommend Mr. Able and his team to anyone looking for masonry work (especially patios). I would use his service again hands down. No regrets.

Description of Work
Extend Pre-Existing Patio and Built 2-Tier Flagstone Patio

Category concrete repair,masonry,patios

Work Completed On 05/01/2019

Review for Masonry Arts - 14439 NW Military Hwy, San Antonio, TX - 37997439

Thank you sir! That was a really good review & am so glad that such a large project came out perfect. All went very smooth & I am thankful to have the best workers. You had a very good plan on how you both would like the patio with the step-down & basic sizes wanted. Thanks for all of your input & coordination, etc. Let me know if you need any other masonry products in the future. Thanks again!

02/05/2019

Tony L.

Bob is incredible to work with! During the entire process, Bob always got back with me through texting or phone conversation whenever I had questions. I feel that a lot of business owners/contractors lack communication skills these days, but not Bob! In addition, he has such a great personality and made the process very easy, which I really appreciated. Roberto (head mason) and his crew did amazing flagstone work. They completely transformed my front and back patio, making it look ten times better. One thing I really appreciated was their attention to detail and also being aware of not making a huge mess during the process. I definitely plan on utilizing Bob and his crew for future masonry projects. I highly recommend Masonry Arts!

Description of Work
Cover front and back patio concrete with flagstone, in addition to extending flagstone into the backyard from the back patio.

Work Completed On 02/02/2019

Thank you so much sir! It was a real pleasure to work with you both also! I know you are very busy & many thanks for taking the time to post such a nice review. I appreciate all of your coordination with your dogs, sprinklers, & attention to details. Am so glad to have great crews that don't mind working in such difficult weather conditions, when many others wouldn't have shown up in the drizzle, then brought plastic to cover things. I look forward to working with you again on any projects that you all might have! Take care.

Masonry- brick, rock, cultured stone, block, pavers, columns, flagstone patios, fireplaces, fire-pits, bbq's, retaining walls, garden planters & borders, walks, outdoor kitchen areas, ranch entrances, hardscapes for landscaping, mortar crack problem repair & foundation plaster repair. Painting- Interior & exterior.

Granite counter tops