Green Energy of San Antonio

Founded 2009 • With Angi since March 2013

4.3

1270 N Loop 1604 E #1313

San Antonio, TX 78232

We’re a family business so we know how important your home is. If you desire a home that is more comfortable and energy efficient, we’d love to be trusted with the opportunity. As always payment is due upon completion.

10/23/2019

Gary S.

They were awesome!!! Showed up on time, finished early and cleaned up everything. Our electric bill has been reduced significantly and our house is much more comfortable. I highly recommend Green Energy!!!

Description of Work
Radiant Barrier

06/02/2016

Richard R.

They showed up at the scheduled time, started work and completed the first part in a few hours. I had them install their foam insulation in several walls in the house for insulation and noise dampening. I also has a solar attic fan installed, The foam installation required a second visit to close up the holes they made, and to patch the drywall. They cam back in appx 6 weeks after the initial visit and did a wonderful job of patching their holes. The foam did not dampen external noise, but it did dampen the internal sounds of water running through an interior wall. We wanted the foam installed because we suspect the house builder did not correctly insulate behind a bathtub. After it was installed, we did notice that the bathtub was not as cold the next winter. The wet summer we are currently having has exposed an issue with the solar roof fan. It is leaking quite badly. I am having a roofing contractor come out to see how bad it is. First batch of heavy rain we have had since the installation, so I am confident that their installation is the reason for the current leak.

Description of Work
They inspected my attic and suggested I get their energy barrier installed, along with a solar attic fan. I called them to check to see how much it would be to put their foam insulation into a few walls.

03/07/2016

MIKE G.

Talked to several attic heat prevention companies around S.A., and decided on Green Energy after comparing product samples from several. The copper barrier while certainly more expensive, just seemed far superior to other barriers. Not sure I can scientifically prove the worth of the copper vs. the others, but reading around a bit it all made sense and seemed like a little more peace of mind to handle the San Antonio summer heat. I will have to see exactly how this set up works when we are hitting 100 consecutively this summer, but confidence is pretty high after the install and inspection of the barrier and vent fans. Both crews (fans and barrier) were on time, friendly and did efficient work. John was great to deal with and explain things up front, appreciate the time he took and the advice not to unnecessarily overdo other attic spaces we had that may not really need it or provide much benefit. Fair advice that I took, saving $.

Description of Work
Installed 3 solar attic fans and radiant barrier in 2nd story attic.

02/05/2016

Allan B.

These guys were very professional from start to finish. They showed up on time and were fast and efficient and left the area in great condition. I have replaced my A/C unit and they contractor commented that who ever did the radiant barrier did a beautiful job much better than others they had seen. If this company did other projects I would defiantly hire them to do them.

Description of Work
They pit in a radiant barrier, ridge vent.

11/16/2015

Patrick E.

Copper radiant barrier installed professionally in one day. Ridge venting installed in one day. No issues with either...except, Green Energy did not advise that I should have also had my two turbine vents plugged. Most reputable roofers and tons of literature on the internet will advise you to only have one type of attic exhaust system. Don't mix them. More vents to not equal better ventilation. In fact, multi-systems will work against one another. Advise you to consult a ventilation expert before considering adding any type of radiant barrier. Called Green Energy about this and they don't agree with roofing companies or the information out on the internet. They know better. Don't risk your home on their narrow thinking.

Description of Work
Installed copper radiant barrier and ridge vent.

08/19/2015

Patricia E.

Great! First Class Operation!

Description of Work
Installed ridge cap over house and installed insulation.

06/05/2015

Chadwick A.

Went smoothly, this was an expansion of system installed on the house 3 years prior. Once we built the garage they came back for this most recent work.

Description of Work
Installed gutters on our garage and tied them to drainage system,

04/16/2015

John B.

Description of Work
Installed radiant barrier in main and secondary attics. Kudos to salesman Jymi and inspector David. They earned my potential new window business with their professionalism, punctuality and high standards.

