Lone Star Roofing & Construction Inc

Founded 1999 • With Angi since May 2006

4733 Whirlwind

San Antonio, TX 78217

Additional DBA - Lone-Star Roofing & Construction Inc, Lone Star Roofing & Construction. Additional contact name - Carl Shawn De Cento. Additional email - sdecento@lonestarroofing.com. Additional hours - On Call 24/7. Additional DBA - Lone Star Roofing & Construction Inc.

01/17/2016

Kathryn H.

Family owned company, Greg provided amazing service and always responded quickly. We are very pleased with our roof.

12/24/2015

James G B.

Their estimator met at my home when the contract insurance adjuster set by the WillFixIt insurance company and kept that individual from low estimating. The adjuster wanted to cover a wall with one coat of paint, the Lone Star guy forced the second coat saying that coverage was not assured with one coat. When we were not satisfied with the quality of the proposed carpet from the contract adjustor, the Lone Star estimator got a lab report that supported a better quality. The work was done in a good manner with results that were substantially better than what I have seen from others. Since all the furniture needed to be removed to replace the carpet, we had the contractor paint the master bedroom at our cost and we upgraded the carpeting slightly. The new carpet was a bit taller than the old and when I called and asked Lone Star who I could get to fix the doors that dragged on it, they said they should have done that and sent a workman out to correct the problem. My wife is happy and thinks that was done perfectly, which seems to describe all of the work. We will probably start some significant renovations in the next year or so and Lone Star Roofing and Construction is on our short list of possible contractors.

Description of Work
Repaired what seems to be intentional damage done to our master bedroom closet by a WillFixIt bad job and did some additional work in the rooms impacted.

Category roofing, interior painters

12/11/2015

Jeffrey J.

Everything was completed without incident. The only complaint I have would be the lack of communication during the period when work was being completed. I had to initiate contact to find out where they were in the process.

Description of Work
Remove shingles and associated roofing materials and replace, remove deteriorated wood around chimney and replace with Hardiplank, paint some siding impacted by hail, replace screens damaged by hail, replace window glazing damaged by hail

Category roofing, replacement windows, chimney repair, woodworking, house painters

11/25/2015

Cora H.

FABULOUS! I would do it again! There are so many stories about bad contractors and low quality work and this company simply was the best! From the beginning they were prompt and easy to stay in contact with. They knew the ins and outs of the business such as city permits inspections and they had the best teams: electricians, engineer, hvac, drywall experts, painters, framers and slab prep. Everyone was professional and great to work with. They all tried to make this endeavor go as smoothly as possible for me and always at my convenience. I always had a say in things such as window sizes/placement, siding style, flooring, paint color etc. Special kuddos to the contractor David Garcia as he was always positive and very calm, especially when I would get anxious about the timing of projects; needless to say I learned a lot - it does not go as fast as it does on HGTV! But in the scheme of things, it was completed within a week of when they said. Total time was 2 months - fantastic! Thank you Angie's list!

Description of Work
Lone Star did a room addition. This required removal of the back wall, pouring cement slab, framing, adding insulation, installing steel I-beam header, installing new roofing, windows, flooring, siding, drywall, paint. All electrical and hvac.

Category drywall, roofing, replacement windows, house painters, interior painters

07/13/2015

Matthew S.

Based on a recommendation from USAA, I contacted Lone Star to fix a hail-damaged roof (the roof had only been on for 6 days when hail destroyed it). They came out, gave an estimate, worked seamlessly with USAA, discussed the project throughout the project, and had a metal underlayment fabricated to take care of a leak that had been a problem for years but no one else was able to fix. They are not cheap, but I am delighted with their work.

Description of Work
Reroofed the house and fixed a pernicious leak.

06/29/2015

MICHAEL M.

Very professional and prompt. What I appreciated most was that they gave me a realistic bid for a commercial property instead of an overpriced padded bill just for the sake of us being a commercial property. Companies like that are hard to find. I chose to just seal the leaks instead of a full re-roof, but I would be fully confident in their ability to do the job if I had so chosen.

Description of Work
Sealed a number of leaks on a commercial property that had both a flat and angled roof.

10/27/2014

Sue B.

Our experience with Lone Star Roofing and Construction was extremely positive. The owner, Shawn, is very professional and responsive, and communicated with us throughout the project. Their crew was experienced and well organized, and cleaned up the work site daily. I would definitely recommend this company to anyone seeking quality workmanship and materials.

