Good Electric

Founded 1984 • With Angi since February 2008

We understand the importance of excellent service. Choosing the right Licensed Electrician comes down to trust which is an integral part to the success Good Electric Ltd experiences in South Texas. This is why we continuously achieve high reviews from our clients and we have won the Super Service Award 4 years in a row....

electrician (605)lighting (129)ceiling fan installation (58)water damage restoration (1)drywall (1)

09/01/2022

Catherine L.

Good Electric gave me a phone quote to install a light fixture, sight unseen. Booked next-day appointment. The 2 electricians gave onsite inspection and quoted cost. Price was significantly higher due to the complexity. One electrician, Zacq, pointed out smudges on brand new light fixture before it was hung, thus giving me the opportunity to clean it. Overall, the installation took longer than expected - installation of brace box to support hanging light fixture. Good job. Reliable. Great service.

Description of Work
Install light fixture

Work Completed On 08/12/2022

Ms [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your excellent review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We appreciate that you will call us again for any electrical needs and refer us to your family and friends. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Good Electric

07/05/2022

Georgia M.

Excellent! David and his coworker are amazing! They went above and beyond to make sure everything was perfect. They even made a trip to a store to get exactly what was needed to replace our fixture. They were extremely concerned about the quality of their work and the appearance of the end result. They are the best people we have had work here. Thank you both again!

Description of Work
Install new light fixture at front porch.

Work Completed On 07/05/2022

06/03/2022

JIM R.

Michael was friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Great visit.

Description of Work
Breake replacement plus guidance on several other electricl/wiring issues

Work Completed On 06/03/2022

Mr. [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your excellent review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We appreciate that you will call us again for any electrical needs and refer us to your family and friends. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Mike Varnum Good Electric

04/04/2022

Melody K.

Great, the workers were very professional and prices were upfront

Description of Work
Adding an outlet

Work Completed On 04/04/2022

01/18/2022

joe C.

Great service call, perhaps the best I have had in over 30 years. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Repair/ replace GFI outlet.

Work Completed On 01/14/2022

05/14/2021

Jenni G.

This is the second time I've used Good Electric. Excellent work, from the time of scheduling, to on time arrival, to quick repair of landscape lighting. Would hire again. Recommend!

Description of Work
Repair of Landscape lighting

Work Completed On 05/12/2021

03/27/2021

Lou K.

We have used Good Electric before. Everyone was very friendly, starting with their scheduler Debbie. The technicians, Terry and Greg were great. They were punctual and very friendly. Most importantly, they were very knowledgeable. We suspected there was an issue with a GFCI outlet. They quickly determined the problem and fixed the bad GFCI outlet, which proved to be the fix for other outlets not working. Lastly, I felt the price for the work performed was very reasonable.

Description of Work
Electric - several electrical outlets were not working

Work Completed On 03/26/2021

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Good Electric

02/01/2021

jackie K.

They were on time and they were knowledgeable.

Description of Work
They put under cabinet lights in my kitchen.

Work Completed On 08/10/2020

12/18/2020

Edward M.

On time; quick; professional; fair price.

Description of Work
Replace an outdoor GFCI switch

Work Completed On 12/10/2020

11/01/2020

Doug C.

It went well. It took about a week to get the needed part and they installed it right away.

Description of Work
Heating element in bathroom vent/light/heater fixture had to be replaced.

Work Completed On 10/30/2020

Mr [Member Name Removed], Thank you for your excellent review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Good Electric

10/08/2020

Elsa P.

Very happy with the service. A little pricey but I didn’t have a chance to get other bids so they may be in range. They were the first to respond & came out that same day. The work was completed quickly the following day and everything looks very neat and professional. Would definitely recommend.

Description of Work
Two plugs for garage doors were installed

Work Completed On 09/25/2020

Review for Good Electric  - 9018 Aero St., San Antonio, TX - 38934182

09/12/2020

Jerry D.

The crew arrived on time and were very conscious due to COVID-19. They dutifully checked each item necessary to get the house ready to sell, correcting the specific items I addressed. The apprentice diagnosed an errant inoperative electrical outlet to a septic pump circuit which saved a lot of time and modifications to the house. All-in-all very happy with the work, quite shocked at the price...even WITH the discounts for Angie's List...for example he charged $127 to swap out a $28.00 smoke detector...not an install, but simply a "turn the unit, unplug it and replace it"...the mount and wiring were already there. He initially began to charge an additional $149 to "do an electrical inspection" which I did not need so after some discussion abstained from that. Were it NOT for the exorbitant price, I'd definitely use them again.

Description of Work
Miscellaneous electrical checks and repairs for a home sale

Work Completed On 08/20/2020

09/08/2020

S A.

Excellent work. Arrived on time and job done in about 3 hours. Clean up done afterwards and very professional. Answered all my questions about outside lighting. Will hire again for other projects.

Description of Work
Door bell repair and outside lighting

Work Completed On 08/28/2020

09/07/2020

Ray G.

Went great. Terry, our tech showed exactly on time and got to work almost immediately. He did an outstanding job and we would differently have him back again.

Description of Work
Remove three old exterior light fixtures and install three new ones.

Cost $262.6

Work Completed On 09/03/2020

09/05/2020

Steven B.

The crew showed up on time. Very professional, knowledgeable, thorough and courteous. The electrician explained the scenario and the process to make remedy. All work was completed properly and to code. Great work.

Description of Work
Outdoor Electrical Service

Work Completed On 09/01/2020

06/05/2020

Eric K.