11/15/2014

MYLES L.

They said that I would get a rebate and it ended up costing me $1400 more. My bill has not dropped at all. I feel like I got ripped off. There has not been a difference in my electric bill and they guaranteed that it would. The quality is good but, I did not get what I was hoping for. I would not recommend them. They promised that I would get a lower electric bill and I did not get the rebate. They did a good job putting it in. My electric bill actually went up $2. It took them 3 days to do it. I guess the price was okay for what they did. They were very professional. I would not use them again.

Description of Work
Green Energy of San Antonio did the green energy barrier and put 14 inches of insulation in my roof.

Category insulation, energy audit

Sir you bought an auction item off of KLRN and the additional cost you paid was due to the footage of your home requiring more material than the gift certificate covered. When we initially quoted the project we included the total cost and subtracted the value of the gift certificate. Klrn clearly posted the fine details and we even suggested you talk to them. Our company has never promised any rebates to you and only made you aware of rebates through CPS for standard insulation.

10/01/2014

Louis H.

I had their new copper radiant barrier installed in my house. The installation crew were very professional and installed the product in less than a day. The sales process was no hassle and I know I have received more value than I paid. The proof is in the savings on my CPS bill. Thanks G.E. team!

Description of Work
installed radiant barrier

Category insulation

Thank you [Member name removed], we appreciate the trust and faith you put in our company!

08/03/2014

Dale P.

It's now six weeks after installation and I have yet to be called by anyone from this company asking if I was happy with the products installed or with with their service. I even gave them a chance to ask me a month after the install when I called them to ask a question. I guess they don't care if I'm happy or not, but they sure were happy to take my 5-digit payment though. Am I satisfied with the product or not? Who knows; they sure don't know, and apparently don't care.

Description of Work
Radiant barrier, 2 Solar fans, and blown in insulation.

11/27/2013

TOM B.

Aimee came out and talked to CARROLYN about the install and answered all her questions. She was delightful.

Description of Work
Installed copper radiant barrier & solar vent.

07/10/2013

Elizabeth S.

Installers were late from day one and a job that was supposed to take two days turned into 6 days. Installer didn’t return my phone calls and the company finally had to have another installer finish the job. Come to find out the first installer was only working part time for Green Energy and had another full time job. When everything was said and done the product did not perform as they claim and we will never use or recommend this product or this company to anyone.

Description of Work
Install radiant barrier

Category gutter repair

Mam, I have checked our records again and we never provided gutter servicing to your home. You may have us confused with someone else.

Dobi Pressure Wash

Dobi Pressure Wash provides Affordable pressure washing service for driveways, sidewalks, fences, garbage cans and more! Give us a call or click for an estimate today!

My Favorite Service Company

My Favorite Service Company service experts have years of experience repairing, servicing, and installing heaters and air conditioners from all brands and models. High-efficiency heating and air conditioning systems nowadays have numerous sensors and technologies that can break with the slightest wrong motion. Save time and money by hiring our service experts to take care of your air conditioning grunt work so you can focus more on the essential things in life.

2022 Super Service Award

Above & Beyond Air Conditioning & Heating

Over 60 Years of Combined Experience - EXPERIENCE THE DIFFERENCE! Locally Owned and Operated FREE 2nd Opinion & FREE Estimates FREE Maintenance Visit with 1 Year Maintenance Agreement ($89 Value) Military and Veteran Discounts (18% OFF) 24 Hour Emergency Service Year Round Maintenance CPS Energy Savings Most Comprehensive 70 Point Tune-Up Inspection in the market Residential & Commercial HVAC - Installation and New Equipment Residential and Commercial Repairs Duct Work & Insulation Solar Attic Fans Energy Saving Thermostats Easy Financing Available Trane and Carrier Units

Offers Coupon

Check, Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover, Financing Available

Green energy, radiant barrier, insulation, ridge vents, solar attic fans, snap lock gutters, gutter pro systems & home improvement.

Foam & solar power.