Description of Work
Removed our home's former rain gutters and installed new wider gutters. Painted all of our home's exterior fascia board, front and back patio ceiling, exterior doors, and out-building. Removed former roof and installed new roof on home and out-building. Completed rebuild and repair of chimney, repaired stone veneer, and re-painted interior wall and ceilings where needed.

Category gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair, house painters, interior painters

07/23/2014

MICHELE M.

I called Lone Star State Construction for an estimate to have our roof and chimney surround (on roof) replaced. Although I had them bid additional items, we have only had the roof and chimney done, so I am only reviewing that portion. I was impressed by the man who came as he was prompt, courteous and thorough (but I don't remember his name). Our home is a simple one story with a straight roof line, no ridge vent (an electric attic fan) and one perpendicular roof extension (the two car garage). It is the traditional slope roof, no fancy or steep angles. It is a 1370 sq foot home with approx 2320 sq ft of roof. When we discussed details before he left, he explained to me that their estimate would not be the highest, but would also not be the lowest. A few days later I received an email with the full estimate (in Microsoft Excel format). I have attached a photo of it. Their estimate was by far the highest estimate I received. Although we did not replace our roof until February 2014, I secured many estimates before choosing a company. 95% of these estimates were in the $5000 range! The estimate did not include the installation of a ridge vent and removal of our electric attic fan, which the contractor we chose did. I was appalled at the exhorbitant price - more than double, just for the roof, than almost all of the estimates I got. I did not choose tiny companies to give me estimates, either. If you review the pic of the estimate, at the bottom it states that the prices are only good if the work is done all together. In other words, if we had chosen only to do the roof and chimney the prices would have been higher! An additional note: I had asked him to do separate estimates for the bathroom and carpet - I didn't receive that. I don't know the quality of their work or if their work justifies their designer prices. You can judge for yourselves -- we didn't use them.

Description of Work
Provided an estimate for a roof & outdoor chimney surround replacement.

07/10/2014

CAROL & RON R.

I spent a little over $10000. I would highly recommend him. His family setup the business so he grew up with it. They care about the people they service. They came back to check after the fact and they did touch ups. They were very professional.

Description of Work
I used Lone Star Roofing & Construction in May for roofing and chimney work.

06/25/2014

Claudia B.

Extremely professional company from initial contact, analyzing the job, providing a detailed quote, answering questions, and on site job completion and clean-up. Highly recommended!!!

Description of Work
Removed and replaced 8 lead vent pipe flashings that had recently been replaced improperly by another contractor.Removed sealant from top of base flashing @ water heater and furnace pipes, re-secured10/28/13 and painted. Was responsive to urgent request since there was a leak in a bedroom.

03/09/2014

Kevin C.

From beginning to end, Lone Star Roofing and Construction exceeded all expectations. The work was completed on schedule. The work was well supervised, the work site cleaned, and the outcome was achieved without delay. From the first inspection through the support provided by the office team, everything went well.

Description of Work
Removed and replaced roof following discovery of hail damage

12/17/2013

Monica C.

It is now 12/17/13 and we have yet to receive an estimate via email nor a phone call back and my spouse has called him once or twice to ask for the estimate and we have yet to receive a response. We are very disappointed as we have heard very good things about Lone Star and we're hoping to seriously consider them for this job but now we are not so sure. If they are too busy to undertake the job we totally understand but we would have liked to have been given that response.

Description of Work
We invited Lone Star over for an estimate and Jason came over and we discussed the plans for rather large remodeling effort we wanted - adding on 4 rooms to our existing home and possible more to the interior home. He indicated he would get back to us with an estimate within the week or 2 and we figured 2 weeks due to Thanksgiving coming the following week.

Category home remodeling

[Member name removed] I apologize, but we are Lone Star Roofing and Construction. After looking we can not find any records with your name and we have never had a Jason work for us. If you would like for us to send someone out and give you an esitmate we would be more than happy to. You can schedule an appointment by calling the office at 210-637-7663.

09/09/2013

Ronald B.

The representative for Lone Star Roofing was very prompt on the date and time he said he would be there, examined my issue with the front entry way, and gave a very quick estimate for the repair. After looking over the proposal for them and two other companies, I went with one of the other companies that was slightly less in price.

Description of Work
I got an estimate from Lone Star Roofing for a repair I wanted to do on my front entry way of my house.

08/27/2013

Mark D M.