Very well, Terry was thoroughly professional to the point that I asked him for a proposal for additional repair work. He provided a very reasonable estimate. Terry also took the time to sit down and explain the results of his review and to provide pointers on other electrical issues; he answered all of my questions to my satisfaction. I was very pleased and posted Good Electric's card on my fusebox for future work.

Description of Work
I need to have a review perform of my GFCI outlets as well as a light fixture that was not working.

Work Completed On 05/26/2020

Ms/Mr …. Thank you for your excellent review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We appreciate that you will call us again for any electrical needs. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Good Electric

05/28/2020

Roland A.

They were professional and courteous. Rafael really knows his stuff and is very professional.

Description of Work
Added some outside ceiling fans and had them come out again for a breaker issue I was having.

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 05/28/2020

04/14/2020

Noe T.

Initially, I was not happy with the fact that no one wanted to come to my house to assess our situation simply because I am a nurse who is currently working with patients diagnosed with COVID-19 after an apt was already in place and they were aware of my job and duties. I get it, it can be scary but I assured them that I was not sick and that all necessary precautions are made to avoid contaminating my home. I also told them that I wouldn't have anyone at my house if there was ANY chance I may be contaminated. They could have let it go an moved on with their lives as I'm sure that they are not lacking business. They did not, instead I received a call later on in the day asking if they can come over today to perform a diagnostic and take a look at the things I needed to be repaired. I accepted the offer, they performed a free diagnostic test on multiple light switches and repaired one of the fans that was not working at no cost to me. I was given additional advice on what to do with the other fixtures that need repair and what would more than likely be the cheaper route. I truly appreciate that they called me and made things better as that takes a lot of courage to do than to simply ignore what happened and move. I will be contacting them for my additional repairs. Shout out to Terry for stepping up and coming into my home.

Description of Work
Light fixtures

Category ceiling fans

Work Completed On 04/14/2020

Thank you for giving us a second review. We are glad that we were able to be of service. Also, we do appreciate what you do for the community and look forward to helping you out with your electrical repairs when you are ready. Mike Varnum

04/12/2020

Jeff H.

I am very pleased with the job that Evenflow did. I would hire them again, in a heartbeat.

Description of Work
Several outlets fixed, and tested.

Work Completed On 03/31/2020

01/29/2020

Cynthia C.

Excellent! Rafael & Zach were very professional & courteous. They did an awesome job! Will call them again when needed, & will also refer them to friends.

Description of Work
Bathroom vanity light install

Work Completed On 01/27/2020

Ms/Mr …. Thank you for your excellent review. All of our electricians are trained to be knowledgeable, professional and courteous. We appreciate that you will call us again for any electrical needs and refer us to your family and friends. We stand behind our motto ‘Dedicated to Excellence.’ Mike Varnum Good Electric

12/22/2019

Scott A.

Turns out the lighting unit was not working due to a switch hidden behind a picture. The technician was there for less than a half hour, did some diagnostic work and then found the hidden switch. They nonetheless charged the FULL amount for the visit (over $200). I called to let them know if they had made some accommodations, we would be customers for life. They made no accommodations and we will not use them ever again. Disappointing for a self-proclaimed Christian company.

Description of Work
Lighting unit was out.

Work Completed On 12/22/2019

Dear Mr. [Member Name Removed], We did receive a call from you and the request was forwarded to our service manager. He called your phone twice (prior to the bad report) for you to call him back so we could make accommodations. We are disappointed you gave us a D review without giving us an opportunity to talk to you. Please call us back so we can discuss acceptable options and so you can make a review based on our actual response. Also, according to records from the vehicle's GPS we at your home for 53 minutes. The diagnostics charge to you of $177.30 is a fixed price to find the problem no matter how long it takes so our customers will not get run away bills, but we do make accommodations if the problem is found in a short period of time. Given the opportunity to communicate with our customers we have had a large majority of A ratings from our Angie's list customers for the last 12 years. We have been awarded the their Super Service award every year. We are also accredited by the BBB, have no complaints, and have their highest rating: A+. We look forward to hearing from you. Sincerely, Larry Good, President.

11/15/2019

Angela H.

Fantastic job and honest pricing. They came out did a very thorough job. After everything was done, they even send me a check in the mail for the Angie's list discount since the technician forgot to give it to me when he came out (and I forgot to ask). I will definitely hire them again for any future electrical work.

Description of Work
Whole House Surge Protector

Work Completed On 11/15/2019

08/21/2019

Walter M.

It went great! Rafael and Zackery called to announce when they would arrive. They got to our home exactly at that specific time. Before quoting a price, Rafael listened to both fans and stated that he knew, right away, what was the problem. Rafael then stated what it would cost to repair the fans. He started on the first fan and pointed out to me that the wiring had not been properly stowed in the ceiling fixture. As a result, a wire rubbed against the motor when the fan was in operation. That solved the ticking noise problem. At the second fan, he again said he thought he knew what the problem was. Upon disassembly, he discovered that the remote control unit had come loose and was rubbing against the fan motor. Additionally, he noted that whomever installed the fan had placed the remote unit to sit upon the assembly that held the fan motor steady so that it didn't wobble. After further investigation, he also noted that two of the screws needed to secure the fan housing had never been installed. Rafael then got a couple of the right size screws and secured the fan motor as shown in the instructions and placed the remote receiver in its proper location. As he had done with the with the first fan, he reinstalled the fan lighting, started the fan, took it through its three settings, as well as the light fixture three settings, and finished up. I was really pleased with both of the electricians. Both went out of their way to explain what was needed, how long it would take, and the total cost. I would highly recommend Goode Electric for any electrical work.

Description of Work
Two ceiling fans were making rubbing and ticking noises.