Kinetico San Antonio

Founded 1973 • With Angi since August 2007

Kinetico manufactures complete systems to improve water quality for general use as well as those which provide high-quality drinking water for consumption. Kinetico quality water systems are used in rural, problem water areas and where water is supplied by municipally controlled water utilities.

WATER FILTERS AND SYSTEMSWATER SOFTNERS WATER SOFTNER REPAIR

4.2

water softeners (60)plumbers (14)

10/28/2022

Mary P.

The worst customer service. I have been calling for a couple months leaving detailed voicemails informing That I want to cancel service, going with another company, and want the unit picked up. I finally get them to answer the phone today explaining I have been calling which they confirmed in their voice mail emails. I explained per my voicemails I need the system picked up today because I am going out of town and don’t want to be build for another cycle. They tried to get me to stay and I explained again I have already signed and paid another company, maybe if they had called back it would have been a different outcome. They then advised they could not pick up until 18 Nov and I would have to continue to pay for the unit until picked up. I advised not acceptable because I have been calling. I asked them to stop the auto pay and they said they could not because other people often change the pick-up day. I explained I am not that person, I have been calling them to schedule pick up in coordination with the new install so logic would lead one to believe, I am proactive and a person of integrity. They again refused to turn off auto pay and would continue to charge me for a system I am not using. Of course the charge will be disputed as I no longer receive services and have revoked my authorization to debit my account. Please don’t do business with Kinetico! I am sharing my experience so you don’t have to go through the same.

Description of Work
Horrible Customer Service

Work Completed On 10/28/2022

04/26/2022

Chad D.

Mike and Waldo are great. I just moved to my new house and needed an addict drop. They came with the water softener and were able to do the addict drop without any problems. They ran the like to drain like to the utility room. They loaded my system with salt and made lines look tight

Description of Work
Glad I have Kinetico

Work Completed On 04/26/2022

07/30/2019

Maria G.

We were very pleased with their professionalism and customer service. They are very knowledgable and made sure we understood all the options we had and what needed to be done. When we are ready to buy, we will call Kinetico to replace our old water softener for sure!

Description of Work
Looking for a new water softener for our house

Work Completed On 07/30/2019

04/17/2017

Jacques M.

From our initial call, quote process and installation, everyone was friendly and professional. Kinetico prices are higher than other brands, but they did a great job describing the benefits of their product and we were impressed by customer online reviews too. They do not apply any pressure to get the sale, which we appreciated. We are very happy with the results and highly recommend Kinetico.

Description of Work
Replaced our water softner (we did not previously have a Kinetico).

Work Completed On 03/23/2017

04/11/2017

Joe M.

Everything went great! The install was done in one day and it works great! My home was not preplumbed for the system so they did all the plumbing work as well. Couldn't be happier with the service and performance.

Description of Work
Installed full house water softener and dechlorinator.

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 03/16/2017

03/14/2017

Mark I.

Perfect ! I believe kinetico makes the best water softener on the market. A little pricey it get it back in quality . I have liked them since I read a review about them Over 30+ years ago in Popular Science Magazine. Only 2 people in Home uses very little salt.

Description of Work
Replace water softener/whole house water filter.

Work Completed On 03/14/2017

02/21/2017

Michael C.

I would definitely recommend Kinetico to anyone looking to have a new water softener installed. Both Matt and David were wonderful. Prompt, professional yet approachable. As I am new to Texas, they both were able to answer any questions I had about the many differences from Michigan. David helped me with lawn tips, Matt let me know where good meat markets were located. Great service! Great value!

Description of Work
My wife and I recently purchased a new home in the San Antonio area and we were in need of a water softener and drinking water purifier.

Work Completed On 02/21/2017

01/27/2017

Eric K.

They were just kind of pricey. They were on time and courteous. They showed up. They gave the presentation. They were a little pricey than what I wanted to pay.

Description of Work
I had them come out for an estimate. It was for water softener.

01/12/2016

Kevin A.

Absolutely perfectly. Punctual, polite, and professional. Absolutely one of the best decisions we made when we purchased our home. Kinetico has great service and a great product. Worry free and pretty much maintenance free and great water quality. Neighbors without a water softener have already had problems with their appliances due to our local hard water (after only about 5 years residence). We've had no issues nor do we see any effects of hard water on appliances, dishes, or faucet hardware. The reverse osmosis system gives great quality and great tasting water as well! Kinetico is the way to go!

Description of Work
Replace membrane in reverse osmosis unit

Work Completed On 03/01/2015

10/13/2015

John T.

On our previous home we used a competitor's product with an electronic system. I reviewed Angie's List and saw excellent reviews for Kinetico. First and foremost Kinetico has exceptional customer service. A phone call to a very friendly person will get you started. The system uses probably a quarter of the salt that our previous system did. This is especially important for us since our above ground sprayers from our septic system have us using much more expensive potassium chloride. After the install we needed a couple of tweaks to our system to get it operating optimally. Both service calls were prompt and free of charge. The reverse osmosis system is also a drastic improvement. The previous system made a bunch of burping sounds when the tank refilled. The Kinetico system sounds like a little running water when it refills. The install was again prompt and professional and had no problem cutting a hole in our granite counter tops. The only disadvantage with the reverse osmosis system is that you have to use their more expensive, proprietary filters. In summary Kinetico provides a superior product, uses significantly less salt, no electronics, quiet RO, and exceptional customer service.