They were very professional. They came out when they said they would. However, I'm still waiting to get a bid from them and it had been over 3 weeks. I have called them to ask where the bid is and I still don't have it. They were very professional. I liked the way they said their process was, that they meet once a week about the jobs that are going on. I liked that they said they always have a supervisor here during the renovation process.

Description of Work
I last used Lone Star Roofing & Construction to get an estimate for a bathroom and kitchen remodeling about a month ago.

Category home remodeling

07/11/2013

John K.

Contractor and his staff, including administrative staff, excellently responsive, prompt and efficient. (no delays in entire job or responsiveness to my queries). Service during project was seamless, good crew and kept after job diligently to completion.

Description of Work
Total re-roof two-story house, siding replacement on 3 of 4 exterior walls plus garage and re-roofed storage building. Replace hail-damaged window screens.

05/30/2013

Luis R.

It was great. Everything went fine. The individuals were very professional. The only complaint I have is that one of the shingles already flew off, but I am calling to have them come fix that soon. Overall they were great.

Description of Work
They replaced my whole roof.

05/20/2013

Jonathan M.

It was very reasonable. They were very thorough and looked through everything. They were honest and told me I didn't need to pay for unnecessary repairs. The roof was in fine shape, so we didn't need to use them for anything.

Description of Work
They came out for an estimate for roof repair.

04/25/2013

kathryn a W.

The work is good but they sent out only one guy to remove 2 skylights and then re deck and roof the area where the skylights were located. I was really worried about one guy up on my roof doing heavy work by himself with no one around but it was done by the time I found out about it.

Description of Work
they removed 2 skylights and completely rebuilt the roof in the area. Large skylights 4 ft long 18 in wide.

03/12/2013

Saundra H.

The estimate was great, they were very professional, prompt and on time. I'm considering their proposal and will be contacting them for future jobs. They have been in my family for years of redoing my roof due to hail and wind damage and have always done an excellent job. I've never had a problem on any of their work and I truly trust them to always give their best. I will always give them my first call for any services needed.

Description of Work
They gave an estimate on a remodeling job for my bathroom. .

12/29/2012

Barbara B.

We had squirrels/possum in our attic. Request for estimate was made in late May 2010 of Lone Star as they had been referred by someone in the roofing business. It took a few weeks to obtain a quote. and a few more weeks for work to commence due to their busy schedule. The workers were very professional and made a few additional repairs as discovered after they had begun work. The work was finished in July 2010. We have had rats and squirrels again this year but have not yet called anyone for an inspection to see where they are getting in.

Description of Work
Repair of tile roof and fascia to left of front door, repaired tile valley above metal roof, replaced 12 broken tiles. Small animals had gotten in our attic.

10/20/2012

John F.

Work was timely. Work quality was great. Service after the sale was exceptional.

Description of Work
His roofers removed all old shingles and padding. repaced the old paper with nevew and added a layer of ice and water shield. they flawlessly installed new shingles. Very professional crew. About three months later, excessive amounts of materal started coming off the shingles. The owner came out and agreed something had to be done. He made all the arrangements with the shingle manufacturer and the new shingles arrived in about a week. Lonestar started to remove the roof the next morning and the entire job was completed in three days. Excellent job and no probles with the shimgles since. New, more substantial gutters were installed at the same time. No problems encountered

Category gutter repair, roofing

10/15/2012

DAVID S.

They did great. I would highly recommend.

Description of Work
I hired them to put on a new roof.

08/16/2012

Janet C.

I emailed Lone Star Roofing and Construction on a Friday and they where out here on the following Monday morning.We walked around the house talking about what I needed to have done.Eric said he would email me the estimate back that afternoon and he did. I just went with another Angies List contractor because they where several hundred dollars less on their estimate, even with Lone Stars coupon offer.

Description of Work
Eric came out to give an estimate to powerwash, caulk and paint a single story home.

Category house painters

07/24/2012

Saundra H.

Lone Star roofing and Construction is the only contractor I would trust with my roofing and repair needs. They have always been honest, professional and above reproach in workmanship. I glanced at the first write up and thought to myself, how could anyone be so bigoted about people that are just trying to feed their families like all of us. I'm sorry but I feel that some of the illegles as you call them are more willing to work and work harder than some of our ownand quot;Born is the USAand quot; I probably know their whole crew as much as I've had them here to fix hail or wind damaged stuff and they have always been total gentlemen, polite,courteious, respectful, punctual and with much concern about our satisfaction. The Insurance agent recommended an outstanding company for you and the Board of Insurance that you talked with gave you very false information. Lone Star Roofing and Construction has always checked the papers from my insurance company as well but they have nothing to gain by checking it but the insurance companies have everything to gain if they leave out a much needed repair. Lone Star Roofing and Construction has always found that the adjusters from our very reputable insurance companies have left out what they thought they could to cut the cost of repairing our roof properly or our siding. No, you don't have to show them what your insurance company estimated your repairs to be but that would be your loss if they didn't cover everything so what have you gained by with-holding information-NOTHING! Good luck with that. How's that working for you? Lone Star roofing and Construction has always been at it's best for my family and I will alway use them for all of my repair needs because they care about their customers and they have always gone to battle for me against my insurance company to get me every repair my family deserved. After all the insurance companies are getting the big bucks, it's in their best interest to save as much money as they possibly can. Your money, by the way. Remember, who gains and who loses, it's not elementary, it factual.

Description of Work
Lone Star roofing and Construction has been a part of my family for over 30 years. I had Lone Star roofing services since their dad ran the company. I have had nothing but excellent service from them each time. I'm very meticulious about contractors working on my house and I can be very annoying in my quest for perfection The jobs completed to our familes satisfaction were:1. Re-roofing our home 4 times in the last 30 years since we've had several hail and wind storms2. Painting the inside of our patio roof with cedar paint and painting our Chimney3. Replacing all the wood on our Chimney with Hardy Plank Siding at no cost to us or our insurance company4. Replacing the gutter over our front door that had begun to rot at no cost to us or our insurance company5. Replacing the wood under my shingles6. Re-shingling my 12 X 24 shed with shingles that matched our home. They didn't have to as our shed is on an entirely different lot. They didn't charge extra for the upgrade either. The shimgles are now all 3 dimentional.

Category decks, gutter repair, roofing, siding, chimney repair, woodworking, house painters, interior painters

07/23/2012

Carlos G.

A revision to my prior review on 7/23/12. I wanted to thank Shawn, the owner of Lone Star Roofing and Construction in taking the time to visit directly with me and educate me on roofing, construction, and of the personnel he chooses. I had left a negative impression on my last review, and I regret any politically incorrect oversights. Lone Star Roofing and Construction takes a lot of time to hire all their personnel, making many items a priority such as background checks, proper documentation, and fully train their own employees to ensure quality assurance. He demonstrated actual documentation to this effect and for that I say Thank You!, for supporting your employees, something to which I have not seen done so vigorously, even by local Fortune 200 companies! As for the roofing tile not matching, Shawn pointed out the evidence of a dark fungus that merely stains roofing tiles and are commonly found on roofing materials from 5 to 10 years of age, whereas the new roofing materials do not have the fungus present, thus will not match directly with the older roofing tiles on repair work. Shawn demonstrated his willingness to make things right when pointing out the vacuum cleaner used was my own. Shawn addressed this issue with his company, an oversight, since Shawn properly equips all of his employees with vacuum cleaners as well as every part of a proper set of equipment for each and every job Lone Star Roofing and Constuction undertakes. Shawn went the extra mile by presenting a gift of a new vacuum cleaner as a token of appreciation for the business provided and this opportunity to share this oversight with him, for it is his own policy is to provide the ultimate in customer service! I am very grateful for this. As part of Lone Star Roofing and Construction's quality assuarance, Shawn, had his crew come out once more to paint all the vent pipes and flashing on the roof so that all of them match for a quality aesthetic look. This serves as a mark of quality and professionalism, followed by going the extra mile for the customer, and demonstrates Lone Star Roofing and Construction willingness to stand by their products and services! This reassured me I made the right choice in selecting Lone Star Roofing and Construction as the contractor for home repair and remodeling work to be done for my home, and I do recommend anyone else to feel safe and secure in hiring Lone Star Roofing and Construction as a contractor of choice for your needs as well !

Description of Work
1) Repair roof shingle damage caused by powerful rain storm with 50 mph windgusts. Sections of roof had patches of shingles blown off and the black felt liner had blown off of one section. This allowed water to seep in through the roofing plywood at each intersection where the roofing sheets come together.2) Repair section of interior ceiling drywall where water in the upstairs where the water settled upon, soaked the area, and water fell through an area of 20 sq ft, remove damaged drywall, replace drywall.3) Then repaint interior ceiling area of drywall in the 20 sq ft area plus the additional 300 sq ft area in the adjacent neighboring small bedroom.

Category drywall, roofing, house painters, interior painters