Description of Work
Installed Kinetico water softener and reverse osmosis system.

Work Completed On 09/15/2015

[Member name removed], Know how much I appreciate your very kind words as well as your business. We all look forward to serving you and your family. My very best~ Chris Knippa, Owner of Kinetico of San Antonio.

09/17/2015

Allen D.

Since my house was not plumbed for the softener they installed a water line along with two addition outside faucets. They then installed a top line water softener and the sink water filtration system. Everything went extremely well from the beginning. We have been very happy with the water softener and love the drinking water. Couldn't live without either one. We are very satisfied customers and would highly recommend Kinetico Water softeners to anyone one.

Description of Work
Installed water softener and k5 water filtration system for drinking water.

Work Completed On 12/30/2013

[Member name removed], Just a quick note of thanks for giving us he opportunity to earn your business. Really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with Angie's List. Sincerely~ Chris Knippa, Owner of Kinetico Quality Water Systems of San Antonio and the Hill Country.

08/23/2015

Shari C.

We recently had a major kitchen renovation and decided to move away from the RO system we were using. The Kinetico tech that came out ran a test on our system and said our water softener was great and there was no reason to change anything yet. We did however go with their K5 reverse osmosis system and couldn't be happier. The quality and taste of the water beats what we can get from the store or through a bottling system. Highly recommend Kinetico, for the RO and the water softener. This visit was to replace the filters for the RO. Very easy to do.

Description of Work
Provided replacement filters for RO system

Work Completed On 08/17/2015

So glad to hear you are enjoying your Kinetico reverse osmosis system. Thank you for giving us the opportunity to earn your business!! Sincerely, Chris Knippa ~ Owner

08/11/2015

BRYAN B.

Super job and fantastic follow-up. Professional installers and great filter change thereafter.

Description of Work
New RO system

Work Completed On 04/09/2014

04/30/2015

Michael W.

They responded promptly when I first called, provided me all the information that I needed to make a decision, and installed everything five days later. The installer arrived on time, knew what he was doing, and all went well. Two weeks later, Kinetico called to make an appointment to return and double-check everything. At that visit, they were not entirely satisfied with the water filter, and replaced it.

Description of Work
Installed a Kinetico Water Softener, Premier Series and a Reverse Osmosis Water filter.

Work Completed On 08/06/2014

04/28/2015

Vince S.

I did have to call them back a few months later, but they came right out under the systems warranty. Their customer service is good too.

Description of Work
The work they did was fine when they installed a water softener system.

Work Completed On 12/06/2014

04/28/2015

Gail R.

I liked everything about them and we have used them before too.

Description of Work
They installed a water softener in our new house in the last part of October.

Work Completed On 10/25/2014

04/23/2015

Mark O.

I researched a number of water softener systems online. Kinetico's website was very complete and provided most of the information that I needed. I made an appointment and Ray came to the house to review the installation location, explain the system, answer my questions, and provide a detailed quote. I decided on the Kinetico system and placed the order. The system installation went smoothly - Jason installed the system in 30 minutes. He reviewed system operation and answered all my questions. Both he and Ray were very professional and efficient, and I was very comfortable to have them in my home and very comfortable with the work that they did. I now have soft water and the system is performing well. It was also nice to use the $400 off to Angie's List members as well.

Description of Work
They installed a new Kinetico Signature Series water softener.

Work Completed On 04/02/2015

02/24/2015

Lance V.

Smooth installation but very expensive.

Description of Work
Installed water softner

Work Completed On 10/01/2014

01/20/2015

George B.

Everything has been very satisfactory. We were already set up with the plumbing so they got everything done in about an hour to an hour and a half.

Description of Work
They installed a water softener.

Work Completed On 06/15/2014

01/20/2015

Julie M.

It was wonderful. Chris and his team are great to work with. We have been using them for 8 years so when we bought a new home we used them. Their pricing is very competitive.

Description of Work
They repaired the old water softener system in the old house very quickly. They installed a new state of the art system in our new home and we are just thrilled with it. They also installed a reverse osmosis system.

Work Completed On 12/01/2014

01/19/2015

Ronald D.

They did a good job! The technician came on time and worked efficiently. He told me how to do services on my own too. It worked out well.

Description of Work
The put in a drinking water system (reverse osmosis).

Category plumbing

Work Completed On 08/15/2014

01/19/2015

Ty B.

It turned out well! We are happy with their services. They completed everything the same day for us.

Description of Work
They installed a new Kinetico water softener.

Work Completed On 04/15/2014

09/03/2014

Rebecca R.

Getting an appointment was quick and easy. After our meeting, we had a detailed list of questions around brine and water efficiency of three different systems (although only one was a system that was originally recommended to us). Although it took some time and discussion to get the information we wanted, we were able to get the details and made a choice appropriate for our home. During the install we had some plumbing issues (on our end) to overcome, but Kinetico was great about coming up with a great work-around. We love our Kinetico and our water could not be better!

Description of Work
Installed home water softener.